PDA

View Full Version : What A Freakin' Game!!!!!!!!

KTJ
11-07-2004, 01:36 AM
Just when we thought all hope was lost, the TEXAS LONGHORNS come back and score 49 unanswered points! I've never screamed so loud in my life!

I'm gonna keep this short because I'm tired and need to go to bed--not to mention that my voice is completely GONE!

ESPN just projected us to jump Utah in the BCS standings and that would put us a #6, in line for a BCS invite. They also stated we should, doesn't me we will though, jump Cal in the rankings because of our play.

Yeah, I was worried when we were down 35-7, but I knew something strange was going to happen--and it sure did.

TEXAS FIGHT!

JHS_c/o_06'
11-07-2004, 02:16 AM
That would be so awesome if we got a BCS invite, but if we do.....i hope to God we win it and dont choke.

And i think OU should go down, for almost getting beat by two teams ranked in the 20's region. Not taking anything away from ATM, but come on....they are suppose to be the #2 team.

Anyway, it was an amazing game.

sahen
11-07-2004, 02:45 AM
u have to be kidding about the drop down thing...if u want UT to be number 6 or whatever i think the team that shut u out deserves to be number 2...

PhiI C
11-07-2004, 09:22 AM
A fantastic awesome game! Unbelievable! I thought we were lost but they came back strong! Incredible!

PhiI C
11-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Hey KTJ TBS also interviewed the great Tommy Nobis who was a great linebacker for Texas! Great Memories of No. 60!

CHSBaseball07
11-07-2004, 12:16 PM
Yes ........i was at my girlfriends house and her parents were raggin on me the whole time..i kept saying we will come back...then the score got bigger and bigger...and i said it softer and softer...then all of a sudden....lol...we scored 49 unanswered and i said What were yall saying about Texas again? lol

big daddy russ
11-07-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
...And i think OU should go down, for almost getting beat by two teams ranked in the 20's region. Not taking anything away from ATM, but come on....they are suppose to be the #2 team...
I would love nothing more than for OU to lose, but that's only because I want Auburn in the NC game. I'd love nothing more than to see the Tigers avenge their regular-season losses the last couple of years (last year it was 23-0, the year before it was 24-17) in the game that matters the most. On top of all that, we'd have a real Texas team guaranteed a shot at the BCS instead of those transplanted Texas boys. BUT, let's get real... OU shut out UT and OSU was a rivalry. The Cowboys seem to have OU's number... that's the team they fear more than anyone. Finally, A&M will be a top-12 preseason team next year. They're one baby step away from being an elite team right now, they just made stupid mistakes that will cost you a game against a team like OU. Basically, OU deserves to be top-two more than USC does.

Leopards,class of 75
11-07-2004, 05:30 PM
I don't remember the Longhorns coming from that far behind ever. What a come back on a good team, I just wished they could score against O.U.

Flourhead
11-07-2004, 06:59 PM
the largest deficit texas had overcome previous to this game was 19 in the 2001 holiday bowl... so it went from 19 to 28... 28-19 was the score to the decatur/graham game:eek:

KTJ
11-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I would love nothing more than for OU to lose, but that's only because I want Auburn in the NC game. I'd love nothing more than to see the Tigers avenge their regular-season losses the last couple of years (last year it was 23-0, the year before it was 24-17) in the game that matters the most. On top of all that, we'd have a real Texas team guaranteed a shot at the BCS instead of those transplanted Texas boys. BUT, let's get real... OU shut out UT and OSU was a rivalry. The Cowboys seem to have OU's number... that's the team they fear more than anyone. Finally, A&M will be a top-12 preseason team next year. They're one baby step away from being an elite team right now, they just made stupid mistakes that will cost you a game against a team like OU. Basically, OU deserves to be top-two more than USC does.

Russ, I disagree. OU's defense sucks and Stoops knows it. (granted, it's not enhancing my credibility when I say that, seeing as how we didn't score against OU.) If you look at the polls, OU's points keep slipping among the pollsters. I think it's very clear that USC and Auburn should be in the NC game. But OU will stay on top due to their cupcake schedule the rest of the way--not to mention, the possibility of crushing Iowa State in the Big 12 Championship Game.

PhiI C
11-07-2004, 07:38 PM
I keep saying we need a real playoff system in Division 1 football and I feel most fans disagree but the powers that be don't want it for obviou$ reasons.

RTX 14
11-07-2004, 07:57 PM
what a game indeed, i was there in person and im glad i didnt miss it cause it was awesome, i hardly sat down the 2nd half, i admit, i was a little worried after they were up 35-7, but boy did we storm back