PDA

View Full Version : Wylie takes Sweetwater

ballwzrd
10-26-2001, 11:25 PM
Abilene Wylie takes Sweetwater 24 to 17 in a very well played game by both teams. This was a football fan's game. Both teams played hard and were well coached.

Da Mules
10-26-2001, 11:29 PM
That's a little closer than I expected. SO what does this district playoff picture look like now, assuming Ballinger won tonight?

ballwzrd
10-26-2001, 11:40 PM
Well, guess we'll find out in couple of weeks. Wylie's offense is looking better. Defense needs some improvement. Overall Wylie looks pretty good for district winner. Of course thats just my opinion, I'm bias. Go Dawgs

abicooper
10-26-2001, 11:56 PM
Wylie and Ballinger both have a spot in the playoffs. The third and final spot will come down to Merkel and Sweetwater. That game is next week in Merkel. Wylie will go D-1 and the other two will be in D-2.

In week 10, Wylie and Ballinger will play for the title. The game is in Ballinger.

stickman
10-27-2001, 12:13 AM
Lil' Russ did good job tonight in much anticipated match up with Carrillo. Russ wore his Rabbit Boots most of first half but then switched to cleats.

bigdawg
10-27-2001, 02:05 AM
He chased down them mustangs better than he did them jackrabbits in boots. Talk about a stud!!! There was one play when Carrillo tried the guacamole dip, and Lil Russ pulled what we like to call the 'burrito enema', let's just say Carrillo was walking a little funny after that one.

lukedawg
10-27-2001, 10:14 AM
wylie played a good game but there were 7 false starts on the dogs. I was at the game and the officials were horrible. I am not making an excuses about the game. but the stangs are a good team and look for them to kill merkel next week. Good luck to all the teams out there.. Go doggs

hsguru
10-28-2001, 06:20 PM
5-3A has a good chance of all three teams going two or three rounds deep. Sweetwater would be one hell of a 3rd place team. I hope they beat the hell out of the cheap shot artists from Merkel.

whsfan
10-28-2001, 06:48 PM
I agree with hsguru. The Sweetwater Mustangs have a good team. I hope they beat the crap out of the cheap shot artists at Merkel.

lukedawg
10-28-2001, 09:27 PM
hey fellas lets keep this a clean place. thanks

Endword
10-29-2001, 09:51 AM
What a game at the Bowl in Sweetwater! The level of play and the fan support on both sides made it feel like a playoff game. Thanks to both teams for a great game. I am a Bulldog fan to the end (hopefully that end will be 15-0). The reason I say that is to put emphasis on my next statements. One, Carrillo is impressive as a running back and would be even more dangerous if his receivers held on to the ball. Second, Sweetwater played with a lot of heart and is a good football team. I think they will handle the "cheapshots" with relative ease this coming Friday night. My only advice in that area is to watch over your shoulder for #20; his best and most often used tactic is just after the whistle from behind right about knee level. Again, great game "Dawgs & Stangs".

Idiot
10-29-2001, 02:29 PM
Was a great game, was said to be over 6,000 people on hand for the game.Sweetwaters QB isnt the fastest guy around but he is one QUICK QB.And Sweetwaters big 340 lb. gaurd is a HUGE fella in the middleThe game itself was exciting from the start of the game till the end, with the out come not known till the clock said 00:00. Both teams gave it their all, and for the most part it was a very sportsman like game.It has been said on here that Wylie Defense isnt that good, which they are not the best in the state but they held a very explosive offense to only 17 points, they stepped it up this past Friday.

abicooper
10-29-2001, 02:56 PM
Look for the Wylie offense and defense to start playing better these next two weeks. Coach Sandifer always trys different combination of players and plays to see which works best in the regular season. When the playoffs come around that is when they step in up to another level. I feel the game against Ballinger will be a great test for the Wylie team, however I feel they will win by 10.

Best of luck to Sweetwater against Merkel.

mark838
10-30-2001, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Endword:
What a game at the Bowl in Sweetwater! The level of play and the fan support on both sides made it feel like a playoff game. Thanks to both teams for a great game. I am a Bulldog fan to the end (hopefully that end will be 15-0). The reason I say that is to put emphasis on my next statements. One, Carrillo is impressive as a running back and would be even more dangerous if his receivers held on to the ball. Second, Sweetwater played with a lot of heart and is a good football team. I think they will handle the "cheapshots" with relative ease this coming Friday night. My only advice in that area is to watch over your shoulder for #20; his best and most often used tactic is just after the whistle from behind right about knee level. Again, great game "Dawgs & Stangs".

The facts of the Merkel-Wylie game are this: Wylie 8 personal fouls for late or out of bounds hits, Merkel 3, Wylie one ejected player for late hits, Merkel none. Who is the cheap shot artists again?

Endword
10-30-2001, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by mark838:
The facts of the Merkel-Wylie game are this: Wylie 8 personal fouls for late or out of bounds hits, Merkel 3, Wylie one ejected player for late hits, Merkel none. Who is the cheap shot artists again?

Mark838: What kind of drugs are you on? Wylie had a total of 7 penalties in the game. 4 of those were illegal procedure calls. Wylie had 2 unsportsmanlike conduct calls. One of those was called on a running back for turning around and running into the endzone backwards while being chased by a Merkel player!! lol The ejected player got caught responding to a knee in the _____s while in a pile-up. Either go to a game and pay attention, or get off the funny stuff before trying to make a serious response to something. (Especially something as easily checked out as the number of penalties in a game)

bigdawg
10-30-2001, 03:04 PM
Exactly what Endword said. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!

Gfan
10-30-2001, 03:18 PM
good luck sweetwater