PDA

View Full Version : Rice/Bellville

Old Tiger
11-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Update thread!

blue3
11-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Is this going to be broadcast on the radio? what station?

HornetMom
11-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Bellville has the game on 107.3. That is where I pick it up in Caldwell.

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 03:03 PM
its 2:03. Whats happened so far???

blue3
11-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by HornetMom
Bellville has the game on 107.3. That is where I pick it up in Caldwell.

What's that station called? Is it being broadcast on the internet? I'm not picking it up here in Rockdale.

HornetMom
11-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Not very good with play by play. Raiders won the toss and received. They are on their 45, 3rd and 10.

HornetMom
11-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by blue3
What's that station called? Is it being broadcast on the internet? I'm not picking it up here in Rockdale.

Not sure. Its a soft rock type station out of Bellvill. They also broadcast on 97.something (I think). I'll try to find out about internet.

Raiders just punted. Bellville's ball.

HornetMom
11-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Touchdown for Bellville. 2:02 minutes left in 1st quarter

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 03:27 PM
is the xtra point good??? haha get on aim so i can bug u

HornetMom
11-06-2004, 03:31 PM
Yes PAT was good. They are in the second now and still 7-0. Also they keep saying that the Bellville band hasn't shown up yet. The annoucers don't seem to know why either.

Flourhead
11-06-2004, 03:33 PM
is charles huffman doing any good?

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 03:35 PM
Raiders take over on their 42 yard.

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 03:37 PM
Rice has to punt back to The Bellville.

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 03:40 PM
6:56 left in the half and bellville punts. rice takes over at their 38

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 03:41 PM
Huffman runs and gets first down to the 48 of Bellville.

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 03:41 PM
Huffman (rice) finds another hole. 2nd and 2

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 03:43 PM
1st down. Huffman finds a hole and runs for the touchdown. and PAT is good. 7-7 with 4:52 left in the half

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Bellville touchdown. no word on the band.: PAT good. 14-7.

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 04:02 PM
47 seconds left in 1st half and still 14-7 bellville

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Band, yet? :confused:

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Band, yet? :confused: they said that the drill team had a competition or something to go to so maybe the band went too.

HornetMom
11-06-2004, 04:07 PM
No band yet. They still are not sure why. The drill team had a competition apparently, but the annoucers are not sure why the band is not there.

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 04:09 PM
Go Brahmas!!!!!

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 04:40 PM
well the game has started back. mom is busy and CHS_CG is keeping me updated she said she will only tell me when they score.:(

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2004, 04:42 PM
:(

CHS_CG
11-06-2004, 04:42 PM
you tryin listening to this guy who is callin the game.. its like tryin to stay awake listening to Dan Rather!

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Lol! I'm listening to crappy radio reception for Tech, watching A&M/OU and posting.

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 04:44 PM
rice kicked a field goal but it wasnt good so bellville will take over still 14-7 Bellville!!

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 04:44 PM
8 minutes left in the 3rd quarter

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Go Brahmas!

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 04:47 PM
4down and 18 for bellville and they are punting it . rice at the 40 yard line

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 04:48 PM
rice fumbles, bellville recovered

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 04:51 PM
bellville punting the ball rice will recieve at the 45

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 04:53 PM
CHS_CG left i think mom is comming back to give me updates???

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 04:59 PM
TOUCHDOWN BELLLVILLE!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BRAHMAS!!!! PAT IS GOOD 21-7 BELLVILLE!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Wow!

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 05:03 PM
End of the 3ed Quarter* im cheering* 21-7 Bellville Brahmas!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2004, 05:05 PM
Good job, Brahmas.

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 05:10 PM
BELLVILLE BRAHMAS SCORE AGAIN!!!! PAT IS GOOD 28-7

downlower
11-06-2004, 05:16 PM
so i just walked outside and heard a cow saying, "moo cow moo"

ROY
11-06-2004, 05:18 PM
Looks like there will be a 3 way tie for the District Crown! What way to end great district play! Hope Bellville can pull of this upset.

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 05:23 PM
Bellville scores again 35-7 4:15 left in the game.

theyoefnshow
11-06-2004, 05:26 PM
gotta wonder how much the tragedy from yesterday is playing a factor here. Not taking away from Bellville as they are a good squad but Rice is just getting demolished here.

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
gotta wonder how much the tragedy from yesterday is playing a factor here. Not taking away from Bellville as they are a good squad but Rice is just getting demolished here. Me and hornet mom were talking about that!!

marlin fan
11-06-2004, 05:31 PM
Bellville 34 Rice 7 final

ROY
11-06-2004, 05:32 PM
I have to agree with you 'show'. I'm sure those Rice kids are finding it hard to fight in this one.

theyoefnshow
11-06-2004, 05:32 PM
So it's Cameron vs. Rice, Caldwell vs. Navasota and Rockdale vs. Bellville.....hmmmmm....I smells a road trip....

As for what happened yesterday, Cameron lost two of it's players in a train accident earlier this year and it's been 10 months and it still is not off the minds of these kids. It isn't going to be easy but I do applaud their team for making the effort to come out and play dispite what has happened. Congrats to Bellville though on a job well done and proving alot of people wrong who thought you all would have a down year!

downlower
11-06-2004, 05:33 PM
whoop there it is

Flourhead
11-06-2004, 05:33 PM
which one is D1?

coiled2strike
11-06-2004, 05:35 PM
navasota/caldwell

theyoefnshow
11-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Caldwell vs. Navasota is D1
Cameron (top seed) vs. Rice in D2
Rockdale vs. Bellville (top seed, D2)

HornetMom
11-06-2004, 05:43 PM
So it's Cameron vs. Rice, Caldwell vs. Navasota and Rockdale vs. Bellville.....hmmmmm....I smells a road trip....

As for what happened yesterday, Cameron lost two of it's players in a train accident earlier this year and it's been 10 months and it still is not off the minds of these kids. It isn't going to be easy but I do applaud their team for making the effort to come out and play dispite what has happened. Congrats to Bellville though on a job well done and proving alot of people wrong who thought you all would have a down year!

Yes it will never be off the minds of friends/family/community. It will be a year next Friday since we lost Kelley and not a day goes by that we don't think of her still. At the end of todays game, the Rice and Bellville players and the cheerleaders all met in the middle of the field and took a knee for a moment of silence for those killed yesterday.

rhs78
11-06-2004, 06:16 PM
i have to give credit to bellville they played a very good game and they won, the real winners were the rice team,students and communities as their hearts and minds were elsewhere today and they tried but the real rice team wasn't on the field today. fans were there but it was very hard to even think about or get excited about football or anything with the accident less than 24 hours ago. i applaud the team,fans and students for showing their spirit during a very difficult time. good luck to bellville and navisota and the raiders in the playoffs. only time will tell if this team can overcome such a difficult time in these young mens lives. after all it is just a game and life must go on,it a very hard lesson

CheerMom
11-06-2004, 06:47 PM
The Raiders showed great courage today by playing with such heavy hearts. I am proud of each and every one of them. It was very evident from the start of the game that these boys were there in body but not in mind. You couldn't ask for more. It is hard enough for adults to try to sort through something like this. We all have to remember that these are just kids and it is going to take a very long time for this to ever be better.
To the Raiders:
Hold your heads up high and be proud. You have nothing to be ashamed of. And remember that we are always behind you 100%.
And to the Brahmas:
You have once again shown us what a class act you are.

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2004, 06:48 PM
Brahmas, congrats on the big win. I know the first of the season was rough, with a few losses, but you never gave up nor did your true fans.

Insanity_Strikes_Again
11-06-2004, 07:56 PM
Not only were the raiders not focused, but only a few of them got more than 5 hours of sleep last night. The deaths in other communities have been tragic, but not near as tragic as this. This happened right after school where students witnessed the accident and over 3/4 of the Rice students were stopped there before an ambulance or any police arrived. They should not have to go through that, especially at this young of an age.

Bellville22
11-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Congrats to the Brahmas. I'm not sure, but I think this gives them the district championship. Tremendous turnaround for this team from the beginning of the year.

I'm certain the Raiders were playing with heavy hearts, and it must have been tough for them to show up and play a game today.

Our prayers continue to be with the families and friends of the young ladies and the baby.

Bellville will meet Rockdale Friday at 7:30 in Bryan at Viking Stadium.

Where do Rice and Cameron play?

theyoefnshow
11-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Hmm...i thought it'd be at Viking so unless we play on Saturday.....God I hope not Kyle field. Then again could be somewhere completely different.

CheerMom
11-06-2004, 08:14 PM
I was under the impression that the game would be in Seguin, Friday night, regardless if we played Rockdale or Cameron. Let me know if that's wrong.

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

theyoefnshow
11-06-2004, 08:16 PM
Seguin!??! That's a drive! Considering I get off of work @ 4:00.....then to fight Austin traffic at 5....ugh....

CheerMom
11-06-2004, 08:22 PM
Seguin!??! That's a drive! Considering I get off of work @ 4:00.....then to fight Austin traffic at 5....ugh....

I might be wrong. I don't know that's just what I heard. If anyone knows for sure, let us know. Thanks.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
11-06-2004, 08:47 PM
How are the 3 rice players that were hurt, How is Huffman ?

CheerMom
11-06-2004, 09:55 PM
Huffman was walking around at the end of the game with ice on his knee. Don't know the extinct of his injury. #8 that went down left the stadium after his injury. Haven't heard anything on him.

I think the emotional trauma to these players far outweigh any physical injuries. It will take a long time to heal. Too many students witnessed this tragedy and will haunt them for a long time.
They all just need to know how much we love them and will always be here to support them.

msgp
11-06-2004, 10:15 PM
Rice's next game was originally scheduled for Friday in Seguin but since we had to play on Sat. Coach Du wants to reschedule next week for Sat also. I've been told it may be at A & M Cons. instead of Seguin but all of this is yet to be worked out by the coaches. Congrats to Bellville. I thought this would be a tough contest but after yesterday I did not think it would be possible for the Raiders to focus on a football game. Don't know if they will be able to focus next week either. Not only are our players friends with the girls who died, the father of the infant killed is a member of our team.

Rattlermom
11-06-2004, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bellville22
[B]Congrats to the Brahmas. I'm not sure, but I think this gives them the district championship. Tremendous turnaround for this team from the beginning of the year.{QUOTE}

Bellville 22, after talking to a coach I know (not from Navasota), he seems to think that the District Championship is a three way tie, but because of the way the points were (wins, losses, etc..) that Bellville gets the Bye, NOT the district championship outright.

Please correct me if this is not the case... And congratulations on a great win!

Oh, and Red Mustache was seen at the Navasota game, but haven't heard if his mustache was red or blue...

CheerMom, when I told my son of the score of the Rice/Bellville game, he said "Rice had alot on their minds today". He knew the heart-ache they had to be feeling after yesterdays devestating news! No respect was lost for a great Rice team! And they are great!

CheerMom
11-06-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Rattlermom
[CheerMom, when I told my son of the score of the Rice/Bellville game, he said "Rice had alot on their minds today". He knew the heart-ache they had to be feeling after yesterdays devestating news! No respect was lost for a great Rice team! And they are great! [/B]

Thanks for the kind words. This is a great team and right now they are going thru hell. I am so proud of all of them for even playing today. It took alot for them just to be there. This will be a long and painful healing process.

Bull's-eye
11-07-2004, 04:06 PM
Congratulations Brahmas!! Bellville played it's best defensive game of the year, holding Rice to 137 total yards. Bellville's scoring came from Sanders(2), Bryant, Emshoff and Chad Harris.

Best of luck to the Rice team, fans and family. Most Bellville fans were happy with the victory, but felt your pain from friday's tragedy. As the line of cars left the stadium, we noticed the flowers and markers along the highway. Our prayers and thoughts will continue to be with this community.

CheerMom
11-07-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Bull's-eye
Best of luck to the Rice team, fans and family. Most Bellville fans were happy with the victory, but felt your pain from friday's tragedy. As the line of cars left the stadium, we noticed the flowers and markers along the highway. Our prayers and thoughts will continue to be with this community.

Thanks for the well wishes. The community has a long road ahead, as far as healing goes. We wish the Brahmas good luck in their playoff games!!! It was a very touching moment when the two teams met in the middle of the field after the game to pray. We thank you, and it proves what classy people you are. Ya'll should be very proud!!

Go Raiders!!! :cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

marlin fan
11-07-2004, 07:37 PM
want to say thanks to marlin fan, hornetmom and chs_cg for keepin us updated on this game!!:D

BrahmaMom
11-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Left for the weekend Friday afternoon, only to get the call about the tragic accident. Came back Sunday night to find the computer down. Today is the first day I've been on. I want to extend my heartfelt condolences to the community of Eagle Lake, the family and friends of these young people and the baby. CheerMom, y'all do have a long road ahead, may the prayers of others make it a little smoother. May some good come from such a terrible loss, even if it reminds us all life is precious and football isn't all there is to it. I am proud to hear that our boys handled the situation well, it is easy to put themselves in the other team's position. My prayers for comfort and strength will be coming your way for a long time. Best of luck to the Raiders as they continue on. May this be one way to work out some of the emotion in a productive manner. God bless.

CheerMom
11-09-2004, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
Left for the weekend Friday afternoon, only to get the call about the tragic accident. Came back Sunday night to find the computer down. Today is the first day I've been on. I want to extend my heartfelt condolences to the community of Eagle Lake, the family and friends of these young people and the baby. CheerMom, y'all do have a long road ahead, may the prayers of others make it a little smoother. May some good come from such a terrible loss, even if it reminds us all life is precious and football isn't all there is to it. I am proud to hear that our boys handled the situation well, it is easy to put themselves in the other team's position. My prayers for comfort and strength will be coming your way for a long time. Best of luck to the Raiders as they continue on. May this be one way to work out some of the emotion in a productive manner. God bless.

Thanks, BrahmaMom!! Everyone has been so supportive. It helps to know that others are there for you!! We appreciate it more than words can say!!