PDA

View Full Version : Breck vs PP

Gsquared
11-10-2004, 07:15 AM
Any predictions? I havnt seen Breckenridge this year but have seen Pilot Point. Cant make a prediction on a team I have no idea about. Anybody seen both?

Gsquared
11-10-2004, 03:37 PM
Somebodys gotta know somethin :thinking:

Macarthur
11-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Well, I have seen Breck, but not PP. I think Breck was one of the better teams in 3A last year that did not make the playoffs. They have a very good QB. Pretty good receivers. If they are clicking, they can really move the ball. Their defense held IP to 16 points which is about their lowest output all year so they are a quality team. It all comes down to their QB. If he's on and things get clicking for them, they will win a game or two in the playoffs.

Keith7
11-10-2004, 04:07 PM
pp wins this one easy.. meaning 6-3a wins 2 out of 3 playoff games against the great 5-3A..

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-10-2004, 04:31 PM
I think PP beats Breck. They do have a good team, but what I saw was just a drop back and heave it up style. Everyone go long! Too bad Vernon's secondary was non-exsistent. Breck scored three TD's by throwing over the head of a Vernon defender. Worst secondary play I have ever seen. When Breck plays a team with a good secondary...game over. Their running game was ok, but not good enough to stand alone. They have a small, but quick back, but not much o-line. Small line. The LB's on defense did a heck of a job though. They are the key to the defense in my opinion. Also #50 did a good job on the line.

I said earlier that district 5 would sweep district 6 but I don't think so now with Vernon out. Piliot Point beats Breck and IP beats Bowie. The good game will be Graham and Gainesville--could go either way. With the Graham FB and QB out I have to lean towards Grainesville, but it could go eaither way.

Macarthur
11-10-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I think PP beats Breck. They do have a good team, but what I saw was just a drop back and heave it up style. Everyone go long! Too bad Vernon's secondary was non-exsistent. Breck scored three TD's by throwing over the head of a Vernon defender. Worst secondary play I have ever seen. When Breck plays a team with a good secondary...game over. Their running game was ok, but not good enough to stand alone. They have a small, but quick back, but not much o-line. Small line. The LB's on defense did a heck of a job though. They are the key to the defense in my opinion. Also #50 did a good job on the line.

I said earlier that district 5 would sweep district 6 but I don't think so now with Vernon out. Piliot Point beats Breck and IP beats Bowie. The good game will be Graham and Gainesville--could go either way. With the Graham FB and QB out I have to lean towards Grainesville, but it could go eaither way.

Z, when Breck played IP, their passing game certainly more complex that what you described. Maybe they were going long a lot bacause they thought they could. Their QB almost beat IP last year as a sophmore. Of course, I haven't seen PP play so I don't know what they have in the secondary, but Breck's defense is pretty decent.

But, as I said, I haven't seen PP so I don't really have a feel for the game. I just know what Breck looked like when I saw them.

Gsquared
11-10-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Z, when Breck played IP, their passing game certainly more complex that what you described. Maybe they were going long a lot bacause they thought they could. Their QB almost beat IP last year as a sophmore. Of course, I haven't seen PP play so I don't know what they have in the secondary, but Breck's defense is pretty decent.

But, as I said, I haven't seen PP so I don't really have a feel for the game. I just know what Breck looked like when I saw them. Z Motion, what you just described is Dallas Madisons Offense! Rediculous, that offensive coordinator gives those kids no chance to win. I think they pulled the guy off a sand lot somewhere over there.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-11-2004, 10:09 AM
That's what I would say but heck it it works then just huddle up and say, "Go deep!"

Breck did throw some underneath stuff but not too much. They hit Vernon with the Big pass play on three occassions. Now the defense was as said good. Led by the play of the linebackers in my opinion.

Gsquared
11-11-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
That's what I would say but heck it it works then just huddle up and say, "Go deep!"

Breck did throw some underneath stuff but not too much. They hit Vernon with the Big pass play on three occassions. Now the defense was as said good. Led by the play of the linebackers in my opinion.
Sounds like Madison