PDA

View Full Version : Snyder vs. Greenwood????

westTXbest
11-07-2004, 12:03 AM
What r the opinions? Oh man this is the game of the week.!!

wildstangs
11-07-2004, 01:11 AM
I hope this is as close as the last game. I thought Snyder would romp the Rangers in the earlier meeting, but Greenwood surprised me. Now that Greenwood has Valencia back who knows. Snyder has had an off week to heal up any injuries. I would rate this as a toss up.

westTXbest
11-07-2004, 10:34 AM
The hardest thing to do is beat a team twice, we will give them a run for there money.

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-07-2004, 11:55 AM
Greenwood by 3. Cant wait to hear the outcome of this one

wildstangs
11-07-2004, 12:51 PM
I was looking at the pairings and noticed there is a game scheduled for 5:00 on the same day as this game. Looks like this one will start closer to 8:00 or possibly later.

Ranger Mom
11-07-2004, 01:14 PM
The paper today has the game starting at 8:00

Ranger05
11-07-2004, 02:40 PM
its gonna be a good game thats for sure

westtexasfan
11-07-2004, 02:53 PM
What game is starting at 5:00?

I will take Snyder by 14, these guys are on a roll after that Wylie game, Greenwood had a good year but I think the year stops on friday!!

Ranger05
11-07-2004, 02:58 PM
idk greenwood has been on a roll for a while now this game will not be a blow out its gonna go down to the wire.

TheDOCTORdre
11-07-2004, 03:00 PM
I dont know how to call this one, but I'm gonna go with Snyder by 6

VWG
11-07-2004, 05:02 PM
That extra week before the game definitely helps Snyder.

westTXbest
11-07-2004, 07:49 PM
they could lose some momentum.

Green Ranger
11-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Is the game really going to be played at 8:00?!?!?! The 7:30 would have made it tough to get out there but I might be able to pull that one. Is a officially game time?

Ranger05
11-07-2004, 09:39 PM
i believe it is 8

westTXbest
11-07-2004, 10:36 PM
it is at 8.

Ranger05
11-07-2004, 10:38 PM
its pretty much gonna have to be i heard it was at 730 but theres a team playing before us at 530

wildstangs
11-07-2004, 10:38 PM
Mason and Alpine are playing at 5PM.

Ranger05
11-07-2004, 10:40 PM
ok idk what time it is then. i would think 8 would be easier than 730 cause of the other team thats playing

el negro
11-08-2004, 12:12 AM
i think snyder will go into this game with momentum from the victory over wylie! greenwood played em close the first game but snyder didnt come with their A game

Ranger Mom
11-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by el negro
i think snyder will go into this game with momentum from the victory over wylie! greenwood played em close the first game but snyder didnt come with their A game

"Any given Friday"!!

I have no clue how this game will go. You say Snyder didn't come with their "A" game at the last meeting, well....Greenwood didn't come with their "QB" - so who knows what could happen!

I just heard the weather forecast though, looks like we are in for a cold one come Friday night!!

Bubba-Joe
11-08-2004, 10:20 AM
Did Ranger mom mention a cold one
count Bubba in
I am always ready for a cold one or 12
ohhhhh you were takin bout the weather
hard to read with blood shot eyes

westTXbest
11-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Well they didnt bring there a game or they r over rated. cause dee walker didnt do crap against us and we were leadin 14-0 at half , snyder lets everyoner play to close i think it ends friday for snyder.

westTXbest
11-08-2004, 10:27 AM
Tell them ranger mom.

Black_Magic
11-08-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
"Any given Friday"!!

I have no clue how this game will go. You say Snyder didn't come with their "A" game at the last meeting, well....Greenwood didn't come with their "QB" - so who knows what could happen!

I just heard the weather forecast though, looks like we are in for a cold one come Friday night!! I hope the tigers dont take greenwood lightly like last time. They were looking past Greenwood last meeting. Greenwood has thier QB back that they didnt have the first time. Snyder will have Starting MLB, DT, and FS that were injured last time. I bet it will be a good game.

Black_Magic
11-08-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by westTXbest
Well they didnt bring there a game or they r over rated. cause dee walker didnt do crap against us and we were leadin 14-0 at half , snyder lets everyoner play to close i think it ends friday for snyder. Didnt Dee walker Rush for 128 yards vs Greenwood last time? if so you have prety high standards. maybe its because he has rushed for 1635 yards in the 10 games and 128 is below the 164 yard average per game. its good you feel so confident.

Ranger Mom
11-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I hope the tigers dont take greenwood lightly like last time. They were looking past Greenwood last meeting. Greenwood has thier QB back that they didnt have the first time. Snyder will have Starting MLB, DT, and FS that were injured last time. I bet it will be a good game.

HEY!!!! We are only bringing one extra - It think in all fairness you should only pick one of the above to bring to this one!!:D :D

No????:confused:

I agree, it should be a good game, I don't know what to expect. Neither team was at full speed at the last game, so it will be interesting to see how this one goes.

Any word on who's home and away yet??

Black_Magic
11-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Snyder will be visitors.

Ranger Mom
11-08-2004, 10:54 AM
Snyder will be visitors.

Has Snyder played at Grande before?

westTXbest
11-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Yes they played Monahans and Brownfield there last year.

Ranger Mom
11-08-2004, 11:14 AM
Yes they played Monahans and Brownfield there last year.

Oh yeah.....I was at the Snyder/Brownfield game!!:doh:

el negro
11-08-2004, 11:37 AM
does any one from snyder know who the starting qb will be

westTXbest
11-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Whats going on with the qbs in snyder?

Phantom Stang
11-08-2004, 02:18 PM
Knowing that Snyder serves up the nastiest crow, I'm still going with Greenwood in this one.:p

No score prediction though.

Black & Gold
11-09-2004, 01:15 AM
This will be a good game. I have to take my home team though. I think that Snyder knows they can't look past Greenwood this time. If we do, our season ends!!! I think that the Tigers will come to play this week.

westTXbest
11-09-2004, 09:30 AM
By the time the game starts friday supposed to be in the 30s and maybe some sleet.

Ranger Mom
11-09-2004, 12:24 PM
By the time the game starts friday supposed to be in the 30s and maybe some sleet.

Are you serious????

I best get to Hell-Mart and stock up on hand and foot warmers.....heck, I am gonna have to make a list so I don't leave anything at home!

The thought of being cold like I was at TX Stadium is more than I can stand!!

westTXbest
11-09-2004, 12:35 PM
man im just going to where a jacket as much yelling and crap talking im goin got do it will warm me up, at least i hope.

Ranger Mom
11-09-2004, 12:42 PM
I wonder if I will be able to smuggle in a thermos of hot chocolate??

As much junk as I cart to a game, I bet I will be able to find something to hide it in!!

Grande will probably charge $8.00 for a cup of coffee!!

mustang04
11-09-2004, 12:44 PM
I wonder if I will be able to smuggle in a thermos of hot chocolate??

As much junk as I cart to a game, I bet I will be able to find something to hide it in!!

Grande will probably charge $8.00 for a cup of coffee!!

Rangermom..wish i could go to the game...ill just be south of ya in Odessa watchin the stangs and indians duke it out

TheDOCTORdre
11-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
Rangermom..wish i could go to the game...ill just be south of ya in Odessa watchin the stangs and indians duke it out
Duke??? dude who the hell says duke anymore

westTXbest
11-09-2004, 12:48 PM
LOL

mustang04
11-09-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
Duke??? dude who the hell says duke anymore

i hear the guys on Sports Center say it all the time during basketball season

TheDOCTORdre
11-09-2004, 12:50 PM
nice comeback, i didnt know if you could pull one out but you pulled out a good one

mustang04
11-09-2004, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
nice comeback, i didnt know if you could pull one out but you pulled out a good one

thanx....ive been on a roll w/ comebacks the past couple of days...must be side effects from visiting Austin;)

westTXbest
11-09-2004, 12:53 PM
This will be a Dee Walker And Jerrel Brooks slug fest at the tail back position.

westTXbest
11-09-2004, 12:55 PM
Brooks gave snyder a fit last meeting at i think 190 yards rushing.

el negro
11-09-2004, 09:19 PM
dee walker 150 rushing and whoever the QB is for snyder will throw for bout 200 yards...snyder by 15

Ranger Mom
11-09-2004, 09:24 PM
Brooks gave snyder a fit last meeting at i think 190 yards rushing.

Actually it was 209 - I just went back and looked at the article!

Redman
11-10-2004, 12:24 AM
I'm going to have to go with the 4-3a team, Snyder to win. No blow out. Will be less than ten points. You never know though, Greenwood went out first round last year, and thats got to be on some of the returning players minds. Like a bad taste, Snyder better bring their A game, or could be a short playoff run for the Tigers. Good luck to both teams, just wished twas a little closer to home.

westTXbest
11-10-2004, 09:27 AM
LOL el negro Dee walker will be the one to stop but i bet my last dollar they dont pass for 200 hundred yards, believe me they wont. I think we can hold thm under 100, the last time we played snyder they scored 13 point on offense to our 24. I mean they got the easiest touchdowns on defense, one fumble just rolled into the endzone, and the other was thrown by our 14 year old qb that was playing 8th grade ball last year, that was the only reason they came back from 14-0. But our young qb will be one of the best ever to go to Greenwood by his senior year, its just in his blood. Look for no presents this game, snyder better have something else cause i didnt see anything last meeting but lucky touchdowns. If any Greenwood people see this they know its the truth and they know we can beat snyder this friday night. OH and if the snyder people say well we had starters out , uh so did we buddy the most important one at qb.

Black_Magic
11-10-2004, 11:22 AM
It seems to me that I would not be so confident. you opening your self up to some serious crow eating buddy. Im sure this is great buliten board material for the tigers. sounds like your trying to reasure your self in the last post:D . If you realy believe Greenwood win not have anyproblem handling Snyders O then thats fine . You may be in for a reality check. Snyder has shown that they can run the ball great ( Walker with 1635 yards rushing) or Passing ( over 200 yards passing on several games ( like Vs Sweetwater). Yes Snyder did have 4 starters out Vs Greenwood last time including 3 on D ( MLB, FS, DT ) one was a two way starter and Second team all state Lineman. Yes Greenwood has the QB back... Great!. You sound like your trying to convince people into a greenwood win. Its going to have to happen on the field not in print:rolleyes: I believe Snyder will win. its that simple but i dont have to talk myself into it.:rolleyes:

westTXbest
11-10-2004, 11:30 AM
I m not talking my self into nothing, those r just all the facts. It hard to lucky twice.

Ranger Mom
11-10-2004, 11:31 AM
That's why I normally keep my mouth shut as far as predictions go....the only bird I found that I like (besides chicken) is quail!!

No crow for me!!:D

Black_Magic
11-10-2004, 11:39 AM
I m not talking my self into nothing, those r just all the facts. It hard to lucky twice. So. Snyder was Lucky the first time. LOL

mustang04
11-10-2004, 12:34 PM
So. Snyder was Lucky the first time. LOL

Guys Guys!...lets discuss this like ppl who know football, rather than kids saying their team is better "JUST CUZ"...both teams are really good....Snyder is a very tough team and will fight, they showed it against us, and PROVED it against Wylie, i compliment them on that...Greenwood, on the other hand, was beat by S'water 52-25 i believe, BUT!!! they have really got their game together as it seems and i hope they show to play too!

i have the utmost respect for both teams because both have great athletes and great, supportive fans, but whoever wins, i congratulate for being the better team that given day, and for the team that loses...great season and go get 'em next year!!
GOOD LUCK RANGERS and TIGERS!!!

yall do know i have to root for snyder tho, just cuz they are a 4-3A rep like us....nothing against Greenwood

Ranger Mom
11-10-2004, 12:43 PM
Hey!!!! When Sweetwater and Kermit played in the first round last year - I crossed the district line and cheered for and sat on Sweetwaters side!!

Black & Gold
11-10-2004, 12:49 PM

yall do know i have to root for snyder tho, just cuz they are a 4-3A rep like us....nothing against Greenwood

That's right!!! Go Tigers, Mustangs, Bulldogs.....In that order!!! Just kidding. Good luck to everyone, especially district 4-3A!!!!

mustang04
11-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Hey!!!! When Sweetwater and Kermit played in the first round last year - I crossed the district line and cheered for and sat on Sweetwaters side!!

c'mon Rangermom....u know u wanted them to win deep down, but ya knew they were going to loose and u didnt wanna make a fool of urself cheering for them....what a great fan hahaha:D

just messin w/ ya...thats why im saying that whoever wins....im proud of them!!

Ranger Mom
11-10-2004, 12:55 PM
c'mon Rangermom....u know u wanted them to win deep down, but ya knew they were going to loose and u didnt wanna make a fool of urself cheering for them....what a great fan hahaha:D

just messin w/ ya...thats why im saying that whoever wins....im proud of them!!

No, I just couldn't stand Kermit!

Black_Magic
11-10-2004, 12:55 PM
Ranger Mon. You guys hated Kermit and there was extreem bat blood there as I remember.

Go 4-4A!! Out to prove where the West texas Football capital Lies!!! Between Snyder and Abilene along I 20 and 84! Im rooting For sweetwater in part to see a rematch in round 4:D . 4 4A ..Toughest District in the state.

Ranger Mom
11-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Ranger Mon. You guys hated Kermit and there was extreem bat blood there as I remember.

Go 4-4A!! Out to prove where the West texas Football capital Lies!!! Between Snyder and Abilene along I 20 and 84! Im rooting For sweetwater in part to see a rematch in round 4:D . 4 4A ..Toughest District in the state.

If that rematch happens, I will definately be there!!

Just what side I am going for will be anybody's guess!:thinking:

Or will it??:nerd:

mustang04
11-10-2004, 01:01 PM

ur right...if those east texas teams wanted to go on a road trip and play GREAT west texas teams, they'd strt in abilene w/ the Wylie Bulldogs, then head west on I-20 to Sweetwater Mustang Territory, then head north on 84 to be greeted by the Snyder Tigers....talk about a GAUNTLET!!!!.....but i always wondered why Snyder isnt the White Buffaloes...cuz every time i go there to see friends...thats all i see haha....kinda like how Sweetwatwer has the Rattlesnake Roundup

mustang04
11-10-2004, 01:03 PM
If that rematch happens, I will definately be there!!

Just what side I am going for will be anybody's guess!:thinking:

Or will it??:nerd:

did i ever tell u how amazingly beauiful you look today?!!!:inlove: :D

Black & Gold
11-10-2004, 02:11 PM
did i ever tell u how amazingly beauiful you look today?!!!:inlove: :D

Don't listen to him Ranger Mom. There is a reason the rattlesnake round-up is in Sweetwater. They are all snakes. Cheer on Snyder. After this week of course.

mustang04
11-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Black & Gold
Don't listen to him Ranger Mom. There is a reason the rattlesnake round-up is in Sweetwater. They are all snakes. Cheer on Snyder. After this week of course.

theres a reason why snyder is home of the white buffaloes, a species that is extinct....just like their football season if they play us

Black_Magic
11-10-2004, 02:37 PM
i always wondered why Snyder isnt the White Buffaloes...cuz every time i go there to see friends...thats all i see haha....kinda like how Sweetwatwer has the Rattlesnake Roundup Well a short History Lesson. Fluvana ( a comunity just west of snyder 8 miles) was very close to the spot in the county where the last white buffalo was shot in the late 1800s. Fluvana at the time they had a high school had the mascot ( white buffalos). Snyder chose the tigers . goes good with the word Snyder... Snyder Tigers has a good ring to it.. it fits. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you... Thank you....:D

mustang04
11-10-2004, 06:40 PM
Well a short History Lesson. Fluvana ( a comunity just west of snyder 8 miles) was very close to the spot in the county where the last white buffalo was shot in the late 1800s. Fluvana at the time they had a high school had the mascot ( white buffalos). Snyder chose the tigers . goes good with the word Snyder... Snyder Tigers has a good ring to it.. it fits. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you... Thank you....:D

learn something new everyday...NOW heres sweetwater's story

we had already made the mustangs our mascot, but one day while the founding father was takin a squat in the boonies, he got bit on the arse by a rattler and died, so everyone in the community decided to round up all the snakes and kill them in his name!!.......:rolleyes: .......ok i cant keep a straight face i was just kiddin bout that, but it sounds good tho doesnt it:D

Black & Gold
11-10-2004, 10:31 PM
theres a reason why snyder is home of the white buffaloes, a species that is extinct....just like their football season if they play us

Even I thought that one was funny....I have to give it up to you on that one. Guess I ain't calling you guys snakes anymore!!!

mustang04
11-11-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Black & Gold
Even I thought that one was funny....I have to give it up to you on that one. Guess I ain't calling you guys snakes anymore!!!

werd:D

stateboundWR#5
11-11-2004, 10:04 AM
well... enuff with mascots, lets talk about the game!

westTXbest
11-11-2004, 10:49 AM
Yeah thats wht i was thinking too.

Black & Gold
11-11-2004, 10:57 AM
For a couple of guys wanting to talk about the game, ya'll didn't say much about it!!!

Ranger Mom
11-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Okay....I'll start!!

Has anybody heard when they will let us in the gates (without being charged for the previous game)?

I thought I heard someone say it was after the 3rd quarter!!

Black_Magic
11-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Well they didnt bring there a game or they r over rated. cause dee walker didnt do crap against us and we were leadin 14-0 at half , snyder lets everyoner play to close i think it ends friday for snyder. Overated???. this thread should be looked at again. Crow anyone?

Ranger Mom
11-13-2004, 11:06 AM
not this time. this thread should be looked at again.

I have to hand it to Snyder, Black Magic. Dee Walker was "on his game" last night. He is one slippery fellow!

I couldn't believe how many times we looked like we had him in the backfield, only to see him somehow get out of it and make some serious yards.

#13 did some major damage himself!

Congrats to Snyder, and good luck for the rest of the season.

Do yall have a time/place set yet?

I will be in Lubbock next weekend for my son's rodeo!

Ranger Mom
11-13-2004, 11:08 AM
Overated???. this thread should be looked at again. Crow anyone?

Ahh...you changed the post from the "original" one I quoted above. It kind of takes on a whole new meaning now.

No crow here, I never said anything one or the other. (I'm smart like that)!!:D

westTXbest
11-13-2004, 11:09 AM
Dude dont talk like ya'll or some bad arses ya'll could barely beat a team with a 5-5 record i would be bragging to much buddy good team dont have hell with teams that dont even have a winnig record, smarty. Yeah i know i talked some crap but i dont regret it cause ya'll almost got sent home at the end of the of the 4th so be glad that ya''l or that fortunate. Im sure your real proud that yall had hell with a 5-5 team, LOL.

Ranger Mom
11-13-2004, 11:11 AM
Here we go!!:rolleyes:

westTXbest
11-13-2004, 11:18 AM
what was that about? Here we go!

swatersenior
11-14-2004, 09:50 PM
im kinda hoping for a snyder-sweetwater reunion....

Da Mules
11-14-2004, 09:56 PM
well, we're kinda hopin for a 3M. Mules Mustangs Matchup!

mulefan
11-15-2004, 12:11 AM
im hoping for a mules / pirates reunion. oh what the heck i dont care as long as we are there.

GreenMonster
11-15-2004, 03:08 AM
winner of this game will run into Bridgeport/ Iowa Park winner. Should be IP. Good luck to both teams and may everyone have safe trips to the game and back home.