PDA

View Full Version : Who should I pick up on my fantasy team???

big daddy russ
11-05-2004, 10:38 AM
Basketball, not football...

Juan Dixon, Bobby Simmons or Kyle Korver? I've been looking at all three, but Simmons and Dixon are on a tear (I know it's only three days into the season, but still). The problems I see with Dixon and Simmons is that they aren't the regular starters.

I'm wondering if Dixon will hit the shelf when Hughes, Peeler and Gilbert Arenas come back... or will his performance get him a spot in the rotation?

Simmons usually backs up Kerry Kittles, but Kittles is out for at least a month. Simmons dropped 30, 6, and 6 on the Sonics the other night. My biggest problem isn't the Kittles factor, it's this: Simmons only missed two shots in that game, throwing up field goals at an 87% clip. I don't care if he doesn't score 30 every game, but can I expect 15, 5, and 5? Also, Shaun Livingston (the Clippers' first-round pick) may be straight out of high school, but they're trying to get him some reps. With Corey Maggette and Elton Brand already there and Livingston looking for playing time, will I be able to squeeze enough out of Simmons to warrant a pickup? The biggest positive he has going for him is the fact that everybody was impressed with how hard he worked during the offseason.

Finally, Korver. He's not a starter and won't put up the points Dixon or Simmons will, but I'm desperately in need of a three-point shooter and he hit four in his first game. He'll log good minutes (he had 24 the other night... I expect him to get between 22-30 per night) and his minutes won't go down because he's the 76'ers big threat from downtown. He's a high-percentage shooter and won't exactly hurt me in rebounds, assists, steals or turnovers. The safest pick of them all.

I'm in a Yahoo! roto-league, and have plenty of steals, rebounds, blocks, assists and should have a good FG%. Might be lacking a little in points, but I'm counting on Harrington, Bosh and Wallace to step it up this year. Hopefully that will happen and round out my team.
This is what my team looks like:

PG: Steve Francis
SG: Jeff McInnis
G: Rafer Alston
SF: Al Harrington
PF: Chris Webber
F: Drew Gooden
C: Tim Duncan
C: Marcus Camby
Util: Chris Bosh (F/C)
Util: Gerald Wallace (G/F)

Bench: Tyson Chandler (PF)

Tomorrow, I get Reggie Miller in exchange for David Wesley. Wesley's an aging, undersized two-guard who has relied on his athleticism way too much for this stage in his career. Besides, I can stick Miller on the Injured List, pick up another player temporarily, and wait for Miller's long-range game. That will give me two open spots on my roster. What do you guys think?

big daddy russ
11-05-2004, 11:33 AM
ttt