PDA

View Full Version : liberty's season

AggieJohn
11-06-2004, 03:21 AM
Well, i can eat crow, or i can talk about this...and i feel like talking about it

WHo knew? Who stinking knew? I doubted liberty all along, and by doubting i mean i doubted..they were 0-5 and looking like they were going to be the first team in over 15 years or so to not make the playoffs from liberty.

0-5. Man that must stink, but them something must of happened in liberty, i guess that something was two half-a-hundred ball games that liberty dropped and wow magically they looked great.

But then came their lost, to Cleveland, of all teams, Cleveland, talk about being inconsistent because then they would take it too Huffman and then to Barbers hill and win both of them.

Talk about being inconsistent, Talk about putting yourself so far into the corner, but having the smallest hole to be able bury yourself out of and doing. And now imagine that a school with a 4-6 record is going to playoffs as the district champs, as the district champs yall.

Now playoffs, one and done, as every year in liberty. Will this team break the streak. Yea there has been a few teams who have gone past that first round in the past few years, but those are few and far between.

here's to you liberty. go l-dogs. do yall still do that?

pantherpop
11-06-2004, 07:17 AM
I know we all had high expectations at the start of the season but looking back now at the 0-5 start we had 3 tough losses to some really good teams. Spotted Silsbee 22 points and came back and made a game of it at 30-18. Played Kirbyville close in that monsoon of a game, and lost to Bridge City in the last minute. (Can you believe the game they gave West Orange Stark!). When Liberty comes out ready to play there's no doubt in my mind we can play with any 3A team in the state. It's the inconsisity that drives us all mad but we're so proud of this group of boys. They've really showed us all that teamwork and good coaching pay off. The boys never gave up. Good luck in the playoffs and look forward to being there.