PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City definately outplays WO-S but loses in overtime!

Old Cardinal
11-05-2004, 11:39 PM
What a game-- BC took it to the mighty Mustangs tonight. They did not go for the win but settled for a 21-21 tie. The upset of the century was dashed in overtime when they fumbled in the first overtime period.
After seeing WO-S's team I am more convinced they will win Division I's Championship. They have a peck of talent. BC was just sick of their bragging all year and played them an inspired ballgame. I think the Cardinals playedwith about 100% efficiency tonight. They seems like a pretty solid team that will meet Liberty again, this time for bidistrict. Congratulations to the Mustangs on a hard fought win for the District Championship! They will open Division I play with Huffman-Hargrave.

spiveyrat
11-05-2004, 11:41 PM
It sounded like a nail biter for both sides!

RBARKER
11-05-2004, 11:43 PM
Congrats to a well played game by the Cards. OC BC will face BH in round one the Eagles lost tonight in OT.

Old Cardinal
11-05-2004, 11:47 PM
Sorry RBARKER the local radio must have been wrong! What was the score of BH/Liberty. I am glad we get to play BH that is always an enjoyable game for two great sets of fans..

WOS92
11-05-2004, 11:48 PM
We played our worst game of the year but pulled out the win. Good game, BC. I certainly wouldn't say we were "outplayed," but it was good.

WOS92
11-05-2004, 11:49 PM
What do you mean "didn't go for the win?" WO-S stopped them and almost scored on a pass w/ 9 seconds left! An ankle tackle put it in OT.

Old Cardinal
11-05-2004, 11:50 PM
Last I heard Silsbee and Jasper were tied at 22-22 near the end of the regular game. I think these two southeast TX Districts have a number of teams that can win state!

Old Cardinal
11-05-2004, 11:57 PM
It was 20-21 and BC chose to go for the tie making it 21-21 and go to overtime. Had they gone for two and got it; the winniest team in history would have be beat tonight! Of course I mean what I said-- BC outplayed the "world best" tonight and you know its true if you saw the game!

setex
11-05-2004, 11:57 PM
WOS92

I believe OC meant that BC had the ball with 1:30 left with 3 time outs and let the clock run down, maybe taking there chance in OT.

WOS92
11-06-2004, 12:00 AM
It's funny. I haven't seen a flood of cocky WO=S fans on this site, but you're still bitter. You're also still winless against us. If you want to claim that you outplayed us, go ahead. You can "outplay" us every year if you want - as long as we always get the win. A champion finds a way to win regardless of injuries, bad calls, statistics or anything else. WO-S did that tonight. Stats mean nothing. 27-21, and we earned it. Good luck in the playoffs.

X21AAAPlayer
11-06-2004, 12:30 AM
Bad calls? I can recall a player from the WOS side shoving the facemask of another player in the ground..and some out of bounds hitting by the side.. Yeah WOS won but give BC some credit. They did what no one thought, they hung with WOS and nearly pulled an upset. Good game tonight guys.

WOS92
11-06-2004, 12:45 AM
Total yards:
WO-S 381
BC 346

Turnovers:
WO-S 0
BC 2

First downs:
WO-S 15
BC 10

Final score:
WO-S 27
BC 21

Where were we outplayed?

I do give BC credit. They gave it their all and played a great game. I just think OC is thinking w/ his heart, not his head.

GS#17
11-06-2004, 12:46 AM
BC fans, you've got a lot to be proud of. Your team played a solid game and lost to a good team. I think our offensive playcalling was too predictable, our team didn't play with a lot of intensity until the 4th quarter, and we had some missed tackles, but a lot of credit goes to your team -- they were strong on the OL and DL, they didn't make many mistakes, and they did what they had to do to keep it close and have a chance at an upset. In the end, WOS made a few more plays than BC, and that's what won it for them.

As for the officiating, yes, they had an off night. BC got away with a lot, too, but that's high school officiating -- it's not perfect. Either way, it's over and let's respect what both teams did and hope they continue a long way into the playoffs.

X21AAAPlayer
11-06-2004, 12:52 AM
Predictable? no:) Lol It seems that little toss was run quite a bit!

exbccards76'smom
11-06-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by WOS92
We played our worst game of the year but pulled out the win. Good game, BC. I certainly wouldn't say we were "outplayed," but it was good.

Not outplayed...how about "outcoached"!!! we kept it 0-0 the whole 1 quarter. The best thing is we are both going to the playoffs.

WOS92
11-06-2004, 01:38 AM
Outplayed, outcoached... fine...
As long as we weren't outscored :D
Good luck!

Port_town_texas
11-06-2004, 01:50 AM
That is very true.:clap:

pantherpop
11-06-2004, 07:30 AM
Fine job WOS on the win and your season. EVERYBODY deep down has loads of respect for your football program. However I want to say what a fine job Bridge City for giving them everything they could handle. Makes you feel good to see a smaller school hang with the big boys. Good luck to both of these schools in the playoffs

exbccards76'smom
11-06-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by pantherpop
Fine job WOS on the win and your season. EVERYBODY deep down has loads of respect for your football program. However I want to say what a fine job Bridge City for giving them everything they could handle. Makes you feel good to see a smaller school hang with the big boys. Good luck to both of these schools in the playoffs

Thanks,same to Libery. Our seniors finally have the rest of the team believing in themselves. Just think, though, we are losing only 8 players to graduation!!! Most of the kids playing last night were juniors, and the qb Dishon is only a sophmore!!! BC is going to be a force to be reackoned with next year.

3afan
11-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by exbccards76'smom
...we kept it 0-0 the whole 1 quarter. T...

how does that = "outcoached" ?

bccards
11-06-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
how does that = "outcoached" ?

If you were at the game, you'd see what she means. Most of the WO-S and BC people i've talked to, as well as a WO-S Coach agreed, that they were outcoached.

Congratulations to both BC and WOS, I really really thought WO-S would have a final of around 45-14, never in my wildest dreams did I imagine 21-21 and Overtime.. Best of luck to WO-S and BC in the playoffs.. BC came out to play last night, and that was one of the best games i've seen BC play in YEARS!

PPHSfan
11-06-2004, 10:43 AM
WOS 'must' have been "outcoached" if they didn't beat BC by thirty points.:p

Gasilla
11-06-2004, 10:54 AM
This wasn't a case of anyone being "outcoached" or getting to many penalties or whatever... BC came out and played good fundamental football defensively and executed to near perfection offensively and almost pulled off a big upset. Those kids are pretty good when they play like they did last night. I think old Jody may have to eat some crow after talking about how terrible they were earlier this year. Seeing how BC is playing now and BH has lost 2 of their last 3 and finished third in their district, I wouldn't bet against the Cards in this one.

WOS92
11-06-2004, 10:56 AM
To take nothing away from BC, who played a great game: Remember when BC lost to Anahuac and complained about having a "Jekyll and Hyde" problem? Well, we had one of those last night. The playcalling was AWFUL on offense and we were missing tackles like crazy. But we found a way to win, and I've always said that a championship team does that even when the chips don't fall their way. Now it's time to see if we're just district champs or something more. We'll have to get back to Dr. Jekyll if we're gonna do this thing. See ya in the Dome on Friday!!:D

PPHSfan
11-06-2004, 10:59 AM
LOL,

I thought it was clear that I was just kidding.:p

SintonFan_inAustin
11-06-2004, 11:16 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Old Cardinal
[B]After seeing WO-S's team I am more convinced they will win Division I's Championship.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :D :D :D :D Ur funny OldCard, u seem to have the keen eye to spot the best team in Texas without seeing other teams across texas. So with that game Bridge City is the second best team?

PPHSfan
11-06-2004, 11:20 AM
Nah,

Old Card said that WOS was the best team in "D1". I am sure he feels BC is the "best" team in D2.:rolleyes: