PDA

View Full Version : Burnet/Bandera

bulldawg55_8
10-15-2002, 10:58 PM
Well this is the one everyone has been waiting for. We have watched Burnet's film and boy do they have a good team. We know Burnet is going to come out gunning but so are we. Everyone knows this game doesnt count as anything but there is still that will to win. Good luck to everyone and best of luck to Burnet.

By the way..what is everyones picks for this game!

greendog fan
10-16-2002, 05:15 AM
bulldawg55_8:
Well this is the one everyone has been waiting for. We have watched Burnet's film and boy do they have a good team. We know Burnet is going to come out gunning but so are we. Everyone knows this game doesnt count as anything but there is still that will to win. Good luck to everyone and best of luck to Burnet.

By the way..what is everyones picks for this game!What do you mean this game doesnt count as anything? This should be for the district title and a bye week before the play off. I think it means alot to both teams. If Burnet is playing up to their capibilty, I,ll say Burnet by 10

BULLDOGFAN
10-16-2002, 12:22 PM
Yeah num-nut's enlighten us with why this game doesn't mean anything?

HornetPride
10-16-2002, 01:02 PM
greendog fan:

bulldawg55_8:

By the way..what is everyones picks for this game!What do you mean this game doesnt count as anything? This should be for the district title and a bye week before the play off. I think it means alot to both teams. If Burnet is playing up to their capibilty, I,ll say Burnet by 10Yep, you see, Liberty Hill still not getting the respect they've earned.

Bandera 22, Burnet 21

bd0707
10-16-2002, 01:15 PM
yup, when it comes to learning about respect, you da man, you da guru...................notttttt

Old Dog
10-16-2002, 04:55 PM
How is Bandera's overall team speed?

topdawg
10-16-2002, 07:34 PM
im sayin burnet by 10

bulldawg55_8
10-16-2002, 08:04 PM
Ok for ya'll who are a little hard headed...what i meant by it doesn't meen anything is that we don't have to beat Burnet to get to the playoffs. Yes we want to beat them but if we lose it isn't going to affect our outcome. Who cares about some measly district championship..we care about what happens after district and to get there you have to take care of the games that really matter.

By the way Bandera's speed is moderate, have a few guys that run in the 4.5 range but that is it. But hey it isn't all about speed!

Ozzy
10-16-2002, 08:26 PM
I've been talking to some friends in Bandera, and they say the boys are ready. They think Burnet is waaaaay overrated. They say that Burnet has problems being consistent, especially in the O-line. They expect to be in Burnet's backfield all night long. And as for Burnet's running game, they say it will be non-existent. Strength on strength, Bandera takes the prize. They also think that they can match up with Burnet's receivers one-on-one and put enormous pressure on the QB, forcing bad passes and int's. Burnet's defense can't match up to Bandera's power game or passing game. They say Bandera by 14+. Wish I could be there, but I'm on the road again.

jimmy43
10-16-2002, 08:27 PM
I love how you call a district championship measly and I guess winning isn't that important to you. You might want to make it important. Oh yea i do agree that speed isn't everything. Liberty Hill only has one 4.4 and a couple 4.5s and we are rolling along. On the subject of the prediction on the Bandera Burnet game, Burnet better win by a couple td's or they can kiss the district championship goodbye. (if it matters to them, i bet you that it does.)

BULLDOGFAN
10-17-2002, 09:23 AM
Well I hope you come to your senses and realize that every game counts. Winners only beleive in winning and never justify a loss for whatever reason.

That being said, there is no doubt in my mind that you guys can win Friday night. I have watched you guys play since grade school and you have always played as winners. Yes some of the recent games were a little ugly but the time to produce is now.

Play solid. Play smart. And swarm.

Good luck...

PantherEatDog
10-17-2002, 05:24 PM
I watched some film on Bandera today and there running back is awsome. I BUrnet lets up just a little on D, Touchdown Bandera.

Good Luck Bandera!

29x281
10-17-2002, 05:43 PM
Ozzy, I'm guessing Bandera will not attempt to cover Shipley 1-on-1. If so, then either Bandera has a Div.1 recruit at CB or they haven't watched any film. That's suicide.

greendog fan
10-17-2002, 06:10 PM
bulldawg55_8:
Ok for ya'll who are a little hard headed...what i meant by it doesn't meen anything is that we don't have to beat Burnet to get to the playoffs. Yes we want to beat them but if we lose it isn't going to affect our outcome. Who cares about some measly district championship..we care about what happens after district and to get there you have to take care of the games that really matter.

By the way Bandera's speed is moderate, have a few guys that run in the 4.5 range but that is it. But hey it isn't all about speed!Are you sure you dont have to beat Burnet to get to the playoffs? Guess you are saying is that when ya,ll lose to Burnet, all the other teams in district is just going to bow down to ya,ll and let you have 2nd or 3rd in district.I agree that winning district is not everthing since 3 teams go to the playoffs, but that week off for winning district should mean a lot.Gives you time to heal all your nagging little injurys. Still say Burnet by at least 10

PantherEatDog
10-17-2002, 06:10 PM
You dont have to be awsome and blessed with speed to cover Shipley! you just have to play smart football. I hate all this hipe about Burnets football players! Are they Being looked at by colleges? If so who?

greendog fan
10-17-2002, 06:16 PM
PantherEatDog:
You dont have to be awsome and blessed with speed to cover Shipley! you just have to play smart football. I hate all this hipe about Burnets football players! Are they Being looked at by colleges? If so who?How are ya,ll planning to cover Shipley? Play 20 yards of of him? I think he will be happy catching those 10, 15 yard passes. With his speed he can turn those in to 30 40 50 yards runs. What is smart football any ways?

PantherEatDog
10-17-2002, 06:23 PM
Last year we had a corner who playe dvery smart football. He played perfect football with shipley and intercepted a pass agianst him. He ran about a 4.9 and was a sophmore. Smart football is making big plays without HUGE talent. eek!

Shotgun73
10-17-2002, 07:27 PM
PantherEatDog:
Last year we had a corner who playe dvery smart football. He played perfect football with shipley and intercepted a pass agianst him. He ran about a 4.9 and was a sophmore. Smart football is making big plays without HUGE talent. eek! What was the score last year?

lildawg07
10-17-2002, 08:37 PM
I think Bunet will win by 10.

Ozzy
10-17-2002, 08:38 PM
Greendog-

don't mean to dis you but i've got to correct you: there is not by in the football playoffs. The biggest school of the top 3 qualifiers goes to Division I, the other 2 go to Division II. The D2 qualifier that finished higher goes and the #1 seed. Burnet will go Division I, and the other 2 qualifiers will go D2.

29x281
10-17-2002, 08:45 PM
PantherEatDog:

What was the score of Burnet v Liberty Hill last year? A quick glance at the DataPoll archives tells me it was 54-7, Burnet.

Not that the score makes any difference this year, but if you're trying to imply that LH successfully defended Shipley in the 01 game with "smart" play, then I'm guessing maybe it was at the expense of covering Burnet's other options.

LH_PANTHER
10-17-2002, 09:06 PM
The kid Panthereatdog was talking about didn't start. He came in and did a good job of covering Shipley. He ran toe to toe with him and snagged the interception. He is just saying that if any team in our district plays Burnet smart they can at least slow them down. I don't think you can completly stop Burnet. All you can do is slow them down and take them out of their game. The first thing Liberty Hill needs to do with Burnet is not worry about them untill the week we play them. Right now it is Ingrams turn to get beat down.

jimmy43
10-17-2002, 10:23 PM
LH you are right Ingram has about 21 hours till beat down. and for 29x281, shipley caught i think two tds, in the corner of the inzone. the rest of the scores were on kickoff and punt return (mostly sophmores). get off shipley's nuts.

29x281
10-17-2002, 11:04 PM
You're right, 2 TDs isn't very good. What was I thinking?

Pandora
10-17-2002, 11:54 PM
Burnet had better be ready; Bandera would love to beat them on their own field. By the way Ozzy, are you going to watch the Stephenville v. Brownwood game? I hear it is going to be wild.

BurnetDawg
10-18-2002, 07:23 PM
I just wanted to say...GO DAWGS...i know you all are good enough to beat down Ban. and LH Y'all have it in you. look at last weeks score...i just know we will be undefeated..10 and 0 baby..GO SICK 'EM DOGS! luv ya :)