PDA

View Full Version : wylie vs. everman

3a fb fan
11-20-2002, 11:41 AM
This should be a good game. Is Everman due for a slip up? How good is Wylie and can they pull of the upset? Seems like the conditions are right for this. I love the playoffs. Especially grudge matches like this one. Wylie beat everman in 2000 to go on to final game. revenge will not win the game for Everman. They better come to play.

pero chato
11-20-2002, 11:54 AM
I'm sure Everman will come to play. They have all season. Especially last week. WE are the ones who better come to play. We will need another outstanding defensive effort and a balanced offensive attack to beat them. Another good showing from special teams would be nice. Looks like good whether, maybe a bit windy. You're right, revenge doesn't win ballgames. Whoever wants the most to play next week will win. Good luck to both teams for an injury free game. Go Bulldogs!! Er-Wylie Bulldogs!!

pero chato
11-20-2002, 12:09 PM
pero chato:
I'm sure Everman will come to play. They have all season. Especially last week. WE are the ones who better come to play. We will need another outstanding defensive effort and a balanced offensive attack to beat them. Another good showing from special teams would be nice. Looks like good whether, maybe a bit windy. You're right, revenge doesn't win ballgames. Whoever wants the most to play next week will win. Good luck to both teams for an injury free game. Go Bulldogs!! Er-Wylie Bulldogs!!make that "weather"

ballhog65
11-20-2002, 02:23 PM
wylie is a very good team and will come to the game ready to play and everman wont know what to do.
I know that everman will show up to play. No doubt about that.
This game for wylie will be for respect that the state hasnt given them. They have lost 2 games this year to a very good aledo team and a good sweetwater team.
WYlie is still a 3a powerhouse and will always be.
good Luck to both teams!!!!!!!!!!!!Especially wylie

The Chosen 1
11-20-2002, 04:38 PM
I was actually a member of that 2000 Team that lost to Abilene Wylie (and a member of that 2001 State Championship Team). It was World War III at Birdville that year. Everman fought tooth and nail and came up just short of that state title game due to an outstanding performance by Wylie. This Bulldog team is extremely deep and extremely talented and would destroy the 2000 team we fielded. Abilene Wylie is the one that needs to watch out. It will be a classic this weekend. Oh and by the way, Who did Abilene Wylie lose to last year? Vernon? Thats the team that Perryton beat on the way to a 36-6 shellacking at the hands of guess who? The Whole Damn Show that is the Everman Bulldogs.

See you at Birdville, Wylie!!!!

2001 3A Division I State Champs forever eek! :p

FanMan
11-21-2002, 03:55 PM
Everman better not come in too confident looking past Wylie or they may find themselves eating turkey from home on Thanksgiving instead of playing football. I too think this is a great Everman team. However, I don't believe that this team has been challenged other than Kennedale. I don't expect them to roll-over and play dead but they better be ready to play the compete four quarters.

DogDoc
11-21-2002, 04:04 PM
I think FanMan hit the nail on the head. We (Everman) have not been tested at all in seven weeks. I have no way of knowing if that is a good thing or a bad thing. It is difficult to tell how games will go when you have no way to compare. One thing is for sure it is easy for someone who does not have to go to battle to get on here and talk big (chosen 1) but it is the kids on THIS team that will decide what happens now.

What happened two years ago or last year doesn't mean squat come saturday at 2pm.

Whoever plays the game better that day will play another week, and the team that doesn't will be disappointed.

Both teams are good and have great fans and lots of support. I hope it is a game everyone can enjoy

DogDoc
11-21-2002, 04:57 PM
I think FanMan hit the nail on the head. We (Everman) have not been tested at all in seven weeks. I have no way of knowing if that is a good thing or a bad thing. It is difficult to tell how games will go when you have no way to compare. One thing is for sure it is easy for someone who does not have to go to battle to get on here and talk big (chosen 1) but it is the kids on THIS team that will decide what happens now.

What happened two years ago or last year doesn't mean squat come saturday at 2pm.

Whoever plays the game better that day will play another week, and the team that doesn't will be disappointed.

Both teams are good and have great fans and lots of support. I hope it is a game everyone can enjoy

bulldog65
11-21-2002, 05:49 PM
I agree DogDoc, It should be a heck of a game!!!

Matthew328
11-22-2002, 12:05 AM
You know it is kinda funny...it is almost like a game for respect for both sides..because from I am reading on this and other boards, Everman isn't getting much respect either.."Everman is a bully they run the score up on bad teams, Everman hasn't played anyone since Kennedale when they play someone good they'll lose...Everman is vulnerable," yadda yadda I know most of the people around know what Everman is about so it isn't that big of a deal I just have been seeing a lot more of it this week so I thought I'd bring it up..in some ways I think Everman is better than last year..especially on offense...the defense is still the question..we'll see just how improved the D is..if they are as good as I think they can be then yes Everman is better than last year..if not then ya never know Everman could be an early exit!