PDA

View Full Version : Division II Picks

Matthew328
11-08-2004, 03:36 PM
Region I

Perryton (8-2) vs Muleshoe (8-2)
Could be an upset here....the Mules are always tough...Perryton by 6

Mid. Greenwood (5-5) vs Snyder (8-2)
It's tough to beat a team twice in one year..but I really like Snyder this year..Snyder by 7

Iowa Park (9-1) vs Bowie (5-5)
IP rolls...IP by 31

Bridgeport (3-7) vs Comanche (6-4)
Bridgeport may be the state's best 3-7 team...Bulls by 16

Borger (4-5) vs Lubbock Cooper (8-2)
Borger makes its debut in the D2 bracket but the result will be the same as last year...bi-district loss....Cooper by 14

Seminole (5-5) vs Sweetwater (8-2)
Sweetwater in a close one...Seminole is better than their record indicates..Sweetwater by 9

Breckenridge (7-3) vs Pilot Point (8-2)
Good matchup here..give me PP in this one...Pilot Point by 11

Little Elm (6-4) vs Glen Rose (8-2)
GR will put up enough points to win this one...Glen Rose by 10

Region II

Van Alstyne (7-3) vs Dallas Madison (7-3)
Madison has been one of the surprises out of DFW and the Trojans roll...Madison by 17

Mt Vernon (7-3) vs Crandall (5-5)
Mt Vernon=sleeper MV by 21

Gilmer (10-0) vs Texarkana Pleasant Grove (6-4)
Look for PG to hang around for a little while but too much Manuel Johnson....Gilmer by 22

Van (8-2) vs Longview Spring Hill (7-3)
Vandals win a close one...Van by 3

Bonham (6-4) vs Wilmer-Hutchins (8-1)
Hutch may be the best story in the state...and they roll too much speed and size for the Purple Warriors....Wilmer-Hutchins by 25

Commerce (6-4) vs Wills Point (3-7)
What no Forney in bi-district?? Can WP get past bi-district...nope Commerce takes em out...Commerce by 11

Pittsburg (4-6) vs Daingerfield (6-4)
Boy the rivalry is big enough during non-district now in the playoffs? Can Pitt end the Daingerfield hex? No Daingerfield by 17

Lindale (5-5) vs Tatum (9-1)
Tatum rolls Stephen Hodge is a stud....Tatum by 30

Region III

Robinson (9-0-1) vs Fairfield (7-3)
Keep an eye on Robinson.....Rockets by 10

Rockdale (6-4) vs Bellville (6-4)
The young Brahmas are coming along....Bellville by 1...

Diboll (6-4) vs Jasper (7-3)
2 teams who have disappointed this season for sure....I think Jasper wins the battle of underacheivers...Jasper by 10

Liberty (4-6) vs Hardin-Jefferson (5-5)
Home field helps Liberty....Liberty by 8

China Spring (8-2) vs Marlin (9-1)
Good matchup here.....but Marlin has too much for the Cougars...Marlin by 20..

Cameron Yoe (9-1) vs Rice Consolidated (7-3)
This one is a tough game to pick.....Yoe looked good all year until losing in Week 10 to Hutto..I'm not sure what to make of Rice....Give me Yoe by 3

Rusk (7-3) vs Kirbyville (8-2)
How healthy is Cody Glenn and can Rusk make noise like they did in 2002.....Kirbyville hasn't won a playoff game in a long time can they break the drought? Kirbyville by 6

Bridge City (6-4) vs Barbers Hill (8-2)
Rematch of a bi-district game from last year and I think the same result will happen..Barbers Hill by 11

Region IV

Wharton (6-4) vs Yoakum (6-4)
Keep an eye on Wharton....they are big and fast...can they finally make a run? Wharton by 15

Liberty Hill (8-2) vs Marion (5-5)
Liberty Hill may rush for 1000 yards in this one..LH by 40

Devine (9-1) vs Goliad (6-4)
The Warhorses could make another impressive run..Devine by 17

CC West Oso (4-6) vs Lyford (7-3)
Home field won't help West Oso...Lyford by 9

Stafford (6-4) vs Halletsville (9-1)
Congrats to Stafford for getting into the playoffs....but Halletsville is tough....HHS by 14

Brady (7-3) vs Poteet (6-4)
Brady moves over from Region 1 and should get a bi-district win...Brady by 10

Cotulla (7-3) vs Ingleside (8-2)
Ingleside by 4

Orange Grove (4-6) vs Port Isabel (9-1)
PI gets OG at home....this one gets ugly....PI by 29

Bullaholic
11-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Matt....I don't see one stinkin' thing I would change, that's an outstanding list. Good job, as always.

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2004, 03:43 PM
I just hope if we rush for 1000, we score more than 40. :D Or maybe we'll get some practice on long field goals. ;)

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2004, 03:54 PM
Hey Matt, The winner of the Bellville vs Rockdale game would face off with the winner of Marlin vs China spring game?

ALLSPORTSGUY
11-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Matt, BC did not make the playoffs last year but did the year before and BC won.

99IHSMustang
11-08-2004, 04:34 PM
Hey I'll take that score you predict for the Ingleside -vs- Cotulla game..... a win is a win in the playoffs.

District303aPastPlayer
11-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Hey I'll take that score you predict for the Ingleside -vs- Cotulla game..... a win is a win in the playoffs.

no comments on the game though?

Old Cardinal
11-08-2004, 05:25 PM
Matt, BC won by a nice big score two years ago and played their 2nd team for a lot of the fourth quarter. BC did not play BH last year period. What do you think of them tying WO-S 21-21 and losing in overtime?

KL3
11-08-2004, 06:01 PM
Former, I've been wondering the same thing. Matthew and the Houston Chronicle have Bellville/Rockdale playing the winner of Robinson/Fairfield, but the UIL website has Bellville/Rockdale playing the winner of Marlin/China Spring.

Macarthur
11-08-2004, 06:04 PM
I have to tell ya, the way this bracket sets up, I really like Iowa Park to take this region.

PhiI C
11-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Beware of the Howling Bear!

VWG
11-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
I have to tell ya, the way this bracket sets up, I really like Iowa Park to take this region.

I agree. Iowa Park can match up with anybody in Region I.
Sweetwater or Snyder could be tough to handle.

Ranger05
11-08-2004, 11:11 PM
i honestly like greenwood to beat snyder and muleshoe to beat perryton. greenwood is playing some good football right now. but other than those 2 thats exactly what i would predict good job matt

mustang04
11-08-2004, 11:14 PM
i honestly dont see how sweetwater couldnt win this region...the only way they get knocked out of the playoffs is by how we have every year i played....shoot ourselves in the foot

ya never know

LogieJoeBean001
11-09-2004, 07:21 AM
I'm happy with your predictions!

RBARKER
11-09-2004, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Matt, BC won by a nice big score two years ago and played their 2nd team for a lot of the fourth quarter. BC did not play BH last year period. What do you think of them tying WO-S 21-21 and losing in overtime?

OC, do you put stupid comments in your post to get a rise out of someone?

99IHSMustang
11-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
no comments on the game though?

Yeah I would have to say Ingleside by 14 :)

Macarthur
11-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by VWG
I agree. Iowa Park can match up with anybody in Region I.
Sweetwater or Snyder could be tough to handle.

Snyder & Sweetwater certainly are good team, as is Perryton. I just really think IP's strong schedule they played this year could really help them. They really have dominated people other than their one loss. And the teams they have dominated, are pretty good football teams.

I think you make the best point in matchup. I don't think anyone in the region is more talented than IP. The question then becomes who makes the least mistakes and catches a few breaks.

IHStangFan
11-09-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
Yeah I would have to say Ingleside by 14 :) agreed

AP Panther Fan
11-09-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
agreed

Make it 21! ;)

mowertx
11-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur

I completely agree IP, is playing some intense football right now. I was at the Graham game and they were rolling in the second half. They rattled Graham and it payed off. Nice pick Matt!!

Redman
11-10-2004, 12:38 AM
I predict Sweetwater Mustangs winning Region I. Would like to see it come down to Sweetwater vs Snyder, but they both will have to beat some very good teams.

Jody
11-10-2004, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

I sure was not going to tell him.....:D Let's stick to what he said.....hahahaha

Old Cardinal
11-10-2004, 09:41 AM
To Barker: What I said was correct, our totally substitued subs and even some JV drove the ball 68 yards in the fourth quarter and almost scored. Once Jamie Knight and Matt Peebles scored after the half, it was all over and they(BC) started progressive substitution on both sides of the ball.
BC will be starting some subs and JV players against you this coming game, just as they did against WO-S. It's that time of the year when BC hurts because they will have only 6 Seniors dressed out and playing. I am glad that which ever of our teams win they are in Division II, our depth problems will not be quite so critical as against the high enrollment schools.
Sorry but I still feel that a 31-14 is a "nice big score". I would settle for that score in a heartbeat this Friday night LOL