PDA

View Full Version : Diboll/Jasper bi-district

andy_dufresne
11-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Yes, it's thinking ahead, but isn't that our job on the board. I've heard that it's going to be Diboll/Jasper in Lufkin FRIDAY night, but whoever plays K'ville will play THURSDAY at Homer Bryce in Nac.

The only way Jasper cannot play Diboll is if they beat Silsbee by 16+ AND win a coin flip.

So there ya go...

Hupernikomen
11-05-2004, 02:49 PM
sounds right to me. tall receiver will give Jasper fits since our CBs are so short.

andy_dufresne
11-05-2004, 02:50 PM
He hasn't had a 2nd half catch in four gms, but don't let that fool ya. D's running game is REALLY good right now.

kaorder1999
11-05-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by andy_dufresne
He hasn't had a 2nd half catch in four gms, but don't let that fool ya. D's running game is REALLY good right now.

is that D running game as good as D'Bo's back in the day?

andy_dufresne
11-05-2004, 03:09 PM
No such thing as that bud. U should know that without even asking. Unbelievable. Can't believe it's been four/five yrs. since we called their games.

I honestly think the scary thing about Diboll is that they are going to sneak up on a lot of people with their record (6-4 after tonight hopefully). They lost three games in a row before district started that were all decided in the last minute. It really sucked. The could be an 8-1 team right now. after all, they were preseason #12 in 3A...

mistanice
11-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
is that D running game as good as D'Bo's back in the day?

D'Bo's? Are you talking about Carlos Lee? He was a good back but I think the Trio of this year RB's are better than ever....other than when we had Colquitt in 2001, Diboll has a pretty strong running game.

If Diboll ends up playing Jasper it will be a good game.....I finally get a chance to see how good Jasper is this year.....Last year they were good as Diboll lost by 7....they lost Cook but I know they have talent in the backfield.

Stangster
11-05-2004, 06:04 PM
Jasper by 10.