PDA

View Full Version : Southeastern OK State Makes NCAA DII Playoffs

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-07-2004, 02:09 PM
With a 40-13 win over East Central Oklahoma yesterday, the Savages of Southeastern Oklahoma win the Lone Star Conference North and qualify for the NCAA Divison II playoffs. Although my son (Z Motion Jr. as I call him) is redshirted this year, he still gets a conference ring and will travel to Kingsville to take on the powerful Javalinas of Texas A&M Kingsville. Everyone wish Z-Jr and the Savages good luck!

(BTW: he said he earned his ring with blood, sweat, and tears like in the movie "Rudy" as he takes a beating every week to get the #1's and #2's ready to play)

Interesting note: Nick Lee (TE) who also played for the 2003 DII Region I Champion Vernon Lions plays at Midwestern State Univ. who won the Lone Star Conference South and he will also get a conference ring. MSU will play Colorado Mines on Saturday in their first round game. Not bad for two ol boys out of the little Vernon.

24 teams nation wide qualify for the playoffs in NCAA DII.

LH Panther Mom
11-07-2004, 02:23 PM
Congrats to Z, Jr.! Let us know how their game turns out.

Rabbit'93
11-07-2004, 02:39 PM
That's awesome. The beating he takes now will help him down the road.

lepfan
11-07-2004, 03:35 PM
way to go SOSU....great school!!! (although I did go to ECU also)

District303aPastPlayer
11-07-2004, 03:36 PM
congrats z motion and z motion jr. . .good luck to the savages :clap: and my javelinas :clap:

Ray_BearKat
11-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Zmotion, I was a little confused by your statement that MSU had won the LSC South Conference Title because I knew that Kingsville had won but this article cleared that up for me...we shared the South Title with MSU but we won the overall Conference Title. Here is the article if you want to read it and here are the overall standings.

Congrats to you teams and good luck in the playoffs...will you be making the trip down to Kingsville this coming weekend?

Javelinas wrap up 26th LSC title and 4th Consecutive (http://www.lonestarconference.org/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=19&url_article_id=573&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2)

LSC Conference Standings:
Team W-L Pct
1. Texas A&M-Kingsville 8-1 .889
T2. Central Oklahoma 7-2 .778
T2. Midwestern State 7-2 .778
T2. Southeastern Oklahoma 7-2 .778
5. Tarleton State 6-3 .667
T6. Abilene Christian 5-4 .556
T6. East Central 5-4 .556
T6. Eastern New Mexico 5-4 .556
9. Texas A&M-Commerce 4-5 .444
T10. Angelo State 2-7 .222
T10. West Texas A&M 2-7 .222
12. Southwestern Oklahoma 1-8 .111
13. Northeastern State 0-9 .000

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-08-2004, 03:13 AM
Ray:

Yes, I'll be going to the game Saturday and naturally, I'll go down Friday so I'll try and pick up a playoff game somewhere close down around the Kingsville area. Maybe even closer to the Austin area I don't exactly know yet. It depends on when I leave on Friday and who is playing who. I actually owe Sinton a watch since I was last down when they played Ingleside and I skipped town early and missed the game.

The Lone Star Conference is wierd as the North champion does not play the South champion in a championship game like the Big 12 does. As a Co-champion of the North we dominated UCO in a game two weeks ago 55-28 (I think that was the score). A&I beat MSU the other co-champion of the South earlier in the year.

A&I has dominated the LSC for years and I will be very happy to finally see them play. Glad we got three teams in the playoffs this year, but it is too bad that we play A&I to knock one of us out this early. I really wanted to play Colorado Mines or Northwest Mizzu first round for the scenery on the drive and a change of pace. A&I and SOSU did not play this year in the regular season. Will you be at the game? What about all that tailgating I hear about down there?

Ray_BearKat
11-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Yeah, I'm going to the game, it would of been better had we not lost to Abilene Christian 2 weeks ago...we would of been ranked higher and gotten a 1st round bye, and not had to play yall 1st round. That thing about the North not playing the South for the conference title has always confused me...but yeah I'll be at the tailgate Saturday. A lot of people get there the night before and stay up all night...its pretty cool, you should check it out. Good luck to you and your team and have a safe trip down here...

k-town ballers
11-09-2004, 09:17 PM
i'm hoping my son's team (Missouri Western state griffons) make it to the southwest region playoffs next year. Southeastern state recruited him but he didn't want to play tackle so he went to mwsc as a tight end now he is the starting left tackle, funning how things work out

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-09-2004, 10:42 PM
That sounds like a long way from home? Yes it is funny how things work out. Southwestern OSU recruited my son then at the last day decided not to offer him a scholarship. He then jumped at Southeastern.

Southwestern's record this year 1-9
Southeastern's record 8-2 (Co Champions of conference and a playoff spot).

IHStangFan
11-09-2004, 11:43 PM
congrats!! good luck against the Javs, they are tough year in and year out!

Phil C
11-10-2004, 11:39 AM
I plan to go to the game too Z and Ray. If you see and old guy wearing a black San Antonio Spurs cap say hi to me. I will be sitting on the west side of the stadium. I know it may not be possible with so many people there though.

IHStangFan
11-10-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I plan to go to the game too Z and Ray. If you see and old guy wearing a black San Antonio Spurs cap say hi to me. I will be sitting on the west side of the stadium. I know it may not be possible with so many people there though. you cant miss Phil....he'll be taller than most everyone around him if i remember correctly.

SHS73Graduate
11-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I plan to go to the game too Z and Ray. If you see and old guy wearing a black San Antonio Spurs cap say hi to me. I will be sitting on the west side of the stadium. I know it may not be possible with so many people there though.

Hey Phil C... I will be at the Jav game also Saturday, and will be on the west side too. May run into u at Friday's game. Went to the Angelo game and had a good time there. I go and follow the Jav Band. Said hello to Jason Britton who plays for Angelo. That kid has made a name for himself there. He is just might get a shot at the pros if he continues the way he plays. See you there...

District303aPastPlayer
11-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
you cant miss Phil....he'll be taller than most everyone around him if i remember correctly.

he is 6'2 if i remember

IHStangFan
11-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
he is 6'2 if i remember hes a big ole guy......has a large presence when standing over you, LOL.

Phil C
11-10-2004, 12:08 PM
Actually I am just barely 6ft tall but I will be wearing the black spurs cap! If I get to make it I hope I get to see you all there if we can. :)

handNthedirt
11-10-2004, 12:13 PM
As a former MSU Indian LB, congrats to the Savages, and good luck against the Javelinas!

Phil C
11-10-2004, 12:23 PM
I have just been told by a reliable source that the game will NOT be played this Saturday but on November 20 (a Saturday). So hold your plans for this Saturday. I was told this Saturday is a bye week.

Ray_BearKat
11-10-2004, 05:54 PM
The only school that have a bye are the top seeded school in the region...I haven't heard that any news about the game being moved or cancelled...:confused: :thinking:

PhiI C
11-10-2004, 08:30 PM
That was verbal to me Ray! They didn't have anything on tv either. I will call the University tomorrow to make sure (I know I know! I should have done it today!)

PhiI C
11-10-2004, 08:36 PM
Hey Ray I did check the web site at www.tamuk.com and it says the game IS this Saturday. So maybe the news of next week is premature. I will try to verify this by calling the University tomorrow but for right now as far as we know it is this Saturday.

Ray_BearKat
11-10-2004, 09:01 PM
cool, hope yall make it out to support the hoggies....

mustang04
11-10-2004, 09:12 PM
hey Z Motion....ask him if he knows jack squires...he plays fullback, he was our fullback and graduated w/ michael carillos class a year ahead of us

mustang04
11-10-2004, 09:13 PM
BUT!!!....im not sure if its southeastern or southwestern oklahoma that he plays

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-11-2004, 10:11 AM
That name doesn't sound familiar. I bet he plays for Southwestern. That is where Carillo went. Any idea why he left there?

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-11-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
As a former MSU Indian LB, congrats to the Savages, and good luck against the Javelinas!

Thanks handNthedirt! My wife and I are both MSU alumni and of course I was very excited to see the Indians make the playoffs. It has been a long time coming every year with 7-3 records. I also saw MSU destroy my Savages. I don't know what went wrong that night.

If it is cold I will be wearing a Green Michigan State University coat! Not the right colors but hey it is warm! With 10,000 people it may be hard to find anyone. But Maybey I'll spot Phil or Ray! I do plan to get to teh stadium about 11:30. I don't have tickets yet so who knows where I will be.

Looking forward to a great game!

mustang04
11-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
That name doesn't sound familiar. I bet he plays for Southwestern. That is where Carillo went. Any idea why he left there?

yeah...he transfered to Tech this year, so he can play next year!

believe me....he could seriously be the next wes welker, NO EXAGGERATION....michael was as good of receiver and punt returner as he was quarterback, but since he was QB no one got to see his other skills

but yeah jack went to same school as Mike

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-11-2004, 03:33 PM
We had a guy transfer to Tech from Vernon. He actually graduated 3 years ago when we were beat by Perryton in the regional final. Zack Lamp. He played two years at Midwestern and then transfered to Tech, but was in a car accident this year and broke his back. He is still on the team and I suspect he was given a medical redshirt. He played TE at MSU but Tech has him listed at LB (which he played in high school).

I hope Michael can play at Tech. I saw him play against my boy in the bowl. Too bad my kiddo hurt his knee on the first play of the game and missed all the rest of the Sweetwater game and the next game against Altus too. Turned out not to be that bad and he played in the rest of the games.

Ok I'm out~

lepfan
11-11-2004, 06:51 PM
Z, my brother calls some of the SOSU games...I think he called the Homecoming game...

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-12-2004, 11:05 AM
They do a good job. I listen to the broadcast on the radio as I watch the game. I'm sure your brother has had a blast this year since they have done so well.

Phil and the rest of the downlowers going to the game tomorrow: Look for me as I'll be in Michigan State gear and I'll have a white sign painted in Blue spray paint to hold up for the Savages. Don't know what it will say just yet though.

Hope to see Phil or Ray!

Also I'll be at the Wimberley game tonight. Can't wait for that one.

I'm off at noon to get to Austin!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Well we came up on the short end of a 40-30 ball game. It was a great game, but we turned it over 6 times and that was the difference as the Hogs cashed in the turnovers.

Hope that Z jr. can get some playing time next year.