PDA

View Full Version : 10-1??

bigfanofthegame
09-08-2002, 11:17 PM
I have been reading on other boards and some of the posts have said that Pilot Point runs a 10-1??? I am not familiar with this and was wondering if anyone could explain it to me. If anyone could enlighten me on this subject I would be thankful.

Chris Hart
09-08-2002, 11:22 PM
I believe it is 10 defenders on the line of scrimmage and 1 safety.The same defense Coach Moore ran at Celina.I don't know if it will be a good idea against Daugherty and Bridgeport though.

Jacket2000
09-09-2002, 01:06 AM
Yes, it's the same as what GA ran at Celina, but it's not quite what you're thinking. Yes, alot of times the idea is to get to the QB before he gets a chance to throw it, but he also disguses alot of coverages out of it. Ive spent at least 3 years trying to figure it out, and that's about all I've discovered so far LOL.
J2K

eye of the tiger
09-09-2002, 09:34 AM
Jacket I think it has baffled alot of oposing coaches also.

BullBacker
09-09-2002, 11:01 PM
It will be interesting to see how the Bulls will handle it this Friday. Obviously they cant run that against the spread offense of Bridgeport, but I think the idea will be to confuse the offense. The question will be what quarter will they figure it out.