PDA

View Full Version : Jasper's 1st Round Game?

kepdawg
11-03-2004, 01:41 PM
I know it's early and I'm not overlooking Silsbee, but does anyone have any ideas on the date and site of Jasper's 1st round game? Hopefully it will be on Saturday!

andy_dufresne
11-03-2004, 01:50 PM
If it's Diboll vs. Jasper it'll be at Abe Martin in Lufkin on Friday. I'm not sure if that means Jasper beats Silsbee or if that game has much bearing on their bi-district game.

Do you know?

Hupernikomen
11-03-2004, 02:19 PM
I wish someone could tell us exactly what happens with Jasper's first round game if they win and it is a 3-way tie for 1st. Be all know that Jasper and Kirbyville are both D-II but who is the runner-up seed if there is a tie? Does anyone know what tie-breaker they will use?

andy_dufresne
11-03-2004, 02:23 PM
Like I brought up in a previous post I heard that 22-3A has some kinda wierd rule that they still go to a coin flip if there's a tie like there could be if Jasper beats Silsbee. No point spread like the other districts.

southern_thunder
11-03-2004, 02:35 PM
Jasper will be playing in Lufkin next Friday reguardless of who they play Diboll or Rusk or Crockett.

andy_dufresne
11-03-2004, 02:48 PM
Well there ya go. That's the bottom line.

Junkyard
11-03-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by andy_dufresne
Like I brought up in a previous post I heard that 22-3A has some kinda wierd rule that they still go to a coin flip if there's a tie like there could be if Jasper beats Silsbee. No point spread like the other districts.

No the coin flip only comes into play if Jasper beats Silsbee by 16 or more that will make all three teams at an even 0 for the points spread spread.

and it is not a weird rule LOL it is what you do when the points are even

andy_dufresne
11-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Sorry just what I heard.

Junkyard
11-03-2004, 03:00 PM
Sorry just what I heard.

No problem just trying to help get this all straight.:D

andy_dufresne
11-03-2004, 03:04 PM
BTW I know you've proly talked about it on other posts, but is Paton supposed to be back by bi-district?

Junkyard
11-03-2004, 03:06 PM
I dont know anything about that.:(

mistanice
11-03-2004, 03:29 PM
I thought i read somewhere that he would not play this friday, but i dont know about next week.

spiveyrat
11-03-2004, 03:36 PM
BTW I know you've proly talked about it on other posts, but is Paton supposed to be back by bi-district?

I think he is supposed to be back in time for the playoffs.

j_dog
11-03-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
I thought i read somewhere that he would not play this friday, but i dont know about next week.
We will do our very best to have him ready for you. :) Wouldn't want you to miss seeing him! :)

easttexan1
11-03-2004, 04:32 PM
The Jasper Newsboy says that Jasper has set the sites for both possibilities, dependent upon the results of the game or the coin flip, which ever applies. The Division II top seed will play the winner of the Crockett-Rusk, 21-3a game, the second seed will play 21-3a Division II top seed, Diboll. They say the game will be played in Lufkin on either Friday the 11th or Saturday the 12th depending on the game outcome or the coin flips the Friday night.

Bulldog_12
11-03-2004, 05:24 PM
Yeah, the opponent isn't set in stone as of now. We will have to wait until friday to see if Jasper wins by 16 and holds onto the chance of going into playoffs with a possible first seed. They would then play either Crocket or Rusk. And I also believe that Patton should be back as of next week. But that is purely speculation at this point.

kepdawg
11-03-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by easttexan1
The Jasper Newsboy says that Jasper has set the sites for both possibilities, dependent upon the results of the game or the coin flip, which ever applies. The Division II top seed will play the winner of the Crockett-Rusk, 21-3a game, the second seed will play 21-3a Division II top seed, Diboll. They say the game will be played in Lufkin on either Friday the 11th or Saturday the 12th depending on the game outcome or the coin flips the Friday night.

Friday is the 12th and Saturday is the 13th

I sure hope it ends up on Saturday! I'm not making the drive if it's on Friday.

kepdawg
11-03-2004, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by southern_thunder
Jasper will be playing in Lufkin next Friday reguardless of who they play Diboll or Rusk or Crockett.

southern_thunder - tell them to play it on Saturday! I want to go to the game!

whatusay2
11-04-2004, 12:15 AM
For some reason, all three teams scare me. Diboll because we barely escaped them last year and they still have Finley. Crockett and Rusk because I can't recall us ever playing them (fear of the unknown). I think we could have a tendency to overlook all 3.

j_dog
11-04-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by whatusay2
For some reason, all three teams scare me. Diboll because we barely escaped them last year and they still have Finley. Crockett and Rusk because I can't recall us ever playing them (fear of the unknown). I think we could have a tendency to overlook all 3.
Diboll scares me the most. They showed last year that they have figured out how to play against Jasper and that they have the players to do it. And I suspect that Diboll fans are just licking their chops hoping for another shot at the Dogs! :( But, it can cut both ways. Jasper knows how to play them also! :) I doubt that Jasper would be taking them lightly.

And Jasper has played Crockett and Rusk, but most people on this board probably were not alive then! :D