PDA

View Full Version : Navasota Rattlers vs. Caldwell Hornets

Bellville22
11-08-2004, 01:14 PM
All of the matchups between D19 and D20 are very intriguing, and should be very close games. The DI game will take place Friday at 8 at A&M Consol.

Both of these teams are coming off very impressive 9-1 seasons, both with one district loss. Each of these teams feature a pretty solid offense, both with very good RB's. I think Caldwell's D has the advantage, but expect some points to be scored in this matchup.

I saw Caldwell in Week 0 and I was impressed. I don't know how much they've improved, but with the only loss coming to undefeated Cameron, I imagine they've progressed nicely. I know their offense focuses on their RB, Kendrick Pitman. He's big, strong, and fast, one of the better 3A RB's around. I expect the Hornets to give him the ball early and often. I expect him to have some success against a pretty average Navasota D, much like Rice's Charles Huffman. I don't remember alot about the Caldwell D, but their points against has been pretty solid, and they held a very athletic Bellville offense to 7 points.

Navasota is riding a 4 game win streak after a district-opening loss to Rice, with hard faught wins against Bellville and Sealy. They're an offensive minded team, and feature a nice balance of power and speed. One of the better running QB/RB duos in the state in Martin and Smith. They have a big offensive line, and with Smith seeing the bulk of the ball-carrying duty, they can wear a defense down. They're also capable of coming up with a big pass play, simply because they lull the D to sleep with the run. #11 is arguably the fastest player on the team, and if he gets up the seam and behind a defense, no one will catch him. If the Rattlers want to last in the playoffs, their defense will have to step up. I've seen this team 3 times this year, and I've seen little improvement on that side of the ball. They certainly have the offense to take them a few rounds deep.

I see this game being fairly high-scoring, and pretty close throughout. Both teams are capable of scoring in a hurry, but do it primarily on the ground, so taking care of the ball will be key. I'm anxious to see these 2 RB's go at it, both are very talented. I think top to bottom Caldwell is the better team. In my opinion the Rattlers have the better offense, but the Hornets are more complete. For Navasota to win, they'll have to capitalize on a turnover or two, and get a few big plays in the passing game.

I wish I could see this game, but I'll be across town at the Bellville game. In a perfect world, Bellville will put it out of reach and I can run over and catch the second half, but I'm not counting on that. It's a shame one of these teams has to be done after Round 1, but I feel once again, Navasota will meet their match in the first week.....

Caldwell 34
Navasota 28

HornetMom
11-08-2004, 01:23 PM
Bellville22, the only thing I have to disagree with you about is that Cameron was beat by Hutto in Week10.

I, too, think it will be a close game.

I want to wish you all a safe trip and injury free game. But, of course I have to side with District 19 and Rockdale.

Bellville22
11-08-2004, 03:52 PM
My mistake. The results I looked at didn't have that one up yet, and I took it for granted. Thanks for the correction.

CHSBaseball07
11-08-2004, 08:26 PM
it'll be a good game

Bellville22
11-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Will this game be on the radio? If so, what station, preferably one that I can pick up in Bryan.

UPanIN
11-09-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Will this game be on the radio? If so, what station, preferably one that I can pick up in Bryan.

I heard yesterday that it will be on 1550 AM.

Good luck Rattlers!

pancho villa
11-09-2004, 09:03 AM
Caldwell wins this one by 21.

Balboa
11-09-2004, 09:17 AM
Rattlers get ready the Hornets can play. Caldwell tries to line up and take it to you play ofter play. On most plays they have two TE. They are not huge up front but they are very physical. Pittman can run don't let him get lose. My pick Caldwell by 6

KL3
11-09-2004, 12:52 PM
Caldwell 35
Navasota 21

CheerMom
11-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Go Rattlers, you know the Raiders are behind you!!!!
Play safe and injury free!! Travel safely!!!

Go Raiders!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

LE FAN
11-09-2004, 06:42 PM
I saw Navasota early in the season. They are a good team. Think they are 9-1 now.. So good luck Rattlers.

Bellville22
11-10-2004, 12:38 PM
This is gonna be a great game, no one else wants to throw a prediction out there?

chs_cheer06
11-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Good luck guys! GATA early in the game!! I'll be there cheering y'all on!

COLOR=orange]SWARM[/COLOR] the Rattlers !

CHS_CG
11-10-2004, 06:47 PM
Right on chs_cheer! I will be in the stands cheerin yall on!

GATA HORNETS!

chs_cheer06
11-10-2004, 08:13 PM
GATA HORNETS!!!

HornetMom
11-10-2004, 08:16 PM
chs_cheer06...are you girls splitting up between the Volleyball and football games?

chs_cheer06
11-10-2004, 08:29 PM
no we're all going to the volleyball game and then leaving in time for the football game. Hopefully the v-ball game will be over in an hour and thirty minute sso we can make it to the f-ball game on time! but we're not splitting up!

HornetMom
11-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Cool We will see you at the game.

CHS_CG
11-10-2004, 09:29 PM
Yeah we will be there.. but I dont know how tall the consol stands are.. so we might not be able to sit at the very top... I wanna make sure we are in throwing range lol!

chs_cheer06
11-10-2004, 10:24 PM
I think their stands are pretty tall.. as far as i know it's a nice complex! My arm may be out so i'd sit kind of close.. but hey you can always walk down and get one! I prolly wont be there right at 8pm b/c of volleyball. After that game i have to go change and then i have to go geta bite to eat then go to college station from bryan.. so i dont know what time i'll be there hopefully at kick off but i'm not counting on it really!!

GATA HORNETS