PDA

View Full Version : Ingleside -vs- Cotulla

99IHSMustang
11-08-2004, 12:27 PM
I haven't seen Cotulla play but I am looking forward to seeing a good game by both teams. I have to go with Ingleside though. If they play the way they did against Goliad, in there 41-6 victory, I would have to say Ingleside by at least 14 points. Go Mustangs!!

pirate4state
11-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Go Mustangs!! Represent!! ... 30-3A. :D :D

footballgal
11-08-2004, 12:31 PM
You (Ingleside )should be the favorites, BUT you never know what Coach Booker has up his sleeves; they should bring a crowd, being only an hour drive from Cotulla.

But I suspect it should be a great game. :clap:

IHStangFan
11-08-2004, 12:32 PM
i'm looking forward to it myself! i sure hope Adams isnt out for the year...but i heard he took a mean shot to the head against Goliad.

AP Panther Fan
11-08-2004, 12:34 PM
Okay, bring me up to speed. When and where is the game against Cotulla?:)

99IHSMustang
11-08-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Okay, bring me up to speed. When and where is the game against Cotulla?:)

It is at Southwest High School in San Antonio.

IHStangFan
i really dont have any details as of yet...i just know its in San Antone.

footballgal
It will be in San Antonio Southwest HS Stadium, on Friday @7:30

Hey, you should remember them from two years ago when AP played Cotulla, what was the score then I don't recall, I know it was a good game though.

AP Panther Fan
11-08-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by footballgal
It will be in San Antonio Southwest HS Stadium, on Friday @7:30

Hey, you should remember them from two years ago when AP played Cotulla, what was the score then I don't recall, I know it was a good game though.

Not sure, my son was just on JV at the time. I will have to check into that.:thinking:

AP Panther Fan
11-08-2004, 12:39 PM
IHS and/or '99

Have you found any stats that you can post on this thread?:confused:

99IHSMustang
11-08-2004, 12:41 PM
IHS and/or '99

Have you found any stats that you can post on this thread?:confused:

I will see if I can come up with some.

AP Panther Fan
11-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Thanks....in the meantime, just FYI, the AP/Mathis game was incredible. 4 hours long, numerous player ejections (including our QB) and a final score of 53-43. There was literally a gang-fight on the field during the fourth quarter.:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

footballgal
11-08-2004, 12:47 PM
It will be hard since no one really covers them; but you can probably try mysa.com

99IHSMustang
11-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Thanks....in the meantime, just FYI, the AP/Mathis game was incredible. 4 hours long, numerous player ejections (including our QB) and a final score of 53-43. There was literally a gang-fight on the field during the fourth quarter.:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

What!!!!??... that is crazy. I am suprised someone didn't get shot. :evil:

footballgal
11-08-2004, 01:09 PM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/hssports/football/teams/1987.html

click on details for each game and it will give you game summary and stats.

AP Panther Fan
11-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
What!!!!??... that is crazy. I am suprised someone didn't get shot. :evil:

It was interesting to say the least!:rolleyes: Not sure if both teams just said to heck with it (since they were out of the playoffs) and decided to have fun or what. One thing for sure, the referree's were not having a good time!:eek: :D :D

PhiI C
11-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Hey AP was Ramon there? :)

AP Panther Fan
11-08-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Hey AP was Ramon there? :)

Too funny! You know, I thought about checking out the Mathis side, but decided not to since there was so much action on the field. If Ramon was over there, I couldn't hear him (thank goodness)!

It was a record-breaking night, length of game (4 hours), player ejections and penalties (numerous), 96 points scored ... you name it. This game perpetuated all of the hard feelings already existing between Mathis and Aransas Pass. :D

99IHSMustang
11-08-2004, 01:43 PM
These are about the only numbers to compare for the Ingleside -vs- Cotulla game that I found.

It looks like Cotulla is averaging 21 pts of offense while the defense is giving up 14 pts a game. Ingleside is averaging 38 pts. a game and is giving up 25 pts a game.

IHStangFan
11-08-2004, 01:46 PM
we SHOULD win this one, but you never can tell going into the playoffs. it would seem the Ingleside O is a MUCH higher octane offense..."seem" being the key word. hopefully our D will continue to improve each week like they have been doing lately........good luck to both teams and...GO MUSTANGS!!

AP Panther Fan
11-08-2004, 01:49 PM
Thanks '99. I went to the SA Sports page that Footballgal gave the link to on page 1 of this thread. If you click on details beside each game, you can get a few more stats.

It might just take some time to really summarize. Definitely worth looking at though!:D

99IHSMustang
11-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Here are some more stats that I found from www.caller.com and www.mysanantonio.com:

Cotulla Ingleside
OFFENSE OFFENSE
Rushing: 2055 Rushing: 2344
Passing: 571 Passing: 1595
Total: 2626 Total: 3939
Avg/Game: 262.6 Avg/Game: 393.9

Opponents Opponents
Rushing: 1533 Rushing: 2119
Passing: 865 Passing: 1075
Total: 2398 Total: 3194
Avg/Game: 239.8 Avg/Game: 319.4

footballgal
11-08-2004, 05:33 PM
For sure you do alot more passing then the Cowboys, well see what the 'boys can do on pass defense.

AP Panther Fan
11-08-2004, 05:53 PM
For sure you do alot more passing then the Cowboys, well see what the 'boys can do on pass defense.

The passing yardage does seem to stand out the most.

As for the yards allowed to opponents, seems like there are alot of factors that could make that misleading depending on the strength of schedule.:thinking:

Certainly must mean something to somebody though.:)

rhs78
11-08-2004, 06:26 PM
This game may stay close in first-half, second-half ingleside pulls away, wins by at least 2 touchdowns

AP Panther Fan
11-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Definitely need Zach Adams back and healthy....he is a key player!:)

Ingleside by 3 touchdowns. ;)

SintonFan_inAustin
11-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
we SHOULD win this one, but you never can tell going into the playoffs. it would seem the Ingleside O is a MUCH higher octane offense..."seem" being the key word. hopefully our D will continue to improve each week like they have been doing lately........good luck to both teams and...GO MUSTANGS!!

In the playoffs the Defense will win the games not the offense. So if Ingleside will advanve deep into the playoffs that defense will have to step it up and the offense needs more time consuming drives to keep the defense fresh. This first game might be the exception and dont look like coutulla defense is that strong. GL in the playoffs

big daddy russ
11-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Definitely need Zach Adams back and healthy....he is a key player!:)

Ingleside by 3 touchdowns. ;)
I agree, but I think he'll become more of a factor in the second round. He's a great receiver but where he really helps the team is on defense. Ingleside already has tons of talent on the outside.

District 29, who has become the weakest district in the state, is finally coming out of their hibernation and is spearheaded by Devine. Still, they'll have to wait another year before sweeping past District 30, even though our district is relatively weak. I know Cotulla has had a couple of golden seasons as of late and is a great team to pull for, but the Mustangs make it ugly quick. Ingleside by 4 TDs.

On a side note, good luck to Cotulla and I hope it's an injury-free game. Everybody who's making the trip- drive safe.

sinton66
11-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Here's Cotulla's record this year:

2004 Cotulla Schedule
DATE...............SCHEDULE......LEAGUE GAME.....RESULT
Aug. 27, 2004..AT POTEET(6-4)...........NO............W 20-14
Sep. 03, 2004..AT STOCKDALE(6-3).....NO............W 10-7
Sep. 10, 2004..DILLEY(7-2).................NO............W 28-0
Sep. 17, 2004..AT SOMERSET(5-5)......NO.............L 7-28
Sep. 24, 2004..JOURDANTON(0-10)......NO............W 34-0
Oct. 08, 2004..DEVINE........................YES........... ..L 7-30
Oct. 15, 2004..CRYSTAL CITY..............YES..............L 14-21
Oct. 22, 2004..AT CARRIZO SPRINGS..YES.............W 12-0
Oct. 29, 2004..HONDO.........................YES........... .W 26-18
Nov. 5, 2004..AT PEARSALL..................YES............W 35-21

2004 District 29-3A Standings
SCHOOL....OVERALL....PF....PA....LEAGUE....PF....P A
DEVINE..........9-1.......328..126.......5-0......186...63
COTULLA ......7-3........193..139.......3-2.......94....90
CRYSTAL CITY.5-5.......190..216.......3-2.......76...105
HONDO ..........3-7.......199..234.......2-3.....108...100
PEARSALL.......6-4........194..202......1-4........76...135
CARR.SPRNGS.3-7.......146...207......1-4........68...115

sinton66
11-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Ingleside is currently running a 1.53 to 1 pf/pa ratio. Cotulla is currently running 1.38 to 1. Even at a big stretch of 12 to 14 pts. per differential whole point (strength of schedule adjustment), this game figures to be pretty close. I'll predict the victory for Ingleside by 1 touchdown or less.

footballgal
11-08-2004, 10:16 PM
I agree with you Sinton66, and I also have to factor in their Coach, Coach Booker is a heck of a Coach, just look at what he has done with the Cowboys since he's been there. And if there is something he has done for them is made them believe in themselves.

I too think that it will be a good game; and no one is winning by 4TD's :eek: like someone mentioned!

Alll I got to say is Ingleside Mustangs, one of my teams is gonna get you ; this week or next week! :D

PhiI C
11-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Beware of any team that can defeat the Howling Bear though footballgal!:D

footballgal
11-08-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Beware of any team that can defeat the Howling Bear though footballgal!:D

Speaking of Howling Bear Phil; you never answered me before when I asked you what/who is the Howling Bear????/ :thinking:

PhiI C
11-08-2004, 10:24 PM
Speaking of Howling Bear Phil; you never answered me before when I asked you what/who is the Howling Bear????/ :thinking:

Sorry! That is what I call the West Oso Bears.

footballgal
11-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Ahhhhh, are you talking about OG, Phil? Yeah, you're right first things first. :D

sinton66
11-08-2004, 10:25 PM
That's what he calls the West Oso Bears.

99IHSMustang
11-08-2004, 10:47 PM
I agree with you Sinton66, and I also have to factor in their Coach, Coach Booker is a heck of a Coach, just look at what he has done with the Cowboys since he's been there. And if there is something he has done for them is made them believe in themselves.

I too think that it will be a good game; and no one is winning by 4TD's :eek: like someone mentioned!

Alll I got to say is Ingleside Mustangs, one of my teams is gonna get you ; this week or next week! :D

We will be looking forward to playing another one of your teams footballgal. First we gotta take care of Cotulla. :thumbsup:

footballgal
11-08-2004, 11:07 PM
Kool, look forward to it myself, even though I wont, be there; I will be in Port Isabel, but I will have my niece on the phone calling in scores for me. Oh, she's in the band, stay in your seats for the half, they have a good show, they just missed advancing to state, recently. :) Oh, but PI Silver Tarpon Band, took 4th at state.

SintonFan
11-08-2004, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Ingleside is currently running a 1.53 to 1 pf/pa ratio. Cotulla is currently running 1.38 to 1. Even at a big stretch of 12 to 14 pts. per differential whole point (strength of schedule adjustment), this game figures to be pretty close. I'll predict the victory for Ingleside by 1 touchdown or less.
Didint Cotulla give a 30-3A team a scare recently?;)

footballgal
11-08-2004, 11:57 PM
Heee :D yeah, like two years ago, I think it was a team with the initials of AP. And a certain Div I player, by the name of Tommy Blake.

intocable_cowboy
11-09-2004, 12:02 AM
Of course I'm going with the Cowboys in this one, how can I not. I don't see this one getting out of hand though, it will be close through out the night, and it will be decided by a td. Cotulla's got some speed if they can get out in the open. The only thing that has hurt us is lack of depth. Many of our players go both ways, but they never have given up late in the game, they always give their all till the last second. This will be a big test for our pass defense, I'm hoping for good results.

intocable_cowboy
11-09-2004, 12:07 AM
Heee :D yeah, like two years ago, I think it was a team with the initials of AP. And a certain Div I player, by the name of Tommy Blake.

LOL, I remember that. That was one big guy, his size allowed him to pick up many yards, but still they gave him some hard hits, and stopped him every now and then.

footballgal
11-09-2004, 12:07 AM
I agree IC, I noticed how there was only like 24 players, but if they are playing both ways, through out the season, that just means they're more in conditioned and this will give them the edge, if comes down to the wire. Perfect example PI vs Rice last year, 4 OT, and PI came out on top! :)

footballgal
11-09-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by intocable_cowboy
LOL, I remember that. That was one big guy, his size allowed him to pick up many yards, but still they gave him some hard hits, and stopped him every now and then. Right after the Cowboys played them, they played PI, PI defense was gang tackling him and they finally wore him down. PI advances.

What was the score in that one IC, between AP vs Cotulla, do you remember?

intocable_cowboy
11-09-2004, 12:15 AM
I agree IC, I noticed how there was only like 24 players, but if they are playing both ways, all this time that just means there more in condition and this will give them the edge, if comes down to the wire. Perfect example PI vs Rice last year, 4 OT, and PI came out on top! :)

Thats one of the progressions I've noticed over the season, they are in great shape.

99IHSMustang
11-09-2004, 12:16 AM
I agree IC, I noticed how there was only like 24 players, but if they are playing both ways, all this time that just means there more in condition and this will give them the edge, if comes down to the wire. Perfect example PI vs Rice last year, 4 OT, and PI came out on top! :)

Well what do you know Ingleside has many players going both ways also... this should be a good game. It better be, the drive is about 2 1/2 hrs for me. I am going to make a weekend out of it and stay in SA Friday night. I do have to brag a little though. If Ingleside gets ahead by more than 2 TD's, call it a night. Most of the teams that they have beat by more than 2 TD's haven't been able to stop the Offense. But I still wish both the teams the best of luck without any injuries.

intocable_cowboy
11-09-2004, 12:19 AM
Cotulla 14, AP 31. It was still a game at the half, but AP eventually pulled away. Some good passing on our part made the game interesting until AP pulled away.

footballgal
11-09-2004, 12:19 AM
I guess, we could say that holds true that in 3A alot of players go both ways, Ironman Football!

So tell us Ingleside dude, are the Mustangs primarily a passing team or running? Oh and you say it's 2 1/2 hours to SA? So did Cotulla win the coin toss??

intocable_cowboy
11-09-2004, 12:22 AM
But I still wish both the teams the best of luck without any injuries.

I second your thought, and I hope the game never gets out of reach.

99IHSMustang
11-09-2004, 12:24 AM
I guess, we could say that holds true that in 3A alot of players go both ways, Ironman Football!

So tell us Ingleside dude, are the Mustangs primarily a passing team or running?

I would have to say that they are balanced. That is why most teams have trouble stopping there type of offense. You shut down the run they got some really good WR's to receive. Lately though it seems that they have been passing a lot more. Web (QB) can really scrambe out of the Shotgun formation. Brandon Stacy (Rb) has good speed and Zach Adams (Rb) is also one to watch.

footballgal
11-09-2004, 12:27 AM
What type of offense do you run? misdirection, Power I.. what?

99IHSMustang
11-09-2004, 12:29 AM
What type of offense do you run? misdirection, Power I.. what?

Shotgun 3WR.... No huddle.. These boys got there plays down pat.

footballgal
11-09-2004, 12:40 AM
No huddle, sounds like what Raymondville runs, or has run the last couple of years. And normally the QB is pretty mobile, when they run this offense, as I suspect is the case with Ingleside.

intocable_cowboy
11-09-2004, 12:42 AM
The Boys run out of a couple formations, depending on what is needed or what is being adjusted to. Two years ago when we played AP and all last year all they ran was shotgun and have since gone back to undercenter.

big daddy russ
11-09-2004, 12:45 AM
Right after the Cowboys played them, they played PI, PI defense was gang tackling him and they finally wore him down. PI advances.

What was the score in that one IC, between AP vs Cotulla, do you remember?
Final in the Cotulla game was 31-14.

Final in the PI game was 20-19. The turning point was early in the fourth quarter, AP was up and had momentum and was just running straight up the gut every time. You're biggest player was a DT (he was probably about 6', 275... he had started giving Tommy some trouble during the second quarter) and was beginning to wear down, so the coaches were going straight at him with both Tommy and Corey Hale. Then, on third-and-3 they tried to get fancy and threw a halfback pass. Hale's throw was intercepted by Orlando Ochoa and that changed the momentum of the game. The ensuing PI drive resulted in a TD with just under six minutes to play, and the two point conversion gave the Tarpons a 14-13 lead, their first lead of the game. Blake answered back on the very next offensive play, going some 60 yards for the score. AP was up 19-14, but PI came back a couple minutes later and retook the lead, 20-19, with about three minutes to play. The Panthers got the ball back and went to work, driving to the PI 29. Facing a fourth-and-seven with about a minute to play, AP quarterback John David Heard found Tyler Ogle on the sideline seven yards upfield. Ogle hauled in the catch and went out of bounds. He was inches short of the first down marker. Blake gained 168 yards and Hale had 71 on the night. But they didn't capitalize when they needed to. The Panthers outgained the Tarpons 274-167 on the ground and 353-259 overall, but PI managed to pull off the win.

CS_WILDCATS
11-09-2004, 01:23 AM
By looking at Cotulla's schedule I think this is a team that really hasn't been tested by anyone other than Devine and maybe Somerset. These would be the only quality competition they've faced. I say Ingleside will win by more than 3 TD's.

IHStangFan
11-09-2004, 07:12 AM
Ingleside lines up in the spread. The QB Randy Webb is a fairly good sized kid, fairly fast, very strong upper body, and has great balance. he makes just as good a FB as a QB. Brandon Stacy is a really quick, elusive RB...he'll make you miss. Zach Adams is a speedy WR who has a nack for being open at the right time. Then you cant count out sophomore Joel Johnson, hes tall, can jump and is fairly fast. MANY of the guys play both sides of the ball as well. QB Webb plays LB i believe. then there's RB/LB Michael Fenton (probably the fastest guy on the field for IHS w/ 4.48/40yd speed. Other player's names you will hear all night on D: Pearl, Coffield, Marmalejo, etc. etc.

sinton66
11-09-2004, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by CS_WILDCATS
By looking at Cotulla's schedule I think this is a team that really hasn't been tested by anyone other than Devine and maybe Somerset. These would be the only quality competition they've faced. I say Ingleside will win by more than 3 TD's.

Ingleside hasn't really been tested by anybody but Zapata and Sinton, and lost big to both. Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for the Mustangs, but I don't see it being that big of a margin. I could be wrong, it's happened at least once before. Ingleside surprized me last week against Goliad a bit.

sinton66
11-09-2004, 07:32 AM
Here is Ingleside's season:

2004 Ingleside Schedule
DATE SCHEDULE LEAGUE GAME RESULT
Aug. 27, 2004 AT BISHOP NO W 52-30
Sep. 3, 2004 ZAPATA NO L 22-51
Sep. 10, 2004 ORANGE GROVE NO W 40-28
Sep. 17, 2004 TAFT NO W 40-13
Sep. 24, 2004 AT CORPUS CHRISTI WEST OSO NO W 37-22
Oct. 1, 2004 AT FALFURRIAS NO W 43-21
Oct. 8, 2004 ARANSAS PASS YES W 33-7
Oct. 15, 2004 AT MATHIS YES W 49-23
Oct. 29, 2004 SINTON YES L 20-45
Nov. 5, 2004 AT GOLIAD YES W 41-6

2004 District 30-3A Standings
SCHOOL OVERALL PF PA LEAGUE PF PA
SINTON 8-2 404 147 4-0 189 61
INGLESIDE 8-2 377 246 3-1 143 81
GOLIAD 6-4 181 243 2-2 87 133
ARANSAS PASS 7-3 266 219 1-3 65 127
MATHIS 4-6 200 287 0-4 69 151

99IHSMustang
11-09-2004, 09:07 AM
Those of you that are planning on going to the game might want to bring a heavy coat, a beanie, and some gloves because the low is going to be 41 and the high is going to be 60 on Friday in SA. Talk about football weather.... :thumbsup:

IHStangFan
11-09-2004, 09:18 AM
Ingleside hasn't really been tested by anybody but Zapata and Sinton, and lost big to both. Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for the Mustangs, but I don't see it being that big of a margin. I could be wrong, it's happened at least once before. Ingleside surprized me last week against Goliad a bit. i have to agree on the Goliad score 66....i was shocked when i learned what the final was (i know i know...i wasnt there...i was on a hunting trip!)

footballgal
11-09-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Final in the Cotulla game was 31-14.

Final in the PI game was 20-19. The turning point was early in the fourth quarter, AP was up and had momentum and was just running straight up the gut every time. You're biggest player was a DT (he was probably about 6', 275... he had started giving Tommy some trouble during the second quarter) and was beginning to wear down, so the coaches were going straight at him with both Tommy and Corey Hale. Then, on third-and-3 they tried to get fancy and threw a halfback pass. Hale's throw was intercepted by Orlando Ochoa and that changed the momentum of the game. The ensuing PI drive resulted in a TD with just under six minutes to play, and the two point conversion gave the Tarpons a 14-13 lead, their first lead of the game. Blake answered back on the very next offensive play, going some 60 yards for the score. AP was up 19-14, but PI came back a couple minutes later and retook the lead, 20-19, with about three minutes to play. The Panthers got the ball back and went to work, driving to the PI 29. Facing a fourth-and-seven with about a minute to play, AP quarterback John David Heard found Tyler Ogle on the sideline seven yards upfield. Ogle hauled in the catch and went out of bounds. He was inches short of the first down marker. Blake gained 168 yards and Hale had 71 on the night. But they didn't capitalize when they needed to. The Panthers outgained the Tarpons 274-167 on the ground and 353-259 overall, but PI managed to pull off the win.
Wow you have a great memory! I remember seeing them (AP) when they first got on the field and being awed at their size, of the majority if not all of the players, even the QB was huge! Tarpons looked so small in comparison to them. I have those highlights of the game, well that year. I remember one play where one of our smallest player, #17 Joe Arevalo, went right at him (Blake) and his helmet hit Blake right on his stomach and Joe just bounced back a few yards and fell, but stopped him & then Blake signaled to get out/sub out. Tarpons never stopped him, (you don’t stop someone like that) but they contained him enough to make a difference, he was with less than 100 yards going into the 4th until he made that 60 yards sprint. Don’t know how PI managed that win, they were under sized and out manned, but then again that’s what PI football is all about. Playing tough NO MATTER what. especially if they’re the underdogs. I recall that int. now, you’re right it gave the Tarpons the momentum. You know a lot of this years players are still on the team, they were “sensational sophomores” then, now they are seniors, (Like Johnny “Nitro” Nieto & Frankie Herrera, where were starters then) and Orlando Ochoa is our starting QB this year and still plays defense as well, oh and is our punter (all-starter). We had a young team then, but they still did great, improving each year, only time will tell what they accomplish as Seniors.

AP Panther Fan
11-09-2004, 10:08 AM
Footballgal, Russ has the advantage....he was our local sportswriter. Not sure if his memory is that good....come on Russ, you still have the article don't you?:D :D :D

AP Panther Fan
11-09-2004, 10:10 AM
i have to agree on the Goliad score 66....i was shocked when i learned what the final was (i know i know...i wasnt there...i was on a hunting trip!)

I was not shocked at all, I repeat...at all! Goliad is lucky to be in the playoffs based on what I saw.;)

IHStangFan
11-09-2004, 10:10 AM
Footballgal, Russ has the advantage....he was our local sportswriter. Not sure if his memory is that good....come on Russ, you still have the article don't you?:D :D :D LOL or hes one hellova googler!

footballgal
11-09-2004, 10:11 AM
LOL or hes one hellova googler!

LOL:D Good one Russ, you got me there! :clap:

IHStangFan
11-09-2004, 10:12 AM
I was not shocked at all, I repeat...at all! Goliad is lucky to be in the playoffs based on what I saw.;) oh really?? i never got to see them play...i was just going based off of how some of their final scores turned out....didnt they play Sinton pretty tough?

AP Panther Fan
11-09-2004, 10:15 AM
I don't think Sinton could have been firing on all four. Goliad beat us 33-28, it was back and forth the entire game. Their #22 ran the same play over and over and over and our Coach couldn't figure out how to stop him!:foul: :mad: :mad:

IHStangFan
11-09-2004, 10:17 AM
I don't think Sinton could have been firing on all four. Goliad beat us 33-28, it was back and forth the entire game. Their #22 ran the same play over and over and over and our Coach couldn't figure out how to stop him!:foul: :mad: :mad: ah, i gotcha. i didnt get to see the IHS/Goliad game :(

Phil C
As AP said Goliad barely beat AP. They fought hard against Sinton but then they must have let up. For example they just barely beat Mathis by one point and then Ingleside killed them so I don't think they are at the level they played against Sinton. I think Devine will beat them as much as I hate to pick against a team in the district.

sinton66
Yeah, they did give us some trouble in the first half. They had changed what they had been doing on film, so it took Sinton a little while to adjust. Our coaches said they weren't doing anything they had shown on the films we obtained.

AP Panther Fan
11-09-2004, 10:20 AM
I hear ya! They are darn lucky to be there and unfortunately, I don't think they will make it past this first round.:(

IHStangFan
11-09-2004, 10:21 AM
Yeah, they did in the first half. They had changed what they had been doing on film, so it took Sinton a little while to adjust. Our coaches said they weren't doing anything they had shown on the films we obtained. ah, okay, that makes sense. i still didnt expect the big win Ingleside had over them...i kinda expected alot closer of a game. i think the Ingleside D has started to come around at just the right time. Sinton beat Ingleside w/ not only speed, but mainly depth (or thats how i saw it anyway) IHS boys just got tired and then Sinton just cruized away w/ it. and poor Aransas had less depth than Ingleside had.

AP Panther Fan
11-09-2004, 10:25 AM
That's putting it mildly. Aransas Pass has less players on their entire team than Sinton had seniors.:(

IHStangFan
11-09-2004, 10:26 AM
That's putting it mildly. Aransas Pass has less players on their entire team than Sinton had seniors.:( yeah, yall really lacked depth this year..and i think thats one of the main things that hurt the Panthers.

sinton fan04
11-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Know excuses Sinton is better,even if we had the same number of players. We had players playing both offense and defense, don't you think you would be tired if you were being held all night like number 11. ;)

IHStangFan
11-09-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by sinton fan04
Know excuses Sinton is better,even if we had the same number of players. We had players playing both offense and defense, don't you think you would be tired if you were being held all night like number 11. ;) LOL...ah come on..give us a LITTLE credit i think we played Sinton way tougher than the score reflected at the end. that coach in Ingleside is doing great things! we're graduating alot of seniors though :( i'm already looking forward to next year's meeting though :)

big daddy russ
11-09-2004, 10:52 AM
Footballgal, Russ has the advantage....he was our local sportswriter. Not sure if his memory is that good....come on Russ, you still have the article don't you?:D :D :D
It might be somewhere in my portfolio.:D :D :D

AP Panther Fan
11-09-2004, 10:55 AM

Ha, I knew it! We haven't had any good sportswriters in so long ... it made me miss the good 'ol days!:D

big daddy russ
11-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Ha, I knew it! We haven't had any good sportswriters in so long ... it made me miss the good 'ol days!:D
It's good to know that I'm missed.:D

big daddy russ
11-09-2004, 11:15 AM
BTW, I really thought AP was going to win state that year. They had the talent, they were big, and the defense was coming around. Bandera was a similar team to AP, but smaller. If the Panthers would've made it past the Tarpons, the only two teams that would've matched up with them the rest of the way would have been Marlin (who had an early exit, too) and Midland Greenwood. AP averaged a legitimate 6-3, 250 across the line, and had a 6-3, 200 QB and a 6-4, 225 RB. They were probably the biggest team in 3A that year. I know they were the biggest I saw (including Burnet, Jasper and Everman) and were BIGGER than even 4A D-II Finalist Brenham, 4A D-II Semifinalist Gregory-Portland, and 4A D-I Quarterfinalists Calallen.

sinton fan04
11-09-2004, 11:19 AM
Yall have a good team, the refs played us tough i mean the mustangs lol. So if Ingleside had depth and yall still lost what would be the next excuse speed,talent or the time off lol. don't take what i say the personal just having a good time i'm at work bored.;)

IHStangFan
11-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Yall have a good team, the refs played us tough i mean the mustangs lol. So if Ingleside had depth and yall still lost what would be the next excuse speed,talent or the time off lol. don't take what i say the personal just having a good time i'm at work bored.;) LOL...nah, you got it...nothing personal here. i really think if IHS has a little more depth it'd make them a much better team. not saying that they'd of beat Sinton even w/ a few more fresh jerseys....but it'd of definately helped!! LOL.

big daddy russ
11-09-2004, 11:23 AM
Yall have a good team, the refs played us tough i mean the mustangs lol. So if Ingleside had depth and yall still lost what would be the next excuse speed,talent or the time off lol. don't take what i say the personal just having a good time i'm at work bored.;)
Sinton outplayed us, but don't blame the refs for you guys not pulling away during the first half. The refs weren't one-sided in their suckiness.

sinton fan04
11-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Koooooooollllll:) :)

99IHSMustang
11-09-2004, 11:33 AM
BTW, I really thought AP was going to win state that year. They had the talent, they were big, and the defense was coming around. Bandera was a similar team to AP, but smaller. If the Panthers would've made it past the Tarpons, the only two teams that would've matched up with them the rest of the way would have been Marlin (who had an early exit, too) and Midland Greenwood. AP averaged a legitimate 6-3, 250 across the line, and had a 6-3, 200 QB and a 6-4, 225 RB. They were probably the biggest team in 3A that year. I know they were the biggest I saw (including Burnet, Jasper and Everman) and were BIGGER than even 4A D-II Finalist Brenham, 4A D-II Semifinalist Gregory-Portland, and 4A D-I Quarterfinalists Calallen.

What year were you referreing to?

sinton fan04
11-09-2004, 11:35 AM
I heard that Ingleside put Goliads RB out of the game they took him on the meat wagon, they better hope he can play next game.

IHStangFan
11-09-2004, 11:36 AM
I heard that Ingleside put Goliads RB out of the game they took him on the meat wagon, they better hope he can play next game. yeah, but they put Zach Adams (our leading WR) outa the game w/ a serious concussion though too :(

AP Panther Fan
11-09-2004, 11:36 AM
Just goes to show you .... size isn't everything.:(

What is unfortunate though, is that those young men haven't gone any further from what I hear.

99IHSMustang
11-09-2004, 11:45 AM
Has anyone heard if they are going to be able to play in there upcoming games?

IHStangFan
11-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Has anyone heard if they are going to be able to play in there upcoming games? my cousin dates Zack, i'll ask her today.

99IHSMustang
11-10-2004, 08:57 AM
my cousin dates Zack, i'll ask her today.

Hey IHS were you able to find out if Zach is going to be able to play on Friday?

IHStangFan
11-10-2004, 08:59 AM
Hey IHS were you able to find out if Zach is going to be able to play on Friday? i ended up and didnt get to see her yesterday...but i saw Zack in town putting gas in his truck and he SEEMED to be fine.....i will try to find out ASAP.

big daddy russ
11-10-2004, 09:40 AM
What year were you referreing to?
2002. They had Tommy Blake running the ball and John David Heard chunking it. Heard had an arm on him, too, and was your prototypical big boy pocket passer, but he could still do some damage with his feet. For a kid that big, he was pretty quick- ran about a 4.9.

99IHSMustang
11-10-2004, 09:50 AM
2002. They had Tommy Blake running the ball and John David Heard chunking it. Heard had an arm on him, too, and was your prototypical big boy pocket passer, but he could still do some damage with his feet. For a kid that big, he was pretty quick- ran about a 4.9.

Oh Snap... That was the year that Ingleside lost to them by a yard... literally. It was the last play of the game and Ingleside just scored and could have kicked the extra point to tie the game but they decided to go ahead and go for 2 and Brian Chapman (RB) fell short of crossing the line of scrimmage and the game was over. AP won. That knocked Inlgeside out.

IHStangFan
11-10-2004, 09:55 AM
Oh Snap... That was the year that Ingleside lost to them by a yard... literally. It was the last play of the game and Ingleside just scored and could have kicked the extra point to tie the game but they decided to go ahead and go for 2 and Brian Chapman (RB) fell short of crossing the line of scrimmage and the game was over. AP won. That knocked Inlgeside out. thats the game BC fumbled on the sideline when he was ALL alone.....30 yrds ahead of ANYONE...and FUMBLED!! grrrrrr...and he NEVER fumbled!

99IHSMustang
11-10-2004, 10:00 AM
thats the game BC fumbled on the sideline when he was ALL alone.....30 yrds ahead of ANYONE...and FUMBLED!! grrrrrr...and he NEVER fumbled!

Yep, My cousin was on the team that year as a Sr. He told me that BC was just switching the ball from his left hand to his right hand and well... you know the rest. They gave him such a hard time becuase if you look at it that cost them the game. But, mistakes are factor in a game with 2 very good teams.

footballgal
11-10-2004, 10:07 AM
2002. ...John David Heard chunking it. Heard had an arm on him, too, and was your prototypical big boy pocket passer ....

Yeah, he was impressive looking QB, and like you said he was your portotypical big boy pocket passer. How tall was he? Lando Ochoa (Tarpons QB) this year looks similar to him, but he is not as thick as Heard was and like Heard he can run the ball, just read in the paper this morning, he has like 973 yards rushing.

99IHSMustang
11-10-2004, 10:12 AM
Yeah, he was impressive looking QB, and like you said he was your portotypical big boy pocket passer. How tall was he? Lando Ochoa (Tarpons QB) this year looks similar to him, but he is not as thick as Heard was and like Heard he can run the ball, just read in the paper this morning, he has like 973 yards rushing.

Ingleside QB (Randy Webb) has 1124 yards rushing and 1393 yards passing as reported by www.caller.com

AP Panther Fan
11-10-2004, 10:17 AM
Randy Webb's running skills exceed his passing skills. He is very quick on his feet and last year when he played for AP, he was consistently turning and burning his opponents.:D

IHStangFan
11-10-2004, 10:25 AM
Randy Webb's running skills exceed his passing skills. He is very quick on his feet and last year when he played for AP, he was consistently turning and burning his opponents.:D hes not only fast...but hes a very powerful runner...he is hard to bring down. he'll be wrapped up and still get another 5 yrds. very impressive young man.

99IHSMustang
11-10-2004, 10:31 AM
hes not only fast...but hes a very powerful runner...he is hard to bring down. he'll be wrapped up and still get another 5 yrds. very impressive young man.

Yes I agree with you IHS the young man has impressed me and I think he has a lot of potential. It is too bad that he was to play both ways and doesn't get enough rest sometimes.

footballgal
11-10-2004, 10:38 AM
Ingleside QB (Randy Webb) has 1124 yards rushing and 1393 yards passing as reported by www.caller.com
Wow, :eek: those are impressive numbers, that's 2517 total yards in one season! I hope that doesnt mean he is what makes the team, cause that's not a good thing against a good defense like the Tarpons "Seawall Defense".

footballgal
11-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Yes I agree with you IHS the young man has impressed me and I think he has a lot of potential. It is too bad that he was to play both ways and doesn't get enough rest sometimes. Tarpons QB Lando Ochoa, also plays both ways, he plays defense, was a very good wide reciever last year and punts (all state), he has ***** * **** this year too ;) , I almost gave away a trick play. :doh:

IHStangFan
11-10-2004, 10:42 AM
Wow, :eek: those are impressive nubmers, that's 2517 total yards in one season! I hope that doesnt mean he is what makes the team, cause that's not a good thing against a good defense like the Tarpons "Seawall Defense". LOL...not even close...a few more names for ya: Brandon Stacy, Zach Adams, Joel Johnson.

Adams has 202 yds rushing and 487 rcving
Stacy has 738 rushing, 245 rcving, and 202 passing
Johnson has 367 rcving

and those are just to name a few.

99IHSMustang
11-10-2004, 10:44 AM
Wow, :eek: those are impressive nubmers, that's 2517 total yards in one season! I hope that doesnt mean he is what makes the team, cause that's not a good thing against a good defense like the Tarpons "Seawall Defense".

Nope he sure isn't, Ingleside has 3 players that finished with the top receiving yards around our surrounding areas as according to www.caller.com. WR Zach Adams 487 yds, WR Joel Johnson 367 yds, and HB Brandon Stacy 245 yds.

99IHSMustang
11-10-2004, 10:46 AM
LOL...not even close...a few more names for ya: Brandon Stacy, Zach Adams, Joel Johnson.

Adams has 202 yds rushing and 487 rcving
Stacy has 738 rushing, 245 rcving, and 202 passing
Johnson has 367 rcving

and those are just to name a few.

Dang IHS you beat me too it.. :tongue:

IHStangFan
11-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Dang IHS you beat me too it.. :tongue: hehehehe.....well ya know...you and i are are superfans 1 and 2. :p

99IHSMustang
11-10-2004, 11:09 AM
hehehehe.....well ya know...you and i are are superfans 1 and 2. :p

I think I might be #3 becuase after all Big Daddy Russ made the bet that Ingleside would win against Sinton... and might I mention kept his end of the bargan and ate his crow. Go Big Daddy!

big daddy russ
11-10-2004, 11:10 AM
Oh Snap... That was the year that Ingleside lost to them by a yard... literally. It was the last play of the game and Ingleside just scored and could have kicked the extra point to tie the game but they decided to go ahead and go for 2 and Brian Chapman (RB) fell short of crossing the line of scrimmage and the game was over. AP won. That knocked Inlgeside out.
Actually, that was 2001... but it was the class of 2002. This was a year later. That AP team lost three major players, but that's it. RB Leon Belfon (who's loss was made bearable by Corey Hale... Hale went over 1,000 yards rushing in 2002 while Blake went over 2,000) and linemen Daniel Hillis and Greg Roach. Everybody else came back.

Ingleside should've won that game in '01. We had more talent than anybody in the district this side of Sinton. Our character killed us that year... after the AP loss our boys fell apart. That was my brother's senior year and to this day he has absolutely no idea how they lost to Mathis. One win in the final three games would have got them in.

IHStangFan
11-10-2004, 11:11 AM
what about that AP team that had Josh Bedre? THEY were badarse.

99IHSMustang
11-10-2004, 11:21 AM
Actually, that was 2001... but it was the class of 2002. This was a year later. That AP team lost three major players, but that's it. RB Leon Belfon (who's loss was made bearable by Corey Hale... Hale went over 1,000 yards rushing in 2002 while Blake went over 2,000) and linemen Daniel Hillis and Greg Roach. Everybody else came back.

Ingleside should've won that game in '01. We had more talent than anybody in the district this side of Sinton. Our character killed us that year... after the AP loss our boys fell apart. That was my brother's senior year and to this day he has absolutely no idea how they lost to Mathis. One win in the final three games would have got them in.

I talked to my cousin and he told me that he believes that they let the AP loss get to them. He said that some of them weren't playing as hard anymore. I got pissed off when he told me that. I told him that he needed to straighten up his boys.

footballgal
11-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Sounds like you have a good balance offense.

IHStangFan
11-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Sounds like you have a good balance offense. theyre not too shabby when theyre bangin on all 8 cylinders, although, Adams went outa the game against Goliad last week w/ a serious concussion. so we still dont know if hes gonna be ready to play this friday.

99IHSMustang
11-10-2004, 11:48 AM
theyre not too shabby when theyre bangin on all 8 cylinders, although, Adams went outa the game against Goliad last week w/ a serious concussion. so we still dont know if hes gonna be ready to play this friday.

Concussions aren't to be taken lightly. I hope he is doing well so that he can play.

pirate4state
11-10-2004, 11:56 AM
I'm sure most of you have seen this, but for those of you who haven't:

INGLESIDE VS. COTULLA

Having lost to Sinton in Week 9, Ingleside coach Graig Hesseltine said there was no way the team could afford to lose its season finale against Ingleside. The Mustangs responded with a 41-6 rout of the Tigers and with much needed momentum.

"That was huge," Hesseltine said. "We had to have that happen. When you're on a two-game losing streak and have no momentum, it tends to be more mental and psychological. It was also a good way to rebound from Sinton. I think we're headed in the right direction."

Cotulla (7-3) has been to the playoffs only four times in school history, while Ingleside is playing its first postseason game in nine years. Hesseltine doesn't expect The Cowboys to be another Sinton, but definitely challenging.

"They played (District 29-3A champion) Devine real close and definitely have some weapons," Hesseltine said. "They're not as good as Sinton, but a good team."

The Mustangs finished with 524 total yards last week against Goliad, so Hesseltine doesn't have to tinker with much before Friday's Div. II game at San Antonio Southwest.

"At this point we should know what we're doing," he said. "Anything that we're not doing extremely well we'll get the chance to go back during week to look at it on film and then correct it on the field."

GO MUSTANGS!! :cheerl:

IHStangFan
11-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm sure most of you have seen this, but for those of you who haven't:

INGLESIDE VS. COTULLA

Having lost to Sinton in Week 9, Ingleside coach Graig Hesseltine said there was no way the team could afford to lose its season finale against Ingleside. The Mustangs responded with a 41-6 rout of the Tigers and with much needed momentum.

"That was huge," Hesseltine said. "We had to have that happen. When you're on a two-game losing streak and have no momentum, it tends to be more mental and psychological. It was also a good way to rebound from Sinton. I think we're headed in the right direction."

Cotulla (7-3) has been to the playoffs only four times in school history, while Ingleside is playing its first postseason game in nine years. Hesseltine doesn't expect The Cowboys to be another Sinton, but definitely challenging.

"They played (District 29-3A champion) Devine real close and definitely have some weapons," Hesseltine said. "They're not as good as Sinton, but a good team."

The Mustangs finished with 524 total yards last week against Goliad, so Hesseltine doesn't have to tinker with much before Friday's Div. II game at San Antonio Southwest.

"At this point we should know what we're doing," he said. "Anything that we're not doing extremely well we'll get the chance to go back during week to look at it on film and then correct it on the field."

GO MUSTANGS!! :cheerl: thanks p4s...i hadnt gotten a chance to look at the paper yet this morning.

99IHSMustang
11-10-2004, 12:16 PM
Yeah thanks P4S for the article and your support .

Kool Tarpon 21
11-10-2004, 12:35 PM
Good luck to both teams. I'm hoping on a Mustang win though. I sure would like to see them play Port Isabel, that is if we win Friday. You never know what can happen. Peace up, A-Town down.

99IHSMustang
11-10-2004, 03:03 PM
I wonder what attendance at this game is going to look like. hmmmm... My girlfriend worked 1 mile away from this school and she told me that the Southwest's Dragon Stadium is nice. I can't wait!

GOFOR2
11-10-2004, 03:29 PM
If Cotulla's defense is anything like Ingleside's look for a shootout.
Cotulla runs out of time and doesnt get to score.
Ingleside 52
Cotulla 49

99IHSMustang
11-10-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
If Cotulla's defense is anything like Ingleside's look for a shootout.
Cotulla runs out of time and doesnt get to score.
Ingleside 52
Cotulla 49

Hey GOFOR2 are you the one that said Goliad was going to beat Ingleside.. I don't think that there is going to be that much scoring especially since Sinton didn't even score 49 points on us.

GOFOR2
11-10-2004, 03:38 PM
ok, so i missed the score, but what is the deal with comparing yourselves or other teams to Sinton.
I wish you well and hope you guys do well, because this will be your last run for a while.

99IHSMustang
11-10-2004, 03:47 PM
ok, so i missed the score, but what is the deal with comparing yourselves or other teams to Sinton.
I wish you well and hope you guys do well, because this will be your last run for a while.

What are you talking about? I said that Sinton did not score 49 points on us they scored 45. So where do you derive your logic about Cotulla scoring 49 points when Sinton, a very good team, didn't even do that. I think you should have your head examined.

Doon
11-10-2004, 04:02 PM
because this will be your last run for a while.

There is a ton of talent coming back and coming up. Just the beginning.

Also, what's wrong with comparing your team to the best in the area. Got to have a measuring stick and Sinton is just that.

AP Panther Fan
11-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Doon

Also, what's wrong with comparing your team to the best in the area. Got to have a measuring stick and Sinton is just that.

Yep, a "really big" stick.:)

99IHSMustang
11-10-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Doon

Absolutely right Doon. I heard that even the freshman are looking really good! As for GOFOR2 he is just blowing smoke out of his rear end.

footballgal
11-10-2004, 04:38 PM
I hadn't seen it , so thanks!

GOFOR2
11-10-2004, 07:23 PM
Absolutely right Doon. I heard that even the freshman are looking really good! As for GOFOR2 he is just blowing smoke out of his rear end.

Isnt that the same freshman team that got beat by Sinton's Freshman teams 38 to 12 or something like that?

footballgal
11-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Hey Buddy, BDR!

I don't have a portfolio, but I did have this saved in my favorites, I knew I did so tonight I looked and there it was.

http://sports.myrgv.com/football/story.php?SID=9806&TypeId=1

http://sports.myrgv.com/football/story.php?SID=9808&TypeId=1

IHStangFan
11-11-2004, 12:50 PM
Isnt that the same freshman team that got beat by Sinton's Freshman teams 38 to 12 or something like that? you mean before or after they started taking all of the freshmen that excelled and moved them up to JV and Varsity....we dont have the luxury of having Sinton's numbers on the sideline...we have to mix teams.....and i'd still say we do pretty good.

99IHSMustang
11-11-2004, 01:00 PM
It's nice to be off isn't IHS?

GOFOR2
11-11-2004, 02:18 PM
you mean before or after they started taking all of the freshmen that excelled and moved them up to JV and Varsity....we dont have the luxury of having Sinton's numbers on the sideline...we have to mix teams.....and i'd still say we do pretty good.

blah, blah, blah, blah

IHStangFan
11-11-2004, 02:51 PM
It's nice to be off isn't IHS? you know it brotha!

oh...and GOFOR2....piss off, if all your good for is stirring the pot..maybe we can see about getting rid of you around here.....permanently. ive never seen you make one post...not ONE...that contributes anything to this site....you just run your mouth, and try to get people fired up. think i'm gonna drop the admin a line or two. enjoy your day.

99IHSMustang
11-11-2004, 02:59 PM
you know it brotha!

oh...and GOFOR2....piss off, if all your good for is stirring the pot..maybe we can see about getting rid of you around here.....permanently. ive never seen you make one post...not ONE...that contributes anything to this site....you just run your mouth, and try to get people fired up. think i'm gonna drop the admin a line or two. enjoy your day.

Good Idea .... Ranger Mawww... Shall we make GOFOR2 another Quailkiller?

GOFOR2
11-11-2004, 03:02 PM
you know it brotha!

that is pretty mature of you.
i am not the one who has resorted to intimidation or threats.
if you dont like or value my opinions you dont have to reply, simple as that. This is America, and last I checked I can say what I like so long as it does not invade the privacy of others or injures others. You offer points and I offer counterpoints. I think you are the type of person who can dish it out but doesnt like to that it.
I am done with you and dont have to reply to any of my posts, my feelings wont be hurt. Have a good day.

GOFOR2
11-11-2004, 03:03 PM
if you dont like or value my opinions you dont have to reply, simple as that. This is America, and last I checked I can say what I like so long as it does not invade the privacy of others or injures others. You offer points and I offer counterpoints. I think you are the type of person who can dish it out but doesnt like to that it.
I am done with you and dont have to reply to any of my posts, my feelings wont be hurt. Have a good day.

I think you are the type of person who can dish it out but doesnt like to take it.

IHStangFan
11-11-2004, 03:06 PM
I am done with you and dont have to reply to any of my posts, my feelings wont be hurt. Have a good day. LOL...oh, a reaction.......inmature of ME? shall i go back and cut and paste most of your comments aimed at me over the last month or so?? then i think we'll all see who is the one who needs to grow up. and dont preach to me about America and rights...have YOU ever fought for your country or your rights? because i have...and nothing pisses me off more..than to hear some joe schmoe preaching about HIS rights that I fought for. so dont come at me w/ that crap.

99IHSMustang
11-11-2004, 03:10 PM
I think you are the type of person who can dish it out but doesnt like to take it.

It really doesn't have anything to do with not being able to take it? IHS was pointing out that you have nothing positive to say. On the other hand we praise teams who have beaten us and give congrats to teams that are in the playoffs. You on the other hand are making slandering remarks and just like to get a rise out of what people are going to say. The post was for thoughts on the Ingleside -vs- Cotulla game, not for people who are going to say something bad about a future team.

99IHSMustang
11-11-2004, 03:12 PM
LOL...oh, a reaction.......inmature of ME? shall i go back and cut and paste most of your comments aimed at me over the last month or so?? then i think we'll all see who is the one who needs to grow up. and dont preach to me about America and rights...have YOU ever fought for your country or your rights? because i have...and nothing pisses me off more..than to hear some joe schmoe preaching about HIS rights that I fought for. so dont come at me w/ that crap.

:clap:

big daddy russ
11-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Hey Gofor2... you still in HS?

RiverRat19
11-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Neither team is a defensive giant and can score... the over/under could really be in trouble.

If Ingleside's depth right now is an issue and the have many Frosh/Sophs playing Varsity.... their JV could be in trouble by the time they are Varsity players. Especially if they got beat in district by a team of all Freshmen.... :eek:

I've played through "depth issues" and it can be tough when you don't have the class of 18-25 players every year to refill the seniors graduating.

If that's what the Stangs are dealing with- the playoffs may not be an annual event to look forward to for them.....

IHStangFan
11-11-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by RiverRat19
Neither team is a defensive giant and can score... the over/under could really be in trouble.

If Ingleside's depth right now is an issue and the have many Frosh/Sophs playing Varsity.... their JV could be in trouble by the time they are Varsity players. Especially if they got beat in district by a team of all Freshmen.... :eek:

I've played through "depth issues" and it can be tough when you don't have the class of 18-25 players every year to refill the seniors graduating.

If that's what the Stangs are dealing with- the playoffs may not be an annual event to look forward to for them..... yup....i think it has alot to do w/ the outgoing coaching staff that was running the show the last handful of years.....that head coach was HORRIBLE and none of the kids wanted to play for him. this year, we have a new coach, the team has already done a 180 from last year, i think the turnout next year will be a bit better if i had to guess. Ingleside has a bad habbit of pulling up young players to fill holes on varsity. pretty soon there is no "freshman" team, the JV team is all freshmen, and all the JV and freshman players that are worth a crap are suited up for varsity. its a vicioius cycle. ;)

big daddy russ
11-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by RiverRat19

If that's what the Stangs are dealing with- the playoffs may not be an annual event to look forward to for them..... Actually, in this case it's a good thing. They'll have a more talented team next year than they had this year. At least four of Ingleside's absolute studs are freshmen or sophomores and the key losses will be scattered along the lines, our QB (well, one of them), and our best defensive player (an undersized linebacker). The only player who is absolutely irreplaceable is Webb, but we'll have a more-than-adequate replacement.

As far as having only 20 players to line up every year, that's just the symptoms of an underacheiving program. You look across the state and 95% of the losing programs out there have that problem. It isn't exclusive to Ingleside. When the kids at the lower levels begin to get excited about playing football you'll start to have larger turnouts. That's just the way it is. Football becomes more fun. Remember, Ingleside and Sinton high schools are about the same size, so we have the student base to make it work. I'd be willing to bet that you'll see a sizeable turnout for next year's freshmen class. You'll also see a few players who had dropped out of football pop back into the program.

Ingleside's growing pretty fast. In the past six years, the size of the school has gone from about 490 to 610. The talent will keep coming... we have a great pee wee program (some people overlook development at that age) and the junior high program is pretty stout, too. Hesseltine's enthusiasm brought a lot of excitement to the high school team, and that's the shot in the arm they needed.

99IHSMustang
11-11-2004, 06:24 PM
Actually, in this case it's a good thing. They'll have a more talented team next year than they had this year. At least four of Ingleside's absolute studs are freshmen or sophomores and the key losses will be scattered along the lines, our QB (well, one of them), and our best defensive player (an undersized linebacker). The only player who is absolutely irreplaceable is Webb, but we'll have a more-than-adequate replacement.

As far as having only 20 players to line up every year, that's just the symptoms of an underacheiving program. You look across the state and 95% of the losing programs out there have that problem. It isn't exclusive to Ingleside. When the kids at the lower levels begin to get excited about playing football you'll start to have larger turnouts. That's just the way it is. Football becomes more fun. Remember, Ingleside and Sinton high schools are about the same size, so we have the student base to make it work. I'd be willing to bet that you'll see a sizeable turnout for next year's freshmen class. You'll also see a few players who had dropped out of football pop back into the program.

Ingleside's growing pretty fast. In the past six years, the size of the school has gone from about 490 to 610. The talent will keep coming... we have a great pee wee program (some people overlook development at that age) and the junior high program is pretty stout, too. Hesseltine's enthusiasm brought a lot of excitement to the high school team, and that's the shot in the arm they needed.

Well put Russ! :clap:

99IHSMustang
11-12-2004, 09:19 AM
Well, it looks like it is game day and we are in for some cold football weather today. I hope everyone who goes to the game has a safe trip up to SA.

IHStangFan
11-12-2004, 09:24 AM
yup...everyone be careful! and DAMN i hope it doesnt rain tonight. theres MUCH football to watch, much riverwalk to .....walk, and many margaritas that'll be calling my name!! :D

sinton fan04
11-12-2004, 09:34 AM
99 mustang sinton would of scored 52 if it wasn't for the refs calling one back. 49 ,45 whats the difference 4 points you make me laugh, remember Franco did'nt run the ball the last drive. It doesn't make me mad if you said they didn't but don't say they couldn't.

IHStangFan
11-12-2004, 09:35 AM
99 mustang sinton would of scored 52 if it wasn't for the refs calling one back. 49 ,45 whats the difference 4 points you make me laugh, remember Franco did'nt run the ball the last drive. It doesn't make me mad if you said they didn't but don't say they couldn't. WHOA...holy late comer Batman. some of you Sinton fans crack me up. doht forget Ingleside had one or hell..was it TWO called back as well. good luck to yall tonight.

99IHSMustang
11-12-2004, 09:36 AM
99 mustang sinton would of scored 52 if it wasn't for the refs calling one back. 49 ,45 whats the difference 4 points you make me laugh, remember Franco did'nt run the ball the last drive. It doesn't make me mad if you said they didn't but don't say they couldn't.

Uhh.. OK. Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

sinton fan04
11-12-2004, 09:37 AM
My bad you didn't say they couldn't but they way you wrote it it seems that way, i'm sorry.:(

big daddy russ
11-12-2004, 09:38 AM
That's good to know sintonfan04.

big daddy russ
11-12-2004, 09:40 AM
My bad you didn't say they couldn't but they way you wrote it it seems that way, i'm sorry.:(
It's all good.

IHStangFan
11-12-2004, 09:40 AM
My bad you didn't say they couldn't but they way you wrote it it seems that way, i'm sorry.:( question....where are you guys playing tonight?? i wonder how close it is to where we are playing?? what are all of the Sinton fans doing after the game??

99IHSMustang
11-12-2004, 09:43 AM
My bad you didn't say they couldn't but the way you wrote it it seems that way, i'm sorry.:(

No big Deal, :D Good Luck tonight SINTON PIRATES!

GOFOR2
11-12-2004, 09:52 AM
WHOA...holy late comer Batman. some of you Sinton fans crack me up. doht forget Ingleside had one or hell..was it TWO called back as well. good luck to yall tonight.

Let it go guys, its like way over now.
Two weeks old.

GOFOR2
11-12-2004, 09:53 AM
Thats in the books, we no longer play each other until next year.
We each have bigger fish to fry now.

IHStangFan
11-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Let it go guys, its like way over now.
Two weeks old. youre right GF2. its pretty much assumed yall are gonna win the 1st round...who are the potential matchups for you guys in the 2nd round??

RiverRat19
11-12-2004, 11:07 AM
Actually, in this case it's a good thing. They'll have a more talented team next year than they had this year. At least four of Ingleside's absolute studs are freshmen or sophomores and the key losses will be scattered along the lines, our QB (well, one of them), and our best defensive player (an undersized linebacker). The only player who is absolutely irreplaceable is Webb, but we'll have a more-than-adequate replacement.

That's a real dangerous thing- they should be better the next year. Only problem will be who's going to be around them. "Studs" who don't have a supporting cast can only carry a team so far.... Yes, they'll be better but how much better will everyone else be?

Programs that struggle get little interest, true.

The area should grow and there will be more talent. If things are done right, it could be a much stronger program in the future.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the pee wee program. Pee wee programs usually only teach cheerleaders how to yell and parents how to look at their kids who "play" football unrealistically. Hopefully, y'all's is better than that.