PDA

View Full Version : Good Teams Left Out Of Playoffs!

shspiratefan
11-04-2004, 03:10 PM
So what teams are really good and in another district would be in the playoffs. I know of one and that is Shepherd. They have a chance to end the year at 7-3 but they will be left home come playoff time cuz they are in a district with Jasper, Silsbee, and Kirbyville. Lost to Jasper 34-6, Silsbee 18-2, and Kirbyville 14-6. Are there any other teams that deserve to be in the playoffs?

IHStangFan
11-04-2004, 03:12 PM
hell...just about ANYONE in Sinton's district should at LEAST go 2 rounds deep! LOL Ingleside and Goliad have good teams, and although..they arent in our district anymore....i think West Oso is finally firing on all cylinders...they should do well. Yoakum does well in the playoffs too i'd be willing to bet.

Highschoolfan78
11-04-2004, 03:13 PM
The loser of Yoakum or Luling will bea good team left at home. Luling plays with alot of heart and Yoakum has good talent.

IHStangFan
11-04-2004, 03:15 PM
AH.....i misunderstood.....i gotcha now..... sorry bout that.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-04-2004, 03:16 PM
Breckenridge or Vernon will miss the playoffs. Both are good team.

They play Friday for the last spot in district 5.

Titans
11-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Whitney
Progresso
Venus
Kemp
Nevada Community
Smithville

Just to name a few.

Tarkington may be the best team NOT making the playoffs.:D

j_dog
11-04-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by shspiratefan
So what teams are really good and in another district would be in the playoffs. I know of one and that is Shepherd. They have a chance to end the year at 7-3 but they will be left home come playoff time cuz they are in a district with Jasper, Silsbee, and Kirbyville. Lost to Jasper 34-6, Silsbee 18-2, and Kirbyville 14-6. Are there any other teams that deserve to be in the playoffs?
I agree shspiratefan. Shepherd probably would have made the playoffs in just about any other 3a district. Next year you should be able to build on what you did and make the big breakout! :)

Specklebelly
11-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Highschoolfan78
The loser of Yoakum or Luling will bea good team left at home. Luling plays with alot of heart and Yoakum has good talent.

Luling is the only team to get beat by Columbus. They dont deserve to go to the playoffs.

texasjeremy
11-04-2004, 08:32 PM
Carthage, preseason #8 team in the state will likely finish #4 in their 5 team district. That district is brutal.

Black_Magic
11-05-2004, 10:59 AM
tonight either Sweetwater or Merkels season will end. two teams that are really good.