PDA

View Full Version : Most Courageous Playoff Performance?

Bullaholic
11-02-2004, 08:34 PM
What's the most courageous, not necessarily the best, performance you ever saw a player make in a game? One of the most memorable that comes to my mind was in the 98' or 99' 2nd round playoff game between Bridgeport and Crane. Crane had a really talented kid playing running back who literally carried the ball nearly every down. Crane's last drive finally stalled on the Bull 7 or so, as the gun went off. This kid remained laid out on the field exhausted and disappointed. What a heroic effort.

Bulldog_12
11-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Heres the most courageous thing I have ever seen. Last year, my best friend was a starting guard on our offensive line. Early in the year he tore his ACL and was out for a few weeks. He soon came back with a knee brace and multiple doctor visits and played up until we played Manor. During the first half of that game he tore his other ACL. We ended up winning the game and moving on to the Semis to face Burnet. He was a part of the team the year before when we got upset by Burnet the first time. He had a knee brace sent express and refused to sit out during the game because he wanted to win sooo badly. He went against what everyone else thought he should do and went out with major bravery and performed to the best of his ability. When we lost I felt really bad for him because he put sooo much on the line to try and get the win and we ended up losing. That is the best thing Ive seen.

Bullaholic
11-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog_12
Heres the most courageous thing I have ever seen. Last year, my best friend was a starting guard on our offensive line. Early in the year he tore his ACL and was out for a few weeks. He soon came back with a knee brace and multiple doctor visits and played up until we played Manor. During the first half of that game he tore his other ACL. We ended up winning the game and moving on to the Semis to face Burnet. He was a part of the team the year before when we got upset by Burnet the first time. He had a knee brace sent express and refused to sit out during the game because he wanted to win sooo badly. He went against what everyone else thought he should do and went out with major bravery and performed to the best of his ability. When we lost I felt really bad for him because he put sooo much on the line to try and get the win and we ended up losing. That is the best thing Ive seen.

Bulldog, that was really great, but I sure wish you young guys will take care not to let your hearts overrule your heads when you are injured. Playing a little hurt when you team really needs you might be o.k., sometimes, but remember some of you high school guys may have a lot of playing time ahead of you....so be very careful and listen to your coaches and trainers when you think you are hurt.

Tidal Wave
11-02-2004, 09:41 PM
Most Courageous playoff performance is Altair Rice Raiders as whole vs Port Isabel as a whole

63-61 4OT in PI's favor

Old Tiger
11-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Jordan Shipley against Jasper 2 years ago. Put up 225 recieving yards(197 or so of them in the first half).

lobo12
11-02-2004, 09:46 PM
do you remember the name of the running back for crane that year. if its Harold Jefferies then he was a sophomore that year

Bullaholic
11-02-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
do you remember the name of the running back for crane that year. if its Harold Jefferies then he was a sophomore that year

That was the player! Thanks. He gave the performance of a lifetime that night, as did the entire Crane team. I may be wrong on that playoff year, also.

Keith7
11-02-2004, 09:51 PM
I played a half w/ a punctured Kidney, but it was in pre-district.. thats couragous!!! :D

lobo12
11-02-2004, 09:55 PM
he was a sophomore in 99 im pretty sure, and he led them to a couple of runs the next two years as well

Flourhead
11-02-2004, 10:01 PM
i played my entire 7th grade season with a broken arm that had plates and screws in it

Keith7
11-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead
i played my entire 7th grade season with a broken arm that had plates and screws in it

that doesnt make you pee blood though..

your not courageous unless you pee blood

Bullaholic
11-02-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
that doesnt make you pee blood though..

your not courageous unless you pee blood

I know several elderly men who are very courageous then, Keith.

Keith7
11-02-2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
I know several elderly men who are very courageous then, Keith.

lol... :)

Bullaholic
11-02-2004, 10:12 PM
While probably not falling into the true "courageous" category, I remember reading a story about a very admirable gesture by a team a few years ago. It seems this team had a young man who had some special problems and came to practice every day to help out. The teams stopped one of their games, put this special young man in, gave him the ball, and let him run for a touchdown. The more I think about it---that is "courageous".

CheerMom
11-02-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Tidal Wave
Most Courageous playoff performance is Altair Rice Raiders as whole vs Port Isabel as a whole

63-61 4OT in PI's favor

I agree!!!

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

Bulldog_12
11-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Wow Bull, that is awesome. I find that really good because my brother is special and it always makes me happy to hear stories like this. God bless the teams that did that. That makes my day.

Bandera YaYa
11-02-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Flourhead
i played my entire 7th grade season with a broken arm that had plates and screws in it Yep.....that just confirms you are CRAZY!!!!!! :rolleyes: