PDA

View Full Version : Liberty 34 - Barbers Hill 27

KTJ
11-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Final

sahen
11-05-2004, 11:33 PM
so...did someone take explayer's bet for liberty to loose too? in that case we prolly wont hear from him for 6 weeks....

lpgolfer
11-05-2004, 11:34 PM
Liberty wins district with a 4-6 record who would have thought that? Congrats Panthers

RBARKER
11-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Just got back from the game. BH jumped out to a 14-0 lead then liberty came back with 21 un answered points. The officiating was good as well as the fumbles were held to a minimum. The game was tied at 27-27 at the end of regulation and BH had a chance to kick a field goal with 2 seconds left from the 10 yard line but it was blocked. BH came up inches short in OT on the 5 yard line game over. Liberty was the best team congrats to the panthers

LH Panther Mom
11-06-2004, 12:01 AM
Tough loss, BH. Congrats, Liberty, on the win!

Port_town_texas
11-06-2004, 12:10 AM
told yall Liberty was gonna win.

bheagle03
11-06-2004, 12:18 AM
Eagles- ya'll are so great.. and i love ya'll so much and ya'll are so awesome. I know we didn't go to playoffs this year but boys next year we will i know we can do it... # 30 #32 ya'll are awesome! ya'll keep going.. basketball is coming and we need yall .. McWilliams you are very good... you did awesome this year... this just wasn't our year i guess but next year boys .. i cried for ya'll tonight and just good luck next year.. good season boys!

WAY TO GO EAGLES!!

GOOD GAME LIBERTY PANTHERS.. YA'LL PUT UP A GOOD GAME AND YA'LL CAME OUT READY... good luck

sahen
11-06-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by bheagle03
Eagles- ya'll are so great.. and i love ya'll so much and ya'll are so awesome. I know we didn't go to playoffs this year but boys next year we will i know we can do it... # 30 #32 ya'll are awesome! ya'll keep going.. basketball is coming and we need yall .. McWilliams you are very good... you did awesome this year... this just wasn't our year i guess but next year boys .. i cried for ya'll tonight and just good luck next year.. good season boys!

WAY TO GO EAGLES!!

GOOD GAME LIBERTY PANTHERS.. YA'LL PUT UP A GOOD GAME AND YA'LL CAME OUT READY... good luck

uh...last time i checked the district standings ended like this:
Liberty
Huffman
Barber's Hill
as the top 3 so they r still going to the playoffs....

sry if u were using sarcasm, i havent seen ur posts before so i dont know how u normally post...

FootballQueen
11-06-2004, 12:26 AM
FYI--Rumer has it #28 quit tonight with good reason. I wouldn't have made it this long. The coaches have jerked him around this season and there is no excuse for it. He is a strong player and runs well. He doesn't fumble anymore than anyone else so don't try that excuse. I have seen #11 fumble just as much as anyone and they don't stop letting him run, in fact they encourage it.

Anyway--The game was well fought and I thought both teams played equally well on the field.

As far as after the game the QB Smart from Liberty was the only player or fan that displayed any class. I have never seen a more unruly or undisplined team. while I agree a win is exciting...you will never see BH boys act like that. I guess that is one more reason to say I am proud to be an eagle. Congrats to Liberty anyway and good luck in the playoffs.

sahen
11-06-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by FootballQueen
FYI--Rumer has it #28 quit tonight with good reason. I wouldn't have made it this long. The coaches have jerked him around this season and there is no excuse for it. He is a strong player and runs well. He doesn't fumble anymore than anyone else so don't try that excuse. I have seen #11 fumble just as much as anyone and they don't stop letting him run, in fact they encourage it.

Anyway--The game was well fought and I thought both teams played equally well on the field.

As far as after the game the QB Smart from Liberty was the only player or fan that displayed any class. I have never seen a more unruly or undisplined team. while I agree a win is exciting...you will never see BH boys act like that. I guess that is one more reason to say I am proud to be an eagle. Congrats to Liberty anyway and good luck in the playoffs.

great....Liberty got cocky again...last time that happened they lost 5 in a row...looks like 1 and out in the playoffs again...

Ag04
11-06-2004, 12:32 AM
I have to differ with you about BH having class and Liberty not....i played against BH growing up and I would rate them amongst the worst when it comes to showing class. BH was always the most cocky and showed the least sportsmanship.

On the other hand, sounded like a great game and congrats to Liberty!

pantherpop
11-06-2004, 12:37 AM

And you're an idiot!!

sahen
11-06-2004, 12:57 AM
so did liberty play and be unsportsmanlike or did they jsut play w/ swagger?...

bheagle03
11-06-2004, 12:59 AM
Sahen===

no need to be a butt hole... everyone told me that we weren't goign to the play offs.... did huffman win?

FootballQueen
11-06-2004, 01:00 AM
Once again pantherpop thank you for the proof that Liberty lacks class. I think your team played a great game and I did give credit where credit was due. Smart went and congratulated all our team and coaches without being repremanded while the coach had to get the others in line. #34 had his own celebration at the end of the field and seperated himself from his team. Football is a team sport. I hope that you are not a father of one of the players and you responded to my post in such a tacky fashion. That explains alot.

As far as Ag04, I am sorry you feel like BH was cocky. We have had that reputation but it is just that. It is a great place to grow up and if it wasnt then we wouldn't be growing so quickly.

sahen
11-06-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by bheagle03
Sahen===

no need to be a butt hole... everyone told me that we weren't goign to the play offs.... did huffman win?

if u look at the last part of my post i said sry...i was just letting u know ur team is going to the playoffs, if u'd rather believe that they rnt then u can...

huffman won 38-13 tonight

theonly11
11-06-2004, 01:16 AM
just in case you didnt know, I play for liberty and I can say that barbers hill is the team that lacks class, not liberty. your guys were on the bottom of the pile trying to break #34's ankle every play and cheap-shoting our qb when he didnt even have the ball. I agree that both teams played well, but were you there when we went 0-5, football queen? no. we deserve a little celebration because everyone, even our own fans, were counting us out this season. we proved every single doubter wrong and we deserved to celebrate amongst ourselves. we didnt play cocky, we played with the black and gold swagger. there's a difference. posting bitter comments on here because your beloved eagles lost is not going to make up for anything. both teams played hard, and good luck to BH in the playoffs.

theonly11
11-06-2004, 01:20 AM
and one more thing...tell me why a 17 point underdog doesnt deserve to celebrate a win?

sahen
11-06-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by theonly11
just in case you didnt know, I play for liberty and I can say that barbers hill is the team that lacks class, not liberty. your guys were on the bottom of the pile trying to break #34's ankle every play and cheap-shoting our qb when he didnt even have the ball. I agree that both teams played well, but were you there when we went 0-5, football queen? no. we deserve a little celebration because everyone, even our own fans, were counting us out this season. we proved every single doubter wrong and we deserved to celebrate amongst ourselves. we didnt play cocky, we played with the black and gold swagger. there's a difference. posting bitter comments on here because your beloved eagles lost is not going to make up for anything. both teams played hard, and good luck to BH in the playoffs.

good joel...the swagger thing is good, as long as yall dont get cocky im 100% with yall...best of luck next week

AggieJohn
11-06-2004, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by sahen
so...did someone take explayer's bet for liberty to loose too? in that case we prolly wont hear from him for 6 weeks....

nope no one took my, i was lucky though that's the first BH team that has lost in BH since like 96

sahen
11-06-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by explayer2001
nope no one took my, i was lucky though that's the first BH team that has lost in BH since like 96

i see...'96 = white and chambers? right

AggieJohn
11-06-2004, 02:20 AM
i don't think chambers was even on varsity then

sahen
11-06-2004, 02:26 AM
oh ok...just wondering...

panther_pride_04
11-06-2004, 02:33 AM
okay, class? Liberty won the game........Bh played good, BUT ......they lost.....are you mad?

AggieJohn
11-06-2004, 02:59 AM
just remember you didn't blow them out.......it's not worth winning if you can't win big

Hupernikomen
11-06-2004, 03:23 AM

No you won't see BH act like that, but you will see their parents get on here and cry about how the coaches abuse and misuse the BH talent pool, and congratulate the BH players when they quit.:rolleyes::eek: :rolleyes:

sahen
11-06-2004, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by explayer2001
just remember you didn't blow them out.......it's not worth winning if you can't win big

i would make a comment....but i think u proved this statement wrong last weekend talkin about ur one point loss to us...:)

Jody
11-06-2004, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
No you won't see BH act like that, but you will see their parents get on here and cry about how the coaches abuse and misuse the BH talent pool, and congratulate the BH players when they quit.:rolleyes::eek: :rolleyes:

Your are right! We do misuse talent.

I am eating crow again here. Oh well, it was a good game. We are really hurting on defense with the injuries, so I can only hope we heal before next friday. We just could not stop the Liberty run game, that being said, we still missed a lot of opportunities to put this one away. Guess that is just football.

Look at the WOS vs. BC game. Who the hell would have thought that BC would have given WOS that much trouble. I saw BC play and theymust have realy turned it around, beacuse they just plain sucked against Silsbee.

pantherpop
11-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Good ballgame to watch. Both sides played well, maybe 2 or 3 penalities per side. No turnovers for Barbers Hill and Liberty had 3 turnovers that slowed us down. We'll need to stop the turnovers from here on out. The young players are starting to mature these last few games and it shows. Hope everybody can heal up by next Friday cause these injuries are really hurting us. Wow what a stop on 4th and short in overtime. Awesome

KTJ
11-06-2004, 08:57 AM
Saying another team "lacks class" is very CLASSLESS of yourself.

Just a thought...

pantherpop
11-06-2004, 09:07 AM
Calling someone classless for saying another team lacks class is also classless in itself.

Just popped in my head

Jody
11-06-2004, 10:09 AM
I did not see any classless activity during or after the game. There were no late hits or cheap shots that I saw. A well deserved celebration by Liberty, but I don't think you can say classless. Yes, Swift does like to celebrate, but that just seems to be his way of getting himself and the team pumped up.....which he really didn't need to do. Big tough boy!

Now that is coming from a BH smack talking fan, so Liberty still sucks! :D Actually, they suck twice as bad after two years in a row now. :D

Hold your panties next year girls........

Panther Ross
11-06-2004, 11:53 AM
I have never had so much fun in my life at that game, even when i hurt myself in the 2nd half. That sucked really bad to have to watch the rest. Anyway I am still happy. Why are people trying to hate on us? We started 0-5, and we won district champs, that is something to get excited about.

eagle.eyes
11-06-2004, 11:54 AM
The problem wasn't the players celebrating after the game, they deserved it. It was ALL the fans from the bleachers storming the field after the game jumping and acting as if they'd won state.

Panther Ross
11-06-2004, 11:58 AM
How would you feel if you started off 0-5, going into somebody else's house, winning district in overtime? How do you think BH fans would feel if that happend?

eagle.eyes
11-06-2004, 12:23 PM
1st of all Ross, nowadays it would be like any other game for BH. They would leave the field promptly, and NO fan would ever step on the field. 2nd, back in the day the BH players would have taken care of that problem themselves swiftly. Times sure do change! 3rd, it's no wonder Liberty has had discipline problems, its a learned process set by example. Now note I said the players deserved it. I congratulate the players and coaches for turning the season around. Nobody at BH thought it was going to be an easy game. Hell, after rushing for 400 yds the game shouldn't of even been close. Y'all should've won by 20.

hsfootballrules
11-06-2004, 12:55 PM
I was at the game and if BH dosent want someone celebrating on their field than win the ball game

Necked
11-06-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by hsfootballrules
I was at the game and if BH dosent want someone celebrating on their field than win the ball game

Touche!!

RBARKER
11-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Alright Liberty, BH and Huffman district is over and now the real fun starts. First congrats to Huffman and Liberty on your Co District Champ. Now 23-3a needs to worry about 24-3a I will be rooting for everyone, get in them playoffs and make some noise. Liberty is looking to be the toughest in our district and most likly to go the most rounds. Swift and Smart deserve to go far into the playoffs after last year, This is your senior year guys go represent 23-3a.

pantherpop
11-06-2004, 02:02 PM
I agree. District is over and all the big games between Liberty, Huffman, and Barbers Hill are over. Always alot said between these towns and thats what makes it fun. Now on to the playoffs as I will be rooting for all three teams especially Liberty! Represent the district well.

theonly11
11-06-2004, 02:03 PM
correction....liberty stands alone atop district 23-3A because we beat huffman head to head.

shankbear
11-06-2004, 02:07 PM
As far as celebrating....as Darrell Royal said..."act like you've been there before." It can get a bit over the top. Congrats to Liberty.

panther_pride_04
11-06-2004, 02:09 PM
BH fans, im sorry for running on yalls field after the game...IF it really did bother yall, im sorry....I dont see what the big problem is.......I could see if we would have tore down the field goal post.....then thats not to cool...Just celebrating a win...NO FIGHTING.....No talking......NOTHINGjust coming out to the field? NO CLASS? I guess

theonly11
11-06-2004, 02:10 PM
the fact is, it never got over the top. we never taunted the other team or did anything towards them. we kept it amongst ourselves. people dont understand we deserve to celebrate back to back district championships, especially this one after a 0-5 start

Bh Mama
11-06-2004, 02:18 PM

FYI FOOTBALL QUEEN IS NOT 28's mom....i am....28 quit because of the way he was being treated by his coaches....getting pulled out when he didnt need to be...he feels like hes just a first down runner and a kicker...when second down comes, hes out of there....he played maybe 8 plays the whole second half against liberty....he says he dont wanna just kick off anymore...this was his decision and we'll back him on it.

pantherpop
11-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by eagle.eyes
The problem wasn't the players celebrating after the game, they deserved it. It was ALL the fans from the bleachers storming the field after the game jumping and acting as if they'd won state.
Just to let you know the parents and students go out onto the field after every game. We do it when we win, we do it when we lose. It's just been tradition. And its not like we stormed the field like the marines did in Baghdad, or like we were retaking Omaha Beach (for all the oldtimers). We just go out there to congradulate the boys, win or lose. If we offended you, sorry but get over it. I know tensions run high on both sides of the stands as I have been on the Barbers Hill side during football and basketball games and I promise you the fans in Liberty act no better or no worse than the people in the Hill. Anyway fantastic seasons for ALL THREE AREA TEAMS. Liberty, Huffman, and Barbers Hill. Hope everybody gets healed up puts a whuppin on everybody next week.

theonly11
11-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by hsfootballrules
excellent point hsfootballrules

theonly11
11-06-2004, 02:46 PM
well that didnt work...o well...

Panther Ross
11-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by eagle.eyes
1st of all Ross, nowadays it would be like any other game for BH. They would leave the field promptly, and NO fan would ever step on the field. 2nd, back in the day the BH players would have taken care of that problem themselves swiftly. Times sure do change! 3rd, it's no wonder Liberty has had discipline problems, its a learned process set by example. Now note I said the players deserved it. I congratulate the players and coaches for turning the season around. Nobody at BH thought it was going to be an easy game. Hell, after rushing for 400 yds the game shouldn't of even been close. Y'all should've won by 20.

I don't understand. We are excited, we won district champs, bh players would have taken care of that, please spare me. I don't understand we did not even charge the field we were on our sidelines. Get off our backs, we are district champs, stop whining get over it.

pantherpop
11-06-2004, 03:53 PM
How is your ankle Ross and do you think you'll be ready for Friday?

Panther Ross
11-06-2004, 04:06 PM
I sprained it pretty bad, the doctors are saying I am out for the season, but no way over a sprained ankle. My parents are saying if I want it to get it well I have to lay off of it until at least Thursday. So I have no idea right now. We should do well friday night, can't wait to see how it goes.

scrub c
11-06-2004, 04:34 PM
I have never seen a more unruly or undisplined team. ...you will never see BH boys act like that

how come you only hear losers make those kind of comments?

the losing team i mean

Eagles52
11-06-2004, 05:40 PM
quote: Scrub C
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have never seen a more unruly or undisplined team. ...you will never see BH boys act like that
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how come you only hear losers make those kind of comments?

the losing team i mean
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually I said that about two of the players on your defensive line after we beat yall...

CPI87
11-06-2004, 07:56 PM
footballQueen, I agree with you on most of your points except about #28. There is no excuse to quit on your team for any reason and especially when your headed into the playoffs. He should be playing for the team not for himself. His brothers on the team should mean alot more than what a coach does to him. I don't think the coaches are trying to screw over any player, they don't win by holding out the best to play the worse. I think #28 is good, but not in every situation. I don't want to put him down because I think he is a good kid and player, but I think he has made a terrible decision. I'm going to say it one more time, The team is more important than any one player! He has hurt his brothers not the coaches.

BlackSmith
11-06-2004, 11:09 PM
That is gutless -- to quit on your team after ten games and after a heartbreaking loss. As his mom, why didn't you tell him to wait until Monday and THEN make up his mind. Pathetic! His band of bros depend on him and then he shafts them? #28 is NOT the best tailback on the team. He is good but he comes down too easy. He has few if any YAC. (Yards After Contact).

As his mom, you did him a disservice. Life is not that easy. You sign up for a responsibility and you see it through to the bitter end. There are no shortcuts in life.

By quitting, he is challenging authority and you are encouraging him. THE COACHES MUST BE ALLOWED TO MAKE THE FINAL DECISION AS TO WHO PLAYS AND WHO SITS. LIFE IS NOT FAIR. There are players who NEVER get to play on first down or NEVER get to kick the ball. He should be grateful he gets to start as a junior and then when someone subs for him he should encourage those playing in front of him.

He will be missed but no one will beg him back. He just ruined a promising football career. We don't want or need anyone who is gutless wearing the Blue and White. I'm glad I don't have to share a foxhole with this cat!

CPI87
11-06-2004, 11:41 PM
Blacksmith, I couldn't agree more. The more I think about this and the more I read the defense of his action it really makes me sick. One time I wanted to quit and instead of my dad supporting me he got in my face and told me to start working harder and stop my belly aching. The problem at BH is we have to many kids and parents that think their kids are superstars. I think parents are doing a huge disservice to their kids with this kind of attitude. Superstars are few and far between, very few kids make it to college on scholarships and even fewer make it to the pro's. Be happy with doing your part, what ever that part is.

Hupernikomen
11-07-2004, 01:01 AM
I didn't know whose mama anyone was just know that it isn't very good to get on this message board and start airing dirty laundry that make the team and coaches look bad. Sorry things worked out that way for your son and wish him the best in his studies and other endeavors.

Hupernikomen
11-07-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by CPI87
Blacksmith, I couldn't agree more. The more I think about this and the more I read the defense of his action it really makes me sick. One time I wanted to quit and instead of my dad supporting me he got in my face and told me to start working harder and stop my belly aching. The problem at BH is we have to many kids and parents that think their kids are superstars. I think parents are doing a huge disservice to their kids with this kind of attitude. Superstars are few and far between, very few kids make it to college on scholarships and even fewer make it to the pro's. Be happy with doing your part, what ever that part is.

This is precisely why the idea of #28 quitting should have never been brought up. You two guys feel a lot of emotion over a tough loss, but frankly you have no right telling this mother how to raise her child. No doubt this is a decision he probably will regret for the rest of his life, but forcing him to play does little but excerbate the situation and causes more bitterness. If he is selfish as you seem to indicate the team will be better off without him. If he is being neglected and misused as he thinks then he needed to walk away, but I speak from experience when I say he will soon regret his decision. In our school we have it in our policy that students can come back after quitting if they come back in 24 hours. We all make bad decision in the heat of the moment. I agree he needed to wait and think his decision through.

Jody
11-07-2004, 07:51 AM
Hupernikomen:

I would like to invite you to the BC vs. BH game Friday. Hopefully we can get our injured stricken butts past BC so we can most likely see Jasper. Got to get that shirt on you...... :D

Big C
11-07-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by CPI87

#28 made his decision and even though we may not agree, it is his right to do what he thinks he needs to do. As for your comment about the BH parents, we do have talent, just like every other team out there. We support our kids just like every other parent. There comes a time when parents have to let their kids make their own decision and live with the consequences whether good or bad.

Come on Eagles, it's time to get back on track. Get it done!

Mr.EagleToYou
11-07-2004, 11:01 AM
but frankly you have no right telling this mother how to raise her child.

Yes, normally I would agree that family matters are private. But when his mother came on this forum trying to defend his action to quit, then she became fair game also. Blacksmith and CPI87 are right.

Johnnypaycheck
11-07-2004, 12:30 PM
what has happened to the barber's hill eagles...when we played you guys, i thought you guys would run the table the rest of the season...i had you guys easily winning that district...injuries or grades get you?

good luck in the playoffs

bheagle03
11-07-2004, 03:47 PM
wow. it's pretty great seeing all the parents gossip and fight over the high school football teams.. ya'll must not have any time on ya'lls hands.. #28 made his own decision and yes he might regret it but let him live his own life.. i mean my gosh give me a break.. i read downlow everyday and just laugh at how all you people just get so into this.. i mean i love high school football myself but .. lord i guess not as much as all... i get into the games and i get mad but geez not this mad.. just let them play some football people.. it's just a game.. :rolleyes:

Good luck in the playoffs Bh, Liberty, and Huffman!

As for the Barbers Hill Volleyball team... beat Jasper and going on and playing Liberty at Lee College Tuesday at 6 o'clock! good luck girls i'll be there watching and cheering for yall :eek:

Hupernikomen
11-07-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Jody
Hupernikomen:

I would like to invite you to the BC vs. BH game Friday. Hopefully we can get our injured stricken butts past BC so we can most likely see Jasper. Got to get that shirt on you...... :D

I would love to see that game jody but unfortunately I will be in lufkin friday night watching the dogs. good luck against bc should be a good one. hope bh can pull it together.

Hupernikomen
11-07-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Mr.EagleToYou
Yes, normally I would agree that family matters are private. But when his mother came on this forum trying to defend his action to quit, then she became fair game also. Blacksmith and CPI87 are right.

that is all fine and well, but this momma didn't bring it up she just responded to what was being said...she stated she was supporting her son's decision and I think we all should leave it at that is all I am saying. Lots of football left to play hopefully.

BHtheHILL
11-07-2004, 06:18 PM
The answer to your reply is Injuries! We have 5 key starters out. #11, #34, #46, #18 & Caleb. We are beat up pretty bad. Hopefully we can get some of these boys back for the B.C. game.

BlueBlood
11-07-2004, 07:49 PM
I don't see BH getting any of these players back for the playoffs. I just hope the kids play their hearts out and they will have a chance.

PANTHERFAN05
11-08-2004, 09:43 AM
First of all, I was one of those darling friends storming the field Friday night. Believe it our not our boys deserved it more than ever. No one believe in them after they went 0-5, but things change. Both teams played good. It was a hard fought game, but we came up with the better end of the stick. This week we have a good game coming up at home against Hardin-Jefferson. We will just take it one game at a time for now. Good Luck to Barbers Hill against Bridge City.