PDA

View Full Version : Whats more essential a QB or a RB?

tmac
11-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Would you rather have a Chandler Dane Of Decatur OR a Purvey of Gainsville.

D-Town
11-04-2004, 10:24 AM
Chandler Dane of course having a leader on your team like that makes a big difference

IHStangFan
11-04-2004, 10:25 AM
a QB all day long....we've had kick arse running backs in the past...and were only a mediocre team at BEST.....give us one decent QB and we're playoff bound.

tmac
11-04-2004, 10:26 AM
You got a point but if the defense can narrow it down to just stopping on player because thats all u have a QB you won't win very many games that year

IHStangFan
11-04-2004, 10:36 AM
very true...i remember a handful of years ago.... George West had a great little QB by the name of Thomas Ham....but thats ALL they had....and they werent that good....HE was good...but the team was horrible.

handNthedirt
11-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Dane or Purvey? Are you kidding me?.....Dane in a heartbeat! You know he'll be there after the 1st 6 weeks!!!

IHStangFan
11-04-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
Dane or Purvey? Are you kidding me?.....Dane in a heartbeat! You know he'll be there after the 1st 6 weeks!!! LOL!!! DAMN!!

bullfrog_alumni_02
11-04-2004, 10:39 AM
qb...they are more essential to the success of a team. thats like asking would you rather have one good lineman who can only blockor have that player at full back so he can block and run the ball.

tmac
11-04-2004, 10:42 AM
To tell u the truth i'd rather have a RB instead of a QB the reason being the RB will take the pressure of the QB. And when that happens anybody should be able to step up and do some great thangs at the QB Position.

AP Panther Fan
11-04-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
You know he'll be there after the 1st 6 weeks!!!

Good point, grades are so important. We have had players (I mean really good players) that end up having to sit out because they can't keep their grades up! Coaches probably give that fact alot of consideration, especially in the case of choosing a quarterback.:thinking:

tmac
11-04-2004, 10:47 AM
Then here is another Question a smart average player or a dumb excellent player. Till tomorow I'll holla

handNthedirt
11-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
.....have had players (I mean really good players) that end up having to sit out because they can't keep their grades up! Coaches probably give that fact alot of consideration, especially in the case of choosing a quarterback.:thinking:

We definately do.

AP Panther Fan
11-04-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by tmac
Then here is another Question a smart average player or a dumb excellent player. Till tomorow I'll holla

I would think you need a good mix of both! I bet, once again, that a coach has to motivate the smart, average player to be more agressive and assertive....while he has to encourage the "not so smart" excellent player to focus on his grades, go to tutorials etc....

If a coach can accomplish both of these things, then he has the makings of a good team. :thumbsup:

If I HAD to choose though....I would take the smart, average player. Probably easier to make him better than get someone to pass Pre-Calculus and Chemistry.:D

jason
11-04-2004, 11:06 AM
Then here is another Question a smart average player or a dumb excellent player. Till tomorow I'll holla an excellent player sitting in the stands is useless...

rhs78
11-04-2004, 11:06 AM
runnig back-any one can hand the ball to the running back?????

IHStangFan
11-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by rhs78
runnig back-any one can hand the ball to the running back????? you must watch a team that primarily runs the ball...a QB in a more balanced offense is VERY important..he has to be quick, he has to be able to think and make split second decisions, he has to be able to feel when the pocket it closing..etc. etc. etc.

big daddy russ
11-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Smart, average player at QB. Dumb, excellent player at RB.

I'd rather have a running back and I'll give you three reasons why. Gainesville, Everman, and Bandera. That McCoy kid out of Tuscola Jim Ned had a decent RB last year, but nothing spectacular. Now he was spectacular, but he still couldn't get past San Augustine.

I want that smash-mouth, 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers/2000 Baltimore Ravens/1997-98 Denver Broncos/Late-80's NY Giants/1985 Chicago Bears type-teams. Much easier to go all the way with a strong running attack (which keeps your defense off the field longer) than a strong passing game.