PDA

View Full Version : Recent JV boys now pressed to start for the Varsity team

Old Cardinal
11-07-2004, 10:27 PM
It happens very year about this time. Several key players are no longer available and --bingo--a kid finds himself is some big games.
At Bridge City with only 6 Seniors playing and several stars vacating the team the week before the WO-S game; it happened..
I watched an unusual site. A 15 year old 10th grader Clinton Derouen was given the man-over-center position. Now Clinton is best described as having the same build as Marvin Cook up at Jasper a few years back. He is 280 pounds and 5' 5" and quite quick on his feet. Now Derouen did his job all night long. He was like an armadillo in a full charge forward. He was exceptionally effective at nose guard. In fact, he played a potent game for a youth just into Varsity ball.

Do you know of any success stories that have happen toward the end of the season that concerns JV folks that have had to be pressed into action?

Rabbit'93
11-07-2004, 10:37 PM
I hope the young guy does a fine job during the playoff run.

Forney started a freshman at QB the last two games of the season. Against state ranked Highland park he threw for over 200yds and a TD.

Eagles52
11-07-2004, 10:46 PM
well I hope he has a terrible game this week against Barbers Hill...do think that has something to do with me being the starting center? lol

VWG
11-07-2004, 10:47 PM
It's nice to see kids come in and "plug holes" that are vacated due to injury, grades, etc.....

wildstangs
11-07-2004, 10:51 PM
VWG...Who are the Graham backups to the QB and RB and how are they looking so far?

Old Tiger
11-07-2004, 10:52 PM
On NCAA I started this true freshmen at qb that threw for 3900 yards in 1 season. That guy studded out every game.

dawgmom
11-07-2004, 10:55 PM
I am reminded of last year when our JV qb came up to varsity for playoffs and really helped out! In fact, if memory serves me correctly, he started in the Burnet game. He is now our starter! Gilbert Moye, sophomore. Great kid, even better qb......