PDA

View Full Version : When did this start?

BullFrog Dad
11-04-2004, 12:17 PM
I've noticed for several years now that most HS football teams have female trainers. When I played in the 70's you never saw it. Back then it was usually a kid who wasn't big enough to play but wanted to be part of the team.

handNthedirt
11-04-2004, 12:19 PM
Not sure, but when I was playing, it sure was nice having a couple of them around when we were on "lock-down" during two-a-days!:inlove:

jason
11-04-2004, 12:22 PM
we had an all female training staff for our basketball team...one of them was a cutie, hehe, and she always knew how to rub out a cramp...:D :D :D

mustang04
11-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by jason
we had an all female training staff for our basketball team...one of them was a cutie, hehe, and she always knew how to rub out a cramp...:D :D :D

haha...one time i pulled a groin muscle and i was about to have a girl trainer rub it down, BUT the head trainer came in and insisted that he do it....i was so upset

IHStangFan
11-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by jason
we had an all female training staff for our basketball team...one of them was a cutie, hehe, and she always knew how to rub out a cramp...:D :D :D ?? what...cram a mustard pack down your throat..give you a shot of water and say "shake it off...shake it off" :D

TheDOCTORdre
11-04-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
haha...one time i pulled a groin muscle and i was about to have a girl trainer rub it down, BUT the head trainer came in and insisted that he do it....i was so upset

I thought it was you who insisted that the head traiiner rub it down for you

onfirebball05mustang
11-04-2004, 01:22 PM
ouch..:D

we never had girls as football trainers...we've had guy volleyball trainers and a girl baseball trainer...but thats about it

LogieJoeBean001
11-04-2004, 01:34 PM
I'm not sure either, but my daughter is a trainer! Maybe when they started letting GIRLS play FOOTBALL!! You go girls!! Status-quo is hopefully dead!

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by onfirebball05mustang
ouch..:D

we never had girls as football trainers...we've had guy volleyball trainers and a girl baseball trainer...but thats about it if the girls on the team were hot enough, i would have considered being a trainer for the volleyball team, and provided it wasnt during football season

Underwater Basketweaver
11-04-2004, 02:13 PM
If you were the head trainer, would you want the kids who weren't good enough or smart enough to play football, helping you take care of the medical needs of your athletes. We use girls because they are the ones that want to do it. In my experience they are more dependable, and generally speaking are there because they really love football and other sports for that matter. The boys tend to want to be there to throw the ball around and goof off with their buddies at practice, not getting things done. Not all boys are this way, but this is a high percentage of the cases. Boys also have a serious concentration problem when it comes to taking care of the female athletes that isn't as big of a problem the other way around.

Bandera YaYa
11-04-2004, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
[B]If you were the head trainer, would you want the kids who weren't good enough or smart enough to play football, helping you take care of the medical needs of your athletes.Never knew IQ was a requirement to play football...................... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p
In fact, I know it's not!!!!!! :D

AP Panther Fan
11-04-2004, 02:20 PM
Wooo Hooo, Underwater ... very well said and extremely accurate, I would guess!:eek: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LogieJoeBean001
11-04-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
If you were the head trainer, would you want the kids who weren't good enough or smart enough to play football, helping you take care of the medical needs of your athletes. We use girls because they are the ones that want to do it. In my experience they are more dependable, and generally speaking are there because they really love football and other sports for that matter. The boys tend to want to be there to throw the ball around and goof off with their buddies at practice, not getting things done. Not all boys are this way, but this is a high percentage of the cases. Boys also have a serious concentration problem when it comes to taking care of the female athletes that isn't as big of a problem the other way around.

I agree with you. I was going to say in my original post about girls just naturally being more nurturing, caring and attentive to details, but figured I'd get blasted for it. You're also right about the "wanting to" part. My daughter really wanted to do this and loves it so much. I know she's probably tired of Mom and younger brother calling on her now for all our aches and pains, lol!

AP Panther Fan
11-04-2004, 02:32 PM
We used to have a female (adult) trainer that was loved by everyone and then she was replaced by a male (adult) trainer. The new trainer spends more time watching the game than taking care of injuries on the sideline. Really has quite a few parents upset.:flamingma :flamingma

RiverRat19
11-04-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
?? what...cram a mustard pack down your throat..give you a shot of water and say "shake it off...shake it off" :D

The trainer where I played was our HC's father who was semi-retired and very old school. His favorite treatment and best advice was "Rub some dirt on it." Not too many female trainers (professionals, not the student assistants) will give you that quality prescription.

PPHSfan
11-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Underwater Basketweaver
[B]If you were the head trainer, would you want the kids who weren't good enough or smart enough to play football, helping you take care of the medical needs of your athletes.Never knew IQ was a requirement to play football...................... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p
In fact, I know it's not!!!!!! :D

Football IQ is a must. Kids that don't know how to play the game, or what assignments mean, stand no chance of being a productive player.

Underwater Basketweaver
11-04-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
Football IQ is a must. Kids that don't know how to play the game, or what assignments mean, stand no chance of being a productive player.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Well, actually I could have, but this will suffice.

AP Panther Fan
11-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Not only that.....no pass, no play!:(

CHSBaseball07
11-04-2004, 07:06 PM
funny