PDA

View Full Version : Bellville Brahmas vs Rockdale Tigers?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Bellville beats Rice 35-7 to claim the #1 seed and will face Rockdale Friday night in Bryan. How is Rockdale this year, give wins and losses, and scores. Give your insight and prediction on this 1st round play-off game?

I wounder if the opposem, will show up, that was there for the
Bellville vs Marlin game 2 years ago?:D

Who will be Home team?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
11-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Do you know where the game is in Bryan?

chs_cheer06
11-06-2004, 11:29 PM
Good luck Rockdale..

question: if Caldwell plays Navasota on Friday at Bryan High at 8pm where will Rockdale and Bellville play?

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-07-2004, 09:52 AM
Bellville and Rockdale play at Bryan High School Stadium Friday @ 7:30!
Give some info on Rockdale?

CheerMom
11-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Good Luck, Brahmas!!! Go make some noise!! Play safe and injury free!! Travel safely!!

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

HornetMom
11-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by chs_cheer06
Good luck Rockdale..

question: if Caldwell plays Navasota on Friday at Bryan High at 8pm where will Rockdale and Bellville play? Caldwell and Navasota will be at A&M Consol in College Station.

FormerBellvilleBrahma, the Bellville team playing now is obviously not the same team we played in Week 0. Wow what a great finish to your season, congrats. As far as Rockdale, it should be a battle. This one will be hard to call, but I will have to go with Rockdale.

Casey and Gary, great game Friday night. The battle of the defenses was something to watch. Good luck next week. We will be pulling for you. Hey Casey, sorry about the "Not this time, Casey" yell, but we just had to say it....lol. You were all over the place.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-07-2004, 10:20 AM
Hey H. mom, yes Bellville had a lot of players to replace from last year, and it was a little ruff at the start, but we got the right people in the right positions and started to gel as a team and ended up being the #1 team in district.
I think if we could have played some of the early teams again the out comes would be different!
Good luck to in the play-offs!
Navasota vs Caldwell game I see Navasota winning!

Bull's-eye
11-07-2004, 10:45 AM
Hey Former, where have you been all year? Great to have you back!

c-town_balla
11-07-2004, 12:24 PM
This game will be very close. Cameron played both teams and it's to close to call I think.

Bull's-eye
11-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by HornetMom
the Bellville team playing now is obviously not the same team we played in Week 0. Wow what a great finish to your season, congrats. Yes, this is not the same team from Week 0. Bellville has made some changes at QB, RB, SB and with their offensive line. Pope has replaced Sanders at QB, giving Bellville a better passing game. Sophomore Cooper has emerged as a tough runner, that has given Bellville a solid inside running game. Sanders is now more dangerous as a runner and a receiver. He plays the slot, but is moved around to take advantage of his speed. The offensive line has moved some players and are now very solid at run and pass blocking.
The defense has made a couple of changes, but their vast improvement is due to learning their positions. There were alot of new faces and 5 sophomores starting for the Brahmas. They recorded their best game of the year against a very good Rice offense.
I have seen this team grow quite a bit since their first game. Coach Chancellor and his staff have done a remarkable job. I think your 20-3A coach of the year is wearing a Bellville Brahmas cap.

HornetMom
11-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Congrats on your season. Good luck next week, but of course I have to stay with District 19 and the Tigers.

Have a great game and may both teams have an injury free game.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2004, 02:10 PM
The bad thing about this game is that the winner would have to more then likely face a very good Marlin team!

cunbed10
11-08-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by FormerBellvilleBrahma
The bad thing about this game is that the winner would have to more then likely face a very good Marlin team! oh! no Bellville vs Marlin III, I don't think they sale enough Pept-Bismol for the fans both Marlin and Bellville, I couldn't handle another stomach turning, up and Down, round and round match, I would rather face Caldwell, and start a new playoff foe, Bellville vs Marlin would be too much for the Blood pressure.

collegeboy7
11-08-2004, 03:02 PM
Caldwell is a great defensive team they shut down the run very well and after losing to Cameron they have also established a great passing defense. No question that Navasota has one of the best running Backs in 3a, but Caldwell's running back is just as good if not better. Navosota is good but i see Caldwell taking this one 21-7

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-08-2004, 03:47 PM
Hey Cunbed 10, how's it going? As much as I love my Brahmas, I would have to say they would have to play the best game of the season to have a shot at beating Marlin this year, If we were to get past Rockdale. Bellville has come a longway since pre- district, but we are still a young team. Good luck to both teams!

Bellville22
11-08-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by collegeboy7
Caldwell is a great defensive team they shut down the run very well and after losing to Cameron they have also established a great passing defense. No question that Navasota has one of the best running Backs in 3a, but Caldwell's running back is just as good if not better. Navosota is good but i see Caldwell taking this one 21-7

'collegeboy7': see "Navasota Rattlers vs. Caldwell Hornets", you got the wrong thread here

rhs78
11-08-2004, 07:54 PM
i like the upstart bellville team in this one, they a on a roll and seem to improve every week, they are peaking at the right time this will be a close game bellville by 6, good luck big red do d-20 right

keep_it_real
11-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Rockdale is due and due at the right time, so Tigers don't fail me, I dont want to see holding penalties from the guard or tackle on the opposite side of the field when we get a good run, or secondary getting burned. Just play football and you guys should win...........bust some heads

Bellville22
11-08-2004, 10:48 PM
I've only seen Rockdale schedule and scores. Can someone help me with a little info on the team...

Fast, strong, both?

What kind of offense? passing, running, spread, etc.

Players to watch?

And just flat out how good are they?

For Bellville....

Very athletic team. Not big, but athletic.

Show several sets on offense.

Players to watch: WR/RB/DB Sanders, #10; QB Pope, #8; RB Cooper, #28; DT Nunn, #30; DT Rodiek, #60

This is a young team, but they're growing up in a hurry. Very confident after playing a great game at Navasota, and upsetting Rice at Rice. This team is small, but features some guys who can make things happen from anywhere on the field. Feed off of emotion.

Strike Fast
11-08-2004, 11:17 PM
The game will be carried via live stream on the Texas Sports Radio Network.

http://www.tsrnsports.com/Broadcast/Broad-Rockdale.htm

Here is a schedule of other games around the state.
http://www.tsrnsports.com/Broadcast/Broadcast-Schedule-2002.htm

keep_it_real
11-09-2004, 12:57 PM
Rockdale has suprised me the whole season, I didnt think they would make the playoffs because they lost a LOT of talent and leadership last year, plus the new coach was bringing in an entire different system, but they have gotten better pretty much every week and play well, the only weakness I see is that when they get down, their their is a lack of leadership, this is the first year Rockdale hasn't had one of those guys,....(Bassler, Lightsey, Huff, Garza, Sulak, Williams, Maldonado) to step up and bring them back. I know if the the Tigers play sound football, then they are a tough team. GOOD LUCK TIGERS

IHStangFan
11-09-2004, 12:59 PM
LETS GO ROCKDALE!!

keep_it_real
11-09-2004, 01:05 PM
Hey IHS I used to live in Odem in Jr. High before they went down to AA, and Ingleside was in our district......I remember they had a runningback named Bubba Jackson, that cornbread white boy was bad....

coiled2strike
11-09-2004, 01:15 PM

IHStangFan
11-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by keep_it_real
Hey IHS I used to live in Odem in Jr. High before they went down to AA, and Ingleside was in our district......I remember they had a runningback named Bubba Jackson, that cornbread white boy was bad.... yeah, Bubba was a year younger than me....he was JUST fast enough..but what made him bad was that he was big, strong and agressive..he'd RATHER run someone over than go around them. Odem huh? the Owls...i remember them at track meets...they always had some pretty good chunkers.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Still not sure on who the winner of this game will play?

rhs78
11-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Marlin will play winner of rockdale vs bellville.

CheerMom
11-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Go Brahmas!!! Go Get them Tigers!!!

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

BrahmaMom
11-09-2004, 06:10 PM
I think the Brahmas may be able to take on Rockdale this week after, as one player's mom said, Bringing their A game to Rice". We'll have to do it again. The Moms on the thread have been supportive of the Brahmas becasue they, too, have "watched" the Brahmas grow up this season. Thanks, Moms. 22, you called it right last week, I'm impressed. One game at a time, Bulls. GO BRAHMAS!

rhs78
11-09-2004, 07:39 PM
go brahmas, good luck and do d-20 well, three of us raider fans will be in the stands friday to lend support and watch a good playoff game. your team showed class as usuall last week at the swamp..

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-09-2004, 08:23 PM
Let's go Bellville! Prove all these predictors wrong!

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-09-2004, 09:23 PM
How are the Rice players that went out of the game?

Bellville22
11-09-2004, 10:48 PM
Who's home/away Friday night?

Old Tiger
11-09-2004, 11:03 PM
Bellville - Home
Rockdale - Away

52madmidget
11-10-2004, 09:01 AM
Go for the Big WIN Rockdale, I won't be there but You'll be in my prayers, Be Safe and Be careful!!

LH Panther Mom
11-10-2004, 09:07 AM
I'll be rooting for you, Rockdale! Go, Tigers!

Bellville22
11-10-2004, 12:24 PM
This is a very tough game to predict for me for several reasons. First, I know next to nothing about Rockdale, usually I can get some sort of feel for a team, even without seeing them, but that's not the case this week. Second, while this Bellville team is playing very well right now, they're still very young, and the playoffs is a different ball game. Granted many of these kids have seen action from the sidelines in the previous year or two, but few have been in on the action. I'm anxious to see how this reletively inexperienced team performs in the playoffs.

Bellville (based on points) won a very tough District 20. And while they meet up with the 3rd place team, Rockdale is a third place team from another very tough district. One could argue that D19 is deeper and stronger than D20. While struggling against Cameron, the Tigers had a pretty good showing holding Caldwell to 12 points, which isn't easy. From what I know, they're an above average team who plays tough D, and they have a pretty good RB. I don't think he's very big, sounds like he's more of a slasher, who picks his holes and hits them. THey don't appear to be much of a threat to throw the ball, but I think are capable of doing so. Lack of a big back, and having a lesser passing game plays into the hands of the Bellville D, a defense that is small and has shown to be a tad vulnerable to the pass. Rockdale is the underdog here according to most everyone. Throw in the fact that Bellville has beat them pretty soundly the past few years, and you'll see a hungry Tiger team take the field Friday night in Bryan.

As I said above, Bellville is rolling. It started with a last second win against rival Sealy. That was followed by a game in which Bellville came out and played what, up to that point in the season, was their best game against Navasota. While they lost on a last second TD, they certainly showed that they had improved, and could play with the big boys. A pounding of the Bobcats set the stage for a district showdown with Rice in the final week. While Rice, for obvious reasons, didn't have their best game, the Brahmas put together yet another tremendous team effort. This is a team that began the year 0-3 and struggling in every aspect of the game. They've come along way, peaked at the right time, and are riding a wave of confidence into the playoffs. I look for them to come out Friday ready to go, and with that same confidence.

I think Bellville will be able to move the ball against Rockdale. They just have too many athletes who have improved so much to be shut down. Sanders is showing everyone the superstar he is, Pope is continuing to become more comfortable, and see the game slow down for him in the pocket, and the sophomores on this team have some much needed experience under their belts, they've stepped up the entire second half. I don't expect Bellville to change much, they'll spread the ball around, giving several players several carries, and try and stay somewhat balanced with the pass. If this offense can put up 24+, I think they'll be in good shape, because this defense is finally where it needs to be. I also look for more big plays in the special teams. They have athletes capable of making something happen, don't expect them to hold anything back Friday.

I think this will be yet another great matchup between the two districts. Bellville has to continue to show how they've matured this year, and not let their youth show. If they get a big play early, watchout. But if Rockdale can put them in a whole in the first quarter and kill some of that confidence, they can exploit the inexperience. I expect this to be close throughout, but in the end I see Bellville's athletes being too much for the Tigers...

Bellville 27
Rockdale 21

RTX 14
11-10-2004, 01:53 PM
very nice right up and i would agree with almost everything but i have to say rockdale on top because i think bellvilles has too many young players, and like u said, some who have never seen the field in the playoffs

keep_it_real
11-10-2004, 01:53 PM
Bellville22, well written post....seriously

would you like to write some of my techwriting assignments for me....... j/k he pretty much sums it up, young improved bellville, against an unpredictable Rockdale team (you never know how they will play)

Bellville22
11-10-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by keep_it_real
Bellville22, well written post....seriously

would you like to write some of my techwriting assignments for me.......

Haha, I would love to write them, they wouldn't happened to be about football, would they. Haha

Bull's-eye
11-10-2004, 07:59 PM
Very hard to predict, not knowing too much about Rockdale. I know they must have a good run defense, seeing that they held Caldwell to 12 points. They did lose to Cameron 34-6, which tells me they may struggle against a passing team or a team that can mix things up on offense. Bellville does have this type of offense and I think this will give them the advantage. Bellville has a small, but good attacking defense. They did have their share of problems stopping the big backs (Smith, Pittman) , but did a great job containing the "normal size" backs. Another advantage will be the coaching. This Bellville staff has quite a bit of play-off experience. The players may be young, but most of them have seen play-off action. Last year's deep play-off run gave alot of them playing time. The young players have a season under their belt, so inexperience shouldn't be a problem. Yes, this team lost to Caldwell and Cameron, but they have really grown since then and are not the same team.

Bellville 28
Rockdale 14

BrahmaMom
11-10-2004, 08:12 PM
Thanks, Bull's Eye, for reminding 22 that young Brahma players did see action in the playoffs last year. I commented at the time how wise a move I thought that was, given the youth of the '04 team. That vision could make the difference for Bellville this playoff season. I think the Brahmas can take Rockdale this week if they stay focused. They are getting pumped, their confidence is in place, the Bellville tradition is riding high, I just think they will get better every week. Hey, Bull's Eye, I've lost the Red Mustache--can you fill me in? PM me if necessary--BrahmaDad is getting a little shaggy! GO BRAHMAS--I love ya!!!!!

Bull's-eye
11-10-2004, 08:15 PM
I always like to see which players will be called up to the varsity. Bellville has a very good freshman class and there should plenty of them on the sidelines. It's kind of like a sneak preview for next year. Hope we have some size from this group, the kind we had in 2001. I know BrahmaMom would like to see those big linebackers!

scotty
11-10-2004, 08:23 PM
Early in the season I watched #1 ranked Cuero and I wasn’t overly impressed. They continue to be #1.
I saw Rice defeat Sealy in a very physical game and felt as though Rice was a better football team than Cuero.
I saw Bellville twice and neither time was I at all impressed. That was before Saturday.
But Saturday I saw the biggest turnaround of a football team that I have ever witnessed in my over 50 years of following high school football.
Bellville was absolutely unbelievable in the win over Rice.
Granted what many of the Rice players witnessed when they came upon the tragic accident that claimed the lives of four of their schoolmates, the day before, had to have an effect on their play. Many of those kids were the first at the scene… can you only imagine how tragic that must have been.
In spite of all that Bellville convinced me that they could play defense. All year the offense was pretty good, but Saturday they proved they could also play defense.
While I know very little about Rockdale, I feel that Bellville will win over the Tigers and represent themselves will against Marlin the following week.

sinton66
11-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Good luck Brahmas, we're pulling for ya!

BrahmaMom
11-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Yep, Bull's Eye, you know how I feel about big LB's--I like 'em at least 210 lbs! A sneak preview is fun and I hope there is some meat on that field, although I'll give our defense a ton of credit, they showed me you don't have to be big to be BAD! Thanks for the kudos, scotty, coming from you, it's a huge compliment. The Brahmas have earned it, they have really done Bellville proud. And 66, thanks for the love from Sinton, we did make wonderful friends down there. Best of luck to all my 3A friends, especially please be safe as you travel to watch your game of the week. GO BRAHMAS!!!

keep_it_real
11-11-2004, 01:06 AM
we are tailgating before hand " well not actually tailgating"............but we are going to have a little pre game party at my friends house off University

chugbug
11-11-2004, 09:48 AM
I have got to go with Bellville in this one. Coach Chancellor can't wait for a rematch with Marlin. The Bellville team made a believer out of me last Saturday. Good Luck Bellville.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :flamingma

snakebite
11-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Good Luck Bellville, should be a good game. I will be at A&M Consolidated watching the Rattlers take on the Hornets. Hopefully district 20 will make a clean sweep!

keep_it_real
11-11-2004, 03:43 PM
Good luck Rockdale I will be at the game hoping Rockdale and district 19 make a clean sweep

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-11-2004, 09:45 PM
The winner of this game will play China Spring vs Marlin game, this game is going on tonight, any updates out there on the Marlin vs China Spring game?

Bellville22
11-11-2004, 10:40 PM
China Spring 17, Marlin 14; near the end of the 3rd

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-12-2004, 12:13 AM
Marlin wins in the last 4:00, having to score 15, China Spring must have had a pretty good team, and a 3rd place team in there district. lets get a Bellville win and then call the opposem!:D

Bull's-eye
11-12-2004, 01:46 AM
Former, you wouldn't put that opossum on the pit?:thinking: Go Bulls!!:flamingma :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma :flamingma

BrahmaMom
11-12-2004, 07:55 AM
Best of luck tonight to my Brahmas (I guess I should say "our" Brahmas and share them with the rest of the fans!). You guys have worked for months for this. Every game you've honed your skills, every practice you've improved as a player and as a team. You've done what "they" thought couldn't be done. Red Mustache believed in you then, and you made believers out of doubters early on. Get out there, bring your A game, play every down as if it were your last, and keep us in the fight. GO BRAHMAS!!!!

Bull's-eye
11-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Are you ready for some play-off football? Good luck to both teams, no injuries and safe traveling for all. Go Bulls!!

UPanIN
11-12-2004, 11:52 AM
Go Brahmas!

The Rattlers are pulling for you.

Bellville 35
Rockdale 13

Bull's-eye
11-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Thanks UPanIn! Good luck to the Rattlers, I'll be listening on 1550 AM.

rhs78
11-12-2004, 02:24 PM
good luck bellville the raiders are pulling for you. i'll even be at the game tonight.

pavie007
11-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Good luck to Chase (#54) and all of the Bellville Brahma squad in the game tonight! These guys have come so far this season and earned a playoff spot that many thought would be unattainable at the beginning of the season. As long as they keep working hard and playing with such a large amount of heart, there's no telling how far these guys could go. Whether they win or lose, however, the boys always play with good sportsmanship and are a class act. In my eyes, that always makes them true winners. I will definitely be there to support all of you guys tonight!! Hopefully we'll see a great win over Rockdale! I don't know much about Rockdale, but I'll make a prediction anyway. Go Brahmas!!!

Bellville 28
Rockdale 10

Bull's-eye
11-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Welcome aboard "pavie007" Good first post.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-12-2004, 06:09 PM
I have the cold drinks iced down, the car full of gas, and on the road! Go Bellville Beat Rockdale!!!!!!
See everyone there, and have a safe trip!!!

keep_it_real
11-13-2004, 04:43 AM
good job bellville and good luck to you guys next week.....Rockdale fan