PDA

View Full Version : Toughest 3A Districts next Fall

Pudlugger
04-25-2003, 11:33 AM
District 23 has to be one along with D25. Sealy, Bellville, Navasota and Columbus all will be capable of beating one another and only three will advance to the playoffs. Sealy will be looking for payback after losing the toss to Columbus last year. Burnet, Bandara and Liberty all excellent teams coming back in 2003, will go far in the playoffs. Marlin, Cameron Yoe and Rockdale in District 18 are all tough, especially Marlin, a favorite for the D2 title by many folks.

big daddy russ
04-25-2003, 11:51 AM
District 30 will be tough again. Sinton should drop off just a little while West Oso, Taft and Ingleside should make a step forward. West Oso could be very tough, but they'll be hurting from their loss of Wayne McNeary. Aransas Pass returns a lot of talent as well, but how can you replace Tommy Blake, the single most unstoppable back in Region IV? Mathis always reloads... the question there is will Coach Soza still be there when the season begins? A whole lot of questions, but still a whole lot of tough teams...

RBARKER
04-25-2003, 12:04 PM
District 22 should be competetive next year. Barbers Hill will reload its skill positions while bringing back a seasoned off. line. Liberty and Coldsprings made a little noise last year look for them to improve and Cleveland should come back stong next year maybe pushing Barbers Hill back into Div II. looks to be a great upcoming year can't wait for it to begin.

Gobbla2001
04-25-2003, 03:28 PM
Twentie-Three and Twentie-Eight! That's all I know for now!

But since my team's from 27, I'll give them some recognition... Gonzales, Yoakum and Cuero finished in a tie for the 27-3A district championship and Luling was in it until the last district game, Halletsville I believe was in it until the second to last district game... Sounds tough to me...

The only reason I didn't officially include them in the listing of 23 and 28 is because of key players lost by Gonzales and Yoakum, Luling should be tough again though... Dunno about Halletsville and Goliad is said to be improving (from what I hear anyway, could be wishful thinking), but I do know about Cuero, and to avoid being judged as biased, I'll end my post here...

<small>[ April 25, 2003, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

bc 76
04-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Gobbla2001 if am not mistaken coach reeves runs a run & shoot offense,if he brings that in the offense does cuero have the speed & athletes to run this type of offense?

Gobbla2001
04-25-2003, 09:37 PM
A lot of speed and a lot of athletes coming up from sophmores and freshmen, the cool thing is that the 8th graders that are gunna be freshmen next year are just as good, 7th is their mirror image... It's lookin' REAL good here in Cuero, best it has in a long time...