PDA

View Full Version : Rice Consolidated Raiders vs. Cameron Yoe

Bellville22
11-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Yet another of the great D19 vs. D20 matchups. In my opinion, this game has a chance to be one of the best in the state. Two different teams, two different styles of play. Should be a great game, very unfortunate that one of these teams will be out after one round.

Although Cameron (9-1) slipped up the last week against Hutto, this is probably a top ten team in the state. I have a feeling that if the game vs. the Hippoes was more important, the Yoemen would have come out on top. They feature a very good QB who can beat you with his arm or his legs, as well as a pretty good group of receivers. From what I remember in the Bellville game, they spread it out and let the QB make plays. I recall alot of designed runs and sprint-rollouts. The key for Cameron will be keeping Rice's great defensive front contained. King and Shaw can cause nightmares for opposing QB's. Defensively the Yoemen are strong. Bellville had a tough time moving the ball against them, and they've held several quality teams in check all year. They'll get their shot at arguably the state's best RB and a power running game Saturday.

While most teams are preparing for their upcoming playoff games, RCSD and the community are mourning the loss of 4 students and an infant. Football just doesn't seem important right now in that community, and that is certainly understandable. It will be a very difficult week of preparation for the Raiders, but this team has demonstrated its character, and I trust that this fine group of players and coaches will be ready this weekend.

Rice (8-2) brings a stingy D to the playing field and a stud of a RB in Charles Huffman. They control the ball and clock by sending him behind that big offensive line time and time again. If a defense stacks the box, this team is capable of catching them sleeping by using the TE in play-action, so the Yoe will have to stay true to their assignments. The Rice defense is led by their great DE's. These two are capable of changing a game, if they're not planned for, it will be a long night for opposing offenses. From what I know, the secondary is a bit vulnerable, and it will certainly be tested against Cameron's spread attack. The key to stopping it will be the pressure and play of the Raiders' front seven.

I'm anxious to see how this game plays out and who controls the tempo, with the contrasting styles. Rice will want to slow it down, while Cameron may want a high scoring contest. Rice must take care of the ball, because it's not a team that can play from behind, especially against a team as good as Cameron. Cameron, in my opinion, will throw the ball, and try to test the Rice secondary. Watch out for #5 for the Yoe, this Jr. WR is a tremendous player, and can make big plays in a hurry. It's also important for Cameron to play well on special teams, and try to give Rice a long field to work with.

My heart is with the Raiders after what they've gone thru, and I would love to see them advance. I'll be pulling for our friends from D20, but I feel they have a huge task ahead of them in the Cameron Yoemen....

Cameron 30
Rice Cons. 26

CheerMom
11-08-2004, 04:47 PM
Great post, as always. I just have one correction. The Raiders are 8-2, not 7-3. Only losses to Yoakum and Bellville.
Look forward to seeing you this weekend!!

Go Raiders!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Bellville22
11-08-2004, 05:45 PM
;) I love moms! Always looking after us, thanks 'CheerMom', got it fixed.

chs_cheer06
11-08-2004, 05:58 PM
As much as I hate to say it.. I got to go with my boys from Cameron on this one!! Go Yoemen! I'll be there cheering y'all on...

Bulldog_12
11-08-2004, 06:03 PM
Isnt this one being played at A&M consolidated? If so, I might try to swing by the game after we BTHO Tech. I am in dier need of some high school football.

chs_cheer06
11-08-2004, 06:06 PM
Yeah it's at A&M Consolidated at 6...

rhs78
11-08-2004, 06:22 PM
THIS COULD BE A GREAT GAME, IT ALL DEPENDS IF THE REAL RICE TEAM SHOWS UP AND PLAYS THE WAY THEIR CAPABLE OF PLAYING. I JUST DONT SEE RICE OVERCOMING THE THINGS THEY BEEN THROUGH THIS WEEK. IF THE BOYS REBOUND THEN C-Y IS IN FOR A TUSSLE. IF NOT IT WILL BE A VERY LONG NIGHT FOR THE RAIDERS. EITHER WAY I'LL STILL BE VERY PROUD OF THE RAIDERS. GO BIG BLUE

Raider Nurse
11-08-2004, 08:02 PM
I agree, rhs! It could be a long night for the Raiders. They have a tough week to get through. Win or lose we will be proud of the Raiders. They made it through a long afternoon last Saturday against Belllville and they persevered because they have the hearts of champions. They will do the same this Saturday against Cameron. They will come and play the game and they will get through it. We will be there cheering them on and will not let them down. Go, Raiders!!!!! You are all champions in my book!!!! Great post, 22!!!!

JettJenkins04
11-08-2004, 08:10 PM
GO Raiders

theyoefnshow
11-08-2004, 08:30 PM
this is a damned if you do damned if you don't for Cameron. I mean, even if we advance, there's always going to be that "what if" they were (Rice) completely focused. I feel horrible for the community as Cameron knows full well what they are going through due to the loss of two players earlier this year in a train wreck. The loss to Hutto had to have opened the Yoemen's eyes in that even though they had about 5 starters out, they still lost and are now 9-1. I look for Cameron to advance and you have to keep in mind that the only team that has come close to containing them has been Fairfield WAAAAAAY back in week 0. Since then, Cameron has scored 35, 50, 39, 42, 41, 41, 40, 34 and 35. Special teams have been excellent for Cameron as well as they have scored on blocked punts, fake field goals.......they can basically score anywhere, anytime. IF Derrick Evans is full stregnth though....at 6'4, superglue hands, jukes like a pro and insane speed....there aren't alot of defenders who can keep up with this receiver. Then you have two running backs in Shane & TJ. Last week TJ broke for what I think was his first big td run but he made it look good. Shane who has broke for several big ones already DESTROYED the Hutto defense on his scoring play as he straight ran them over after the hit and would not go down. It was incredible. Should be an interesting game.

Bellville22
11-08-2004, 10:16 PM
'theyoefnshow': Great, classy post! All Cameron can do is come out and give it their all, because that's what Rice is expecting, and that's what Rice wants. It's not fair to Cameron, it's not fair to Rice, and it's not fair to the game if the Yoemen don't come out and play their hardest because of the sorrow they feel for Rice. As you said, Cameron can certainly relate to such an incident, so I'm sure the Rice team and community has a special place in the hearts of Yoe players and fans.

I have a feeling that after the funerals today and tomorrow, and after a very tough week of school, some time out at the football field may be just what the team and fans need. Sometimes a little time away doing something you love can heal better than anything. I'm sure the families of the young ladies would want the same thing from the boys. While they'll certainly be carrying heavy hearts, I have a feeling that Rice will be ready to play, prepared, and focused come Saturday night. I expect an excellent 3A Playoff football game.

chugbug
11-09-2004, 10:33 AM
If AND I SAY "IF Cameron wins they can hold their heads high. The Raiders will give the game their very best. If they can recover from what they have been through this week , they will win the game. If not, they will be playing basketball next week. Raiders win or lose you are champions in my book. I love you all. GO RAIDERS.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :flamingma :flamingma

Bull's-eye
11-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Go Raiders!!

Bull's-eye
11-09-2004, 01:40 PM
Good luck to the Rice Raiders! I plan on attending this game and will be sitting on the Rice side. This will be a very interesting match up with 2 teams with very contrasting styles. Cameron has a wide open offense that will try to spread out the opposing defense. They run most of their plays out of the shot gun formation and will send 3-4 receivers out wide. They try to beat you running with their 7 inside players against your 7. Their QB and RB are very good runners, and if they get past your linebackers, they have lots of room to run. Once you adjust to stop the run, they will throw the ball to their very dangerous receivers. I think Rice matches up well against the running game, but may struggle defending the pass. Their passes are quick drops, which makes it hard to rush the QB. Rice's offense should have success running the ball and must do their best to keep the Yoe offense off the field. Looks to be a great game!

Bellville22
11-09-2004, 02:02 PM
'Bulls-Eye': I'll be attending this game as well after the A&M game. Probably be a little late but I'll look for you on the Rice side. Wouldn't be surprised to see several Bellville people there.

CheerMom
11-09-2004, 04:09 PM
Guys, know that we are behind you 100%, and we always will. You can bet that we will make some noise come Saturday night!!! Play safe and injury free. Everyone coming to the game, travel safely!!!!

venomous tat2
11-09-2004, 04:27 PM
The raider family can count on the rattler family to be there sat to give you support

GO RATTLERS
GO BRAHAMAS
GO RAIDERS

rhs78
11-09-2004, 04:48 PM
thanks d-20 downlowers for all the support for the team and comunities during the last week,we support bellville and navisota and hope all three do well in playoffs. good luck and safe travel this weekend for all. go big blue

11TARPON
11-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Cameron Yoe 21.....Rice 17

CheerMom
11-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by rhs78
thanks d-20 downlowers for all the support for the team and comunities during the last week,we support bellville and navisota and hope all three do well in playoffs. good luck and safe travel this weekend for all. go big blue

I'll second that!!!

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

theyoefnshow
11-09-2004, 06:01 PM
what are the Rice colors? Ours are Maroon & Gray.

CheerMom
11-09-2004, 06:15 PM
Our colors are blue, silver and recently added black.

Bull's-eye
11-09-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
'Bulls-Eye': I'll be attending this game as well after the A&M game. Probably be a little late but I'll look for you on the Rice side. Wouldn't be surprised to see several Bellville people there. I may be also attending the A&M game. I'll let you know something friday.

Bellville22
11-09-2004, 10:50 PM
cool

Dogman
11-10-2004, 09:08 AM
The rumor overhere in Rockdale is that #5 D. Evans has broken his arm and may not play Friday? This comes from a cousin here and I just wondered if it is true? I'll be there cheering the yoe on Saturday night......

swampkitten
11-10-2004, 12:00 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Go Big Blue !!!! Love ya Raiders !!!!! Have a great and safe game !!!!!!

swampkitten
11-10-2004, 12:01 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Go Big Blue !!!! Have a great and safe game !!! Love ya Raiders !!!!!!!

BlueBlood
11-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Raiders 21
Other 20

c-town_balla
11-10-2004, 01:01 PM
Derek #5 did not break his arm, he will play come Saturday. it was not more than a small briuse.

Cameron 35
Rice 14

Bobcat
11-10-2004, 02:00 PM
I was told by a reliable source that it was a break and that he was a no go for this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bulldog_12
11-10-2004, 02:20 PM
I tell you what, Im really excited to come to this game on saturday. It should turn out to be a really great game. Can't wait to meet some of you gys at the game either.

CheerMom
11-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I tell you what, Im really excited to come to this game on saturday. It should turn out to be a really great game. Can't wait to meet some of you gys at the game either.

Looking forward to meeting you, also!!

elhs
11-10-2004, 02:52 PM
Hey Raiders its been a tuff week!!!
Hang in there we luv yall and we will be there with alot SPIRIT!!!!

Have a great game and Go Big Blue!!!!!!

CheerMom
11-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Welcome back, elhs!! We've missed you!!

rhs78
11-10-2004, 06:26 PM
i have not heard if charles knee is better or even if he will play, this will make a huge difference if he is not healthy for the raider offense

BrahmaMom
11-10-2004, 08:20 PM
This will be a tough match, with emotions riding high for both teams. I agree with 22, football may be just what the Rice family could use as a break from the heartbreak. Both teams have experienced loss, but I don't think it will be a question of "what would have happened if..?" I think both teams will show up ready to play. I have a friend from Rockdale, so I usually root for them; however, my heart is with the Raiders right now (sorry BB). They taught the Brahmas a lot last week, a lot about life. My prayers are for safety for the fans and players of both teams, neither side is ready for more tragedy. GO RAIDERS!!

c-town_balla
11-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Evans arm is not broken. Your reliable source is wrong.

scotty
11-10-2004, 08:44 PM
After the great Rice tragedy and two very physical football games, I’m afraid that Rice just won’t be able to bounce back.
Hopefully they prove me wrong, but I just have to go with Cameron. I believe a good passing attack can hurt a Rice team that is on top of its game… and I just don’t believe they will be at the top of their game.
Please prove me wrong, Raiders.

honeymd
11-10-2004, 08:50 PM
Where is the game being played?

Bellville22
11-10-2004, 08:54 PM
A&M Consolidated; 6pm, Saturday

JettJenkins04
11-10-2004, 09:20 PM
GO Raiders

2little2no
11-10-2004, 09:21 PM
SOURCES SAY C. HUFFMAN FOR RAIDERS IS OUT FOR SEASON.

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Your sources aren't positive.

11TARPON
11-10-2004, 10:42 PM
I see a close game. Rice by 4

Balboa
11-11-2004, 02:37 PM
Raiders play with that fire that the fans have seen from you and everything will be good..

CheerMom
11-11-2004, 04:29 PM
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Specklebelly
11-11-2004, 08:10 PM
Ive got a bad feeling the Raiders are going down this week. Last week may be too much to overcome.

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-11-2004, 09:31 PM
It all remains a mystery until Saturday evening...

JettJenkins04
11-11-2004, 10:15 PM
Well, as long as it's just you and not the Raiders thinking like that. Then in my opinion, everything will be alright.

Go Raiders

Specklebelly
11-11-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by JettJenkins04
Well, as long as it's just you and not the Raiders thinking like that.

I hope so its just me too

CheerMom
11-11-2004, 11:34 PM
Well, I for one, know that our boys are going to go out there and give it their all!! And no matter the outcome of the game, we will be there to cheer them on!!! Love ya, guys!!! We're proud of you!!

Stangster
11-11-2004, 11:39 PM
I'm going with Rice on this one.

CheerMom
11-12-2004, 09:53 AM

chugbug
11-12-2004, 09:58 AM
There is no doubt in my mind that the Raiders will go out on Saturday and give 100%. They will be focused and they will be successful. Win or lose they are a fine bunch of young men and they are champions in my book. GO RAIDERS.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :flamingma :flamingma

Bull's-eye
11-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Good luck Raiders!!

UPanIN
11-12-2004, 11:25 AM
I have not seen Carmeron play. I have seen Rice.

Based on what Carmeron did to Caldwell I give them the edge in this one. The running attact of Rice is very good but Carmeron will find a way to slow it enough to win.

My heart is with the Raiders and I hope I'm wrong about this.

GO RAIDERS and D20AAA sweep!

CheerMom
11-12-2004, 04:30 PM

rhs78
11-12-2004, 04:37 PM
raiders play your hearts out tomorrow night, i know you will leave it all on the field, and that's what counts, the fans will stand by you all the way no matter what the out come. GO BIG BLUE

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-12-2004, 08:22 PM
Rice is plenty prepared and ready, lets just see what the Yoemen have come tomorrow...

swampkitten
11-12-2004, 08:33 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Go Big Blue !!!!!!!!!

Raider Nurse
11-13-2004, 12:45 AM
Let's go Rice!!!!! Go,Go,Go,Go Rice!!!!!! Go mighty Raiders!!!! Go Big Blue!!! Beat Cameron!!!!!

keep_it_real
11-13-2004, 04:39 AM
Matt Lopez this is joel, I saw you tonight at the rockdale game cheering for your cousin, good luck tommorow man knock the snot out of that runningback and let them boys know what 19AAA is about, good luck yoe, represent.

CheerMom
11-13-2004, 09:08 AM
C'mon, Raiders, let's go make some noise!!!!! See everyone at the game!! Travel safely!!:D

44INAROW
11-13-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by CheerMom
C'mon, Raiders, let's go make some noise!!!!! See everyone at the game!! Travel safely!!:D

Good Luck Rice, :clap:

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Lets go Rice, Beat the Yoe Man, lets make it 2 out off 3 for the district!!!! GO RICE, GO BELLVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!

G.A.T.A 2008
11-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Anybody have directions to get to A&M consol.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
11-13-2004, 12:58 PM
from Navasota on hwy 6 coming into c/s the road will split stay to the left & turn left at 2nd light fm 2818 go to the 4th light turn right on to Welch field on the left

Rocksolid
11-13-2004, 04:43 PM
will anybody be posting updates on this game?

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
11-13-2004, 04:46 PM
web cast http://www.kmil.com/

Rocksolid
11-13-2004, 04:53 PM
thanks ....will it show updates or is there a radio or somthing on it

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
11-13-2004, 04:54 PM
radio

yoemenkracker30
11-14-2004, 01:56 AM
Final score in tonights game between Cameron and Rice........The Yoemen 28, Rice 6