PDA

View Full Version : BH over Liberty in Volleyball

RBARKER
11-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Well the guys couldn't get it done in Football so the Girls took care of business in Volleyball. Article from Eagle sports.

The third time was not the charm for the Lady Panthers from Liberty. After losing twice to Barbers Hill in district play, Liberty had hoped to pull off the upset in the third meeting between the schools. But the Eagles showed why they have been tagged the #1 ranked team in state as they defeated Liberty in 3, 25-9, 25-15 and 25-10.

Barbers Hill will now face Caldwell in a rematch of last year's Regional Semifinal game. Regionals will be held at Bryan High School Friday and Saturday.

Any other scores out there?

AggieJohn
11-10-2004, 10:28 AM
how do you go from not having a program like 5 years ago to number one in the state...dear BH tell us how, that's amazing.....good try lady panthers

Jody
11-10-2004, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by explayer2001
how do you go from not having a program like 5 years ago to number one in the state...dear BH tell us how, that's amazing.....good try lady panthers

Where do you think all our football defensive players have gone. Even injuried they can play vollyball. :D

Seriously, we have some big fast girls that are just plain good. Ask some of the 4A & 5A schools we have beatin recently.

RBARKER
11-10-2004, 12:59 PM

It is amazing these girls have benn playing ball on the varisity level for only 3 years. All three years they went to the playoffs. the first year they lost in Area last year lost in the Regional Semis to adventual state champ Caldwell and this year ranked #1. I vote that the Volleyball coach be the OC in football next year:D

Jody
11-10-2004, 01:25 PM
Hell I would take Mary-Lo-Retton over Skidmore.

lobo12
11-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Monahans qualified for the regional tournament in Lubbock and plays Graham at 5:30 this friday. They are looking to make their third straigh appearance to the state tournament losing in the semis two years ago and then in the finals last year. Good luck to all of the teams in the regional tournaments this weekend

AggieJohn
11-10-2004, 03:55 PM
it's rediculous to become that good that fast

hsfootballrules
11-10-2004, 04:08 PM
I would take skidmore over rbarker and jody

Hupernikomen
11-10-2004, 04:09 PM
There is a new sheriff in town, and it isn't basketball. Congrats to BH for qualifying for the regional tourney again. Loads and loads of tradition in the Caldwell team. Manor and Silsbee are both very good. Going to be interesting. I noticed the ever-powerful Wimberly "snuck" into their region's tourey as well. They are suppose to be down but I wouldn't bet on it.

Good luck from here on out the competition will be much better than what you have seen so far.

80's Eagle
11-10-2004, 04:27 PM
It shows on the UIL bracket that Hamshire-Fannett beat Silsbee. Anyone have the scores?

Hupernikomen
11-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Very possible..I wasn't sure and was guessing on that one. We played HF earlier this year and they were a good team too. Thanks, but that spoils my desire to see a Silsbee/BH matchup :(

AggieJohn
11-10-2004, 05:31 PM
liberty, can we ever get past the first round in anything

shellman54
11-10-2004, 05:43 PM
baseball is always good for ya'll

AggieJohn
11-10-2004, 05:48 PM
not consistently though

RBARKER
11-10-2004, 05:52 PM

You will in Football this year.

AggieJohn
11-10-2004, 05:52 PM
here is too hoping

RBARKER
11-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by hsfootballrules
I would take skidmore over rbarker and jody

Why? You don't like going more than 2 rounds in the playoffs:D

AggieJohn
11-10-2004, 05:54 PM
no i just have never seen it happen

Rainman
11-10-2004, 08:57 PM
The girls on the team played club ball for years before the school got a team and the excellent work of Don Price to find coaches like John Leonard. (He came from a 5-A to coach the Hill.) The fairly new softball team has also had great sucess in it's first few years.

mustang04
11-10-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
The girls on the team played club ball for years before the school got a team and the excellent work of Don Price to find coaches like John Leonard. (He came from a 5-A to coach the Hill.) The fairly new softball team has also had great sucess in it's first few years.

RAINMAN!!!

Panther Ross
11-10-2004, 09:58 PM

Why don't you just go make out with the coaches from BH.

hsfootballrules
11-11-2004, 09:11 AM
actually rbarker which team have you got passed the second round......o yea that is right you probably work at a chemical plant

RBARKER
11-11-2004, 09:15 AM
actually rbarker which team have you got passed the second round......o yea that is right you probably work at a chemical plant

Haven't had the chance. Give me or Jody the Reins for one year and will getcha their. I know your a Skidmore fan and all, but good lord do you watch the game at all?

hsfootballrules
11-11-2004, 09:16 AM
actually i do......and go to college so you can take over

RBARKER
11-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Rainman

I think John Leonard found BH. I think I have read where he was told by a friend about BH wanting to start a VB program so he came and put his name in the hat.

RBARKER
11-11-2004, 09:18 AM
actually i do......and go to college so you can take over

Sweet when do I start:D Hey and stick to college man. That is the best thing that I have done, the world is a tough place without a Degree. Goodluck

hsfootballrules
11-11-2004, 09:22 AM
ok cause I would love to see what kinda offense and deffense you would run. I would like to see you handle all of the awesome athletes babers hill has. I bet Nick Saban is coming by to recruit Clay McWilliams because he is such a beast. I know BH has the best athletes in the state of Texas

RBARKER
11-11-2004, 11:47 AM
ok cause I would love to see what kinda offense and deffense you would run. I would like to see you handle all of the awesome athletes babers hill has. I bet Nick Saban is coming by to recruit Clay McWilliams because he is such a beast. I know BH has the best athletes in the state of Texas

Actually I like our Offense. I just think the Play calling could be improved.

LHS62
11-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Explayer is mad because where ever he goes to school the football team sucks. Not saying that it was ever that bad in Liberty, but we could have been better in the playoffs. And A&M is doing its usually mediocre. So quite hating on Liberty.

LHS62
11-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Oh yeah. Let's not forget that Tech will hull out the aggies.