PDA

View Full Version : Hardin-Jefferson vs Liberty predictions

Old Cardinal
11-07-2004, 08:57 PM
This might prove to be a good game. Having seen BC whip both of them I have to go with H-J. BC beat a seasoned return team from Liberty with a bunch of JV grads from the past year: many were playing their first varsity game in the first game of the season. This same group of Juniors had their seasoned sea-legs later on and H-J gave them a better game. Liberty has athletes but no playoff speed. H-J has some rough edges but they have a lot of speed and one real Hoss in the backfield. Should be a good game for bi-district.

Old No. 7
11-07-2004, 09:13 PM
I'll have to go with HJ in this one.

pantherpop
11-07-2004, 09:17 PM
It depends which group shows up. If we play like we did against Huffman and Barbers Hill we win no problem. If we play like we did against Bridge City we go home for the holidays. Case closed.

Liberty 27 Hardin Jefferson 13

Ranger05
11-07-2004, 09:23 PM
i will go with Liberty on this one by 3

sahen
11-07-2004, 09:31 PM
Liberty has too much history of choking in the playoffs....i think they will have the team they had the last 2 weeks but will loose cause they will fumble it about 5 or 6 times and loose 3 or 4 of those....hopefully they will prove me wrong but they do have a tendency to drop the ball a lot, esp. in the playoffs....

Rocksolid
11-07-2004, 09:51 PM
I've seen both of these teams play and I believe HJ is the better team

( I heard that HJ lost #2 to grades and then got him back and put him at quarterback any truth to that)

Gasilla
11-07-2004, 10:14 PM
I think they line him up some back there some just to run him.

BlueBlood
11-07-2004, 10:17 PM
what the?

X21AAAPlayer
11-07-2004, 10:22 PM
:confused: What Gasilla???? :confused:

3ABirdMan
11-07-2004, 10:23 PM
H-J gave Bridge City a good game without RB Marvin Williams, and using only Simien in the backfield. He's (Williams) back now, and between him and Simien, Liberty doesn't have enough speed to contain both of them at once.

It should be a good game, but I go H-J by 10.

panther_pride_04
11-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Liberty by 14

hsfootballrules
11-08-2004, 08:45 AM
liberty by 10

WOS1
11-08-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by X21AAAPlayer
:confused: What Gasilla???? :confused:

I was answering his question about whether they were lining Williams up at quarterback.

PappaBear
11-08-2004, 09:36 AM
where and when is the game?

shellman54
11-08-2004, 09:37 AM
liberty by two td's

RBARKER
11-08-2004, 10:12 AM
Liberty is coming together there young O line is starting to gell at the right time. Liberty by 14.

Panther Ross
11-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Liberty is coming together there young O line is starting to gell at the right time. Liberty by 14.

Thank you, it is about time we get our regonition.

Panther Ross
11-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
This might prove to be a good game. Having seen BC whip both of them I have to go with H-J. BC beat a seasoned return team from Liberty with a bunch of JV grads from the past year: many were playing their first varsity game in the first game of the season. This same group of Juniors had their seasoned sea-legs later on and H-J gave them a better game. Liberty has athletes but no playoff speed. H-J has some rough edges but they have a lot of speed and one real Hoss in the backfield. Should be a good game for bi-district.

Dude you did not spank us. You beat us by two points in the last minute of the game. There was no spanking involved. We beat BH in overtime, was that a spanking, no it wasn't.

Old Cardinal
11-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Funny I never use the word "spank" in connection with football. Sorry I have an opinion on the projected outcome that you do not like. I know you had a fit when I said Kirbyville speed would be the factor that cratered Liberty. In fact, I have not missed a prediction on Liberty that I put forward YET. I do think it will be a good playoff level game. Don't sell that H-J team short or they will burn you.

AP_WR_19
11-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Liberty by 3 touchdowns

Port_town_texas
11-08-2004, 01:22 PM
panthers by 17.

Hupernikomen
11-08-2004, 02:56 PM
liberty is playing very well right now and HJ also came off of an emotional win friday. I don't know why, but I don't think this one will be close. I am just not sure who will win.

panther_pride_04
11-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Old Card, get the cardinal ready for the eagle...cause it might get ugly.....We will hold it down in Liberty....

sahen
11-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by sahen
Liberty has too much history of choking in the playoffs....i think they will have the team they had the last 2 weeks but will loose cause they will fumble it about 5 or 6 times and loose 3 or 4 of those....hopefully they will prove me wrong but they do have a tendency to drop the ball a lot, esp. in the playoffs....

i think im gonna change my pick now, i didnt know liberty was playing at home and that will help a lot i think....so now i go w/ liberty by a touchdown or so...

RBARKER
11-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by sahen
i think im gonna change my pick now, i didnt know liberty was playing at home and that will help a lot i think....so now i go w/ liberty by a touchdown or so...

Good choice, the Panthers are hard to beat at home and the way they have stepped it up in district Liberty should win.

LHS62
11-08-2004, 07:46 PM
I would like to thank the hill for the recognition and say BH will hull out BC.

rhs78
11-08-2004, 07:59 PM
H-J BY 3 IN A VERY CLOSE GAME IT COULD GO EITHER WAY

Panther Ross
11-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Funny I never use the word "spank" in connection with football. Sorry I have an opinion on the projected outcome that you do not like. I know you had a fit when I said Kirbyville speed would be the factor that cratered Liberty. In fact, I have not missed a prediction on Liberty that I put forward YET. I do think it will be a good playoff level game. Don't sell that H-J team short or they will burn you.

WHOA! Since when did spank and whip have different meanings. You seriously have no idea what you are talking about because if you did, you would have made some sense. I am not griping about the outcome, have your own opinion, what I am griping about is how you say you "whipped us" (sorry I did not use that the first time). That is retarded, you beat us by two points in the last minute of the game.

Panther Ross
11-08-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Panther Ross
Thank you, it is about time we get our reconition.

PANTHERFAN05
11-08-2004, 09:04 PM
By the way the PANTHERS have been playing in district I am ready for a good game. Since we are playing at home, and we are an experienced team I take liberty by 14.

jalapeno
11-08-2004, 09:26 PM
Jalapeno.

pantherpop
11-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by jalapeno
Jalapeno.

Chile Con Queso

BlueBlood
11-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Liver

Hupernikomen
11-08-2004, 10:10 PM
chicken hawk

Hupernikomen
11-08-2004, 10:11 PM
ready to make my prediction...liberty at home by 28. HJ has no answer for Smart's arm and Swift's power.

Hushmouth
11-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Dude you did not spank us. You beat us by two points in the last minute of the game. There was no spanking involved. We beat BH in overtime, was that a spanking, no it wasn't.

Bout time we get something postive said i'm number 12 and me and my offense squad big wreckin we all young so expect us back next year big and badder

Hushmouth
11-09-2004, 08:17 PM

They aint got nothing on us we moving on up slowly but steadly and that's all i can ask 4 out of my team as long as we stay on top of our'sthat's all that matter you make a prediction 4 this game 4 the other team and i'll see 2 it that we prove you wrong Douglas #12

Old Cardinal
11-09-2004, 10:55 PM
To Hushmouth, I would worry more about my grammar etc: I can't think of any High School in Orange County where you would not be grounded because of grades and you would be forced to spend more time on your studies and not playing sports.
I look forward to next year when BC and Liberty play. I thought Liberty was still top-heavy with Seniors? If not, then Liberty may be able to not get totally crushed by BC next year. BC has only 6 Seniors playing and will be heavy in skilled seasoned Seniors next year. They have played Sophmores and Juniors almost exclusively in the backfield this year. Be really for a good "spanking" next year!

PANTHERFAN05
11-10-2004, 09:35 AM
OLD CARDINAL I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU ARE TALKING SMACK ABOUT NEXT SEASON WHEN TRUTHFULLY BRIDGE CITY NEEDS TO BE WORRIED ABOUT BARBERS HILL THIS WEEK. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU FEEL THE NEED TO TALK SMACK WHEN YOU BEAT US BY 2 POINTS. NEXT YEAR YOU JUST BRING IT BECAUSE THE BOYS IN BLACK AND GOLD ARE NOT GOING TO BACK DOWN RATHER THEY PLAY YOU AT HOME OR NOT.

Panther Ross
11-10-2004, 11:54 AM
To Hushmouth, I would worry more about my grammar etc: I can't think of any High School in Orange County where you would not be grounded because of grades and you would be forced to spend more time on your studies and not playing sports.
I look forward to next year when BC and Liberty play. I thought Liberty was still top-heavy with Seniors? If not, then Liberty may be able to not get totally crushed by BC next year. BC has only 6 Seniors playing and will be heavy in skilled seasoned Seniors next year. They have played Sophmores and Juniors almost exclusively in the backfield this year. Be really for a good "spanking" next year!

Douglas is a pretty smart kid so I don't know what you are talking about.

AggieJohn
11-10-2004, 05:58 PM
see that is what i have been talking about how other liberty posters sometimes make absolutely no sense at all

panther_pride_04
11-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Why are yall so worried about grammar? This isnt a classroom.......Old Card, just worry about that Hill....and Explayer.....what seems to be the problem with you? You always seem to have something to say bad about Liberty, but you are from Liberty???? Something isnt right? I could see if you actually played football or something...all you did was deliver 6packs.....Matter of fact, you delivered me a bottle of water one day..explayer" more like "extrainer"....hahaha.............

JG #22 Class of 04

LHS62
11-10-2004, 07:12 PM
Thats right josh... get krunk.

Panther Ross
11-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by explayer2001
see that is what i have been talking about how other liberty posters sometimes make absolutely no sense at all

John, please spare us all of your stupid comments.

Hushmouth
11-10-2004, 09:45 PM

To Old Cardinal:
I dont really have to worry bout my grammer I can get it right, I was just in a hurry the other time so dont worry bout that...It's just 2 the point where I dont care bout no High School In Orange County...It's all bout that Liberty County...We got alot of Seniors starting dont get me wrong all i'm saying is we got some more ppl stepping it up 4 the year's 2 come...Am I spose 2 care bout there backfield let's be 4 real fool look at our's 1 senior the rest junior's and sophmore's you will be seing us next year as we run by dont worry bout catching the front i'll make sure you see the back of our number's as we going down the field

Panther Ross
11-10-2004, 09:54 PM

Old Cardinal, what do you have against Liberty? Honestly, evertytime you hear Liberty you start freaking out like the world is coming to an end. I have nothing agianst BC, well not until now. Stop hating, admit it, we came alive. You have a problem of facing the facts.

Hushmouth
11-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Old Cardinal, what do you have against Liberty? Honestly, evertytime you hear Liberty you start freaking out like the world is coming to an end. I have nothing agianst BC, well not until now. Stop hating, admit it, we came alive. You have a problem of facing the facts.

I must agree he ^ speaking the truth on that 1 Old Cardinal did u get a boo boo in a game and now u hate us come on tell us it's going 2 be ok :D

Panther Ross
11-10-2004, 10:11 PM
You mine as well call me Ross the Great.

X Man
11-10-2004, 11:21 PM
If Liberty cannot beat H-J, then they have no business in the playoffs anyway. H-J couldn't do anything with WOS, and although I cannot quote the exact score, it was like 40 something to zero. If Liberty is a honest playoff team, they should win this one by 3 TD's.

Hushmouth
11-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Say X-Man
It dont matter how bad we beat them just as long as we get the job done. And what does honest have anything to do with it ?

RBARKER
11-11-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by LHS62
I would like to thank the hill for the recognition and say BH will hull out BC.

No problem , District is over got to give props to our district now. plus I would hate to see Swift and Smart finish off on a bad note. Those two were awesome in the BH game. good luck

Bobcatfan4life
11-11-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by X Man
If Liberty cannot beat H-J, then they have no business in the playoffs anyway. H-J couldn't do anything with WOS, and although I cannot quote the exact score, it was like 40 something to zero. If Liberty is a honest playoff team, they should win this one by 3 TD's.

WO-S beat H-J 42-3. But H-J beat us 46-8. :(

Panther Ross
11-11-2004, 09:17 PM
How do you have your favorite saying under the white line at the bottom of your post.

AggieJohn
11-11-2004, 09:24 PM
go to user cp and then user options i think and look for the thing that says signature