PDA

View Full Version : Wharton vs. Yoakum

gamers
11-08-2004, 11:13 AM
This should be a great 1st round game. Yoakum is always solid and Wharton has a ton of great athletes. It will probably be a high scoring affair with Wharton's speed being the difference in the game. I look for Wharton to have a hand full of BIG plays throughout the game that will make the difference. If you are looking for a good game to watch on Thursday night, travel to Victoria and see this one. Go get'em Tigers.

Wharton 38
Yoakum 27

LogieJoeBean001
11-08-2004, 11:28 AM
I'm optimistic, but cautious. I never like to call a game in advance. I take into consideration all of the plus and minuses and go from there. I truly believe the Tigers are more than capable of taking this game, but they've got to come with all they've got. The teams that I've seen be successful in the past not only had great talent but were totally committed to each other as a team. This years Tiger team seems to be more of a "team" than I've seen in a while. You guys have plenty of heart, determination and you certainly click on all cylinders as a team. Put all of this together, along with all of your talent, and the Tigers will bring home a victory!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!! GO BIG BLUE!!!!!

chugbug
11-08-2004, 11:31 AM
The Tigers will win this game by 3 touchdowns. Goodluck to both teams.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :flamingma

GOFOR2
11-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Dont be surprised if we see an upset here.
Look for Yoakum to come out swinging, their discipline should be a challenge for Wharton.

pancho villa
11-08-2004, 11:40 AM
Go 25 3A

scrub c
11-08-2004, 11:47 AM
wharton by a couple of TD's

LogieJoeBean001
11-08-2004, 11:48 AM
These teams met the very first scrimmage game of this year. They both know each other so it's going to come down to who prepares the best and who wants it the most! They are both talented teams with the potential to win, or neither team would even have gotten to this point. Whichever team plays their kind of ballgame will come out on top.

44INAROW
11-08-2004, 11:59 AM
No idea who'll win the game, but I predict Yoakum's Coach will get 1 or 2 Technicals thrown on him :devil: Have a feeling the Ref's will not be as lenient during play-offs.

LogieJoeBean001
11-08-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
No idea who'll win the game, but I predict Yoakum's Coach will get 1 or 2 Technicals thrown on him :devil: Have a feeling the Ref's will not be as lenient during play-offs.

Geez 44, is the Yoakum coach that much of a hothead? That's scary! What example does this set for his players?

44INAROW
11-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
Geez 44, is the Yoakum coach that much of a hothead? That's scary! What example does this set for his players?

He is quite a character on the field. He rants and raves, it is quite a site to see.

FbCoachB40
11-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Coach Crow is very animated. I don't think that it has a negative impact on his kids though. They seem to get fired up when he gets excited. I might be wrong, but it seems to me that he is loved by his players.

scrub c
11-08-2004, 01:14 PM
how can you not like the guy?

How long was he at Wharton?

chubbed_up
11-08-2004, 01:27 PM
even though yoakum is in our district im gonna have to go for wharton in this one...they are much more disciplined than last year so im not sure what you are talking about "no discipline." ill be at the game and rooting for wharton and i think they can pull this one off with no problem thanks to that high powered offense. if trey jones gets on fire like he did against us their will be no one that can stop him.

wharton 44
yoakum 13

IHStangFan
11-08-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Look for Yoakum to come out swinging, their discipline should be a challenge for Wharton. ah crap...i actually agree w/ you on something :D

LogieJoeBean001
11-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
Coach Crow is very animated. I don't think that it has a negative impact on his kids though. They seem to get fired up when he gets excited. I might be wrong, but it seems to me that he is loved by his players.

I don't know anything about the man, nor was I trying to imply anything negative, hence the reason the question was asked of 44. The responses have helped clear up what 44 meant. Didn't even know he used to be here at Wharton. I know he hasn't been here for at least six years. If that's what it takes to get his team fired up, then go for it!

LogieJoeBean001
11-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by chubbed_up
even though yoakum is in our district im gonna have to go for wharton in this one...they are much more disciplined than last year so im not sure what you are talking about "no discipline." ill be at the game and rooting for wharton and i think they can pull this one off with no problem thanks to that high powered offense. if trey jones gets on fire like he did against us their will be no one that can stop him.

wharton 44
yoakum 13

Oh yeah, on this note...Wharton has a lot more weapons than JUST Trey Jones. This fact was proven this past Friday. If Wharton chooses to, they have the players with the talent to really mix things up. I sure wish they would!!!!! Seems like everybody only looks for #11 and #31 but there are a whole lot of other boys loaded to the gills with talent and who are disciplined and well-coached to boot!!!!

Got my playoff T-shirt and I'm ready for Thursday!!!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

GO TIGERS!!!! GO BIG BLUE!!!!

Gobbler Fan
11-08-2004, 02:51 PM
Yoakum will still be on a high after beating luling to claim the last spot in our Distric .....Yoakum by 10 ...................27-17

pancho villa
11-08-2004, 03:18 PM
To much speed
WHS 30
YHS 7

FbCoachB40
11-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Boy Pancho, it sure is nice to see us on the other end of a 30-7 game, ha

whrtntig1
11-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Crow was here too long, though others will probably disagree. Our team back then resembled Palacious in numbers. Then Huckabee didn't help either. Roberts turned the football team around and got the numbers up.

scrub c
11-08-2004, 06:23 PM
oh well good luck, represent 25AAA

rhs78
11-08-2004, 07:47 PM
i think the tigers have to much speed and a very good passing game, but the bulldogs are scrapy. this game might be closer than a lot think. tigers-28 bulldogs-24

bc 76
11-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Should be a very good game,Yoakum sort of starts the season slow and steadly get better.Come playoff time they are ready to play,Jesse Crow has a way to get the best out of his players.I would like to see Wharton win this one but they have not shown a lot as the season went on.All 6 of Wharton wins were against teams with losing records ,and they seem to have trouble with teams that like to run the ball right at you,that sort of plays in to Yoakum hands.Having said that i pick Yoakum 21-17.

olddawggreen
11-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Im going to have to pull for our old Burnet Quarterback, Jesse Crow and his team on this one. :) If the Wharton team has gained some disapline this year this should be a great game, they have always had talent. Good luck to both the teams for an injury free game. Go Bulldogs!:D

bmbf_06
11-08-2004, 11:35 PM
Oh yeah, on this note...Wharton has a lot more weapons than JUST Trey Jones. This fact was proven this past Friday. If Wharton chooses to, they have the players with the talent to really mix things up. I sure wish they would!!!!! Seems like everybody only looks for #11 and #31 but there are a whole lot of other boys loaded to the gills with talent and who are disciplined and well-coached to boot!!!!

Got my playoff T-shirt and I'm ready for Thursday!!!!
:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

GO TIGERS!!!! GO BIG BLUE!!!!

i totally agree with you logie--we have a lot of talented players... kinda wish they would mix it up a little myself. from what everyone is saying, this is destined to be a great game, i sure hope so..... all i have to say is: You know what you've got to do! GO GET 'EM TIGERS!!!!! ill be right there on the sidelines cheering ya'll on! :cheerl: :cheerl:

LogieJoeBean001
11-09-2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by scrub c
oh well good luck, represent 25AAA

We will represent 25AAA with pride and honor!

In response to an earlier post...do you have to beat teams with winning records to be considered good? Two of the four losses were within 1 to 3 points of being wins. Don't count these Tigers out and they are certainly not losers!!!! I keep hearing how Yoakum is all fired up. Don't you even think for one minute that these Tigers are not fired up too!

GO TIGERS!!!!

LogieJoeBean001
11-09-2004, 10:42 AM
C'mon all you Wharton Tiger fans, let's get fired up. Let's hear from EVERYBODY!!! Let the guys hear from you. Only two days until game day. Let me hear a great big 'ole Tiger ROAR out of all the Wharton Tiger fans out in 3adownlow land!!!

Johnnypaycheck
11-09-2004, 10:51 AM
MEOW!

LogieJoeBean001
11-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Johnnypaycheck
MEOW!

Be careful now, you're stupidity is showing!!! Be supportive of the teams here or just go be a pest somewhere else. I hear them calling you on the WC vs. Cuero threads!

honeymd
11-09-2004, 12:42 PM
LOL, that was pretty funny though.:D

bmbf_06
11-09-2004, 05:13 PM
C'mon all you Wharton Tiger fans, let's get fired up. Let's hear from EVERYBODY!!! Let the guys hear from you. Only two days until game day. Let me hear a great big 'ole Tiger ROAR out of all the Wharton Tiger fans out in 3adownlow land!!!

# 1 tiger fan right here!!! All i have to say is: TIGERS, rip 'em up! You all know you have the ability to, and you know you really want to.....ive heard from several of you guys that ya'll want to make it further this year--you will if you believe you can! just take it one game at a time and don't take anything for granted! hey BIG BLUE, we're depending on you. So come on BIG BLUE--pull through!
WHS # 1

LogieJoeBean001
11-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by bmbf_06
# 1 tiger fan right here!!! All i have to say is: TIGERS, rip 'em up! You all know you have the ability to, and you know you really want to.....ive heard from several of you guys that ya'll want to make it further this year--you will if you believe you can! just take it one game at a time and don't take anything for granted! hey BIG BLUE, we're depending on you. So come on BIG BLUE--pull through!
WHS # 1

This is the logie and bmbf_06 Tiger show!

I agree with you bmbf_06. You guys know you can do this thing...just one game at a time and take your game to a higher level each time. This is what you've been waiting a year for! Now, get the job done!!!!

GO TIGERS!!

gobbler grad
11-09-2004, 10:06 PM
He is quite a character on the field. He rants and raves, it is quite a site to see.

I'm thinking of going to this game and I was going to sit on Wharton's side , but I can really get a close up of how loud Coach Crow really is. Sometimes he can be so hilarious and can't wait for the Wharton crowd to start hollering at him for being in the middle of the field arguing with the refs. Good luck to both teams and be safe!!
oh...should be a good game, maybe Wharton by 2 tds 31-17

bc 76
11-09-2004, 10:57 PM
LJB2001,I know they lost 3 games by a few points but if your going to be a serious contender for a state championship run those games should have been won,you find ways to win not make excuses cause you played tough opponentsand lost.The first 2 teams they played were very tough,and they should have gotten better but when they played hempstead and won ugly i new this team might not win again against a team with a winning record,and the west columbia game was proof of that.I wish the tigers the best of luck against yoakum, i hope they can pull it off.

Necked
11-09-2004, 11:58 PM
Yoakum is gonna have a hard time with Whartons speed, evenmore so if the weather holds like it is. An amazing stat one of the wharton anouncers said during the Sweeny game on tsrnsports.com was that out of all the points Wharton scored up to that game, only 2 TD's were from inside the 20 yrd line. That is an amazing number of big plays! I don't think Yoakum can stand up to that kind of pressure the whole game.....

bc 76
11-10-2004, 05:50 AM
Wharton does rely on the big play that is why they run the spread offense,you usually will not see them drive the ball 80 yds for a td.But sometime that can hurt when your offense scores on 2 plays and your defense is back on the field.Maybe running the ball out of the I formation would be and option to run off some clock,that flourinor kid is made for that offense.But if Yoakum did there homework look for them to blitz the qb alot and try not to let the jones kid kill them with the pass.

LogieJoeBean001
11-10-2004, 06:09 AM
Wharton is doing their homework too! They are preparing for Yoakum, just like Yoakum is preparing for us.

Yes, bc76, Hempstead was not a pretty win, but it was a win. Sometimes these kind of games have a way of waking a team up! I think Wharton has had it's wake-up call. The guys go into a game against a team like Hempstead knowing that they are not a very good team and think that its going to be an easy game. Then they find that its not that easy and start turning it up a knotch or two. A couple of the games that have been lost have been largely to some very costly mistakes. If the Tigers go out and play a mistake-free game, they can take this thing. Besides, Memorial Stadium has been very good to the Tigers in the past. It is almost like home field for them.

I don't even want to talk about the WC game anymore. It wasn't pretty and all of the guys know it. Many have said that they sure wish they could play that one over. Hopefully there were some valuable lessons learned here and the Tigers have certainly gone on from there and put together some good wins, losing teams or not! Nothing you or anyone else can say will keep me from being behind my boys 200% and believing in them with all of my heart, win or lose!!!!

You can bet your bottom dollar that the Tigers are pumped up, fired up and will come ready to play this Thursday. These boys know that it is do or die now and one loss will be the end of the season. They are not taking anything for granted.

raider red 2000
11-10-2004, 02:10 PM
this should be a good game. i think that both teams will be ready to play and that it hopefully will be a good turn out by the supporters of both teams. the playoffs are special...i hope that there will be a big crowd. if your team isnt playing on thursday go cheer on either the tigers or the bulldogs, or just come watch a good football game. i think that it will be exciting.

Tidal Wave
11-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Wharton by 21

GoTIgers
11-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by gobbler grad
I'm thinking of going to this game and I was going to sit on Wharton's side , but I can really get a close up of how loud Coach Crow really is. Sometimes he can be so hilarious and can't wait for the Wharton crowd to start hollering at him for being in the middle of the field arguing with the refs. Good luck to both teams and be safe!!
oh...should be a good game, maybe Wharton by 2 tds 31-17

Coach Crow cannot stand ref's who do not know football rules and that lack of knowledge is allowed to became a factor in a game. "They get paid to know the rules." as Coach Crow once said. Both coaches will be in the faces of the ref's if that happens. Many times it's take Monday Booster Club slow motion to see why the the coach was up in arms. I believe they have a better view than most of us fans. Both coaches respect their players and the hard work these player put out.

I would be proud to have either on of these coaches at my side in in the Mid-East Conflict

Go Tigers

LogieJoeBean001
11-11-2004, 07:43 AM
Game day has finally arrived. It's going to be hard to concentrate today in anticipation of tonight's game. I've got to try and force myself to stay focused on what I need to accomplish today.

Come on Tigers your day has arrived. Keep fired up and get the game mind on!!! If nothing else, go out and win this one in honor of all of the former Tigers who are now serving our country in the Armed Forces on this Veteran's Day!! What an excellent tribute that would be to them and all that they do!!!!!!

whrtntig1
11-11-2004, 09:05 AM
GO TIGERS---JASON, PHILIP, CJ, ROOSEVELT, MARCUS, PIERRE, JEREMY, WES, JAKE, RUBEN, CARSON, CHAD, JONATHAN, NELSON, NICK, AND SENIORS TREY, LESLIE, CLAY, ALBERT, FELIPE, ANTHONYS F & R, PAUL, STEPHEN, TODD, JERRY, AND THE REST OF THE TEAM! WE KNOW YA'LL MAKE US PROUD! GO---FIGHT ---WIN

Masseter
11-11-2004, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
Look for Yoakum to come out swinging, their discipline should be a challenge for Wharton.

I don't see how this can be an upset no matter who wins. It's a straight up pick in one poll and Wharton by 3 in another. This is going to be a great game and I'm looking forward to see all the players on both teams to play a hell of a game.

44INAROW
11-11-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Masseter
I don't see how this can be an upset no matter who wins. It's a straight up pick in one poll and Wharton by 3 in another. This is going to be a great game and I'm looking forward to see all the players on both teams to play a hell of a game.

This should be one great ball game. Good Luck to both teams, but I am going to be a "district homer" and say Yoakum pulls it out in a squeaker.

LH Panther Mom
11-11-2004, 09:26 AM
This should be one great ball game. Good Luck to both teams, but I am going to be a "district homer" and say Yoakum pulls it out in a squeaker.

I wouldn't be at all surprised, but only because I don't know much about Wharton, other than what I read on here.

FbCoachB40
11-11-2004, 10:10 AM
Hopefully Panthermom, we will get to know each others teams real well next week. However, tonight will be a battle just like the Cuero game last year.

LogieJoeBean001
11-11-2004, 04:11 PM
We've finished Pep Rally and are on our way to Victoria!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!

bmbf_06
11-11-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by whrtntig1
GO TIGERS---JASON, PHILIP, CJ, ROOSEVELT, MARCUS, PIERRE, JEREMY, WES, JAKE, RUBEN, CARSON, CHAD, JONATHAN, NELSON, NICK, AND SENIORS TREY, LESLIE, CLAY, ALBERT, FELIPE, ANTHONYS F & R, PAUL, STEPHEN, TODD, JERRY, AND THE REST OF THE TEAM! WE KNOW YA'LL MAKE US PROUD! GO---FIGHT ---WIN

that c/o 06 crew gotta hold it down tonite! GO BIG BLUE!!!!!

CheerMom
11-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Is this game going to be on the radio?

RiverRatDad
11-11-2004, 04:34 PM
1390 AM - KULP - El Campo
92.5 FM - KYKM
99.9 FM - KTXM

Not sure where the FM stations are.

CheerMom
11-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by RiverRatDad
1390 AM - KULP - El Campo
92.5 FM - KYKM
99.9 FM - KTXM

Not sure where the FM stations are.

Thanks!!

44INAROW
11-11-2004, 04:55 PM
I can post updates if anyone wants...

Old Green
11-11-2004, 05:36 PM
who is the home team tonight?

44INAROW
11-11-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
who is the home team tonight?

Hey Old Green - I do believe Wharton is home team

Flourhead
11-11-2004, 05:40 PM
I, along with the rest of cuero, will be attending tonights matchup between the tigers of wharton high school and the bullpups of yoakum junior high school... wharton in a blowout

nexfan
11-11-2004, 05:48 PM
Whenever Wharton beats the crap out of Yoakum, yall can all tell yourselves that West Columbia beat them by 23 points, and we have to play them tomorrow!

mudcat
11-11-2004, 07:30 PM
http://www.tsrnsports.com/Broadcast/Broad-Wharton.htm

bd62
11-12-2004, 12:19 AM
well so much for wharton beating the crap out of yoakum. if was not wharton people talking that trash. i think most of them knew it was going to be a war. tks. to all the cuero people that sit on yoakum side and gave us good support. we will do the same tomorrow nite. good luck against w.c. it should be a great game.
by the way trey jones is a great q.b. yoakum just played a great second half.

CuErO's BiG "O"
11-12-2004, 01:24 AM
Yoakum Won