PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2

JettJenkins04
11-08-2004, 11:56 PM
Going to pick mine up tonight at midnight at gamestop. Are the stores in Texas opening at midnight also, If not that sucks well anyway enjoy the game.:D

Keith7
11-09-2004, 12:01 AM
I loved halo.. but only for the multi-player.. i wouldnt see any reason to pick it up at mid-night unless you plan on playing your friends afterwords

RTX 14
11-09-2004, 12:57 AM
sh** i cant wait, suppost to have a friend buy it tommorow, prolly wont play it till this weekend though with playoffs and all

3afan2K3
11-09-2004, 05:01 PM
GTA: SA is better

CHS_DT#75
11-09-2004, 05:15 PM
its looks freakin awesome from the previews

Flourhead
11-09-2004, 06:33 PM
some halo fanatics at school said they dont like halo 2

JHS_c/o_06'
11-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Ive havent played it for very long, but from what i can tell, besides new wepons and vehicals, there is no difference. But ive only played one level on multiplayer.

handNthedirt
11-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Let me ask you gamers this...I'm about to enter into the market for a gaming system, would ya'll recommend the PS2 or X box? Pros...Cons...?

3afan2K3
11-09-2004, 07:37 PM
Get a ps2

Keith7
11-09-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by 3afan2K3
Get a ps2

homer post!

he only says that cuz he owns one

I own a playstation2 because it has more games.. but my friends have X-Box and there are somethings i like about it, Such as a hard drive (so you dont have to buy 20 dollar memory cards), you can download music on to it off of C.D.'s, and some people claim the Graphics are better..

Playstation has more games, better controller setup (my opinion), you can play dvds with out buying an accesory to do so, and you dont have to pay for online play..

you see they both have thier perks..

sahen
11-09-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Let me ask you gamers this...I'm about to enter into the market for a gaming system, would ya'll recommend the PS2 or X box? Pros...Cons...?

get a ps2...with a ps2 u can play dvds without buying an extra piece...also to me atleast, the playstation controller is ezier to handle than the xbox (but that is my preference)...honestly the games are very similar graphics wise...i just like ps2 cause that is what im used too...the only advantage of xbox taht i can see is halo (if u like that game) every other game ps2 has...

theyoefnshow
11-09-2004, 07:48 PM
I have a Gamecube and X Box and sold my PS2. The ONLY reason to get a PS2 is if you like the Smackdown! series or want GTA RIGHT NOW. the Cube has exclusive games like your Zelda's and Mario Karts but pound for pound the X Box is the best overall. You can play DVDs with no extra pieces needed, a good game selection, the best graphics bar none of all 3 machines (Sorry, PS2 is last in that dept) and like they said, on some games you can download your own music from CDs. For instance, if you are playing Madden you can put your own theme music, touchdown music, game winning music.....everything. Go w/ an X Box. You won't regret it.

Keith7
11-09-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
I have a Gamecube and X Box and sold my PS2. The ONLY reason to get a PS2 is if you like the Smackdown! series or want GTA RIGHT NOW. the Cube has exclusive games like your Zelda's and Mario Karts but pound for pound the X Box is the best overall. You can play DVDs with no extra pieces needed, a good game selection, the best graphics bar none of all 3 machines (Sorry, PS2 is last in that dept) and like they said, on some games you can download your own music from CDs. For instance, if you are playing Madden you can put your own theme music, touchdown music, game winning music.....everything. Go w/ an X Box. You won't regret it.

you have to buy an accesory to watch dvds and if you like madden good luck at the madden challenges because all of them are played on PS2!!!

theyoefnshow
11-09-2004, 08:00 PM
uh that's funny because I've played DVDs before. You must be talking about the remote control but you can use the controller

sahen
11-09-2004, 08:02 PM
uh that's funny because I've played DVDs before. You must be talking about the remote control but you can use the controller

u have to buy a piece to make ur xbox play dvds...maybe u got one that mr. gates forgot to hit the off switch in or something...consider urself lucky

theyoefnshow
11-09-2004, 08:06 PM
really? Weird....eBay here I come! :D

Keith7
11-09-2004, 08:06 PM

I found this on a X-Box website:

Why do I have to buy a remote to play DVDs?

(Thanks to Cam Soper) In order for Microsoft to sell the Xbox with DVD support out of the box, they would have to pay a licensing fee for each and every Xbox sold to the consortium that owns the DVD patent. Rather than make everyone pay for a feature that they might not use, Microsoft chose to reduce costs by disabling the DVD playback feature unless the Xbox detects a remote control. When you purchase a DVD remote kit, you are in effect purchasing the license to play DVDs. While some more cynical and less educated people see this as gouging by Microsoft, those of us who don't use our Xbox to play DVDs are grateful for the cost savings.

handNthedirt
11-09-2004, 08:15 PM
The info I've gathered from ya'll replies is that the only advantage to PS2 is that one can play DVD's w/o an adapter, and the controls are more to your personal liking because you're used to them. I've played both, but am used to neither. Halo2 is the main reason I want a gaming system, did I understand one of you when you said it's only on XBox? If so, done freakin' deal!

theyoefnshow
11-09-2004, 08:17 PM
Halo is a microsoft baby and you will likely never see it on any other console. Once you get used to the controller, you'll learn to love it as it fits perfectly. Unless you are a midget and have small hands.

handNthedirt
11-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Thank Goodness, I just so happen to be a midget with abnormally large hands. XBox it is!

theyoefnshow
11-09-2004, 08:26 PM
for the record, I picked up Halo 2 earlier and have put it down after a half hour of play. I dunno..maybe if I online it it'll be more fun but the 1 player mode is just an extension of the original BUT to be firing duel weapons at once is pretty dope. I don't think it quite lived up to the Hype but hey....it's Halo. You won't be disapointed :)

Keith7
11-09-2004, 08:28 PM
for the record, I picked up Halo 2 earlier and have put it down after a half hour of play. I dunno..maybe if I online it it'll be more fun but the 1 player mode is just an extension of the original BUT to be firing duel weapons at once is pretty dope. I don't think it quite lived up to the Hype but hey....it's Halo. You won't be disapointed :)

one player mode sucks.. Halo is at its best when you get for buddys and take them head to head

theyoefnshow
11-09-2004, 08:34 PM
I wouldn't say it sucks it's just you against the world and that can get pretty tough. Games like this, SW: Battlefront and the Goldeneye series are GREAT party games.

Keith7
11-09-2004, 08:36 PM
I wouldn't say it sucks it's just you against the world and that can get pretty tough. Games like this, SW: Battlefront and the Goldeneye series are GREAT party games.

so is any game by EA sports... if you have patient people..

I played single player mode w/ a friend in co-operative play and it was super easy.. maybe it would be harder with 1 player.. but we found ways to cheat using 2 players which prolly didnt help to making it anymore exciting

theyoefnshow
11-09-2004, 08:37 PM
like ol school Contra lol

huarache18
11-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Me and My friends went over to our friends house to play multiplayer today during school on our lunch break and the multiplayer mode just seemed like HALO 1? It may be just me....but there wasn't a whole lot of difference.

handNthedirt
11-09-2004, 08:44 PM
What was it on Contra....ABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABAB?

theyoefnshow
11-09-2004, 08:53 PM
UUDDLRLRBA start

JettJenkins04
11-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Everybody keeps saying that it is just like the first Halo. I mean what did you expect. That's just like talking about the EA Sports games. They just add a couple more advances to the game and oh yeah. You get to get the rookies added onto the game. But yet, everybody still rushes to the stores to pick that up.

tmac
11-11-2004, 09:39 AM
If i was YOu i'd get an X-BOX there much better and they can play DVDS no extra thang needed and music you can play it whenever its really nice and for the record I Love the X-Box controls just not the Fatty ones the small ones so the buttons are closer together.

tmac
11-11-2004, 09:44 AM
my favorite thing to do on halo is link up 4 x-BOX's and 4 T.V.'s and play aginst 16 people in BloodGultch its so much fun i mean if you die once get ready to die some more because everybody knows where the respawn place is and U die immediately. I wanna see PS2 do that

3afan2K3
11-11-2004, 05:30 PM
You can for Socom II.