PDA

View Full Version : Texas Lady Horns and Texas A&M Lady Aggies win tonight!!

PhiI C
11-05-2004, 10:54 PM
In the Big 12 Semis in college soccer tonight both Texas teams were victorious!! The first game Texas played sixth ranked Kansas and came from behind to win 3 to 2 in double overtime. It was a humdinger! Kansas scored in the first half to lead 1 to 0 and then scored early in the second half to lead 2 to 0. Texas scored twice in the last twenty minutes to tie the game at 2 to 2 and send the game into overtime. With about 2.06 seconds left in the second overtime Kelly McDonald scored for Texas to win the game! A great game indeed.
Unfortunately the Aggie game was not televised but the Lady Aggies beat Colorado 3 to 1.
This puts the Lady Aggies and Lady Horns in the final championship game on Sunday at 1:00 P.M. Both teams should be shoo ins as far as getting invited to the NCAA finals is concerned. In fact probably all four teams that played today will be invited.

PhiI C
11-05-2004, 10:55 PM
KTJ you might ought to consider going to San Antonio Sunday to see this great matchup.

KTJ
11-05-2004, 10:56 PM
I have to do something in San Marcos but that is pretty cool that they made the finals.

I wonder if this counts toward that stupid Lone Star Showdown stuff?

PhiI C
11-05-2004, 10:59 PM
No KTJ. Only regular season game counts toward that. As far as the Lone Star Showdown in soccer that is already over.

Bulldog_12
11-05-2004, 11:10 PM
This is great, congratulations to both teams. I hope the Aggs can win. Tell Texas thanks for beating out Kansas!!!:D

PhiI C
11-06-2004, 12:22 PM
Bull it was a great game. I just don't know why they didn't also televise the Aggies' game. :mad:
This was the first time this year that anyone scored three points on Kansas Bull. They have a great defense and had several shutouts and most teams that scored on them only scored one point I think. The Kansas goalie Megan Miller is great. She made a lot of saves. It looked like they were going to shut out Texas until the last twenty minutes. Actually none of the goals were Millers fault either. Texas got one goal because Miller was catching a ball and one of her teammates colided with her making her drop the ball letting the Texas player then make an easy goal. The second Texas goal was because one of the Kansas defenders let the Texas forward get behind her heading to the goal and she fouled her in the box giving Texas a penalty shot to tie the game. It looked like in the last two minutes of the second overtime it was going to come down to penalty kicks but the Kansas defenders let the Texas forwards get ahead of them at the goal and she was able to score easily.
It should be a great game Sunday Bull and both teams are capable of winning it. They are good teams with a good future.

Phil C
11-07-2004, 01:04 PM
They play in the finals today (Sunday) at 1:00 P.M.