PDA

View Full Version : Aww Jasper's First Excuse Isn't It Cute??

Keith7
11-06-2004, 08:29 PM
Here is what happened

This game was meaningless except fpr braggin rights....That bein said, we did not play our #1 rb to make sure he would be healthy in the playoffs

The game was tied and went to OT....Silsbee scored first, then Jasper scored and went for 2, because we have no kicker.......Our Qb ran it in and Silsbee knocked the ball away from him......It looked like he was already in the endzone before the fumble....so it shoulda been good......but the referees, who were horrible all night said he didnt make it......I would really love to see a replay

All that said, let me say Silsbee is definitely legit....I would definitely rank them in my top 5, maybe top 3

If this game had more importance, I would say Jasper would have pulled out all the stops and won it......That running back is a big time player on our team, because we run prolly 80% of the time.....And he is probably our best player

The good thing is, there were no injuries for Jasper and we are 100% healthy goin into to the playoffs.....So I am kinda dissapointed we lost, but not worried.....I think we will be okay

GreenMonster
11-06-2004, 08:31 PM
Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Keith7
11-06-2004, 08:32 PM
It wasnt by anybody on this board and after ANY TEAM's losses there is always gonna be someone w/ an excuse and its actualy more of a compliment that i made this thread because its the first and only excuse i've heard

lilt1506
11-06-2004, 08:57 PM
I beleive Jasper played the best they could but got over confidant and went for two instead of going for the extra point

gobblerfan02
11-06-2004, 09:00 PM
...and where is the credit goin to Silsbee? They seem to be a legit team going into the post season!

Hupernikomen
11-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
It wasnt by anybody on this board and after ANY TEAM's losses there is always gonna be someone w/ an excuse and its actualy more of a compliment that i made this thread because its the first and only excuse i've heard

so why bring it on this board and try to make the rest of us Jasper posters look bad?

Everything I have read gave nothing but props to Silsbee for winning the game.

P.S. I think Gainesville has a little experience playing without their RB this year as well.

Tiger90
11-06-2004, 09:10 PM
So far the Jasper faithful have acknowledged a good game and gracious defeat. There will always be bad calls in amateur sports. If we want to talk film we could talk how many feet Silsbee's rb was past the goalline and in the endzone (3-4 feet accordingto film)when he supposedly fumbled late in the 4th. A better call from the refs and O/T would have been a moot point. Both teams laid it on the line and made it a spectacular game with a memorable ending. For anyone that was there I imagine we'll remember that game til we are 80. I hope both do well in the playoffs.

lilt1506
11-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
so why bring it on this board and try to make the rest of us Jasper posters look bad?

Everything I have read gave nothing but props to Silsbee for winning the game.

P.S. I think Gainesville has a little experience playing without their RB this year as well.
I agree Jasper poster have not said any thing about Silsbee or made any excuses for last night

Hupernikomen
11-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Tiger90
So far the Jasper faithful have acknowledged a good game and gracious defeat. There will always be bad calls in amateur sports. If we want to talk film we could talk how many feet Silsbee's rb was past the goalline and in the endzone (3-4 feet accordingto film)when he supposedly fumbled late in the 4th. A better call from the refs and O/T would have been a moot point. Both teams laid it on the line and made it a spectacular game with a memorable ending. For anyone that was there I imagine we'll remember that game til we are 80. I hope both do well in the playoffs.

I wondered about that call myself. Like the other one I couldn't tell from my angle. Lots of missed opportunites by both teams. I have noticed through the years that good teams have a way of making other good teams look bad at times and vice versa. Those two teams were very evenly matched.

Tiger90
11-06-2004, 09:54 PM
I felt Silsbee's oline was blowing Jasper off of the line most of the night while the pure athleticism of Jasper's qb was hard to contain. I do not know much about Palestine but I feel they will have trouble with the execution speed of Silsbee at the line. It is hard to defend the run and the pass when both are clicking. I have noticed McGallion opening the offensive playbook. To be honest I feel Silsbee is coming together now. Last night's game was balanced offensively for Silsbee. Jasper did do well tripling Doss but as could be seen, others step up. I try to be reserved but I can not tell you the excitement I have for our chances. At this point I feel the toughest opponent for us not to reach the championship game with be ourselves and miscues.

SHS
11-06-2004, 09:58 PM
Coach McGallion deserves this undefeated season. He and his staff have done a great job!

Keith7
11-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by lilt1506
I agree Jasper poster have not said any thing about Silsbee or made any excuses for last night

thats what i said

Gasilla
11-07-2004, 12:11 AM
I think Gainesville has a little experience playing without their RB this year as well.

Yeah, sounds like I've read that excuse a FEW times too...

Keith7
11-07-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Gasilla
Yeah, sounds like I've read that excuse a FEW times too...

you are right.. but if no one from jasper is gonna use the excuse, and since i have plenty of practice, i decided to do the honors

Gasilla
11-07-2004, 12:20 AM
LOL... you're definitely good at it... :D

j_dog
11-07-2004, 12:27 AM
you are right.. but if no one from jasper is gonna use the excuse, since i have plenty of practice, i decided to do the honors
Why would anyone from Jasper want to use the excuse that their top RB was out? :thinking: The replacements did a pretty good job. :) After all, it was not as if the Jasper offense was totally shut down. But it WILL be nice to have him back for Diboll! :)

Keith7
11-07-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
Why would anyone from Jasper want to use the excuse that their top RB was out? :thinking: The replacements did a pretty good job. :) After all, it was not as if the Jasper offense was totally shut down. But it WILL be nice to have him back for Diboll! :)

somebody else wrote that.. i was just informing people

Hupernikomen
11-07-2004, 12:30 AM
The only way Patton would have help us much is if he could play defensive line. That is where we lost this game, well and not being able to pass the ball. Outside of our little bubble pass to the running back, completions were few and far between. Once again we tried little but the home run. Actually, I guess Patton could have played some qb, but I don't see how you can not play Moye at that position he is so explosive. Reminds me of UT this year. Young is just too good not to have the ball is hand..so is Moye.

Hupernikomen
11-07-2004, 12:33 AM
somebody else wrote that.. i was just informing people

yeah I like the way you worded it in your thread title....both belittling and anticipatory. Oh, and thanks for the underhanded compliment in your susequent post.

j_dog
11-07-2004, 12:37 AM
......Actually, I guess Patton could have played some qb, but I don't see how you can not play Moye at that position he is so explosive. Reminds me of UT this year. Young is just too good not to have the ball is hand..so is Moye.
Absolutely! He may not be the best high school QB in Texas this year, but I would argue that he is most likely the best Soph QB at ANY level in Texas. AlanZ at TexasPrep has already predicted that he will be the District's MVP. He has the potential to score on any down, from any place on the field.

Hupernikomen
11-07-2004, 12:44 AM
No doubt he is the most explosive player in the district that I saw this year. I didn't see kirbyville or buna. However, I would think the MVP was earned by Silsbee's quarterback.

Hupernikomen
11-07-2004, 12:45 AM
of course Silsbee's rb or dodd wouldn't be bad choices either. dodd didn't have huge number against Jasper but I understand he had a very good season.

tigerettedad
11-07-2004, 09:39 AM
of course Silsbee's rb or dodd wouldn't be bad choices either. dodd didn't have huge number against Jasper but I understand he had a very good season. if your talking about # 2 his name is doss or if your talking about # 30 his name is moss!!

Hupernikomen
11-07-2004, 10:04 AM
2, 4 and 11 are the ones that stuck out to me offensively. but I haven't seen them all year so 30 could be just as good.

Jason1725
11-07-2004, 11:46 AM

I have a picture of that so called first "TD" that shows the ball was out BEFORE he was in the endzone. If anyone knows how to post those here PM me and I will send it to you. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Old No. 7
11-07-2004, 09:01 PM
Well congrats to Silsbee. Yall have a good team this year for sure. I watched the game by a very good friend of mine from Silsbee( not tigerettedad though he is a dad of a Tigerette) we thought the ball came loose before the Silsbee back broke the plain of the goal line.

Good luck to Silsbee. I hope yall go far in the playoffs. ;)

JHS_c/o_06'
11-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by Jason1725
I have a picture of that so called first "TD" that shows the ball was out BEFORE he was in the endzone. If anyone knows how to post those here PM me and I will send it to you. A picture is worth a thousand words.

I saw the same thing....in fact....i was standing beside you not 10 feet from the goal line when you took the picture. I just didnt want to "make an excuse". When you send me the pic...ill get it up....and we will see what really happened....i dont know if what i saw really happened....but we'll see. Besides that....it was an amazing game by both teams. I've never seen 2 crowds so excited in my life. When our QB ran for that 65 yard TD, our crowd was louder than a KISS concert (i would know...ive been to one) but good job silsbee, and good luck in the playoff.....now i dont know about yall....but im ready to play some lumber jacks.

mistanice
11-07-2004, 11:25 PM
You say you're ready to play some lumberjacks......do you play, if so what number are you and what position?

JHS_c/o_06'
11-08-2004, 07:38 PM
OK here ya go, Heres the picture. Think what you want to.

www.colorz4u.com/notd.jpg

tigerettedad
11-08-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'

www.colorz4u.com/notd.jpg hell i cant make it out, which side is the endzone or not ?? what do you think? in or out? i know he was in i was right by it!!!!! he was a good foot to foot in a half in the endzone!!! but it dont really matter we won and there is no reason to cry over spilt milk!!!

JHS_c/o_06'
11-08-2004, 09:13 PM
Your right, we really cant do anything about it. But, it just goes back to that thing about one bad call can change a game. But it doesnt really matter, I saw what i saw and i think Jasper should have won. But im not crying, because both teams played a helluva game and everyone should be proud. Now its playoff season and our slates are clean and our records are 0 and 0. I cant wait for some friday night lights. Goodluck to everyone playing friday/sat(for some).

Hupernikomen
11-08-2004, 09:48 PM
very nice picture...now I wish I could see one of Moye when the ball was knocked out at the other end...man the more I think about it the more I realize that game was a classic.

Jason1725
11-09-2004, 12:51 AM
This is what I saw through the view finder. he never moved forward after the hit Bronson put on him, about a second after this picture the Silsbee player did a spin move in to the end zone and when he did the line judge said TD. After seeing the picture I actually think he thought the helmet of Bronson was the ball, and just figured he lost it after he did the spin move. But he clearly fumbled before he was in the end zone. Jasper made the playoffs so I guess is doesn't matter. The Moye TD was on the Silsbee side so I didn't have a picture of it I wish I did though. I think we as fans need to move on because they play Friday and nothing will be done about this game.

Jason1725
11-09-2004, 12:55 AM
hell i cant make it out, which side is the endzone or not ?? what do you think? in or out? i know he was in i was right by it!!!!! he was a good foot to foot in a half in the endzone!!! but it dont really matter we won and there is no reason to cry over spilt milk!!!

The white line is the endzone, he WAS not in. I was right by it because it happened right in front of me and I was looking through a zoom lens.

spiveyrat
11-09-2004, 07:49 AM
I don't know if it was the ref in the picture that called it. But, he is in good position to see the fumble but a bad position to call a TD.

Jason1725
11-09-2004, 08:09 AM
That ref might have called it a TD late but the one to do it first was the side judge who was in a better position to see that the ball had came out. That side judge was something else, he jumped on my friend who was at the game for not giving him the ball once like he was a ball boy or something lol!

X Man
11-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Jasper, like Bridge City, put their best game effort into playing WOS. Let's see how they do in the playoffs. Jasper always has a good team, but has problems being prepared for the playoffs. Bridge City had a good game plan for the WOS game, let's see if they can continue with this effort.

Good luck to all the Southeast Texas teams!

spiveyrat
11-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by X Man
Jasper, like Bridge City, put their best game effort into playing WOS. Let's see how they do in the playoffs. Jasper always has a good team, but has problems being prepared for the playoffs. Bridge City had a good game plan for the WOS game, let's see if they can continue with this effort.

Good luck to all the Southeast Texas teams!

Personally, I wouldn't say Jasper has had problems being prepared for the playoffs in the last couple of years. I will say in '02, they weren't prepared for Burnet, though. In '03, they were.

lilt1506
11-09-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'

www.colorz4u.com/notd.jpg
the ball is out of his hands when the pic. was took if he held the ball forward the ball would be over the line