PDA

View Full Version : Where is Monahans?

panther power
11-08-2004, 07:08 PM
well all the hype for nothing, preseason everyhting kenyon is gonna be lucky to be 1st team all district.. Choke city is now the official name for that town, in preseason all you would see in the papers was story's on monahans and what they were gonna do this year, well we all see where there at now. They had a good team but the defense was way to weak and the offense was 1 dementional. Sorry Hanna and boys, well look at it this way, you get a head start on the basketball season! Man I can not get over all the hype on this team for nothing, and congrats to seminole and greenwood, well deserved!

westTXbest
11-08-2004, 07:11 PM
Well said Panther Power, when i say something about Monahans everyone jumps on me, u said exactly what i was thinking.

panther power
11-08-2004, 07:17 PM
i have nothing against the people there, it is a rivalry but i just hate the fact that everywhere u looked, the cover of Top O' Texas magazine, the papers and the television coverage, all for what? they are a sub 500. team that is at home, just shows you what can happen...

lobo12
11-08-2004, 07:24 PM
i think that they got all the hype this year because we were defending district champs and had alot of returners. Normally the returning champs always get more of the publicity but congratulations to greenwood, stockton, and seminole. i didnt get to say this but greenwood played a great game. i still think hill is a better back than brooks although he ran hard and is still a great back. i give it to greenwood for not quitting when they were down, and take it to snyder. and just for the record panther power, you say monahans's o was one dimensional what exactly is stocktons

panther power
11-08-2004, 07:31 PM
aahh! but there is a HUGE difference lobo12! the difference is that Kenyon is sitting at home probably cheering for the lobo volleyball team and our attack( Jefferson) couldnt be stopped! Just ask this years lobo team. Go Panthers! and again, congrats to seminole and greenwood, well deserved!

lobo12
11-08-2004, 08:39 PM
just to let you know yall didnt stop us any less than we stopped yall, the only difference was an extra point, but you know what it made a difference, and for the record our kicker did a great job this year he was the best kicker monahans has had since 98

panther power
11-08-2004, 08:54 PM
98 ? joel najar? he was alright...for a 3 A, they got beat up that year to by stockton, 24-7 on lobo homecoming night... no jefferson had 5 td's and over 300 yards total offense. kenyon threw for 2 and ran for 2 and they were short runs. he was no where close to having 300 yards of offense.

lobo12
11-08-2004, 09:06 PM
7 tds is 7 tds, and did ft stockton win that year, i have to disagree with you. monahans started out 1-4 and ended up 7-7. 3 of their wins came in the playoffs, 3 wins came in district, and the other win was against ft stockton in the last pre district game. they lost their first four games to andrews, seminole, big springs and snyder if i am not mistaken. correct me if im wrong but i believe they beat stockton that year and he was a good field goal kicker

panther power
11-08-2004, 09:11 PM
correct, i meant 97 when we embaressed you all in fron of the home crowd, could not stop the rushing attack. only td for you all came from off a run from mark thompson in the 3rd quarter. stokton outgained the loboes 389 yards to 145. btephens the qb was knocked out of the game with a dislocated shoulder and porras left with a cuncussion. stockton 24- 7

lobo12
11-08-2004, 09:18 PM
easy buddy chill out i was just asking, and by the way how far did yall get in the playoffs that year

panther power
11-08-2004, 09:28 PM
funny, we were 7-3 with three losses in district. one loss cam tot #2 ranked sweetwater 35-24 and another to #9 ranked Andrews 21-7 both on the road. the other was to lake view who was the defending 3 time champ also on the road 24-21. No playoffs. Best team in the state not to make it that year. Big Spring got in ahead of us and we beat them 35-20 that year, life sh*ts you sometimes...

lobo12
11-08-2004, 09:29 PM
lol

panther power
11-08-2004, 09:31 PM
did monahans make it to the playoffs this year? just curious?

panther power
11-08-2004, 09:32 PM
lol

lobo12
11-08-2004, 09:33 PM
yeah we lost in the second round to seminole the year they had toby shain i think they could have one state that year but they lost to eventual state champ aledo by 1 pt, i think they beat us by a td or two but i could be wrong

panther power
11-08-2004, 09:35 PM
this year? lol

lobo12
11-08-2004, 09:37 PM
wow good one funny, i kinda think u might know the answer to that one

panther power
11-08-2004, 09:39 PM
u going to the game in san angelo saturday? i think jefferson is gonna play i talked to him today and he felt good. he is going to the doctor on thursday in odessa to get the final say but he told me he was 80 percent ready...

lobo12
11-08-2004, 10:41 PM
yeah i will prolly go

westTXbest
11-08-2004, 11:47 PM
What r your opinion lobo12 on this game?

mustang04
11-09-2004, 12:18 AM
its soooo funny i think...every year that monahans aint expected to do anything, they somehow squueeeeeze into the playoffs...and then the year that all this hype is built up about them.....they choke, hahaha how ironic

westTXbest
11-09-2004, 09:39 AM
Yeah its pretty funny, dont know why they were picked to win district, they have beat us once in the past 6 years didnt know why they thought they could beat us again.

IHStangFan
11-09-2004, 09:49 AM
well....not taking anything away from the Aransas Pass Panthers...but...they came into our stadium a handful of weeks ago... 6-0 and ranked in the top 25 in the state i believe......we were BIG underdogs.....AP left that evening w/ their first loss on the season (33-7). the ended up losing their next 2 games following the Ingleside loss and didnt make the playoffs this year....so you are right.....it just goes to show..you never know till it happens! The Panthers had talent this year...they just coudnt get it put together in the later part of the reason for some reason...although..they DID win their last game of the season over Mathis fairly convincingly.

chugbug
11-09-2004, 11:42 AM
Is there any truth to the rumor that Rusty Roark will takeover as head coach next year? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :flamingma :flamingma

lobo12
11-09-2004, 12:13 PM
first of all last year we didnt squeeze into a playoff spot,we won district and was the first place team, the year before that we came in second to one of the best teams in the state(Greenwood). and wst tx best your right the last time we beat yall was in 98 but you know what go back before that and see how many times yall beat us. we were picked to win district for the same reason greenwood was last year, they had a bunch of returners and were defending district champs. i dont think stockton can win with or without jefferson, but stockton could surprise me. and i dont dont know what yall want me to say ive already said congratulations to the 3 representatives from district 3-3a and good luck to themk, they all deserve to be there.

DirtRoad
11-09-2004, 12:52 PM
YOU HAVE SAID ENOUGH(THANKS) AND SPOKE THE TRUTH.

TELL ALL TO EAT A BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR ME IF YOU WANT TO

westTXbest
11-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Lobo12 u r a good sport on here sorry to rag on u like that, u have done nothing but show respect to Greenwood, i guees it wouldnt hurt for me to show respect.

Wtx_coach
11-09-2004, 06:59 PM
I really dont think coach roark would get the job in MOnahans, actually he might not even want the job after seeing what goes on in that town!

Panther Power if Jefferson is going to a doctor in Odessa on thursday I can bet you a million dollars he wont play, if you look at catilage under a microscope its always a little torn and I bet the doctor will tell him to rest up and will not release him to play eventhough he would be capable of playing!

lobo12
11-09-2004, 08:53 PM
no problem, i am pulling for yall 100%, i want all of the representatives from our district to win but greenwood especially

Wtx_coach
11-09-2004, 08:57 PM
are you saying you want everyone to win but Greenwood or do you really especially want them to win, well I wish every one the best of luck , all 3 games will be hard to pull off a victory but it is possible, thats why you line up and play the game!

Lobo 12 I bet the Monahans fans are blaming the season on Coach Hanna huh? Give them fans some good advice, he cant go out and tackle fo rthose poor boys and he cant make the throws for the kids!!

panther power
11-09-2004, 09:01 PM
THIS JUST IN! JEFFERSON IS OUT! HE HAD KNEE SURGERY TODAY! NO WAY HE IS GONNA PLAY! you heard it here first people...... but we got some tricks up our sleeve......

DirtRoad
11-09-2004, 09:11 PM
y'all better have a cloning machine then, that be the only trick that would help.

lobo12
11-09-2004, 09:11 PM
i especially want greenwood to win, and your right about the last part.

Ranger Mom
11-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
i especially want greenwood to win, and your right about the last part.

Thanks Lobo12, you have always been a good sport - to me anyway!!:p

Are you going to try and catch a game this weekend? If so, which one?

lobo12
11-09-2004, 09:21 PM
yeah i am goin to watch stockton and wylie, cuz its right here in san angelo, but i might prolly not but might sneak over and watch greenwood and snyder

panther power
11-10-2004, 10:45 AM
JEFFERSON HAD SURGERY! HE IS BACK IN TOWN BUT ON CRUTCHES AND HAS THE BRACE..... HE IS GONNA NEED A MIRACLE TO PLAY IN THIS ONE>>>> SOME WILLIS REED TYPE STUFF......

WHAT WE GONNA DO?

Wtx_coach
11-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Would you guys stop with this Jefferson thing, I just talked with one of my buddies from stockton and they say he is going to try to play, aint no reason to lie about it, Abilene Wylie is not dumb, they will prepare for him regardless is he is going to play or not so dont come one here with these lies about the kid, if he plays he plays, if not oh well, Ft Stockton had a good year and I tip my hat off to them!

Phil C
11-10-2004, 11:31 AM
Monahans is in North West Texas. It is 36 miles Southwest of Odessa on Highway 80.

lobo12
11-10-2004, 11:34 AM
haha...good one lol

panther power
11-10-2004, 11:47 AM
good one wtx coach, stick to covering the imperial buena vista longhorns.....leave stockton to the people that live here....

party pooper....learn to have a little fun