PDA

View Full Version : Silsbee vs. WO-S

Port_town_texas
11-06-2004, 12:28 AM
who will win this potential match-up??? I got my money on Silsbee.

shankbear
11-06-2004, 12:46 AM
Spelling.......use the word too instead of to when you say too close to call.

Port_town_texas
11-06-2004, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by shankbear
Spelling.......use the word too instead of to when you say too close to call. if u took all that time to type that up when u knew what the poll question was, u got 2 much time on ur hands.....:rolleyes:

WOS92
11-06-2004, 01:45 AM
I'd love to be an underdog!

jet sweep
11-06-2004, 02:02 AM
silsbee is good!!! real good!!! i think it will be barnburner with silsbee edging them out........those boys refuse to lose......the game in jasper tonight was one for the ages....UNBELIEVABLE

3ABirdMan
11-06-2004, 02:04 AM
I had picked Jasper to win tonight, but by less than 7. I was VERY impressed with Silsbee when they played BC, and have shared that every opportunity I had.

Having seen WO-S tonight, i will not pick a winner in this one. I think WO-S has more big-play potential, but I think Silsbee will control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball - Their lines are BIG, QUICK, and SKILLED.

I'm pulling for the Mustangs in this one, though. Bring a State Title back to our District!

tigerettedad
11-06-2004, 09:50 AM
THIS SHOULD BE ANOTHER SILSBEE V/S JASPER BALLGAME, IT MAY EVEN COME DOWN TO OT AGAIN!!!!!THEY BOTH GOT TO MAKE IT TO ROUND 2 TO FIND OUT!

Tiger90
11-06-2004, 08:13 PM
I would love to see it but we have a good Palestine team before us.

lilt1506
11-06-2004, 08:25 PM
who is Zapata

Gasilla
11-07-2004, 12:24 AM
Yes, Palestine is a good team. The Tigers better not get caught looking ahead.

lilt1506
11-07-2004, 12:48 AM
Silsbee is focused on Palestine this week

Hupernikomen
11-07-2004, 12:52 AM
Yeah to early to talk about this potential game IMO. Palenstine and Huffman aren't cupcakes. I don't know much about Palenstine but Huffman will match up physically very well with anyone anywhere. But since you made thread I will say too close to call and I hope it is on a night that Jasper isn't playing so I can see it.

Old No. 7
11-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Yeah to early to talk about this potential game IMO. Palenstine and Huffman aren't cupcakes. I don't know much about Palenstine but Huffman will match up physically very well with anyone anywhere. But since you made thread I will say too close to call and I hope it is on a night that Jasper isn't playing so I can see it.

My thoughts exactly. :D

Gasilla
11-07-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by 3ABirdMan
I had picked Jasper to win tonight, but by less than 7. I was VERY impressed with Silsbee when they played BC, and have shared that every opportunity I had.

Having seen WO-S tonight, i will not pick a winner in this one. I think WO-S has more big-play potential, but I think Silsbee will control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball - Their lines are BIG, QUICK, and SKILLED.

I'm pulling for the Mustangs in this one, though. Bring a State Title back to our District!

You may be right on the defensive side, but I don't see it on the offensive side. Our O line is pretty strong and have not been dominated yet with the exception of maybe no. 1 ranked Bay City in 4A. Our first 2 games we were in shoot outs and had to air it out, but we still moved the ball well on the ground when we had to.

Our defense isn't bad either, it's just not as good as we're used to right now. Giving up less than 2 TD's per game is not THAT bad...

X21AAAPlayer
11-07-2004, 10:12 PM
Hey don't sweat it... You guys over at WOS have been ignored all season. Time to introduce yourselves to the rest of the state.

Gasilla
11-07-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by X21AAAPlayer
Hey don't sweat it... You guys over at WOS have been ignored all season. Time to introduce yourselves to the rest of the state.

Hopefully, we will!!:D

X21AAAPlayer
11-07-2004, 10:32 PM
Where is the first WOS game being played at?

Gasilla
11-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Friday at "The Dome". 7:30

tigerettedad
11-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Gasilla
Friday at "The Dome". 7:30 whodo ya'll play??

X21AAAPlayer
11-08-2004, 12:55 AM
Huffman right?

tigerettedad
11-08-2004, 01:04 AM
who wins this one? should be a blow-out? how tough is huffman?

WOS92
11-08-2004, 06:20 AM
Should which game be a blowout? I doubt either the WO-S/Huffman game or the potential WO-S/Silsbee game will be blowouts.

GUNHO
11-08-2004, 08:50 AM
WO-S/Silsbee would be a great match up.Both teams have some work to do first before that happens.

WOS1
11-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by GUNHO
WO-S/Silsbee would be a great match up.Both teams have some work to do first before that happens.

A LOT of work... Silsbee had better have all eyes on Palestine and we, our opponent.

esphs
11-08-2004, 06:23 PM
This is just my opinion... but i think some people are getting a little bit ahead of themselves with this post. I don't really think it is a good idea to start talking about second round games when you haven't even played the first... but whatever works for ya'll i guess!

scrub c
11-08-2004, 06:28 PM
WOS owns part of the dome....

i would not bet against them any time they play in the dome.

j_dog
11-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by scrub c
WOS owns part of the dome....

i would not bet against them any time they play in the dome.
I wouldn't bet against them anywhere they play! :D

texasjeremy
11-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Wow, there is obviously a lot of Silsbee people on here to think they will not only beat Palestine, but also beat WOS.

tigerettedad
11-08-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Wow, there is obviously a lot of Silsbee people on here to think they will not only beat Palestine, but also beat WOS. why do you say that? why couldn't silsbee beat wo-s? jasper did!! bc almost beat them this past friday!!! i'll put silsbee against anyone right now, they are playing great bal on both sides of the ball!!!

SHS
11-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by esphs
This is just my opinion... but i think some people are getting a little bit ahead of themselves with this post. I don't really think it is a good idea to start talking about second round games when you haven't even played the first... but whatever works for ya'll i guess!

I agree with you all the way. To early to talk about next week. Anything can happen in the playoffs. I've seen teams who are 10 -0 get beat by teams that are 6-4. We'll take it game by game.

j_dog
11-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by texasjeremy
Wow, there is obviously a lot of Silsbee people on here to think they will not only beat Palestine, but also beat WOS.
Seriously, I have no idea how Silsbee might fare against Palestine because I have never seen Palestine play. I have seen both WOS and Silsbee play Jasper this year and I would have to call it a toss up should they meet in the playoffs. They are both great teams. I thought WOS would have the edge in speed until I saw Silsbee. Now, I just don't know. I saw WOS in game 1, and Silsbee in game 10. Both teams have playoff veteran coaches who know how to win the tough games.

Hupernikomen
11-08-2004, 10:14 PM
So true J_dog and as we were talking about the other night. Thompson has had a full season now to get his chaingang defense back online. I would like to see them again to see how much they have improved. Jasper ran the ball on them more than I think a team normally would. I bet they are much better at this point.

X Man
11-08-2004, 10:38 PM
WO-S needs to be focused on Huffman right now. If we win that match up, I'll give you a prediction on the Silsbee game. There is too much of worrying about the game 2 weeks from now, and not enough about worrying about the game this week.