PDA

View Full Version : Barbers Hill 31 Bridge City 14 Final

Jody
11-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Well, let's see what people think. BH has been really banged up since the West Columbia game in September. We obviously have had a hard time on defense with all the injuries since September. Something like 6 or 7 starters out, I think. Bridge City has obviously had a resurection of sorts, and seem to be playing better. If it were week two, BC would not have a chance, however not sure at this point.

Here is mine: BH 28 BC 14

What is BC running game like now?

shellman54
11-06-2004, 10:30 AM
out on a limb here, but

BH 14
BC 7

bccards
11-06-2004, 10:33 AM
If the Bridge City team thay played last night comes out and plays again next Friday, Bridge City will win.

If the Bridge City team that played against Anahuac comes out and plays, Barbers Hill by a LOT!

our running game, we'll just say we got 300 rushing yards on WO-S last night, more than any team in our district.. Heck, We're the only team to give WO-S a fight..

i'm excited about our matchup again. You guys will get a second chance at BC. Whoever wins, get's to meet Jasper, whoops!

shankbear
11-06-2004, 10:34 AM
Just thinking that BC may handle the Hill this year. BC running game is solid with threats from Armand and QB Dishon. Both were over 100 yards rushing last night against WO-S. The passing game has rounded out with Dishon stepping up.

Bridge City Cards 21

Barbers Hill Eagles 14

mistanice
11-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by bccards
If the Bridge City team thay played last night comes out and plays again next Friday, Bridge City will win.

If the Bridge City team that played against Anahuac comes out and plays, Barbers Hill by a LOT!

our running game, we'll just say we got 300 rushing yards on WO-S last night, more than any team in our district.. Heck, We're the only team to give WO-S a fight..

i'm excited about our matchup again. You guys will get a second chance at BC. Whoever wins, get's to meet Jasper, whoops!

Dang, you already got them winning against Diboll? :P

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2004, 11:23 AM
BH 45
BC 14

eagle.eyes
11-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Due to injuries on the d-line and not being able to control the line of scrimmage, I'm afraid BC is going to run the football down our throats. 1 and out for the Hill.

Panther Ross
11-06-2004, 11:55 AM
BH by 14.

shellman54
11-06-2004, 12:28 PM
any word on time or location yet?

hsfootballrules
11-06-2004, 12:48 PM
BC 42
BH14

RBARKER
11-06-2004, 12:48 PM
I'm in agreement with most of the BH fans. BH about 5 weeks ago would have made a pretty good run in the playoffs. Our defense has lost 6 starters so most of our D is Sophmores, they are doing a heck of a job and should help out next year. Offense is without our staring QB, so it will be tough to score. BC seems to be peaking at the right time of the year. I do think the game will be close however, but with our banged up Defense BH will have to out score BC to win. I think this will be a 7 point game possibly going into OT to decide the winner. Got to back my boys.

BH 28
BC 21

Old Cardinal
11-06-2004, 12:52 PM
To Jody: On the BC website someone has a whole list of belittlement statements that you have personally made through the year downing both BC and Silsbee. I hope you have to eat your big words.
I predict BC by one or two TDs in a well played game and if it were Silsbee they would beat you by four TDs. Jody, I think you have let your peligan big mouth overload your chi-chi behind for quite a long time! LOL

bccards
11-06-2004, 01:11 PM
According to the BC website, the game will be played @ Crosby High School Friday Night @ 7:30pm

TheDOCTORdre
11-06-2004, 01:13 PM
BH-21
BC-13

3ABirdMan
11-06-2004, 03:48 PM
The HILL MAY be in BIG trouble...

1. IF BC plays the next 4 qtrs the way it has played the last 8, BC wins big (21+)
2. IF BC plays the way it played against Anahuac, Silsbee, or Jasper, BH collects $200 and passes GO to the next round, while BC stays at home.

I am predicting #1 above, but I will be the first to admit #2 may happen. Either way, it won't be a close game - Someone will dominate and win.

exbccards76'smom
11-06-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
any word on time or location yet?

Friday night at Crosby 7:30p.m.,

Rainman
11-06-2004, 11:22 PM
I pray we have better officials than the last time the Hill met Bridge City

CPI87
11-07-2004, 12:11 AM
This could be a tuff one for BH. We just aren't the same team we started with. If our new guy's could get used to the speed of the game it would help a lot. Having to put these soph on varsity it will take awhile for them to get used to the speed of the game. Time is something we don't have. I think they are playing hard though, and anything could happen. I'm not going to be cocky on this one. So I won't make a prediction, I'll just say GO GET EM EAGLES! We are pulling for you 100%.

Gasilla
11-07-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
To Jody: On the BC website someone has a whole list of belittlement statements that you have personally made through the year downing both BC and Silsbee. I hope you have to eat your big words.

That was yours truly, OC. What he didn't realize while spewing was that BC is a young team and they showed it early on. But, like young teams who have talent, they got better and did it at just the right time. I've got a feeling Jody will be eating a large serving of crow.

Jody
11-07-2004, 07:54 AM
I predict BC by one or two TDs in a well played game and if it were Silsbee they would beat you by four TDs. Jody, I think you have let your peligan big mouth overload your chi-chi behind for quite a long time! LOL

Yeah I have done a good job at smack talking. Hell crow has been tastin so good, why stop now. BC will get their butts whipped Friday.....:D

Best hope we don't bring our varsity team! :D

RBARKER
11-07-2004, 11:12 PM
I think this game will not be dominated by either side. BH has lost two games this year one by 1 point and one by 7 in OT. The Eagles will not quit until the game is over. BH could be in trouble this week, but if we can Limp by BC the team will have another week to get better. I went to the BC silsbee game and at that time in the season BC looked small and slow, I know yall have improved and look to be peaking at the right time. I wiss I could predict a blow out by the Eagles, but I have been watching this team get worse since week 5. On a good not I think the young D did a preety good job against Liberty and should play better this week.

RBARKER
11-08-2004, 10:16 AM
TTT

2futurecard'smom
11-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Hey Jody

Just wondering..........did BH bring their varsity team when they played Liberty????
Because as I recall, Liberty WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But you seem to have plenty of excuses as to why they lost and as to why BC could beat BH!

Hupernikomen
11-08-2004, 03:02 PM
ouch now you got mom after you.

RBARKER
11-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by 2futurecard'smom
Hey Jody

Just wondering..........did BH bring their varsity team when they played Liberty????
But you seem to have plenty of excuses as to why they lost and as to why BC could beat BH!

BH brought their Freshman to the liberty game to save their JV for BC :D

3ABirdMan
11-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
BH brought their Freshman to the liberty game to save their JV for BC :D

Well now I KNOW the Hill is in trouble! BC's Volleyball season is over, and that helps fill out our roster!:D (just kidding, girls - we're proud of you, too!:inlove: )

RBARKER, you and JODY kill me! We need to meet up at the game, if we can. I'd like to shake your hands and laugh at both of you IN PERSON!

Hupernikomen
11-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Rbarker is just kidding ...Jody is the real deal :D

RBARKER
11-08-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
Well now I KNOW the Hill is in trouble! BC's Volleyball season is over, and that helps fill out our roster!:D (just kidding, girls - we're proud of you, too!:inlove: )

RBARKER, you and JODY kill me! We need to meet up at the game, if we can. I'd like to shake your hands and laugh at both of you IN PERSON!

That would be great. We should set up a meet and greet at half time lets say by the consession stand.

bheaglefan
11-08-2004, 07:11 PM
well yea bh does have some good players out as of now! but that doesnt mean we cant play hard! yea we may have lost to liberty but like someone else said we didnt stop playin till the game was over! we arent talkin alot of crap because we arent as good as we could be and most of us know it! i believe in my BH boys 100% and know that they can get the job done! i dont know much about bridge city but im guessing that they are pretty good! so all i can say is may the best team win! :D

rhs78
11-08-2004, 07:23 PM
BH-24,BC-21

LHS62
11-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Having played both BC and BH I would have to say that BH is the much better team.

BH 27 BC14

2futurecard'smom
11-08-2004, 08:15 PM
Didn't BC play Liberty the first of the season or am I dreamin?

LHS62
11-08-2004, 09:13 PM
yes when liberty wasnt playing there best.

PANTHERFAN05
11-08-2004, 09:17 PM
Barbers Hill by 14

X21AAAPlayer
11-08-2004, 09:52 PM
BC 28 BH 10

Hupernikomen
11-08-2004, 10:05 PM
feeling spunky aren't we x?

this is going to be close. I can't see anyone beating BH by more than 2 TD's. Their defense is stingy...been very banged up. If they can get a couple back they might surprise some people.

X Man
11-08-2004, 10:33 PM
If Bridge City has the same officials that called their game against WO-S, and they play like they did against WO-S, they will win this one. If they play like they did against Anahauc, they might as well stay home. If they can't get the officials from their WO-S matchup,
but still play tough, they lose this one by 10.

Good Luck Bridge City! It's your time to take out Barber's Hill.

QBKilla
11-09-2004, 02:35 AM
It's payback time Eagles. I know atleast a couple of yall were on the sidelines the last time we played them. Nothing would make the class of '03 happier than to see yall beat BC lol. Go return the favor guys and while yall are at it, get healthy and put a run together through the playoffs like we all know you are capable of. Go get em guys.

Jody
11-09-2004, 07:15 AM

Sound like fun. I try real hard to foster a little humor for your reading pleasure. Have a safe trip over.

Jody
11-09-2004, 07:19 AM
Hey Jody

"Future Card's Mom"? Glad to see we can get you in the acion early on....LOL

No we brought our Freshman team to that Liberty match-up. We were doing some cross-training in tennis last Friday, so we decided to go ahead and give up one more game so we would have an easier path to the 2nd round playoff game.........:D

Jody
11-09-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen

this is going to be close. I can't see anyone beating BH by more than 2 TD's. Their defense is stingy...been very banged up. If they can get a couple back they might surprise some people.

Hey now....don't tell me I am finally converting you? You know we got a lot of people hurt now. Guess we need to get them back before the Jasper game.......:D I would just hate to have to wear that shirt after all the smack I am put out.....hahahaha

Hupernikomen
11-09-2004, 07:42 AM
you haven't converted me. I have given BH more consistent credit than you have. I was the first to call for them to be ranked. They are banged up mainly. If they get the big boys back they will be just fine.

RBARKER
11-09-2004, 09:04 AM
I tell you Eagle fans one thing you better cheer you butts' off at this game and quite sitting on our hands. Like I said, I have been to one Card game this year and although they were getting beat to death their fans were going crazy. I was very impressed with the fans at BC. I don't know what it is about BH fans, we bring good numbers to the games but everyone is quite unless the game is tight, we should be loud and proud the whole game.

Jody
11-09-2004, 10:05 AM
I tell you Eagle fans one thing you better cheer you butts' off at this game and quite sitting on our hands. Like I said, I have been to one Card game this year and although they were getting beat to death their fans were going crazy. I was very impressed with the fans at BC. I don't know what it is about BH fans, we bring good numbers to the games but everyone is quite unless the game is tight, we should be loud and proud the whole game.

Amen Brother! Those Card fans are awsome........almost as great as the Huffman fans.

My theory to your observation: We have a lot of new "BH Fans" that have relocated to BH recently and don't yest understand the tradition. I think Katy High went through the same transformation. Hopefully we will be rooting our buts off come our first 5A State Title.

Jody
11-09-2004, 10:06 AM
you haven't converted me. I have given BH more consistent credit than you have. I was the first to call for them to be ranked. They are banged up mainly. If they get the big boys back they will be just fine.

Not from a lack of trying huh? hahaha Good luck to Jasper Friday...... Who yall playing again?

I agree, if we get some defensive players back........look out!

2futurecard'smom
11-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Jody,
LOL, got a year and half before high school football with my oldest son, so I am getting into posting form before then, don't wanna be a rookie anymore!!!!! Just tryin to stay one step above the competition! And I won't be at the game Friday night, will be on the way to Aggieland for the Tech vs. A&M game and my daughter's ring dunking, but I think it's gonna be a good game! We are Big Red backers and hope they come to play! And come out on top, but good luck to both teams and lets hope it will be an injury free game for both teams. GO BIG RED!

Big C
11-09-2004, 10:53 AM

New and old fans need to be as loud as they can be on Friday. With all the comments floating around about how banged up we are, we need to let them know that we're behind them and that they can do this. They feed off the fans, so come on Eagles let's make some noise!!!!!

Jody
11-09-2004, 11:15 AM
Jody,
LOL, got a year and half before high school football with my oldest son, so I am getting into posting form before then, don't wanna be a rookie anymore!!!!! Just tryin to stay one step above the competition! And I won't be at the game Friday night, will be on the way to Aggieland for the Tech vs. A&M game and my daughter's ring dunking, but I think it's gonna be a good game! We are Big Red backers and hope they come to play! And come out on top, but good luck to both teams and lets hope it will be an injury free game for both teams. GO BIG RED!

That's awsome......! Dunking that ring is not the hard part, it's retreiving it withought throwing up all over the spectators. So is it getting dunked at Dixie Chicken?

How about them Aggies huh? A few turnovers away from whipping OU. Oh well, guess we will now take our agression out on UT........home of the weird and queer.

ej2525
11-09-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Jody
Amen Brother! Those Card fans are awsome........almost as great as the Huffman fans.

My theory to your observation: We have a lot of new "BH Fans" that have relocated to BH recently and don't yest understand the tradition. I think Katy High went through the same transformation. Hopefully we will be rooting our buts off come our first 5A State Title.

It won't be long before you guys have moved up a classification to 4A. Enjoy 3A while you still have it. May only have this year & next left. Huffman too!!

RBARKER
11-09-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by ej2525
It won't be long before you guys have moved up a classification to 4A. Enjoy 3A while you still have it. May only have this year & next left. Huffman too!!

I wonder what Huffmans numbers are I heard we (BH)are at 921 currnetly.

ej2525
11-09-2004, 12:37 PM
I have no idea of what the current numbers are as of today. But, I know Huffman turned in 868 last alignment and BH turned in 826. I live in Kingwood - just across the lake from Huffman. I see new houses going up just like I see it happening in the Mont Belvieu area too. I am just speculating Huffman & BH will take a step upward as the numbers seem to be climbing. I just don't have number to back it up.

Jody
11-09-2004, 01:35 PM

I tell you what, as tough as this regions 3-A is, not sure 4 A would not be a welcome. Look at WOS as an example......not exactly been a cake walk in 3-A for them, even as good as they were in 4-A. Week after week this year, who knows what team will be upset. I think everyne has had some shocking games this year......got to love it.

Heck, maybe we will even get a new offensive coordinator out of the deal.

2futurecard'smom
11-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Jody,
It'll be dunked out back of the Dixie Chicken. And amen to the hard part...............last I heard some of her friends were gonna go to Northgate early and buy the pitcher so it will have time to get warm before we get there and easier to chug................ugh, warm beer! Not sure if I think that is a good idea or not, but they seem to know all the little tricks.
And, yeah, how bout them Aggies! So close to the upset of the year! And you are so right on the turnovers, it's a crying shame they can't have them back as they were the difference in the game. But it was a great game, just hope Reggie is back for the next two. Oh, to beat Tech at home, then go to oddville and beat em in their house, don't know that I could contain myself, LOL! I am betting on it happening tho!
Will have my eye on BC's website for the updates on the game against your Eagles.

Rainman
11-09-2004, 01:53 PM
Barbers Hill needs to play mistake free football in order to win against a good team with the injuries they have. The Hill's defense must get tough and the offense open up and run more than the three plays they used against Liberty once Daniels was out of the game. All cylinders must be on go for the Eagles to have any hope of moving on to the next round.

BH- 28
BC- 24

shellman54
11-09-2004, 01:54 PM
Jody,
It'll be dunked out back of the Dixie Chicken. And amen to the hard part...............last I heard some of her friends were gonna go to Northgate early and buy the pitcher so it will have time to get warm before we get there and easier to chug................ugh, warm beer! Not sure if I think that is a good idea or not, but they seem to know all the little tricks.
And, yeah, how bout them Aggies! So close to the upset of the year! And you are so right on the turnovers, it's a crying shame they can't have them back as they were the difference in the game. But it was a great game, just hope Reggie is back for the next two. Oh, to beat Tech at home, then go to oddville and beat em in their house, don't know that I could contain myself, LOL! I am betting on it happening tho!
Will have my eye on BC's website for the updates on the game against your Eagles.

gotta love ya because you're an aggie. being from BC, well, that can be changed!!!! :D good luck to both teams friday, i will definatly be there, hope to see you there!!!!

2futurecard'smom
11-09-2004, 02:07 PM
WHOOP! and the same can be said from this side of the Trinity River, except it's "being from BH, well that can be changed", lol.
I hope the game turns out to be as close as I think it will be and may the best team win without injury (or bad refs). I think it will be a squeaker either way, but should be a good one!
Gig 'em and Go Big Red!:D

RBARKER
11-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
Barbers Hill needs to play mistake free football in order to win against a good team with the injuries they have. The Hill's defense must get tough and the offense open up and run more than the three plays they used against Liberty once Daniels was out of the game. All cylinders must be on go for the Eagles to have any hope of moving on to the next round.

BH- 28
BC- 24

True, But whats funny Rainman is that one of the three plays was working (Sweep right/left) and when we got into the red zone the OC started trying to run up the middle. I will never understand that mans logic. Oh well Liberty is over we have some Cardinals to deal with.

X Man
11-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Hey Jody, uhh, excuse me, you need to check the WOS game record in 24-3A, then let's talk cake walk. The only lost games were to Jasper by 2 points (they are not in our district), and Bay City, a tough 4A program, and WOS gave them fits for most of the game. 3A has many tough teams across the state, but this district is weak.

bccards
11-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Anyone have any suggestions on some good places to eat in Crosby? :D

80's Eagle
11-09-2004, 02:51 PM
Iguana Joe's if you like Mexican Food. It's about 2 - 3 miles north of the school on FM 2100. (on the left)

spiveyrat
11-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Ring dunking??? HUH??? :confused:

shellman54
11-09-2004, 03:43 PM
is an aggie thing, you wouldn't understand!!!

RBARKER
11-09-2004, 03:48 PM

Hey Sherminator you going to meet us at the game or are you coming by to ride? We will be at my house a little early getting Crunk and Focused:D Also we will be on I-10 directing the Bridge City Busses to 6-10 :hand:

shellman54
11-09-2004, 03:51 PM
I don't know where the stadium is, so I think I will meet ya'll at your house.

I'll bring my orange cones.........:cool:

bccards
11-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by 80's Eagle
Iguana Joe's if you like Mexican Food. It's about 2 - 3 miles north of the school on FM 2100. (on the left)

Thanks! I've heard that it was really good -- but never have had the opportunity to stop by there and try a bite!:)

Jody
11-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by X Man
Hey Jody, uhh, excuse me, you need to check the WOS game record in 24-3A, then let's talk cake walk. The only lost games were to Jasper by 2 points (they are not in our district), and Bay City, a tough 4A program, and WOS gave them fits for most of the game. 3A has many tough teams across the state, but this district is weak.

I did not say they don't win, but they arn't exactly blowing everyone out year after year. WOS is just lucky BH had a few less kids or there would be a Division One buttkicking of monumental proportions going on this Friday.......LOL hahaha Just kidding. Everyone knows they are good, just most think they are better than they are.

Geez....these card fans are too nice, I had to find someone to argue with....WOS is always out there waiting for that challeng....:D :D

Jody
11-09-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Rainman

BH- 28
BC- 24

Trust me....it had little to do with Daniels at QB. Our offensive coordinator sucks. Daniels had no business in at QB to begin with, as he was hurt. We had hoped they would put him in the back field to add a little confusion to the run game, but that would have been way to smart. Our back-up QB is plenty capable, if they run smart plays.

If our D steps up, we should be able to handle them Cards.....but our D has to step up. That moster of a running back for Liberty just ate us up.

Old Cardinal
11-09-2004, 04:45 PM
To RBarker: Can you tell me how to come from Hwy 90 over to Crosby and to the Baytown Seafood Restaurant? Also, The route from the Baytown Seafood place over to the field?

Barker, I get a kick out of folks like Jody saying WO-S has played weak 3As. Also, that guy from WO-S shooting his mouth off about WO-S playing only weak 3As in District. BC actually mauled them in the second half going from a 14-0 deficiet to a tied ballgame at 21-21. I would have gone for the win on a 2 point conversion and tried to make it 22 BC to 21 Worlds Greatest Braggers, LOL. Denial of reality is getting paramont on this board.

RBarker, I have always respected your views and projections and I think we both are going into this game knowing it will be a sweaky-clean hard fought game. I hope as BH soars on into the 4A and then 5A enrollment ranks they don't lose that town spirit that everyone has to admire.

11TARPON
11-09-2004, 04:58 PM
Barbers Hill over Bridge City by 7

Jody
11-09-2004, 04:58 PM
To RBarker: Can you tell me how to come from Hwy 90 over to Crosby and to the Baytown Seafood Restaurant? Also, The route from the Baytown Seafood place over to the field?

Barker, I get a kick out of folks like Jody saying WO-S has played weak 3As. Also, that guy from WO-S shooting his mouth off about WO-S playing only weak 3As in District. BC actually mauled them in the second half going from a 14-0 deficiet to a tied ballgame at 21-21. I would have gone for the win on a 2 point conversion and tried to make it 22 BC to 21 Worlds Greatest Braggers, LOL. Denial of reality is getting paramont on this board.

RBarker, I have always respected your views and projections and I think we both are going into this game knowing it will be a sweaky-clean hard fought game. I hope as BH soars on into the 4A and then 5A enrollment ranks they don't lose that town spirit that everyone has to admire.

I try to offer some humor.......it's all in the fun. Don't take me to heart....LOL

If you coming down 90, go north on FM21OO (Crosby Exit). The school in on your left and Baytown Seafood is on the right. Both are not more than 1 or 1-1/2 mile north of Hwy 90. Hope this helps. Also, if you order fried shrimp, just get the large, the jumbo are not much bigger and you can get more large for the same price.

Jody
11-09-2004, 05:01 PM
I try to offer some humor.......it's all in the fun. Don't take me to heart....LOL

If you coming down 90, go north on FM21OO (Crosby Exit). The school in on your left and Baytown Seafood is on the right. Both are not more than 1 or 1-1/2 mile north of Hwy 90. Hope this helps. Also, if you order fried shrimp, just get the large, the jumbo are not much bigger and you can get more large for the same price.

By the way, if you come down I-10 and turn left on HWY 146 (Mont Belvieu) there is another Baytown Seafood less than a 1/2 mile south on Hwy 146 (it will be on your right next to the Sonic).

Have a safe trip.

3ABirdMan
11-09-2004, 05:02 PM
For any of you guys that aren't going to be able to make the game, the BRIDGE CITY CARDINALS (http://www.trianglefootball.net) website has a scoreboard on it on game nights, and our Mr. Admin (who does a FANtastic job BTW) updates it as the game progresses.

It's not the same as being there, but it ain't half bad!

Hope this helps!

shellman54
11-09-2004, 05:03 PM
truth be told, Jody may run his mouth :D , but you will not meet a nicer guy in person. i hope you get a chance to meet him friday and see for yourself.

(Jody, you can pay me Friday at RB's house ;) )

Jody
11-09-2004, 05:09 PM
truth be told, Jody may run his mouth :D , but you will not meet a nicer guy in person. i hope you get a chance to meet him friday and see for yourself.

(Jody, you can pay me Friday at RB's house ;) )

HAHAHA Take a check? :D

Well, I hate to dissapoint this early in the playoffs..so here goes.

It has been reported that this red bird was founf near the BH high School being circled by an Eagle. I guess he didn't taste like chicken.......:D

Now I can't confirm this, and it does appear the poor bird has lost a little color.
http://wilkes1.wilkes.edu/~kklemow/images/dead.bird.GIF

shellman54
11-09-2004, 05:11 PM
sure!!!

can't pull up the picture

Old Cardinal
11-09-2004, 05:51 PM
I am sure that Jody is a fine young man. I know-- big blue defensive end-- and I use to go at it on here. We then ended up sending private messages to each other and really enjoy our friendship now. Bet Jody and I can be friends soon as this bi-district game is over.

RBARKER
11-09-2004, 05:59 PM

OC, Jody hooked you up on the directions. We should meet at the game. I have been talking and fighting with you for years, It would be nice to put a face with a login. This will be a good game from two good towns yalls fans are great I hope we can be as noisy as the BC fans. Have a safe trip and enjoy the seafood.

EAGLETOWN
11-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Hey everybody I've known Jody for years and:

HE'S ON CRACK!!

Everyone please excuse him.

He don't know a football from a watermelon.

HEE HEE HEE!!!

Hey RB I'm going to try and make the wagon if you got some room.

I'll bring the flares.

We will let Jody flag the traffic.

spiveyrat
11-09-2004, 08:09 PM

Don't be condescending. I think I could understand an explanation if someone would offer one. :rolleyes:

Jody
11-10-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Don't be condescending. I think I could understand an explanation if someone would offer one. :rolleyes:

There is a tradition at A&M that once you receive your class ring, you must put it in a full pitcher of beer and drink the entire contents before your are to wear it. A lot of people do this at a Bar across the street from the main campus called Dixie Chicken. FutureCardinalsmom's daughter is dunking her ring this weekend so she is going to be spared the BH Eagles whipping red feathers Friday...... :D

It's a little differt at UT and OU, they just palpate a queer, I think? :D

Jody
11-10-2004, 07:23 AM
I am sure that Jody is a fine young man. I know-- big blue defensive end-- and I use to go at it on here. We then ended up sending private messages to each other and really enjoy our friendship now. Bet Jody and I can be friends soon as this bi-district game is over.

You know it baby! Not until Friday though......LOL :D We should meet Friday, sounds like fun. I'll even bring a gift.....:D

Jody
11-10-2004, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN

HE'S ON CRACK!!

HEE HEE HEE!!!

I'll bring the flares.

OH, I got you now!......A football is brown and a watermelon green.....see told ya :hand:

Don't tell everyone about that Crack thing.....she might get upset.... :D

Speaking of Crack, you got me some deer sausage yet? That's a dumb question......how the heck is a big ass beef eatin part-time football fan gonna sneak up on a deer.....:confused:

EAGLETOWN
11-10-2004, 07:38 AM
Part time, I can't help it, at least I do have my priorities right.

No I don't have any deer sausage yet, :clap: but I do have some duck sausage for you. :clap:

spiveyrat
11-10-2004, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the explanation.

Tell me shellman, why is this ritual so hard to understand? :rolleyes:

RBARKER
11-10-2004, 09:01 AM

HE'S ON CRACK!!

HEE HEE HEE!!!

I'll bring the flares.

Come on by we might have some room.

Jody
11-10-2004, 09:18 AM
Part time, I can't help it, at least I do have my priorities right.

No I don't have any deer sausage yet, :clap: but I do have some duck sausage for you. :clap:

I'll probably need to wait three or four seasons to collect on that duck sausage. I want to make sure there is enough to eat.........:D :D :D

EAGLETOWN what size shirt you wear? I need t get our playoff shirts made for us. RBARKER is XL ok?

Can't tell you what they say, just that they are High Quality!

2futurecard'smom
11-10-2004, 09:31 AM
Hey Jody, I have arranged for 3ABirdman to be my voice at the game on Friday night, so if when all is quite, someone in the BC side stands up and yells like a fool, it's ok, he's yelling for me, lol.
And all that Eagle is doing while circling the red bird is ruffling it's feathers and getting him fired up for Friday night! And I'll have one for ya at the Chicken..............your choice, just let me know!
:D

shellman54
11-10-2004, 09:32 AM

i wasn't saying that as a putdown or anything like that. just a saying, i would have told you what it was just the same. no hard feelings?

Jody
11-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Hey Jody, I have arranged for 3ABirdman to be my voice at the game on Friday night, so if when all is quite, someone in the BC side stands up and yells like a fool, it's ok, he's yelling for me, lol.
And all that Eagle is doing while circling the red bird is ruffling it's feathers and getting him fired up for Friday night! And I'll have one for ya at the Chicken..............your choice, just let me know!
:D

When he stands up will he be wearing Royal Blue and saying "WHY....OH.....WHY.....WE COULD HAVE WENT ONE MORE GAME"? :D Just kidding.......We have our work cut out for us, with injuries and all.

Cool........eat one of those good hamburgers too!

RBARKER
11-10-2004, 01:01 PM
TTT lets keep this going. Its not Friday yet!

shellman54
11-10-2004, 01:15 PM
oh, don't remind me!!! two more days until friday!!!

Jody
11-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Hey RBARKER,

So shall I get the stuff ready for the Post Victory Gumbo party Saturday? I can whip it up and bring plastic-ware for the occasion. We might even find a wounded red bird or two who needs a little emotional support around that time.

My Treat!

X21AAAPlayer
11-10-2004, 03:33 PM

Lol sorry it took me a while to reply to this I've been working a lot BUT If you recall a couple of years back when barbers hill's speed was supposed to beat BC. Better yet when they were picked to beat us just as bad as most people are saying now, look what happened. Turned out to be a Surprise for everyone when the score turned out to be 31-14 in the red bird's favor. I predict a similar thing to happen here. If they play like they did against WOS and the fans come out in full force like we did last friday night, BC will prevail. Let's just hope it's a clean game and may the better team win:)

Big C
11-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by X21AAAPlayer
Lol sorry it took me a while to reply to this I've been working a lot BUT If you recall a couple of years back when barbers hill's speed was supposed to beat BC. Better yet when they were picked to beat us just as bad as most people are saying now, look what happened. Turned out to be a Surprise for everyone when the score turned out to be 31-14 in the red bird's favor. I predict a similar thing to happen here. If they play like they did against WOS and the fans come out in full force like we did last friday night, BC will prevail. Let's just hope it's a clean game and may the better team win:)

Can't change the past, but injuries or not, this BH team is ready to ROCK!!!!! Have you seen the young talent on this team? Get ready, you will comes Friday.

Jody
11-10-2004, 04:01 PM

Wanna bet on that prediction? I'll make the same deal with you that I have for a possible Jasper vs. BH game. I'll even give you some points over your prediction:

If BC beats BH by 10 points or more, then I will proudly wear a BC shirt and post a picture of me wearing that shirt next to my screen name. If BH beats BC by 10 or more, then you must do the same. Pretty good deal since you said we will be beat 31 to 14 and I have given you a TD. Of course we can just go head to head too. You pick........! :D

Deal?:D

ej2525
11-10-2004, 04:16 PM
Wanna bet on that prediction? I'll make the same deal with you that I have for a possible Jasper vs. BH game. I'll even give you some points over your prediction:

If BC beats BH by 10 points or more, then I will proudly wear a BC shirt and post a picture of me wearing that shirt next to my screen name. If BH beats BC by 10 or more, then you must do the same. Pretty good deal since you said we will be beat 31 to 14 and I have given you a TD. Of course we can just go head to head too. You pick........! :D

If he doesn't take that bet... I will!! :D

ej2525
11-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Better yet.... instead of the T-Shirt. Why don't you put something to the effect on your signature line that says "BC or BH football rules". The loser has to keep it on their signature until the opponent is knocked out of the playoffs!! Just a thought! And if either team wins it all.... you keep it there until next season starts!

Hupernikomen
11-10-2004, 04:23 PM

I don't it is a fair comparison to look at 2 years ago though. BC nor BH anywhere near the same teams they were then.

No way BC has the offensive weapons that they had at that time. Personally, I think BH was better then too though. I dunno maybe I will be surprised and BC will put it on BH.

Hupernikomen
11-10-2004, 04:27 PM

Why aggies do it is what is hard to understand spivey..not the actual tradition itself...even they don't really know why they do it...someone just gives them a ring and points the way to the dixie chicken...everyone stops playing 42 for a moment and cheers them to the bottom of the glass...rumor has it that adolphus budweiser ('53 grad. UT) started this tradition.

Jody
11-10-2004, 04:37 PM
If he doesn't take that bet... I will!! :D

I am kind of like Mother Teresa....LOL......I am trying to spread good will to everyone. There is no way I would pass up on an opportunity to get a BC fan to convert, at least an image conversion.

Deal!

Jody
11-10-2004, 04:39 PM
Better yet.... instead of the T-Shirt. Why don't you put something to the effect on your signature line that says "BC or BH football rules". The loser has to keep it on their signature until the opponent is knocked out of the playoffs!! Just a thought! And if either team wins it all.... you keep it there until next season starts!

I'd go for that, but I think it should stay there until the next years playoffs. If your team makes the playoffs in 2005, then it drops off, if not, then it stays another year.

We got to get the rules agreed too before Friday!

Jody
11-10-2004, 04:43 PM
I don't it is a fair comparison to look at 2 years ago though. BC nor BH anywhere near the same teams they were then.

No way BC has the offensive weapons that they had at that time. Personally, I think BH was better then too though. I dunno maybe I will be surprised and BC will put it on BH.

We are so banged up, we had to be better. I do think our Offense is better now, but our defense was better last year.

Next year may be very interesting...lots of talent coming from lower classes. Our lower classes just absolutely dominated almost everyone. I think our only Sophmore losses was to 5A schools. The other two teams were undefeated and I think one loss. May be wrong on the exact numbers, but they did very well.

ej2525
11-10-2004, 04:43 PM
I'd go for that, but I think it should stay there until the next years playoffs. If your team makes the playoffs in 2005, then it drops off, if not, then it stays another year.

We got to get the rules agreed too before Friday!

That's fine by me!! Playoffs until next year it is!! Now, if it ever has to stay another year... then, if you guys move up to 4A it's bet off at that point. Agreed? If so, then bet is on.

Oh yea... the loser has to lose by 10 points or more for this bet to be valid.

What shall the tag line be?

2futurecard'smom
11-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Yep Spivey, it's just one of the traditional things Aggies do and they are supposed to down it in seconds according to the graduation year ex. 2004, or at least that is how I understand it. It's just a thing they do and everyone gathers around to cheer them on since getting the Aggie ring is such an honor. And I don't recall anyone playing 42 the times I have been there, but hyper sounds like someone who likes all the wierd stuff from Austin anyways so saying a line like that doesn't surprise me:D

Jody
11-10-2004, 04:57 PM
That's fine by me!! Playoffs until next year it is!! Now, if it ever has to stay another year... then, if you guys move up to 4A it's bet off at that point. Agreed? If so, then bet is on.

Oh yea... the loser has to lose by 10 points or more for this bet to be valid.

What shall the tag line be?

You pick the tag line. I am good with whatever you choose. It has to be obvious that you or I lost a bet now....hahaha

Trust me, I am 0 for 2 on these....LOL

Jody
11-10-2004, 04:59 PM
Yep Spivey, it's just one of the traditional things Aggies do and they are supposed to down it in seconds according to the graduation year ex. 2004, or at least that is how I understand it. It's just a thing they do and everyone gathers around to cheer them on since getting the Aggie ring is such an honor. And I don't recall anyone playing 42 the times I have been there, but hyper sounds like someone who likes all the wierd stuff from Austin anyways so saying a line like that doesn't surprise me:D

LOTS of dominoes being played in that old building.....42 is a BIG favorite. Tell her congrats!

2futurecard'smom
11-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Hey Jody, got a question for you or any BH people that may know. My daughter played against ya'll in basketball '97, '98 and there was a couple of the girls on your team that were exceptional players. One girl's mom worked for a bank in Liberty and I think she played bb for Lamar for a while. Anyway several of the girls from those years got schlorships and I was wondering how they did at that if you knew them. They had an awesome basketball program for the girls back then, do they still?

ej2525
11-10-2004, 05:04 PM
You pick the tag line. I am good with whatever you choose. It has to be obvious that you or I lost a bet now....hahaha

Trust me, I am 0 for 2 on these....LOL

OK... How about, (BC/BH proves it is inferior to BC/BH, props to the mighty Cards/Eagles, press on in the playoffs)

Cheesy? If you can come up with better feel free to do so.

2futurecard'smom
11-10-2004, 05:09 PM
LOTS of dominoes being played in that old building.....42 is a BIG favorite. Tell her congrats!
Oh, then I apologize for the remark to the other poster.......guess I never saw the domino games, but the couple of times I have been inside, it's so packed you can't move so we spend alot of time outside. Now the rattlesnakes in there give me the heebee jeebees, I try not to think about them when we go there, ha.

shellman54
11-10-2004, 05:12 PM
Hey Jody, got a question for you or any BH people that may know. My daughter played against ya'll in basketball '97, '98 and there was a couple of the girls on your team that were exceptional players. One girl's mom worked for a bank in Liberty and I think she played bb for Lamar for a while. Anyway several of the girls from those years got schlorships and I was wondering how they did at that if you knew them. They had an awesome basketball program for the girls back then, do they still?

I believe Danielle Grimes played for Lamar for awhile, as did Jennifer Dover. Aarika Flores played for Rice, Michelle Viverette played for Incarnate Word in San Antonio. Basketball has slipped down a little, not the powerhouse it once was. How many teams go through the entire playoffs and not beat their opponents by less than 15 points every game?

2futurecard'smom
11-10-2004, 05:19 PM
I believe Danielle Grimes played for Lamar for awhile, as did Jennifer Dover. Aarika Flores played for Rice, Michelle Viverette played for Incarnate Word in San Antonio. Basketball has slipped down a little, not the powerhouse it once was. How many teams go through the entire playoffs and not beat their opponents by less than 15 points every game?
Yep, that's the girls I am talking about, they were something else! We dreaded having to play them, especially in BH. I think they beat up on our team 100 to 20 something, it was gruesome.
It would be hard to have a team like that except every once in a blue moon!
Thanks!

shellman54
11-10-2004, 05:28 PM
that was the year we beat Liberty 112-13. it was ugly

2futurecard'smom
11-10-2004, 05:33 PM
Yeah, my daughter played for Hardin, and the team was happy that Liberty got beat by ya'll by a couple more points than they beat the Hornets. I figured some of those girls might be in the wnba, I think the Erika girls was very tall if I have the names with the correct girl. And she was really a nice girl too.

2futurecard'smom
11-10-2004, 05:35 PM
And man could that Danielle hustle up and down the court, she was small but quick.

shellman54
11-10-2004, 05:42 PM
our press was what killed everyone. that, and we had killer perimeter shooters. yeah, Aarika was the tall one.

bheaglefan
11-10-2004, 06:22 PM
just wondering but how did this go from talkin about football to basketball?! go bh show bc that we want this! go out and play the best you can play and dont quit till its over!
gotta love them bh boys! THE HILL FOR LIFE BABY~ we may not win them all but we all have pride and no one can take that away from us! BLEED BLUE!:D

spiveyrat
11-10-2004, 06:53 PM
i wasn't saying that as a putdown or anything like that. just a saying, i would have told you what it was just the same. no hard feelings?

No... no hard feelings. I just don't understand why you couldn't have just explained it instead of saying "it's an Aggie thing". If you were in my shoes, would that have satisfied your curiosity?

EAGLETOWN
11-10-2004, 06:55 PM
I'll probably need to wait three or four seasons to collect on that duck sausage. I want to make sure there is enough to eat.........:D :D :D

EAGLETOWN what size shirt you wear? I need t get our playoff shirts made for us. RBARKER is XL ok?

Can't tell you what they say, just that they are High Quality!

I wear a XXL!!

Jody if you are having them made I can only imagine what they will say.

I think I'm going to bring the normal camoflage wear just in case.

C-yall Friday!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X Man
11-10-2004, 11:29 PM
Jody, you are right. I am glad Barber's Hill is Div II, or else WOS would do the monumental butt kicking on them, like they have on most others. Did you not notice the 40 point difference on our score boards, or the 2 called back TD's against Bridge City? Yeah, I guess you missed that. Oh well, if Bridge City doesn't have the same officials this weekend, BH will win, but then again, I think the Cards may be wanting some revenge. heheehehe

3ABirdMan
11-11-2004, 12:17 AM
A couple of us guys have pm'ed, and we are going to try to get together Friday night at the game to put faces with these names. We're thinking either before the game or at half-tme. We'll keep this thread updated as details get worked out.

Looking forward to meeting you BH fans!:inlove:

Hupernikomen
11-11-2004, 12:51 AM

Man these aggies are so sensitive...I am an ETBU tiger not a longhorn..I was just poking fun at the beer-guzzling tradition of Aggieland...I will cheer on either horns or ags on the football field just find that to be a pretty stupid tradition, of course I don't make it a habit to beer-guzzle either.

tiger mama
11-11-2004, 12:52 AM
good luck cardinals and Coach Tarver, class of 68

Jody
11-11-2004, 07:13 AM
OK... How about, (BC/BH proves it is inferior to BC/BH, props to the mighty Cards/Eagles, press on in the playoffs)

Cheesy? If you can come up with better feel free to do so.

Cheesy is good....works for me.

Jody
11-11-2004, 07:14 AM

I was long graduated by then. Looks like Shellman may know them. Sorry.

Jody
11-11-2004, 07:18 AM
Jody, you are right. I am glad Barber's Hill is Div II, or else WOS would do the monumental butt kicking on them, like they have on most others. Did you not notice the 40 point difference on our score boards, or the 2 called back TD's against Bridge City? Yeah, I guess you missed that. Oh well, if Bridge City doesn't have the same officials this weekend, BH will win, but then again, I think the Cards may be wanting some revenge. heheehehe

WOS would not have stood a chance at the week 4 or 5 Eagles. There is no doubt about that in my mind. WOS is way over rated. At the pace your going you will be 2-A and 2-8 by 2006.........:D That is assuming you have enough players pass to play a game.......:D

Jody
11-11-2004, 07:22 AM
Man these aggies are so sensitive...I am an ETBU tiger not a longhorn..I was just poking fun at the beer-guzzling tradition of Aggieland...I will cheer on either horns or ags on the football field just find that to be a pretty stupid tradition, of course I don't make it a habit to beer-guzzle either.

OK there John Kerry....... :D Pick a team........you can't have it both ways......! I guess you like Dallas and Texans? George W and Michael Moore?

I guess it don't matter as long as we get you in the BH shirt come 2nd round.......LOL :D :D :D

Jody
11-11-2004, 07:24 AM
I wear a XXL!!

Jody if you are having them made I can only imagine what they will say.

I think I'm going to bring the normal camoflage wear just in case.

C-yall Friday!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, seems the shirt places are very busy making BH State Champ shirts so we will have to get them for the Jasper match-up. I am sure we can come up with somehting for such an overated team like Jasper.......hahaha

hsfootballrules
11-11-2004, 09:09 AM
jody since you are so smart when is the winner of this game going to play jasper

2futurecard'smom
11-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by bheaglefan
just wondering but how did this go from talkin about football to basketball?! go bh show bc that we want this! go out and play the best you can play and dont quit till its over!
gotta love them bh boys! THE HILL FOR LIFE BABY~ we may not win them all but we all have pride and no one can take that away from us! BLEED BLUE!:D
Looks like I am the guilty one..............I asked about the round ball, I beg forgiveness. Am trying to get out of the rookie status and just remembered those girls from BH and thought I'd ask. And I am sorry to rain on your parade.......................Cards are gonna take this one 28 to 14:D GO BIG RED:D

Jody
11-11-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by hsfootballrules
jody since you are so smart when is the winner of this game going to play jasper

Looking at the brackets, it would have to be well into the playoffs. I doubt either of us would be there by then. We would probably have to beat Marlin or China Springs to get there and Jasper would have to beat Cameron Yoe most likely. As much as I like my team, and as good as Japer is, I can't see either of those playing out.

Hope they do though!

RBARKER
11-11-2004, 09:37 AM
A couple of us guys have pm'ed, and we are going to try to get together Friday night at the game to put faces with these names. We're thinking either before the game or at half-tme. We'll keep this thread updated as details get worked out.

Anytime is good for the "Blue Crew". Keep us updated.

RBARKER
11-11-2004, 11:45 AM
TTT. I will not let it die:D

Jody
11-11-2004, 12:55 PM
11-12-04 Cardinal Gumbo:

Make a dark reaux with
1cup flour
1 cup veg oil
Cook medium/high heat until color of peanut butter

Add
1 diced Onion
4 diced celery sticks
1 diced bell pepper
2 bay leaves
3 pinches of cayeene pepper (unless your from WOS, then just 1/2 pinch)
Salt to taste
1/2 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon of oregano
3 tablespoons paprika
8 cloves of garlic (unless your from Jasper, then just 1)

Simmer until vegies are fork tender:

Add 12 fresh Cardinals (bones in) from 11-12-04 slughter in Crosby. Need 12 because their is not much meat on those 2004 Cardinals.

Simmer low heat for 2 hours. Remove Bay Leaves and serve over rice. If your from WOS, serve with Potatoe Salad (want to be coon asses). :D :D :D

Edited to add the Cold Beer!

X21AAAPlayer
11-11-2004, 07:02 PM

LOL do we REALLY want to see that pic of you:p :p

X21AAAPlayer
11-11-2004, 07:06 PM

By the way... thanks for the compliment!:) Lol but what I was saying is that BC seems to be under rated. Yes they are young and a tad bit smaller in certain positions than they'd like, but they are filled with heart. We weren't very big either but played to our potential. Whoever comes out and wants it will be the winner. How does the Hill size up this year on the lines? The only time I've seen them play was in the past unfortunately. Then they had some VERY small guys on the dl.

X Man
11-11-2004, 07:48 PM
Well Jody, we have not lost any players to grades yet, so I do not expect to lose any in the future. These boys want to play on Friday night, and the coaches make them turn in progress reports every 2 weeks, and the coaches make them focus on their studies if the grades drop. Everyone at WOS knows the importance of keeping their grades up, regardless of what you think. They are not overrated, they are good. Barber's Hill lucked out in not having to face them this year, because regardless of your doubt, WOS would have handed them another loss, but BH does have to face a salty bunch from Bridge City. Let's see how this game turns out.

Eagles52
11-11-2004, 09:47 PM
I've watched film on WOS and you guys are certainly a good team but to say you could guarantee a victory against us when we were still healthy is arrogance or ignorance, maybe both...regardless the matchup didnt and wont materialize so lets all try to grow up and drop it

X Man
11-11-2004, 09:59 PM
You're right, it is arrogant, but it was only a reaction to Jody's arrogance and ignorance about the WOS program. He made blatant statements about WOS success this year, without looking at scores. Then he went on to attack the WOS program in other ways, such as talking about grades. Our program has not lost one player to grades this year, to the best of my knowledge. There might have been one, but he was not a starter. I have counted players every game, and there has never been anyone missing. As I said, You are right. He is undoubtably an impetuous youngster that I should not have addressed to begin with. His line of thinking is one of the reasons you don't see many WOS posters on this site.

Jody
11-12-2004, 07:16 AM
You're right, it is arrogant, but it was only a reaction to Jody's arrogance and ignorance about the WOS program. He made blatant statements about WOS success this year, without looking at scores. Then he went on to attack the WOS program in other ways, such as talking about grades. Our program has not lost one player to grades this year, to the best of my knowledge. There might have been one, but he was not a starter. I have counted players every game, and there has never been anyone missing. As I said, You are right. He is undoubtably an impetuous youngster that I should not have addressed to begin with. His line of thinking is one of the reasons you don't see many WOS posters on this site.

See now there you go....assuming I have facts about anything is your first mistake. My goal was to piss you off......worked huh? LOL :D :D :D :D Eagle52 is correct, WOS would have not manhandled BH, now or 6 weeks ago.

Everyone knows WOS is a good team......I just don't beleive they are as good as the credit given.......just an opinion.

Jody
11-12-2004, 07:19 AM
LOL do we REALLY want to see that pic of you:p :p

Here is one in advance....

http://boyercoe.altervista.org/boy22.jpg

You guys have a safe trip over to Crosby and don't stop in Barret Station after dark......:eek:

3ABirdMan
11-12-2004, 08:15 AM

OK - Since nobody knows the stadium, let's try this........

The scoreboard should be at the end of the field, either North or South. Let's meet on the scoreboard end at half-time. If I get there early enough, I'll be down there before the game.

I have Jody's and BHFan/RBARKER 's cell phone #'s, and they have mine. We'll try to make it work, somehow!:clap:

Jody
11-12-2004, 08:32 AM
OK - Since nobody knows the stadium, let's try this........

The scoreboard should be at the end of the field, either North or South. Let's meet on the scoreboard end at half-time. If I get there early enough, I'll be down there before the game.

I have Jody's and BHFan/RBARKER 's cell phone #'s, and they have mine. We'll try to make it work, somehow!:clap:

Man, glad Friday is here! I am about smack talked out.....:D

Have a safe trip over and we will see you there.

What BH must do to win this game:
Control the clock and keep our defense off the field as much as possible. Convert first down by pounding the ball and using our big strong backs wisely. Take advantage of our speed and blocking skills aroudn the ends on sweep plays, while keeping at least one of BC's linebackers off center of the play. Pass only when needed due to NNE wind tonight and the need to control the clock.

After 1/2 time bring out the Varsity team to finish them off.....OKOKOK Maybe a little smack left!

Old Cardinal
11-12-2004, 10:21 AM
To Jody, That sounds like a formular that can win for anyone!
I will try to make the gathering of the ole birds at the scorebird(I mean scoreboard LOL) area. Well it's the young birds vs the sick birds tonight, who knows just what will happen. I kind of think that the winner of this contest will face Kirbyville and the winner of that contest(one of us and Kirbyville) truly has a shot at the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. There is a lot of talent in the arsenal on a number of Division I and Division II assorted teams down in our neck of the woods!

2futurecard'smom
11-12-2004, 10:39 AM
Just wanted to say good luck to both teams tonight! I hate I will miss the meet and greet, but maybe next year! Remember to yell really LOUD for me Birdman! And Jody, you know deep in your heart that those Cardinals are gonna ground your Eagles!!!! Just a matter of hours till the fat lady sings, lol! Everyone be safe traveling to the game and home again! Am outta here to go see the Aggies whip up on the Techies! WHOOP! and GO BIG RED!:D

shellman54
11-12-2004, 11:12 AM
be careful on the way up there!!!

K-ville BBAll 20
11-12-2004, 11:26 AM
Whoever wins this game will have to meet up with the resurrected K-Ville WILDCATS!!!

x-pro
11-12-2004, 11:32 AM
BC 27
BH 12
I've heard too much about BH being beat up. Looks like a BC/ Kirbyville rematch. Should be a good one.

Jody
11-12-2004, 12:48 PM
To Jody, That sounds like a formular that can win for anyone!
I will try to make the gathering of the ole birds at the scorebird(I mean scoreboard LOL) area. Well it's the young birds vs the sick birds tonight, who knows just what will happen. I kind of think that the winner of this contest will face Kirbyville and the winner of that contest(one of us and Kirbyville) truly has a shot at the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP. There is a lot of talent in the arsenal on a number of Division I and Division II assorted teams down in our neck of the woods!

Sure is windy over here today.......:D Go ahead and throw that ball up in the air and we will be dancing in the street! LOL

You folks be careful on the way over this evening. Bring some crying towels.... :D :D :D

As for state next, don't forget Marlin, China Springs and Cameron Yoe. Would be nice though!

Jody
11-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by x-pro
BC 27
BH 12
I've heard too much about BH being beat up. Looks like a BC/ Kirbyville rematch. Should be a good one.

Stoke that crack pipe again there friend.......:D

Jody
11-12-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by K-ville BBAll 20
Whoever wins this game will have to meet up with the resurrected K-Ville WILDCATS!!!

Just a small bump in the road baby! :D :D :D

Jody
11-12-2004, 12:51 PM
Just wanted to say good luck to both teams tonight! I hate I will miss the meet and greet, but maybe next year! Remember to yell really LOUD for me Birdman! And Jody, you know deep in your heart that those Cardinals are gonna ground your Eagles!!!! Just a matter of hours till the fat lady sings, lol! Everyone be safe traveling to the game and home again! Am outta here to go see the Aggies whip up on the Techies! WHOOP! and GO BIG RED!:D

My heart is Blue through and through, with a pinch of Maroon that is.......:D :D :D

Gig-M-Aggies and Blue Wall tonight!

Old No. 7
11-12-2004, 04:57 PM
Good luck guys. I hope yall come away injury free. K-ville is looking forward to playing one of yall next week. May the best team win. ;)

wildkat0507
11-12-2004, 08:52 PM
any updates?

ej2525
11-12-2004, 09:01 PM
7-0 Barbers hill and of the 1st

sahen
11-12-2004, 09:40 PM
17-0 at the half Barber's Hill according to the Liberty broadcast

ej2525
11-12-2004, 10:36 PM
OK Jody... Just tell me how to put the tag line in as I will owe you shortly!!! :( :(

Good game Barbers Hill!! You took it to the Cards!!

Unlike some folks from Liberty..... I live up to bets made here!

ej2525
11-12-2004, 11:33 PM
OK... Jody, you have a new record of 1-2 on your bets!! I am now 0-1. Tell me how I have to pay up!! Us folks from BC know how to pay up on a lost bet!

Good luck to Barbers Hill in the next round!! :clap: :clap:

sinton66
11-12-2004, 11:35 PM
What was the final, guys?

ej2525
11-12-2004, 11:36 PM
31-14 Barbers Hill takes the win!! :(

sinton66
11-12-2004, 11:37 PM
I'll update the title for yall.