PDA

View Full Version : aggies vs. techies

AggieJohn
11-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Texas A&M will try to shake off a two-game skid and earn its first victory over Texas Tech in four years when the teams meet Saturday at College Station.
The 22nd-ranked Aggies (6-3, 4-2 Big 12) had won six straight to become bowl eligible before dropping its last two games, including last week's 42-35 defeat to No. 2 Oklahoma.

The much-improved Aggies, who finished 4-8 last season, hope they return to their winning ways against the Red Raiders (6-3, 4-2), who have dominated the series in recent years.

Though Texas A&M leads the all-time series 33-28-1, it has lost three straight and seven of the last nine to Texas Tech. However, the Aggies have won seven of the last 10 meetings at College Station.

Texas Tech has won two straight overall, including last week's 42-17 triumph over Baylor. Senior quarterback Sonny Cumbie, who leads the nation with 405.2 passing yards per game, threw five touchdown passes for the second time this season to help the Red Raiders become bowl eligible.

``We expected to be bowl eligible sooner,'' said Cumbie, who was 37-of-48 for 397 yards. ``The only thing on our minds is the Aggies and we have our hands full.''

Texas Tech is averaging a Big 12-leading 37 points, 411.2 yards passing and 495.1 total yards per game.

Aggies coach Dennis Franchione is well aware of the Red Raiders' prowess through the air.

``There are not that many teams willing to throw the ball 50-70 times a game,'' Franchione said. ``They have a complete commitment to doing that and other things they do with their offense are unique. To prepare for it in a short amount of time is a challenge.

``You know they are going to move the ball and score some points. If you are going to have a chance to compete in the game, you will have to score some points.''

The Aggies expect to have their best offensive weapon, senior quarterback Reggie McNeal, back on the field. McNeal is a threat with his arm and with his legs, averaging 229.7 yards passing and 70.9 rushing per game. He was forced to leave Saturday's loss to Oklahoma with an undisclosed injury. As a policy, Texas A&M does not release injury information unless it's season ending.

McNeal, who has rushed for eight touchdowns and thrown for 11 more, is ranked second in the Big 12 and sixth nationally in total offense. He said he is good to go against Texas Tech.

``I'm just a competitive person,'' said McNeal, who had his streak of 205 consecutive passes without an interception end on Saturday. ``I don't like to lose. I will do whatever it takes to get out there and make something happen and win.''

McNeal was replaced by Ty Branyon, a former walk-on, who went 7-for-12 for 72 yards and ran for 38 more.

The Aggies, who conclude the regular season at No. 6 Texas on Nov. 26, will try to do a better job of holding on to the ball. After committing just one turnover in their first seven games, they have six in their last two, including three against Oklahoma that led to 14 points.

Cat22
11-10-2004, 11:27 AM
A&M needs to put some pressure on the QB and not rush three guys all night. Tech will pick the secondary apart if A&M does that again this year. I expect a shootout. Both teams may very well score 50 each.

AggieJohn
11-10-2004, 05:20 PM
good for me and my date

JasperDog94
11-10-2004, 05:44 PM
I guess if that's what it takes...:hairpunk: :hairpunk:

AggieJohn
11-10-2004, 05:47 PM
not what takes, just an added bonus

LHS62
11-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech will win.

3afan
11-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001
good for me and my date

i hope you don't lie to her to ... cause the girl (or mom) always find out

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-10-2004, 08:05 PM
Gig'em AGS!

Keith7
11-10-2004, 08:06 PM
good for me and my date

Hey i ran into your date today at the San Diego zoo and she was so excited about the date that she was actually thinking about you!! :D :D

http://img116.exs.cx/img116/9811/sheep.jpg

mwynn05
11-10-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
i hope you don't lie to her to ... cause the girl (or mom) always find out it's prolly a guy

sinton66
11-10-2004, 08:18 PM
Dang, Keith, you're finally coming around.....LMAO!!!:D :D :D

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2004, 09:38 PM
That was hilarious, Keith! ROFL!!! http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/lachen/laughing-smiley-018.gifhttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/lachen/laughing-smiley-018.gif

Panther Ross
11-10-2004, 10:00 PM
We all know who is going to do this.... the AGGIES. They are going to take the game by14.

big daddy russ
11-10-2004, 10:04 PM
I've got Tech by 10 in a shootout.

3afan
11-10-2004, 10:10 PM
is it on TV ???

11TARPON
11-10-2004, 10:38 PM
The Aggie's secondary is suspect and Tech will have a big game.

Ranger05
11-10-2004, 10:58 PM
i gotta go with Tech on this one they have the better team in my opinion it just depends on which tech team shows up at college station. college station is a hard place to play at so its gonna be a close one and im not real sure who will win but im going for the team closet to me which is Texas Tech

stallion02
11-10-2004, 11:14 PM
I have my doubts about the Aggie secondary, but I still think they are definitely a more complete team than tech. After watchin how they played last saturday against OU, tech doesnt stand a chance if our boys come out playin like they should. They've had their share of off games this season (see: BAYLOR, CU) but they have quality wins over teams like OSU and Clemson. The Ags should be fine and take 10+ point victory. Plus you are out of your mind to rule out the Twelfth Man as a factor. All that roaring will definitely get in Cumbie's head. Basically, i believe A&M will win Saturday and against Texas to take second in the Big 12. It might sound crazy and overconfident, but just give it a few weeks to play out, then we will see.

Ranger05
11-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by stallion02
I have my doubts about the Aggie secondary, but I still think they are definitely a more complete team than tech. After watchin how they played last saturday against OU, tech doesnt stand a chance if our boys come out playin like they should. They've had their share of off games this season (see: BAYLOR, CU) but they have quality wins over teams like OSU and Clemson. The Ags should be fine and take 10+ point victory. Plus you are out of your mind to rule out the Twelfth Man as a factor. All that roaring will definitely get in Cumbie's head. Basically, i believe A&M will win Saturday and against Texas to take second in the Big 12. It might sound crazy and overconfident, but just give it a few weeks to play out, then we will see.
UT would be second in the big 12 with one loss unless they lose on saturday.

Ranger05
11-10-2004, 11:25 PM
my bad read it wrong i had a really long day

AggieJohn
11-10-2004, 11:32 PM
my thing about this game is that unless you have been to kyle field you can't diss the twelfth man factor, it's rediculous how many times we have forced qb's to take a T.O. because of it being to loud to give a play.....

jason
11-10-2004, 11:32 PM
how did that 12th man thing work against baylor ??

Ranger05
11-10-2004, 11:33 PM
ive never been to a game at A&M but one of my football coaches played linebacker for UT and he always told how loud it was and how when he was jr. they lost a conference championship pretty much because of the noise

AggieJohn
11-10-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by jason
how did that 12th man thing work against baylor ??

well idiot considering it was at waco this year......hmm...

Bandera YaYa
11-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Point Match !!!! LOL!! :D

Ag04
11-11-2004, 11:42 AM
I am gonna go with the Ags on this one! Last week they played very impressive and like mentioned above......12th man is awesome!

raider red 2000
11-11-2004, 12:19 PM
i am not sure how much a factor the 12th man is against tech. i think that lately tech has done ok there. if tech mins then it means that they will have won 8 of the last 10 years....but it should be a shoot out.... i think that it is McNeal's game to win or lose.

i hope he loses...GO TECH

Bulldog_12
11-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Has their quarterback ever played here before? If not, I think the 12th man could DEFINATELY be a factor for him. If its anything like it was against Oklahoma or K-state, It will rattle him. That place got LOUD during those two. I couldnt even here myself think.

shellman54
11-11-2004, 04:51 PM
A&M in a high scoring game. TAMU 49 Tech 35

LHS62
11-11-2004, 06:35 PM
Aggies are so sensitive.

big daddy russ
11-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Has their quarterback ever played here before? If not, I think the 12th man could DEFINATELY be a factor for him. If its anything like it was against Oklahoma or K-state, It will rattle him. That place got LOUD during those two. I couldnt even here myself think.
During the Clemson game, I was at my girlfriend's apartment finishing up some work. She was at the game and I had tried to call her, but couldn't get through. Had no idea why.

She lives behind Northgate, right behind Aggie Station (for anyone familiar with CS), and is about a mile away from the stadium. I had to run an errand during the second quarter and when I walked out I could hear the crowd.

While I was on my way to the store, she called and left me a message. She was sitting in the student section, said she couldn't hear her phone ring. I was sitting in my Suburban with the windows down at the corner of University and College Main (intersection next to Northgate... across campus about 1/3 mile)... and I couldn't hear my phone ring.

I'd never experienced anything like that. Not in Texas Stadium, not in DKR, not in Baton Rouge and not in Jordan-Hare Stadium. You just can't compare those fans with any others I've ever seen.

Now I have heard that the fans at Neyland Stadium get pretty loud, but I've never personally heard anything like Kyle Field.

AggieJohn
11-11-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by LHS62
Aggies are so sensitive.

I AM NOT SENSATIVE

jk

3afan
11-11-2004, 08:04 PM
apparantly you are not honorable or trustworthy either ......................... but i could be wrong about that

AggieJohn
11-11-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
apparantly you are not honorable or trustworthy either ......................... but i could be wrong about that i'm pretty sure you are

3afan
11-11-2004, 09:49 PM
by the way, its SENSITIVE

and IMO going back on you word is neither honorable nor trustworthy no matter how you try and spin it

stallion02
11-12-2004, 03:15 AM
well idiot considering it was at waco this year......hmm...

freakin hilarious...
I wanted to say the same thing.

This will be a great game, and i cant wait to watch it up there with my 12th man. WHOOP!

AggieJohn
11-12-2004, 03:35 AM
stallion let me know who you are
PM me

bmbf_06
11-12-2004, 09:20 AM
im hopin the ags win this week since im going to be there! Gig 'em!! WHOOP!!!!