PDA

View Full Version : Z MOTION!!??!! what tha....

mustang04
11-09-2004, 02:03 PM
i thought u were gonna go for Sweetwater, you always seem to be talkin it up for us, whats tha deal bro????:( :p

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-09-2004, 02:09 PM
I have seen IP play twice this year and I have just been impressed with them. They are a small bunch (numbers wise) and just really play well. They have been underrated all year and I think they deserve some credit. I still love the stangs though and Sweetwater will give IP a great game. Thompson is so quick and the line has been doing well. So I like both teams, but Ip is a little closer and from the same district as Vernon so I'm on their band wagon. Plus I picked them as my "dark horse" before the season started.

I would like to see a Sweetwater IP matchup! That would be a great game.

mustang04
11-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I have seen IP play twice this year and I have just been impressed with them. They are a small bunch (numbers wise) and just really play well. They have been underrated all year and I think they deserve some credit. I still love the stangs though and Sweetwater will give IP a great game. Thompson is so quick and the line has been doing well. So I like both teams, but Ip is a little closer and from the same district as Vernon so I'm on their band wagon. Plus I picked them as my "dark horse" before the season started.

i can see ur logic.....have u seen those new young pups in the backfield for sweetwater??? they are going to be great! they already are pretty darn good

Macarthur
11-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2

Thanks for the props, Z. I have been thinking IP is underrated all year, also, but I'm trying not to be too much of a homer. They have won some real quality games this year. I think their tough district and even tougher pre-district schedule gives them an advantage over most teams, especially in west Texas.

mustang04
11-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Thanks for the props, Z. I have been thinking IP is underrated all year, also, but I'm trying not to be too much of a homer. They have won some real quality games this year. I think their tough district and even tougher pre-district schedule gives them an advantage over most teams, especially in west Texas.

this is true.....Sweetwater i think is kind of in the sam boat as Iowa Park....i mean..im not TRYING to be a homer, but Sweetwater has been underrated very badly this year, plus we had a pretty tough predistrict and district schedule

GOOD LUCK to yall's boys and hopefully see ya in December!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-09-2004, 02:42 PM
Both teams are very similar. Both have great teams and both have been under the radar somehwhat until now. Bot teams took a loss in a rivalry game that they both would like to play again. Both have good QB's. What stands out in my mind is that IP's offense is very diverse and that is what I think will help them beat teams that they may not otherwise beat. See Graham and Vernon they just run the ball. Graham just can't run it against Wylie. Vernon just can't run against Graham. There will be those teams that just stop what ever it is that you do. Neither team has a passing game to fall back onto. Now Both Sweetwater and their option and IP and thier wing t they both run very well. They both will face a team that can stop that. Vernon stopped Sweetwater last year and Kennedale stopped IP last year. The difference is:

They both can also go to the spread and throw it too. That is what it is going to take to beat some teams that one otherwise shouldn't beat. I think IP is more diverse than Sweetwater and that is why I like them so much. I really would like to see a match up between the two though.

Macarthur
11-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
this is true.....Sweetwater i think is kind of in the sam boat as Iowa Park....i mean..im not TRYING to be a homer, but Sweetwater has been underrated very badly this year, plus we had a pretty tough predistrict and district schedule

GOOD LUCK to yall's boys and hopefully see ya in December!

Mustang, what was Sweetwaters schedule and results?

mustang04
11-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Mustang, what was Sweetwaters schedule and results?

Lubbock Cooper 14-17 L
Lake View 14-7 W
Greenwood 52-25 W
Andrews 28-21 W
Pecos 42-0 W (shutout)
Levelland 48-6 W
Wylie 7-13 L
Snyder 35-25 W
Clyde 40-20 W
Merkel 52-7 W

Macarthur
11-09-2004, 08:46 PM