PDA

View Full Version : Cotulla back in the Playoffs!

intocable_cowboy
11-08-2004, 08:42 AM
“The record books will show a number reflecting a season's wins and losses. The mind will remember how you handled adversity, and those who reached down and played for pride.” – Bill Little

How bout them Cowboys!
I want to take this time to extend a big congratulations to the players and coaches of Cotulla on a great season. We believed in you when we were down 0-2, I knew we had what it took to make the comeback. Coach Booker, great job on keeping these boys heads up, you’ve coached them well. In a week when there was so much talk about possibly not making the playoffs even with a win, the Cowboys knew only one thing, they needed to close with a win, for themselves, for the fans, for the town. Pearsall had nothing to lose, it was already more than likely out of the playoff race, and so they came out primed for the upset and the chance to be the team that kept Cotulla at home. For awhile, okay, for most of the game it seemed that if Cotulla slipped up that could very well be a possibility. The first half was a shootout between the two schools, with each trading two tds a piece. It was 14-14 at the half, and so as Coach Booker had done many times, on countless Friday nights, he led his team to the locker room and made sure they understood the job they needed to do. And so it was that the Cowboys came back after the half and marched down the field to score, but was kept from their PAT. Pearsall came back to score, and we were still down one point, it seemed we had slipped. Then it came, the game changing break, every game has it. Pearsall fumbled. A live ball bounced on the ground begging to be picked up, and so it was, by Cotulla. Cotulla went on to score later in the drive. Pearsall still looking confused was held on their following series, and Cotulla put the game out of reach with another score. The final score read 32-21, and word had already spread through the crowd of a stunning upset in Hondo, it seemed Carrizo was also playing for pride, and stunned the Owls 27-14. Yes folks, Cotulla is back in postseason for the 2nd time in three years. Good luck Cowboys this Friday against Ingleside, lets show the world what we are made of.
“Adversity in sports, as in life, is a given.
It is in the dealing with it, in determining if hopes and dreams will become reality, that can be the defining of a person.
And in this case, a team.” – Bill Little
Game time 7:30pm, Friday the 12th @ Southwest HS Stadium, Cotulla vs. Ingleside.

The other 293A Playoff Matchups:
Div II
Devine vs. Goliad Friday Nov. 12th @ Floresville
Div I
Crystal City vs. Sinton Friday Nov 12th
Congrats to CC on finally making the playoffs, and good luck to all three 293A schools this week, represent district 29 well and deep into the playoffs.

intocable_cowboy
11-08-2004, 08:45 AM
footballgal, to answer your question from earlier in the weekend, Devine did beat Crystal City, CC is still the DI team however. The score I remember them announcing at Pearsall was the CS-Hondo score.

intocable_cowboy
11-08-2004, 08:59 AM
also if anyone can give me info on Ingleside, how good are they this year?