PDA

View Full Version : Breckenridge 31 Vernon 28

Keith7
11-05-2004, 11:39 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

GWOOD
11-05-2004, 11:54 PM
Does that change the scenario for the playoffs or does the top 3 still get in (Vernon, Graham, Iowa Park)

Keith7
11-05-2004, 11:58 PM
i'm not for sure but i think it puts breckenridge in the playoffs and knocks out vernon... but dont quote me on that..

That's what I heard...it was a must win for either of the two to get in!

wildstangs
11-06-2004, 12:32 AM
Congrats to Breckenridge...been awhile since the Bucs were in the playoffs.

Port_town_texas
11-06-2004, 12:35 AM
r u serious??

Ktulu345
11-06-2004, 01:41 AM
That does put Breck in the playoffs. Both Breck and Vernon are 2-2, but Breck has the head-to-head tie breaker. Thus, Vernon is out, Breck is in. IP is the district champs, and Graham is second.

GreenMonster
11-06-2004, 01:57 AM
District shakes out like this:

1. Iowa Park 3-1
2. Graham 3-1
(Iowa Park owns head to head and are champions)
3. Breckenridge 2-2
4. Vernon 2-2
(Breck owns head to head and get final play-off slot)
5. WF Hirschi 0-5
(got beat vs. Bye 42-0 ;) , Terrible football team that beats itself)

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-06-2004, 02:34 AM
Not sure what happened to my Lions this year. They had the size, speed, experience, talent...everyting for a serious playoff run. The only problem is that they played only 1 game to their potential (Iowa Park). Breck big played their secondary, Vernon tried to grap a rolling punt at the one yard line and muffed it???? What they heck was that? Penalties and penalties and more penalties at teh wrong times at that. Vernon never got into their game tonight as they were playing catch up all night long. You hate to sit there and watch your team just make mistakes after mistakes.

After watching a lot of football this year my hats off to Iowa Park. (I'll post my kudos on another post). Hats off to Graham for owning the district for so long. That must have been a lot of pressure on this group of kids. I must say that I'm glad it was over and when the score was annopuced at the Breck game both sides cheered. Just says alot about how good Graham is year in and out. Now the kids can think about winning that 1st round game.

The Bucks played well. They took advantage of Vernon's mistakes and played with a lot of heart. Good luck in the playoffs.

The bad news is that we are out. the good news is the playoffs are just getting started and I'm ready to start going to games.

I'm throwing my support behind the Iowa Park Hawks now full force as I think this is a special team that can take it all the way.

PPHSfan
11-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Don't worry ZM. The Bearcats will get you some revenge next Saturday.:)

VWG
11-06-2004, 10:32 AM
Going in to this game I said that Heatly and crew would have to play the game of their lives. They must have.
Heatly, only a junior, is a very good QB.
On paper... Vernon is far better than Breckenridge. On Friday night all that matters is the final score.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by VWG
Going in to this game I said that Heatly and crew would have to play the game of their lives. They must have.
Heatly, only a junior, is a very good QB.
On paper... Vernon is far better than Breckenridge. On Friday night all that matters is the final score.

Well said.