PDA

View Full Version : Region I Playoff Talk

Matthew328
11-03-2004, 02:10 PM
1-3A: This one looks set....Canyon will be Div 1 with Perryton as top D2 seed...Borger should win this week and lock up the second D2 seed...

2-3A: Cooper will be top seed in D2 with Muleshoe getting second seed.....Levelland will finish 3rd and be the Div 1 team....

3-3A: lots still up in the air here....Ft Stockton, Seminole and Greenwood all are 3-1 with Monahans at 2-2...Monahans and Greenwood play this week....FSHS and SHS should win and go to 4-1....winner of Greenwood and Monahans is in....If Greenwood wins and makes it a 3 way tie at 4-1....then Greenwood will be top seed in D2 with Seminole as #2 seed in D2 with Ft Stockton going D1.....if Monahans wins then Seminole is top seed in D2 and Monahans in second seed in D2....if Seminole or Ft Stockton lose this week...all hell breaks loose and we won't likely know til Saturday...

4-3A: Snyder is 3-1, Wylie and Sweetwater are 2-1...barring either of these 2 getting upset then those are the 3 playoff teams....Wylie will be D1....Sweetwater will be top seed in D2 by virtue of their win over Snyder and Snyder will be second seed in D2.....

5-3A: We know Graham is D1....Vernon and Iowa Park at the moment are 2-1....Vernon with a win over 1-2 Breckenridge this week is in as the top seed in D2...if they lose and IP wins they are out and IP is top seed in D2 and Breckenridge gets 2nd seed in D2....if Vernon loses and IP losses you have a 3 way tie at 2-2 for 3 spots and it comes down to positive negative points....

6-3A: Gainesville is in as the D1 team...Pilot Point and Bowie are in also...PP is top seed in D2 with Bowie as #2 seed....

7-3A: Decatur is in as the D1 team....Lake Worth, Little Elm, Castleberry, Bridgeport are all tied at 2-2...Bridgeport is pretty ,much in as they play 0-4 Ranchview this week...Lake Worth is in trouble as they have Decatur this week and likley will fall to 2-3 and fall out...the winner of the Little Elm-Castleberry game is in...

8-3A: Glen Rose is in as top seed in D2....Comanche will be second seed in D2 with West being the D1 team....

Projected Brackets

Div 1
Canyon vs Levelland
Fort Stockton vs Abilene Wylie
Graham vs Gainesville
Decatur vs West

Div 2

Perryton vs Muleshoe
Sweetwater vs Seminole
Vernon vs Bowie
Bridgeport vs Comanche
Borger vs Lubbock Cooper
Midland Greenwood vs Snyder
Iowa Park vs Pilot Point
Little Elm vs Glen Rose

Bubba-Joe
11-03-2004, 02:25 PM
Division II Round One
matchups according to your selections:

Perryton vs Muleshoe = Perryton advance

Greenwood vs. Snyder = toss up

Vernon vs. Bowie = Vernon

Bridgeport vs. Comanche = Bridgeport
------------------------------------------------
Borger vs. Cooper = Cooper

Seminole vs. Sweetwater = Sweetwater

Iowa Park vs. Pilot Point = toss up

Little Elm vs Glen Rose = Glen Rose

--------------------------------------------------

Matthew328
11-03-2004, 02:33 PM
I'd take:

Perryton
Snyder
Vernon
Bridgeport
Lubb Cooper
Sweetwater
Pilot Point (just to piss the IP people off) LOL
Glen Rose

Div 1:

Canyon
Wylie
Graham
Decatur

Bubba-Joe
11-03-2004, 02:55 PM
DI Round 2 matchups

Canyon vs Wylie = Canyon

Gainesville vs. Decatur = Decatur

Round 3
Upset pick by Bubba Joe

Canyon over Decatur

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-04-2004, 12:13 AM
It would be neat to see a IP and vernon rematch for Region I championship in Wichita Falls.

TheDOCTORdre
11-04-2004, 12:16 AM
I think Sweetwater Snyder rematch would be a good rematch for the regional champioship

TheDOCTORdre
11-04-2004, 12:18 AM
I dont know if the Board could handle all the talk before the game if Swater and Snyder met again

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-04-2004, 12:19 AM
That would also be a good one.

mustang04
11-04-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I think Sweetwater Snyder rematch would be a good rematch for the regional champioship

amen Doc

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-04-2004, 12:26 AM
I would also like to see a Vernon/sweetwater matchup.

mustang04
11-04-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Z motion 10 out on 2
I would also like to see a Vernon/sweetwater matchup.

that would be justice!

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Sweetwater has more than the Lions can handle this year. But it would still be a good game to add to the new rivalry.

mustang04
11-04-2004, 12:33 AM
amen Z...i still dream about that game last year..i have hardly ever been that heartbroken in my life:(

Keith7
11-04-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Pilot Point and Bowie are in also...PP is top seed in D2 with Bowie as #2 seed....

When Pilot Point loses to Sanger this week and Gainesville beats Bowie, that will put them in a 3-way tie, and the cheerleaders will then mud wrestle to break the tie, and Sanger has some very good mud wrestling cheerleaders, so your 6-3A comments might be wrong

TheDOCTORdre
11-04-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
amen Z...i still dream about that game last year..i have hardly ever been that heartbroken in my life:(
I think everyone on our team will never forgot that game 6-3 was a tough pill to swallow

mustang04
11-04-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I think everyone on our team will never forgot that game 6-3 was a tough pill to swallow

never was swallowed....:weeping:

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-04-2004, 10:07 AM
It was a great game played by two very good teams. Both teams has some awesome defense.

I know the feeling as my son felt the same way after Atlanta. In fact, I know that he called the coach the next day and told him that he was sorry that he didn't play better and he felt like the loss was his fault. Although it wasn't he just felt like he should have done more. I'm sure the Sweetwater players felt teh same way. It is hard to end and for most of those seniors it was the last football game of their life.

But the memories will last forever.

VWG
11-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Graham will have to dig deep to win their game against Gainesville.
One of their best players goes down with a knee injury, and they've lost their QB to grades.