PDA

View Full Version : 11-04-04 volleyball results!

PhiI C
11-05-2004, 12:10 AM
Tonight Carrizo Springs was defeated by Falfurrias 3 - 0. Carrizo Springs had a tough win over the Sinton Lady Pirates Tuesday night so they must have been flat having to play a second match so soon.

lilt1506
11-05-2004, 12:17 AM
did Silsbee win

Hupernikomen
11-05-2004, 12:26 AM
silsbee is on a collision course with BH IMO.

BURNT ORANGE HORNET 86
11-05-2004, 12:36 AM
#5 Caldwell (33-5)over China Spring 3-1

OldBrahma04
11-05-2004, 01:00 AM
#3 Bellville (30-5) over Gatesville...straight games

pirate44
11-05-2004, 07:50 AM
hey Phil C, i was wondering why Sinton can have a consistantly good football, baseball, and every few years basketball team (boys of course), yet i dont remember having "great" girls teams. correct me if I'm wrong, but why might that be if I'm right? is it coaching? money (nothing against uil rules)? or just raw talent?

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2004, 09:31 AM
I know our girls played Sweeny last night, but I've not been able to get results yet.

On a side note, because of the success of our volleyball team, there were only 3 varsity girls basketball starters available for the start of the season.

Phil C
11-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
hey Phil C, i was wondering why Sinton can have a consistantly good football, baseball, and every few years basketball team (boys of course), yet i dont remember having "great" girls teams. correct me if I'm wrong, but why might that be if I'm right? is it coaching? money (nothing against uil rules)? or just raw talent?

We have had some good volleyball teams 44. For example just last year the girls made the final 8 in regionals in volleyball and the only team that stopped them from going to state was Wimberley who had probably the best team in the country and who won state easily. This year's volleyball team still made the playoffs in spite of all the graduation loses from last year and should be very good next year because we have lots of players coming back.

Our softball teams have had success too and we advanced two games in the playoffs last year. They should be good this year too because they have most of their starters back plus some outstanding freshmen coming up. Look for good things to happen for these girls if they stay focused and out of trouble and not let this great opportunity they have for the next few years get away from them.

I look for the girls' basketball team to be improved this year. District is tough but hopefully they can get into the playoffs and win a few games.

I think the girls have an opportunity to be great the next several years if they want it bad enough. It is up to them. The talent is there.

pirate44
11-05-2004, 10:20 AM
Im talking about consistancy, Phil. year after year, we know our boys teams will compete deep into the playoffs. why hasnt that happened with the girls teams. It would be cool for sinton to be known as the girls basketball or volleyball "powerhouse" in Texas.

Phil C
11-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
Im talking about consistancy, Phil. year after year, we know our boys teams will compete deep into the playoffs. why hasnt that happened with the girls teams. It would be cool for sinton to be known as the girls basketball or volleyball "powerhouse" in Texas.

Oh I see 44. Now that makes the question difficult and I don't know the answer. Hopefully it will change over the next few years. Regardless I will support them as long as health and finances permit no matter how they do.

Cat22
11-05-2004, 10:54 AM
Silsbee did beat Orangefield 3-0.

LH Panther Mom
11-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Well, I don't know scores, but I understand our girls lost last night. :(

OnceABuc
11-05-2004, 01:15 PM
Pirate44 - It is my personal opinion that Girls Athletics at SHS have a long history of being neglected when seeking really, really qualified coaches to coach a particular girls sport. I'm sure no one else have ever experienced football or other such coaches being the Head Coach of their girls teams?????? Sinton is getting better but still has a long way to go. The talent is there - just like the boys - but the desire and the efforts to get the qualified coaches has not been there. We had great softball teams from 98-01, with 2 State Semifinal appearances in 99 & 01 but the 00 team was even better and didn't advance far partly because of coaching decisions (ask anyone around Sinton that was following the team then). We had some success in VB in the 90's with Coach Atzenhoffer and it looks like the VB program may now be improving with the current coaching, but, like I said, we still have a long, long way to go in some of the other girls sports! Again, just my personal opinion (somewhat qualified to make it).

pirate44
11-05-2004, 03:27 PM
are there any high schools in the state known more for their girls teams than their boys teams?

18handicap
11-06-2004, 02:17 PM
Sinton has been in the playoffs in softball for several years in a row and has been to state twice in the last few years. They have had a good coach and now have another good coach, who are both friends of mine. I'll make sure I tell the former coach that you have questioned his decisions when it was under his leadership that the girls went as far as they did. The current coach, who is also a friend of mine continues to do a good job with the girls in the program and will continue to enjoy success in the playoffs.

18handicap
11-06-2004, 02:19 PM
Sweeny defeated Liberty Hill: 25-17, 25-9, 25-19

The LH girls played with a determined effort, desire, and hustle and should be commended by those in their community for their success this season.

chs_cheer06
11-06-2004, 02:23 PM
#5 Caldwell will play Lorena at Temple Junior College on Tuesday, November 9th at 7pm.... For Regional Quaterfinals.

sinpirate
11-07-2004, 10:22 PM
ttt

pantherpop
11-07-2004, 10:26 PM
I know the Liberty girls have beaten Bridge City and Crockett so far in the playoffs. I think Barbers Hill is their next game and I believe they are #1 in the state

Ranger05
11-07-2004, 10:33 PM
greenwood was defeated by Lubbock cooper 3-0 cant remember the scores of every match though