PDA

View Full Version : 3A Play-Off Matchups and Projections

jason
11-04-2004, 09:03 AM
if you cant appreciate it, then find them yourselves

IHStangFan
11-04-2004, 09:07 AM
in the Div II set brackets....i dont understand how Ingleside and Goliad can be "set" already, they are playing each other Friday for 2nd and 3rd spots in their district. so it is not determined which is the Runner-Up as of yet...therefore they cannot be set....right? someone correct me if i'm mistaken. thanks for the brackets jason, so some of us can get some sorta idea what the playoff pic is starting to look like. :clap:

andy_dufresne
11-04-2004, 09:25 AM
Exactly, Jasper and K'ville aren't set either. Depending on if Silsbee beats Jasper like they should then the 'dogs could be playing Diboll in the first rd.

LH Panther Mom
11-04-2004, 09:31 AM
From what I understood from a few days ago, the 1st & 2nd seed slots for those yet TBD districts are not set, only that the two teams are set for D2.

southern_thunder
11-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Cant put too much credibility in these predictions when they have Navasota in the divII brackets and they are the biggest school in their district.

Balboa
11-04-2004, 09:39 AM
navasota is big school and altair rice is small school

coiled2strike
11-04-2004, 09:46 AM
rice consol cannot be the DI representative from that district

jason
11-04-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by southern_thunder
Cant put too much credibility in these predictions when they have Navasota in the divII brackets and they are the biggest school in their district. they're plenty credible...this is just the first go around, mistakes will be fixed....the guy who does this is one of the most credible in the state...

chugbug
11-04-2004, 09:54 AM
Jason, Rice Consolidated will be divison II . They are the smallest school in their district.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :hairpunk:

LogieJoeBean001
11-04-2004, 10:02 AM
I'm right along in there with the rest of you guys. Wharton/Yoakum cannot be set because Yoakum still has to beat Luling tomorrow night. This is lame!

jason
11-04-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
I'm right along in there with the rest of you guys. Wharton/Yoakum cannot be set because Yoakum still has to beat Luling tomorrow night. This is lame! that matchup is set in the projections, meaning thats how he thinks it will turn out...i thought you were disowning the dl or something...

if its so lame, then do them all yourself...

southern_thunder
11-04-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by jason
they're plenty credible...this is just the first go around, mistakes will be fixed....the guy who does this is one of the most credible in the state...

If he is that good then he should have known that Navasota is the big school.:D

spiveyrat
11-04-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by andy_dufresne
Exactly, Jasper and K'ville aren't set either. Depending on if Silsbee beats Jasper like they should then the 'dogs could be playing Diboll in the first rd.

"...like they should." (?) Gheez, have one bad night and now Jasper is everyone's whipping boy.

Even so, I won't be too upset if we lose to Silsbee this week if the coaches decide to hold out or limit playing time for some of our talent to keep us healthy for the playoffs.

TexasHSFootball
11-04-2004, 12:38 PM
ugh.. i knew something didnt look right.. it still didnt change the outcome. Navasota and Rice Consolidated are fixed into their proper slots. any other errors, let me know at staff@texashsfootball.com

and these are not set match ups, just projections. ;)

IHStangFan
11-04-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball
ugh.. i knew something didnt look right.. it still didnt change the outcome. Navasota and Rice Consolidated are fixed into their proper slots. any other errors, let me know at staff@texashsfootball.com

and these are not set match ups, just projections. ;) hey thanks THSF, keep up the good work

Keith7
11-04-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by TexasHSFootball

and these are not set match ups, just projections. ;)

my advice, dont make projections or predictions.. people from towns get mad at you for knocking them out in the 3rd round, which by most peoples standards is a great season.. I know ALOT of teams that would die to make it that far, and some that would die just to make it into the playoffs (whitesboro).. So unless you have some sort of number system people will call you an idiot and pathetic for making projections/predictions.. or maybe thats just P.I. posters

RiverRat19
11-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Try this one on for size:

http://www.texasfootballratings.com/3APlayoffifseasonendedtoday.html

Both divisions are bracketed out with predictions. I really like this site and it seems that the rankings are pretty accurate. Every once-in-a-while they will be off but by the end of the year after the bugs are worked out they are usually correct (~80%) with game preditions. 3A and 5A have been somewhat off this year but 4A, 2A and A have been really close.

Rabbit'93
11-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by jason
if you cant appreciate it, then find them yourselves
Wow jason...I didn't think you ever got your feathers ruffled.:confused:

jason
11-04-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Wow jason...I didn't think you ever got your feathers ruffled.:confused: well if i had made the mistakes, etc, it wouldnt have got to me...but they were disrespecting somebody on a lot higher level than themselves...

K-ville BBAll 20
11-04-2004, 03:09 PM
What is the name of Rusk's mascot.

Port_town_texas
11-05-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by K-ville BBAll 20
What is the name of Rusk's mascot. Eagles.