PDA

View Full Version : What's with the NFL?!

Phil C
11-05-2004, 10:07 AM
They let TMac or whoever that is from the Eagles do all that end zone celebration and the Eagles don't get any penalties and he doesn't get fined. I remember Mark Gastonov (spelling) would do a celebration years ago when he got a sack and it created interest and the NFL said they were going to fine him and penalize the team if he didn't stop. What is going on NFL? Where is your consistency?

Highschoolfan78
11-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Ya i believe it is Terrell Owens that you are talking about and yes he should be fined. Not for the dance that he performed but also for the comments he made about Ray Lewis after the game calling Ray Lewis a murderer, which he was proven innocent. This is the 2nd time he has talked about personal issues with players after calling his formal qb Jeff Garcia gay. I think that he has no respect and is too worried about himself than playing the game. I wish every NFL star would have the attitude that Barry Sanders had. Barry Sanders never celebrated a touchdown with a dance, but would calmly hand the ball to the ref. Now you wonder why so many high school players taunt in games!!:p

Keith7
11-05-2004, 12:23 PM
Its just fun.. the NFL is entertainment.. if teams dont want a guy to dance they should keep him out of the endzone...

Ray Lewis was still involved in the incident, and was obviously hanging around w/ the wrong people but he is on the cover of S.I., has had numerous shows following him on ESPN, and was on the latest Madden.. But Terrell is the best wide reciever in the league and doesnt get any kinda of plublicity like that, and is considered a bad guy.. his arguement makes sense...

BTW.. click on the link in my signature, i think yall will like it

Maroon87
11-05-2004, 12:31 PM
I think Roy Williams of the Cowboys was practicing for T.O. last week vs. Detroit. Did you see him? He was flat out wreaking havoc, laying guys out all over the place.

Phil C
11-05-2004, 12:54 PM
I think you missed the point Keith. They let TO celebrate but they wouldn't let Mark. It was inconsistency I was conplaining about. I kind of like the celebrations but let's let everyone do it without reprisals.

Keith7
11-05-2004, 01:33 PM
times change phil..

How old is this Mark Gastonov???

it seems like they have been dancing for along time with out getting in trouble, like the old Iggy Shuffle...

TO just made it an art

TheDOCTORdre
11-05-2004, 02:07 PM
I dont remember who it was but earlier this year a guy jumped into the arms of his teammate after scoring a TD and they gave him a 15 yard penalty, I have no problem w/ T.O celebrating cuz like you said its entertainment, but they gotta be consistent

Keith7
11-05-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I dont remember who it was but earlier this year a guy jumped into the arms of his teammate after scoring a TD and they gave him a 15 yard penalty, I have no problem w/ T.O celebrating cuz like you said its entertainment, but they gotta be consistent

they made a new penalty where 2 or more people can not celebrate together.. this keeps teams from doing huge coreographed celebrations like the rams or the falcons used to do.. so they were being consistent with that penalty they gave those 2 guys celebrating

TheDOCTORdre
11-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
they made a new penalty where 2 or more people can not celebrate together.. this keeps teams from doing huge coreographed celebrations like the rams or the falcons used to do.. so they were being consistent with that penalty they gave those 2 guys celebrating
Oh ya you're right my bad

Flourhead
11-05-2004, 05:10 PM
the NFL is just growing up and realizing that fans enjoy celebrations and its just an expression of emotions... if a team won the Super Bowl and just walked off the field, would that bring the same excitement to the game? yes of course it would

Bulldog_12
11-05-2004, 05:13 PM
I think it is hilarious. TO does great things for football. He makes people want to watch even if it just to see what he will do next. And in regards to his comments, even though they aren't nice and in fact could be hurtful, it is a free country. You cant fine someone for voicing what they think of someone. Thats between the two people. I just keep watching and getting my cheap laughs.:D

Stangster
11-05-2004, 06:18 PM
Whatever happened to class?

Keith7
11-05-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Stangster
Whatever happened to class?

it went away when people relized that you can get away with this stuff w/ out hurting anyones feelings.. i'm sorry if it makes you cry when other teams score on yours and dance.. but its fun

sinton66
11-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
I think it is hilarious. TO does great things for football. He makes people want to watch even if it just to see what he will do next. And in regards to his comments, even though they aren't nice and in fact could be hurtful, it is a free country. You cant fine someone for voicing what they think of someone. Thats between the two people. I just keep watching and getting my cheap laughs.:D

I disagree, there are laws on the books against libel and slander. You CAN'T say anything you want without fear of reprisal.

Keith7
11-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
I disagree, there are laws on the books against libel and slander. You CAN'T say anything you want without fear of reprisal.

TO didnt slander anything though