PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwater VS. Greenwood - This game has me scared - any opinion??

Ranger Mom
09-08-2002, 10:13 AM
I am worried about this one. In fact the next three games have me worried. Sweetwater, Snyder and Andrews. We play Sweetwater and Snyder at home and Andrews at the Sports Complex. Hopefully, we will stay healthy for the start of district, which all of 3-4A will go into with one win, since Presidio forfeited all their games. From what I hear they only had 19 players suit up - from Freshman to Varsity. That is really sad!!

Wtx_coach
09-08-2002, 05:36 PM
Hey MOM, yes you do guys have a tough schedule coming up, you guys probably will be 2-3 going into district but those games will help you guys for the playoffs, Im taking sweetwater by 7 over you guys, carillo might be to much but thats all they have, so if you stop carillo you have a good shot in beating sweetwater.

sinton66
09-08-2002, 05:45 PM
I have to say that I don't know much about either team, but data poll has Greenwood by two. That should mean a pretty even match, but not always.

Ranger Mom
09-08-2002, 06:42 PM
I haven't looked at any of the polls, just kinda watched what the other teams have been doing. We played a good game against Sweetwater until the half last year. They came out ready to play in the second half and ended up beating us 21-24, but they killed us the year before, so I don't have any prediction how it will go. I'm just glad it's at home, I will have to go to Sweetwater Thursday night to watch my Freshman son play!! I am anxious to see their field.

wildstangs
09-08-2002, 07:11 PM
I dont really know what to think about the Mustangs. I was dissapointed Friday night, but maybe they had an off night. In my opinion, Sweetwater takes this one, simply because I dont see us losing 2 in a row.

Ranger Mom
09-08-2002, 08:03 PM
Wildstangs, will you be making the trip to Greenwood Friday night?? Whichever way it goes, I hope it is a injury free game for both of us. If you are going to be here - be safe!!

VWG
09-08-2002, 08:34 PM
You beat Sweetwater by stoping their QB, period, end of story. The kid can play, no doubt... but it's a lopsided team. Their FB is a good player, but against Graham it was all dive plays for 2-3 yds.
If you keep Carillo in the pocket, and don't let them pull the "student body right/left" sweep on you with Carillo, you can beat them.
PS- Their kicking game sucks.

wildstangs
09-08-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by VWG:
You beat Sweetwater by stoping their QB, period, end of story. The kid can play, no doubt... but it's a lopsided team. Their FB is a good player, but against Graham it was all dive plays for 2-3 yds.
If you keep Carillo in the pocket, and don't let them pull the "student body right/left" sweep on you with Carillo, you can beat them.
PS- Their kicking game sucks.

I know you are entitled to your own opinion, but you didnt see Sweetwaters best game at all. Our fullback also had 10 stitches in one of his legs.

wildstangs
09-08-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom:
Wildstangs, will you be making the trip to Greenwood Friday night?? Whichever way it goes, I hope it is a injury free game for both of us. If you are going to be here - be safe!!

Yes Ma'am we plan on making the trip to the sticks. I wish Greenwood and injury free game also, and we can only hope for as good of a game as we saw last year.

vet93
09-09-2002, 09:45 AM
Ranger Mom...I rate this game as a toss-up. So it depends on who is up for the game and ready to play. What Greenwood has going for them is team speed which will go a long way in helping to stop Carrillo. It is also at home. What Sweetwater has in their favor is of course Carrillo and his elusiveness and a burning desire not to lose two games in a row. It would have been better for Greenwood had Sweetwater beaten Graham. I haven't seen Sweetwater play but I would guess that their o-line hasn't come together yet. They will only get better with time. Also, as I have said all along...Carrillo needs to learn to distribute the ball more effectively. He is still the man, but it is involving the others in the offense that will give them success in the long term (playoffs). All of the great option quarterbacks were able to elevate the games of the people around them with their decision making.

I haven't looked at any of the polls, just kinda watched what the other teams have been doing. We played a good game against Sweetwater until the half last year. They came out ready to play in the second half and ended up beating us 21-24, but they killed us the year before, so I don't have any prediction how it will go. I'm just glad it's at home, I will have to go to Sweetwater Thursday night to watch my Freshman son play!! I am anxious to see their field.

Ranger Mom
09-09-2002, 01:19 PM
I have been wondering where you were. I didn't see one single post about Ballinger all weekend. I did read that Ballinger beat Bangs didn't I. Congrats!! Who do you have next??

vet93
09-09-2002, 07:11 PM
Hey Ranger Mom...Congrats on another good win for the Rangers. It sounds like ya'll really got rolling in the second half. If the Rangers come in fired up with their heads on straight they will give the Mustangs all that they want. Carrillo is slippery though and Sweetwater will be more physical than Ballinger was against you guys. We looked much better against Bangs. Boy, they had some stout kids. That Draper kid who signed with TCU was almost impossible to bring down. We were without Posey again, but the team seemed better prepared to play without him and the coaches emphasized the passing game a little more which netted about 190 yards passing. I am still concerned about teams that have team speed like Greenwood (ie Abilene Wylie) but we seem to be improving and only time will tell. We play a tough Merkel team next. We play in Merkel and coach Flowers will have them ready to play. Good luck against the Mustangs! Both teams will be better in the end for playing each other and that is the best part! I still don't know who is going to win this one...it should be a Dandy. You ought to try and meet Wildstangs at halftime and have a coke together! Talk to you later. Vet93

I have been wondering where you were. I didn't see one single post about Ballinger all weekend. I did read that Ballinger beat Bangs didn't I. Congrats!! Who do you have next??

huthut
09-09-2002, 09:29 PM
i will take the stangs by 8, carrillo will give them fits and they will be better prepared mentally, greenwood is good, purser is a good coach

Ranger Mom
09-10-2002, 08:43 AM
I am not going to make a prediction...I don't know enough about Football to even try. That's why I come here, trying to learn this "game" that my husband and boys seem to love. I have always liked Coach Purser, as a coach and a person. It is so easy to blame a loss on a coach. One thing I do have to admit about this years team is that they seem to get along very good as a team. There seemed to be ego problems on last years team, and I don't see so much of that this year. To you, hut, I hope I have convinced you that I am not who you think I am. Not to be rude or anything, but I could really care less what you think. But, I seem to be the only person on here from Greenwood, and I don't want to be known as some trash talking, know-it-all person. I am just a mom who is trying to absorb all I can about this sport. Thanks to all of you out there who have helped me out and not laughed at some of my "stupid" question. Okay, I feel better now, I will step off of my soap-box and get to work!!

liontammer
09-10-2002, 09:58 AM
hey vet how is Posey?? When do they expect to get him back??

vet93
09-10-2002, 11:33 AM
Liontamer...I think that Antonio will be playing this week against Merkel but I am not sure. I am sure that the coaches want to make sure that he is o.k. before he gets back on the field. With an injury like this it is always better to be safe than sorry.

Originally posted by liontammer:
hey vet how is Posey?? When do they expect to get him back??

audasmom7
09-10-2002, 11:37 PM
Ranger mom don't be scared we will either win or lose, I hope we win, Sweetwater has some good players, But so do we! They have alot more depth than we have, but our boy's have alot of heart.

sinton66
09-10-2002, 11:40 PM
Data Poll has Greenwood by +3.5, Up from 2 last week. That usually means a close game that could go either way. But,they're leaning toward Greenwood. Best of luck to both teams.

[This message has been edited by sinton66 (edited September 11, 2002).]

Ranger Mom 70
09-11-2002, 07:41 AM
I, too, have been looking forward to this game - it has become a good rivalry - best of luck to all teams this week - all injury free !!! We look forward to Friday Night Football !!

wildstangs
09-11-2002, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by audasmom7:
Ranger mom don't be scared we will either win or lose, I hope we win, Sweetwater has some good players, But so do we! They have alot more depth than we have, but our boy's have alot of heart.

Good luck to the Rangers. New year, same results http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by wildstangs (edited September 11, 2002).]

Ranger Mom
09-12-2002, 11:55 AM
Settle down Audasmom, it's okay. Wildstangs is a good guy, (i hope he is a guy) he's just hoping for the same results as last year. We, on the other hand, are NOT hoping for a three-peat. Wildstangs, you better be nice around Audasmom, she's meaner than me!!
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/ubb/eek.gif

vet93
09-12-2002, 09:49 PM
Classy post audasmom7...listen to RangerMom. Wildstangs is a good guy and will give you props if you win. Did you notice the smiley face after his post. That means that he was just having fun. Please try to think before what enters your head ends up on the board. Good natured fun is a great thing but there was nothing good natured nor fun about your reply. We are all somewhat biased on this board...nothing wrong with that...but we try to keep things civil and have fun.

Originally posted by audasmom7:
You can kiss my ass