PDA

View Full Version : What ya miss or like about 3a football

mustang04
11-08-2004, 03:09 PM
i was wathing the highlight video from last year....i miss the ridin on the bus for outta town games, wearing the shoulder pads and helmet and pants and cleats, the feeling i had after taking off my shoulder pads after a hard fought game, seeing the lil kids' face brighten up when ya wave at them (c'mon...every lil kid's hero are those guys in the jerseys) but most of all..it was the time w/ my bros, before the game, during the game, and after the game...thats what makes 3A football in Texas so awesome

what do yall miss about playing...or for the parents or fans who never played...what do yall like most about Texas 3A football??

District303aPastPlayer
11-08-2004, 03:17 PM
the one thing that i miss about 3a football is being able to know that the guy sitting next to you on the bus has your back. and running out to hear the crowd yelling for you is just amazing. it brings goosebumps to my body thinkin about it

big daddy russ
11-08-2004, 03:17 PM
...and twins.

mustang04
11-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
the one thing that i miss about 3a football is being able to know that the guy sitting next to you on the bus has your back. and running out to hear the crowd yelling for you is just amazing. it brings goosebumps to my body thinkin about it

i know what u mean...it brings the whole team together knowing that each person is watching out for the other

Ranger05
11-08-2004, 03:20 PM
i miss just playing i would give anything to suit up with my brothers one last time. weve been playing together since the 4th grade. and i would give up anything just to play one last game and go out the way i wanted to.

LH Panther Mom
11-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Twins, Russ?

The thing I miss most is watching my oldest play.

cunbed10
11-08-2004, 03:21 PM
I miss Everman, Forney, and Burnet

cunbed10
11-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by cunbed10
I miss Everman, Forney, and Burnet Oh yeah, I miss LaGrange, and Pudd going back and forth with me, to the point to where i get rom'd

big daddy russ
11-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Twins, Russ?

That Coors Light song... they play it every Monday on Sportscenter to NFL highlights. Ahh, nevermind, it was a bad joke for the internet. I'm a dork.:nerd:

mustang04
11-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
That Coors Light song... they play it every Monday on Sportscenter to NFL highlights. Ahh, nevermind, it was a bad joke for the internet. I'm a dork.:nerd:

haha..i know what ur talkin about haha

TheDOCTORdre
11-08-2004, 03:27 PM
I miss it all but especially walking down the stairs of Mustang Bowl and as the band would start playing, it would never fail that goosebumps wpuld come over me and I would think "My God this is awesome", I also miss the locker romm right before the game, the CD player blasting and the lights off and going deep into your mind and thinking that the other team had no idea what was about to hit them

onfirebball05mustang
11-08-2004, 03:29 PM
since our season has ended...i must say i'll miss it
i'll miss the atmosphere-even those who werent football fans loved supporting the team,
the players-played hard to win, and yet no matter what respected each other to the best of their ability,
the people-parents, fans, coaches, everybody had an opinion on something--always interesting to debate whats hot and whats not

in essence, i'll miss 3a football, but even after graduating, plan to go to the local games and have fun with fellow hsfootball fans!

BIGGBROTHER
11-08-2004, 05:05 PM
most of all ill miss next year

District303aPastPlayer
11-08-2004, 05:07 PM
keeping up with football post graduation is FUN!

CRHSeagle
11-08-2004, 05:10 PM
Everyday after school and during athletics Ive done something football related, but now thats all over. I guess Im going to have to get one of those things called a job. Im gonna miss running onto the field as the band plays the fight song, hanging out after games at Whataburger, road trips to away games.

mustang04
11-08-2004, 06:51 PM
ttt

Keith7
11-08-2004, 06:56 PM
I miss the Frito chilli pie, and strippers

GreenMonster
11-08-2004, 07:18 PM
I miss the feeling of knowing most of my town was in those stands. I miss the feeling in the pit of my stomach as the National Anthem came to a close. I miss the pride that I had to wear The Green. I miss the feel of the night air and the cool grass on my hand as I prepared to blow the dude in front of me up so I could rip the tailback's head off. I miss the little kids most though. I never forgot what it was like to be one of those kids and I took pride in being their "Hero" . I miss the annual trip to the two elementary schools on Homecoming and getting swarmed by "future Hawks". It has been 10 years since I walked the hallowed sidelines and I miss it more each year. I have my own kids now and I take them to every game that I can so that they have the same opportunity that I had to be proud of where I live and be proud to say "I'm from Iowa Park, Texas the home the Mean Green Hawks." :weeping:

lepfan
11-08-2004, 07:23 PM
The intensity of the crowd!!! (this 1A Kansas town is just not the same)

Mandy
11-08-2004, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
I miss the Frito chilli pie, and strippers

Keith you know in opposite land that means...Michael Jackson's private concerts and dancing in the moonlight with little boys...

sinton66
11-08-2004, 11:29 PM
Well, he IS in California.......:D

Mandy
11-08-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Well, he IS in California.......:D

exactly ;)

SintonFan
11-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by cunbed10
Oh yeah, I miss LaGrange, and Pudd going back and forth with me, to the point to where i get rom'd
That's just wrong cunbed10...

Ranger Mom
11-08-2004, 11:37 PM
Ya know....I was going to say I miss my boys playing (2 are still in High School and elected to no longer play after their freshman year)....but as I thought upon it further, I don't think I actually DO miss them playing.

I was a nervous wreck everytime the were on the field, both played running back, and I haven't missed the separated shoulders, concussions, wrenched necks, etc.

I really do think I actually enjoy the game more just watching my friends boys play. If they get hurt, I worry about them, but it's not that gut-wrenching, butterflies in the stomach, panic stricken, I think I'm gonna puke feeling!!

WOW!! Now that I have thought about it, I think I have finally accepted their decision.

Okay...back to the question at hand. I don't miss anything yet, but I do like the sense of community and the pride that everyone shows from being from here. In short...I just love 3-A football, I can't think of any other classification I would rather be in!!

Rabbit'93
11-09-2004, 12:13 AM
I miss winning. We went 3-7 our first year in 4A. We'll be OK. We have alot of young guys coming back.;)