PDA

View Full Version : BELLVILLE BRAHMAS 13-1 vs BANDERA BULLDOGS 11-3 Sat. 2:00 in Round Rock

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-08-2002, 02:10 AM
Boy what a game between Bellville and Marlin! For those that where there, you saw one of the best 3a games I think in history.
Now lets start a new week, Bellville vs Bandera, What do you think? Tell us about your team.
For those who doubted Bellville, you now know Bellville is for real, For those who already posted a topic, Marlin vs Bandera cut your computer off!!! Go Bellville Beat Bandera!!!!

MR.T TARPON21
12-08-2002, 02:41 AM
congradulations! well done.
youll have fun with bandera puppys
they are a decesent team but notthat great,
youll should be done by half time.but good luck
wish it was us playing :D
they dont even have fans that show up!
punch them doggies! :D

faithfuldog
12-08-2002, 03:20 AM
Hats off to the Bellville Bulls...y'all played with a lot of heart. I did not think we would lose but you guys showed us. Go on and represent the Region well. Y'all are much better than many thought....Congrats to a really good team!

sinton66
12-08-2002, 03:43 AM
Now THAT is a gracious and classy post! Lots of folks on here could learn from this one. Congratulations Brahmas!!!! You have proven this old Pirate right. (It was BOUND to happen sooner or later). Best of luck next weekend.

BHSfan03
12-08-2002, 03:58 AM
congradulations! well done.
youll have fun with bandera puppys
they are a decesent team but notthat great,
youll should be done by half time.but good luck
wish it was us playing
they dont even have fans that show up!
punch them doggies! Get over it already Mr.T Tarpon21...P.I. got beat by Bandera a week ago. Quit being such a sore loser... :rolleyes:

Good Luck Bandera!

SintonFan_inAustin
12-08-2002, 04:22 AM
Great job bellville one step closer to the big game ya'll just missed last year. it's within reach now. good luck next week.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-08-2002, 06:42 PM
Just looking for a little info. about Bandera? We do know a little about there district from last year we beat Bandera 17-7, and Burnet 20-14 in D1, both had good teams last year, but would like to know about this year? What are the scores and the teams Bandera played this year, how does the QB, from Bandera match up to Marlins QB? What about skill players and the defense?
Im sure Brahma73 will tell us a little about the Brahmas!!! for the Bandera people.
Go BELLVILLE BEAT BANDERA!!! :mad:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-08-2002, 11:43 PM
For all you Bellville Players, do not take Bandera lighty, you must practice and play better each week! You guys need to give 110% for two more games. Good Luck!! Go BELLVILLE WIN STATE!!! :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-08-2002, 11:45 PM
For all you Bellville Players, do not take Bandera lighty, you must practice and play better each week! You guys need to give 110% for two more games. Good Luck!! Go BELLVILLE WIN STATE!!! :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-08-2002, 11:47 PM

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-08-2002, 11:54 PM
Hey guys I didnt mean to post it 3 times, my computer must be going crazy? :o

Brahma73
12-09-2002, 12:01 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Hey guys I didnt mean to post it 3 times, my computer must be going crazy? :o Shake it off, Former. It's worth repeating!
Shake it off, Former. It's worth repeating!
Shake it off, Former. It's worth repeating! :p

Just kidding! Was last night fun, or what? :D

GO BULLS!!!!!!!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-09-2002, 12:14 AM
Hey 73, Hey 73, Hey 73, what do you think on this weeks opponent? Bandera and or the Possom? :D

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-09-2002, 11:13 AM
Info. on the Bellville vs Bandera game!
Bellville will be the Home team for this game!
We will be on the same side as last year, when we played Burnet and Bandera.
GO BELLVILLE WIN STATE!

KL3
12-09-2002, 03:18 PM
Do any Bellville fans remember if Round Rock is where we played Gatesville in 1999? Just trying to get a picture of the stadium.

SWTdawg
12-09-2002, 03:23 PM
You know what I would like to see...
Burnet vs Bellville

jykoy
12-09-2002, 03:36 PM
KL3, I'm sure it is the same stadium that the 1999 team played in with Jack Wallace and Tony Ward and some other name-worthy people. Bellville lost to Gatesville that year. Taurean Henderson was the running back for the Hornets (now RB for Texas Tech).
Hopefully the Bulls will have better luck at that stadium than the '99 team.
KL3, were you at that game?

punt
12-09-2002, 03:37 PM
When I saw the Bellville qb back in district play I wondered just how good he could be, I think he is showing us now. He is good and steps up more each game. Sure would like to see our district win state. Go Bellville!!!

jykoy
12-09-2002, 03:50 PM
Oh and speaking of past games....
Bellville/Bandera 2000... That game got very ugly. (For those who witnessed, I'm sure you feel the same.) I hope, for the sake of the 2000 Bellville Brahma team, that Bellville beats Bandera 43-0.
GO BULLS!!! :cool:

KL3
12-09-2002, 04:05 PM
Jykoy, of course I was at the game, me and the Roadtrip Crew didn't miss one. Although we probably missed a little of the first quarter and were shouting things that we shouldn't have, I remember that game as if it were yesterday.

I wonder whatever happened to Gatesville's QB, that guy still has the best 3A arm I've ever seen. I remember our RB #6 that year, although he was just a jr. I thought he had pro potential. He was the most physically dominating specimen on the field.

With that 2000 game, earlier in the day I watched my horns woop your aggies. I remember you being pissed and wished Simms had gone to A&M.

bbfan
12-09-2002, 04:12 PM
Just wondering - isn't this the same stadium Bellville played its first two playoff games at last year? Also one post mentioned Bellville as the home team however the Houston Chronicle has Bellville as the visiting team.

jykoy
12-09-2002, 04:33 PM
KL3, I agree with you on Gatesville's quarterback's arm. It was amazing. I have some doubts about that #6 though. That's another story...
And you are also correct in confirming that victory that the Horns put on my ags. Whoop. It's becoming another one of our mindless traditions. :)

Bandera YaYa
12-09-2002, 04:53 PM
Mr. T. Tarpon21....I have only one thing to say to you....GET OVER IT!!!!! The P. I. fans were great at the game and you, sir, are just an embarrassment, you are just talking to hear yourself talk...and no one wants to listen to a cry baby!!!!! Bandera won because we played hard and we played smart....you only had 9 players on the field and blame that on Bandera's luck????? Get real, blame it on your team not being able to count...and what else were you crying about?....that blocked punt??? Luck??? No, just a huge effort on our part....blocking punts aren't an everyday occurance...luck had nothing to do with it, just determination and hard work...you have to really want it....and Bandera really wants it.....so enough of your dribbling and scribbling....go back to watching
Rosie....better yet...see you at the game!!!!If you dare!!!! Wah Wah Wah ......GO BULLDOGS!!!
ALL THE WAY TO STATE!!!!! ALL YOU FANS WILL BE THERE TO CHEER YOU ON...YOU MAKE US SO PROUD!!!

Raider4ever
12-09-2002, 05:03 PM
I'm going for bandera on this one. But im pertty sure BeLLville will win. But it would be nice to see Bandera shut some of these people up.

jykoy
12-09-2002, 06:53 PM
Score predictions...

BULLDOGFAN
12-09-2002, 07:00 PM
Consider it done Raider4ever. Bandera by 21... I haven't missed yet.

big daddy russ
12-09-2002, 07:35 PM
<small>[ December 09, 2002, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: big daddy russ ]</small>

big daddy russ
12-09-2002, 07:37 PM
Bellville 28
Bandera 24

On a side note, I'm going to have to say Go Bulldogs!!! I know you'll represent Region IV well. Now prove my prediction wrong.

P.S. Maybe Charlie and Bruce Robison could show up and sing the national anthem!?!? Now wouldn't that be something? :D :D :D
I can wish, can't I?

Brahma73
12-09-2002, 08:26 PM
BULLDOGFAN:
Consider it done Raider4ever. Bandera by 21... I haven't missed yet....but there'll always be that first time! :rolleyes:

By the way,if your a bettin' man, I'll take Bellville & 21! wink I'm not sayin' we're the best team in 3A right now, but I will say we're sure finding a way to win all our games. That'll probably get it done... :D

GO BULLS!!! :cool:

MR.T TARPON21
12-09-2002, 09:04 PM
ALL YOU FANS WILL BE THERE TO CHEER YOU ON...YOU MAKE US SO PROUD!!!

PLEASE ARE YOU GONNA GO OUT AND BUY SOME!
ANY WAY YOU TALK TO MUCH.
LOOK FOR ME NEXT YEAR OH AND JUST IN CASE YOU ALL DONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS NEXT YEAR SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS SO I CAN SEND YOU ALL SOME TICKETS,
$10.00 SHOULD JUST ABOUT COVER ALL OF YOU FANS!
AT LEAST THE ONE THAT SHOWED UP AGAINST US.
LATER AND GOOD LUCK!

Brahma73
12-09-2002, 09:06 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Hey 73, Hey 73, Hey 73, what do you think on this weeks opponent? Bandera and or the Possom? :D OK former, here's the scoop on the possum that scored the TD @ halftime in Bryan. Two weeks ago he had to overcome an unsportsmanlike conduct against the Hamsters when he ate his opponent. The game was a bloodbath, but he chewed up yardage all night long, coming out ahead by a tail.
Last week he beat the Skunks. They were a solid team, but they had an off night and really stunk up the place.
Next week against the Coonhounds, his perennial foe, the experts are expecting him to lie down and play dead, ending his playoff run. I'm not sure I agree. He showed me some pretty good moves against that guy with the garbage can the other night. Thought he had a nice cutback against the chain-link fence and it looks like he definitely has a nose for the goal line. I think he's got a defense with some real teeth in it. I wouldn't be surprised to see him hang around and gnaw up some teams. He can be a fairly ugly opponent. :rolleyes: eek! :p

BULLDOGFAN
12-09-2002, 09:07 PM
Your on Brahma. Bet is a Box of Hot Wings at Hooters after the game. And Russ ya let me down, geez didn't beating the Mullets bring you to our side. Come on help us out on the game.

Good luck Brahma, all is fun. We both are ready.

Bandera YaYa
12-09-2002, 10:06 PM
Mr. T.Tarpon21,you just go ahead and send me that $10.00 now....it'll buy me a big Coke and a bag of popcorn to eat while I watch my Bulldogs in the State semi-final game...munch, munch

Bandera YaYa
12-09-2002, 10:13 PM
Oh yeah, if you think I talk too much, you should see me cheer!!!!!!!GO DOGS..ALL THE WAY TO STATE!!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-09-2002, 11:12 PM
Hey 73 what a great story line and prediction, I think you need to be in the book writing busines, but I think you have already yet, wrote a book? Back to the PP,(Possum Prediction) you did such a great job, I think you should take John Madden's place on Monday nights! or maybe you could run around on the field with Mellisa Stark, :rolleyes: and her red cap she has on tonight!
Have you checked your PM, since last night?
GO BELLVILLE BEAT BANDERA!!!

Brahma73
12-09-2002, 11:14 PM
BULLDOGFAN:
Your on Brahma. Bet is a Box of Hot Wings at Hooters after the game. And Russ ya let me down, geez didn't beating the Mullets bring you to our side. Come on help us out on the game.

Good luck Brahma, all is fun. We both are ready.Oooooo! My favorite!! :D

Good luck & safety to both. It oughta be a barn-burner. Can't wait to see the QB match-up. I know both our teams will leave it all on the field.

p.s. - I think one of our guys actually paid Russ!(LOL) :rolleyes:

GO BIG RED :cool:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-09-2002, 11:23 PM
Hey 73 its me again, that Ya,Ya gave you Bellville and 21 points?(what a ya,ya) for some Hooters? Hey Ya,YA I will take the same bet, Bellville and 21, for a night at the Mens Club!!

bd0707
12-09-2002, 11:24 PM
The running back for Bandera reminds me much of the running back Wimberly last year. That wimberly back carried that team 4 rounds into the div.2 playoffs where they lost to La grange. I think Banderas RB, along with their strong QB will carry them to a div.2 final. GO Bandera, Burnet is behind you 100%.

Brahma73
12-09-2002, 11:38 PM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Hey 73 its me again, that Ya,Ya gave you Bellville and 21 points?(what a ya,ya) for some Hooters? Hey Ya,YA I will take the same bet, Bellville and 21, for a night at the Mens Club!!Do you think the possum can win state? :)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-09-2002, 11:44 PM
73 maybe we should beat on the Possum, what is the line on him? :cool:

Brahma73
12-10-2002, 12:01 AM
FormerBellvilleBrahma:
Hey 73 its me again, that Ya,Ya gave you Bellville and 21 points?(what a ya,ya) for some Hooters? Hey Ya,YA I will take the same bet, Bellville and 21, for a night at the Mens Club!!Hey, now calm down & be nice to this lady. We've friends now. I'VE certainly never been to a place like that!!!(LOL) :o (and I'm sure you haven't either!! :rolleyes: Pay attention: the bet was with BULLDOGFAN. (I have a feeling that neither of us will mind paying that debt!! :D )

GO BULLS!!!

Big Tarp 74
12-10-2002, 12:38 AM
Big Daddy Russ: I have to go with Bandera, but I will say this. Bandera, will have to play its best game, in order to win. What conserns me, is Bandera defense. They allow to much running. To the Bandera fans, your team played a great game, and PI, loss. What hurts, is Bandera did not beat us. We beat ourselves. We also let down, a very good ball club in Aransas Pass. I heard people talking about Warton, having beat them. Keep in mine, that Tommy Blake, did not play, but just a few snaps. Tommy is a great ball player with a great future, had he played, the score would have been different. I will say this, Port Isabel played a hell of a game, against Aransas Pass. I feel as most did, that they were one of the best teams in all of region IV, Divison II. As for PI they will be back, they have reached the playoff, over 25 times. I beleive that all that has to speak for them. Not to many teams can say they have been there that many times. To the Aransas Pass fans, we tried, but this team is young. We made a mental error, and paid for it. I know that our players will make it up next year, but for this year Bandera will have to carry it to the state. To the Aransas Pass fans, I beleive that Aransas Pass is a much better team than Bandera, but go figure. No one plans a season like this, that why on any given friday, anyone can win. We wish all the seniors in Region IV, the best of luck. Hope to see ya on TV playing for the university you selected. Good Luck!

big daddy russ:
Bellville 28
Bandera 24

On a side note, I'm going to have to say Go Bulldogs!!! I know you'll represent Region IV well. Now prove my prediction wrong.

P.S. Maybe Charlie and Bruce Robison could show up and sing the national anthem!?!? Now wouldn't that be something? :D :D :D
I can wish, can't I?

Specklebelly
12-10-2002, 12:52 AM
Big Tarp 74 hit the nail on the head. Ive seen both teams play and they will both score a lot of points but Bellville has the better defense. They were the most impressive team I saw this year and I think they will be too much for Bandera.

Bellville - 45
Bandera - 35

big daddy russ
12-10-2002, 01:18 AM
BULLDOGFAN:

Good luck Brahma, all is fun. We both are ready.HAHA... sorry 'bout that BULLDOGFAN, but if I do eat the crow I'll be cheering all the way to the dinner table. I'm still a Region IV boy.
And Big Tarp 74, I appreciate the class and respect you've shown all year. Aransas Pass had a great, great team and you guys beat them. That says a whole lot about the program down there in Port Isabel. Your boys played hurt and tired against a much, much larger squad and pulled it off. Next year your team is gonna be hell on wheels.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-10-2002, 10:53 AM
big daddy russ:

BULLDOGFAN:
Your on Brahma. Bet is a Box of Hot Wings at Hooters after the game. And Russ ya let me down, geez didn't beating the TARPONS (Rick, don't diss your alma mater like that by calling us Mullets!!!) bring you to our side. Come on help us out on the game.

Good luck Brahma, all is fun. We both are ready.Next year your team is gonna be hell on wheels.Hell on wheels is right! I think the numbers are 9 offensive starters, and 8 defensive starters returning. 7-10 (not sure of exact # of seniors that were on the team but it's in that range) lettermen lost from a 9-3 Div. 2 Regional Semi-Finalist.

BIG19
12-10-2002, 01:49 PM
SWTdawg:
You know what I would like to see...
Burnet vs BellvilleI would like to see it also. The outcome would completely different from last year!!

GO BANDERA DAWGS continue to represent the district well!!!!!!!

<small>[ December 10, 2002, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: BIG19 ]</small>

Raider4ever
12-10-2002, 04:35 PM
Deleted

<small>[ December 10, 2002, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: Raider4ever ]</small>

Raider4ever
12-10-2002, 04:37 PM
I change my predictions. I think bandera will be ready on the other hand I sort of think Bellville is a little to over confident. I also think Bandera will throw all over Bellville and if they get near the quaterback of Bandera he is gona run. I doubt they can stop that. I know Bellville has a good d-fence. But I think all that passing will get them tired and running around. Well thats just my thoughts. Good luck to both teams! I think bandera will win by 6 points.

Bandera YaYa
12-10-2002, 05:29 PM
Thanks Brahma73 for watching out for me....Hey BULLDOGFAN ....I'm getting in trouble because of you!!! These big guys are ready to eat my lunch!!!Anyways, can't hardly wait until Sat....GO BULLDOGS!!!!!Grrrrrr Grrrrrrr

eaglefan24
12-10-2002, 06:18 PM
I really don't know anything at all about Bandera, but I have seen Bellville. Bellville is a very very very solid team that doesn't make mistakes. I'm sure Bandera is a great team too, but in picking this game I have to go with the stronger region and that is region III. There is good football in region IV, but on a consistent basis you have to go a little more north, and that is the only reason I will take Bellville on this one. Bellville 31, Bandera 17.

SWTdawg
12-11-2002, 12:41 AM
eaglefan24:
I really don't know anything at all about Bandera, but I have seen Bellville. Bellville is a very very very solid team that doesn't make mistakes. I'm sure Bandera is a great team too, but in picking this game I have to go with the stronger region and that is region III. There is good football in region IV, but on a consistent basis you have to go a little more north, and that is the only reason I will take Bellville on this one. Bellville 31, Bandera 17.Region 3 is stronger than Region 4??? Does this even matter in a game of two teams. It is not R3 vs R4, it is Bellville vs Bandera. Get it straight. That is a different debate for a different time.

big daddy russ
12-11-2002, 03:56 AM
eaglefan24:
I really don't know anything at all about Bandera, but I have seen Bellville. Bellville is a very very very solid team that doesn't make mistakes. I'm sure Bandera is a great team too, but in picking this game I have to go with the stronger region and that is region III. There is good football in region IV, but on a consistent basis you have to go a little more north, and that is the only reason I will take Bellville on this one. Bellville 31, Bandera 17.eaglefan, you're probably right about R3 having more talent top to bottom than R4, but one thing you might want to take a look at is Bandera's district. I know 23-3A was extremely tough, too, but Bandera came out of one of the toughest districts in Region IV. Llano was a better team than their 3-7 record indicated and Wimberley was no pushover, either. Couple that with Burnet (possible state champs) and a very underrated Liberty Hill squad also making the playoffs and that makes for a war week to week. Bandera's definitely a battle-tested program.

SintonFan
12-11-2002, 04:00 AM
eaglefan24:
I really don't know anything at all about Bandera, but I have seen Bellville. Bellville is a very very very solid team that doesn't make mistakes. I'm sure Bandera is a great team too, but in picking this game I have to go with the stronger region and that is region III. There is good football in region IV, but on a consistent basis you have to go a little more north, and that is the only reason I will take Bellville on this one. Bellville 31, Bandera 17.Huhhh? Last year Bellville was region four! How many more teams north of them in 3A made it this far from region 3 this year? :D

BULLDOGFAN
12-11-2002, 09:30 AM
I wil say this about Region 25-3a, after playing in various districts over the last few years, none of them compared to 25-3a. Every game felt like a playoff game. You never felt safe against anyboy. And then you play Burnet and that really screws with your head. But Bandera is better off with that pressure in the long run.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
12-11-2002, 01:21 PM
Hey still looking for Banderas scores and opponents(all)? Are the Bulldogs heathy or do they still have some guys hurt?
I heard Bellvilles Stud #11 will be back,He tore his acl in the 1st game of the season aginst Rockdale. If he is ready fine, but dont mess up your College ball, the Jrs that have stepped in for you are doing a fantastic job! Good luck to #11, and Go Bellville!!! :mad:

Bandera YaYa
12-11-2002, 01:29 PM
No kiddng, it feels like we have played at least 8 playoff games this year....Llano, Liberty Hill, Wimberley and Burnet were tough! Nothing
compared to the teams we played in District last year...and I agree, I think having to play in a much tougher District has prepared us for the teams we are having to play to get to State. Each game has been so close...too close for my comfort!!Only three days to go......Grrrr Grrrr

Bongo
12-11-2002, 01:31 PM
FBB, is that for certain on Dornon? Now THAT would be an intersting development.

Bandera YaYa
12-11-2002, 05:41 PM
FBB, Don't know of any injured Bulldogs....ask BULLDOGFAN, he'd know for sure.

"It isn't the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog!" :D :D :D

pirate4state
12-11-2002, 05:55 PM
KL3:
Do any Bellville fans remember if Round Rock is where we played Gatesville in 1999? Just trying to get a picture of the stadium.Didn't you guys play Bandera in Round Rock last year before the Region IV final? Good Luck! Go Bellville.