PDA

View Full Version : To Bandera Ya Ya & BULLDOGFAN (Again!!!)

Brahma73
12-21-2002, 10:59 PM
OH.....MY......GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
I just knew you could do it!!!! Please give me some idea what this all must feel like. There's no better storybook ending on earth than the Bandera Bulldogs rising up against the polls and the odds and bringin' home the gold. I am so very proud of the 'Dogs and all the Bandera fans. :) :) My most hearty congratulations to you!
I'm really sorry I couldn't make this one but it must have been a classic. I don't even know the final score, but I heard it was double OT. That's the way it should be...a battle to the finish.
Your boys earned this championship with courage, determination, pride, great coaching and a tremendous attitude. What a tribute to Bandera's young people and your communtity. What a marvelous Christmas present! WOW!!!!!

I hope we get a chance to dethrone you next year. wink Seems we meet every year!! Ha!

Take care all, God Bless, and Happy Holidays!

Bandera YaYa
12-22-2002, 02:05 AM
THANKS FOR YOUR KIND WORDS...I DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS, I STILL FEEL LIKE THERE IS ANOTHER GAME TO PLAY...WEIRD...THIS HAS BEEN SUCH A EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER RIDE....I MEAN, WHEN WE FINISHED 3RD IN DISTRICT, I FELT SO SAD, BECAUSE I KNEW WHAT THESE GUYS WERE CAPABLE OF...I HAVE WATCHED THEM SINCE 7TH GRADE...TO HAVE TO FIGHT AND SCRATCH EACH AND EVERY GAME WAS SO EXHAUSTING...TO HEAR EVEYONE SAY,"OH THEY WON'T WIN THIS ONE", TO CONTINULY BE THE UNDERDOG, TO HEAR PEOPLE TELL US WE WERE THE LESSER TEAM...WELL I GUESS IT' JUST THAT MUCH SWEETER..BUT I DO WANT TO THANK YOU AND ALL THE CONVERTS...WE RALLY NEEDED YOUR SUPPORT....I AM SO UNBELIEVABLY TIRED, SORRY FOR THE MISSPELLED WORDS OR IF I DON'T SAY IT RIGHT....I'VE GOT TO GET TO BED...I FEEL LIKE I COULD SLEEP FOR A WEEK...REALLY, THANKS AGAIN, IT HAS BEEN A HUGE PLEASURE TO POST WITH YOU...YOUR TEAM WERE GREAT WARRIORS....I KNOW YOU ARE SO PROUD OF THEM, TOO...I'LL TALK SOME MORE TOMORROW....CAN'T KEEP MY EYES OPEN ANY LONGER.....TEXAS FOOTBALL IS THE BEST!!!!! MY HAT OFF TO ALL THE PLAYOFF TEAMS....BANDERA IS GOING CRAZY RIGHT NOW....THANKS FOR SOME GREAT MEMORIES AND GREAT FRIENDS........GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
LOVE, YA YA

Ranger Mom
12-22-2002, 02:12 AM
Ya Ya and BulldogFan - ck your PM!! :p

BULLDOGFAN
12-22-2002, 01:30 PM
Thanks Brahma and Ranger,

Now that it is over and we have won the big one, it is just hard to explain how we all feel. Right now are numb.

So many things happened to us along this trail. You would not believe how the kids and parents have bonded this season. By the end of the year, not only did the kids become freinds for life but so did the Parents. Hugging between all became a popular sight.

As a parent of a player, you would not believe all the things that went on behind the scenes leading to this. From the Mid-night sign making parties, to the Ya - Ya Cheerleaders, to the Police taped Dog Pound, To the 55 gallon barrel that ended up in the School Parking lot, to the Toilet papering of all the boys houses, to the send off parties with make shift drums and signs and our own style of cheerleaders, and finaly to the one and only State Pep Rally the night before, Bulldog Masks and all.

It was just a never ending party.

To the boys, well what can you say. They just never gave up. How we came out of that game with a win is just unbelievable. Those Ranger Boys were very hungry, and every time they touched the ball it was nerve racking.

But in the end it was just us. A bunch of Farm Hands from Texas.

When after the game Brett brought the State trophy up to me and said " Hey Rick touch this.." I said Hell No, "I want to kiss it"

That's how we feel......

Ranger Mom
12-22-2002, 01:49 PM
I also wanted to commend #20. (I think that was the #). When all the hugging and celebrating was going on, he broke out of the group and made it a point to come over to the Greenwood sideline and shook hands with the coaches and shook hands and hugged several players. THAT is the kind of attitude I like to see. I believe he was also the one who ran up and down the Bandera sidelines with the trophy to show the audience. Even though I was upset, I couldn't help but smile at his antics and be happy for Bandera!