PDA

View Full Version : Austin Area Game Needed

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-08-2004, 04:03 PM
I'll be traveling to Kingsville on Saturday to see the Savages of Southeastern Oklahoma play the Hogs from Kingsville. I have a brother-in-law in Austin and will spend a free night at his place on Friday. I would like to catch a great game somewhere close to Austin. Anyone have any ideas?

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2004, 04:11 PM
4a - Burnet vs Kerville Tivy, in Burnet, would be a good game.

5a - Westlake vs Pflugerville, at Chapparal Stadium (Westlake) will be good.

We play Marion at Dripping Springs, but I don't know enough about Marion's team this year to know if it will be a good game or a runaway.

2a - Rogers vs East Bernard at New Braunfels Canyon. (Rogers has been #1 in the state for a while.)

3a - Wimberley vs La Vernia at Wimberley. (This is a rematch from last year's playoffs, Wimberley winning, & an earlier game this year which La Vernia won.)

There are a number of others, those were just the ones that popped in my head and are all within an hour or less of Austin. Holler if you want more.

Johnny Utah
11-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Wimberly and La Vernia at Wimberly. Winner gets Cuero/West Columbia winner!!!! Should be a good one!!!

District303aPastPlayer
11-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Sinton vs Crystal City in SA. . . SA to Austin is roughly an hour :D

District303aPastPlayer
11-08-2004, 05:19 PM
by the way, you owe us a game to be watched :D

Phil C
11-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Hey Z if you have to stay in Austin Friday night why not go watch some women's college soccer Friday night at Myers stadium. This is round one of NCAA women's college soccer and you can watch Texas vs North Texas. I don't know the time yet though.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-09-2004, 10:05 AM
Phil: I don't know much about soccer.

I'll have to look these all up on the map and see how close they are. My brother-in-law actually lives in Round Rock. I know that Burnet is not too far away from there. Also I have been wanting to watch Wimberley play this year. I have heard a lot from the posters on this board. But then I really owe one to Sinton though. If I go to SA I'll have to get a room as I wouldn't want to have to drive back to Austin and then back to SA again in the morning on the way to Kingsville. Plus I would miss out on those biscuits and gravy my sister-in-law makes!

Thanks for all the suggestions I'll have to figure out which one is the best fit for my schedule.

jason
11-09-2004, 10:07 AM
the burnet game would be about a 30 min drive from round rock