PDA

View Full Version : Bullaholic's & IHStangFan's Football Playoffs Greatest Hits Collection

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Bull and i were talking about what kinda CDs would be burn if we were making a "football playoff" cd.....here are a few things we have come up w/ so far...feel free to add to this guys!! lets mix this up!! MORE COWBELL!!

of course you have all the "classics" from all the football movies such as:

Thunderstruck by AC/DC
Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress) by The Hollies
and so on......but you gotta mix it up w/ some stuff to strut to, some stuff to take heads off to....some stuff to endzone dance to.....yall get where Bull and I are going w/ this??

how bout:

*What'd I Say by Ray Charles: because its a "yeah, i KNOW i'm THAT good thing..

*Green Onions by Booker T and the MGs: because it has no words and just SCREAMS "i'm fixin to whoop your arse"

*Snap Your Fingers by Prong: nothing says "head hunter" better than this song!

*Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones: this one is to get you hyped coming onto the field

*Spinning Wheels by (i can't remember...call it a brain fart): because it has COWBELL!!

more to come....

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 03:11 PM
ya know....i was thinkin...ya might have to throw one in there for shock effect....just WAY off base from the norm....but something w/ class that also says "yeah, we are overflowing w/ confidence"....for that i choose...just something about that song that makes me strut.

"Ain't That A Kick In The Head" by Dean Martin

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 03:18 PM
here's one for you guys on the D.....

*Damage Inc. by Metallica: this one just popped into my head when i was thinking of wrecking crew type of D's

Bullaholic
11-02-2004, 03:41 PM
A few more "inspirationals":

"When the Devil Went Down To Georgia"- Charlie Daniels
"Start Me Up"- Rolling Stones
"Only Road I've Ever Known"- Whitesnake
"Danger Zone"- Top Gun Sound Track
"Ghost Riders In the Sky"- Johnny Cash

and of course, for Bulls fans---"Rawhide" by Frankie Lane

big daddy russ
11-02-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
...MORE COWBELL!!...
You can't leave out the "Don't Fear the Reaper" remix by grandmaster Will.

pirate4state
11-02-2004, 04:04 PM
Well, you gotta throw in some DMX, Tupac & Dr. Dre, some Zepplin, Def Leppard, Bryan Adams, Metallica, GNR, Bon Jovi, CCR, Foo Fighters, Linkin Park, Smashing Pumpkins, Go-Go's "We got the Beat" for the band geeks :D and so many more. I'll get back to you w/ song titles. hee-hee

pirate4state
11-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress) by The Hollies
Awesome song!! I love when the song starts to play in Remember the Titans :clap: :D

Man, I'm supposed to go home and bake some cookies, but now I want to burn CD's. :doh: :D

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Awesome song!! I love when the song starts to play in Remember the Titans :clap: :D

Man, I'm supposed to go home and bake some cookies, but now I want to burn CD's. :doh: :D LOL...i was thinking the same thing P4S...i wanna burn CDs..but unfortunately THAT computer is down and out right now....i need to get it up and running tonight.

how could we forget....silly..but still good...

*Jump Around by House Of Pain

*and i know me PERSONALLY.....most ANYTHING by Junior Brown gets me goin....i can just tap my foot and rock to most anything hes ever done....

*Freeborn Man by Junior Brown

*I Hung It Up by Junior Brown

IHStangFan
11-02-2004, 04:27 PM
i'm just gonna post them as they come to me.....

*Got My Mojo Working by Rory Gallagher

*Sweet Emotion by Aerosmith

*Good Times, Bad Times by Led Zeppelin

*Great White Buffalo by Ted Nugent

TheDOCTORdre
11-02-2004, 05:22 PM
Everyone needs at least one song by Doctor Dre on a Greatest Hits collection:D

big daddy russ
11-02-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Well, you gotta throw in some...Bryan Adams...
Bryan Adams?:tongue:
You know, P4S, I had this great impression of you from the posts on here and from when I met you the other day. That impression is gone.:D :D :D

...*Great White Buffalo by Ted Nugent
+1

Bullaholic
11-02-2004, 07:50 PM
Another way of interpreting the original thread on this post would be----What music do you play when you need to get inspired?

Ranger Mom
11-02-2004, 07:52 PM
Trapt - Headstrong

Keith7
11-02-2004, 07:54 PM
any thing by Ashlee Simpson :inlove:

Bullaholic
11-02-2004, 07:55 PM
RM, you have got to be hyperactive......busy on the boards, have watched nearly every movie ever made, listen to practically all music ever written, ride herd on 5 kids, and hold down a job-----WHEW!

sinton66
11-02-2004, 08:02 PM
I can't believe you Sinton and Ingleside people listened to it several times last Friday, and none of you listed "Hell's Bells".

Ranger Mom
11-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
RM, you have got to be hyperactive......busy on the boards, have watched nearly every movie ever made, listen to practically all music ever written, ride herd on 5 kids, and hold down a job-----WHEW!

and probably read 2-3 books a week!!

Notice anything missing in that list???

SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bullaholic
11-02-2004, 09:07 PM
Probably shouldn't be included on the "Greatest Hits" list, but are really inspiring pieces of music (young guys---plug your ears).

"Ride of the Vakyries" by Wagner
Beethoven's 9th Symphony

IHStangFan
11-03-2004, 08:41 AM
Who Was In My Room Last Night by The Butthole Surfers

(what kinda name is that for a band?? LOL)

pirate4state
11-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Bryan Adams?:tongue:
You know, P4S, I had this great impression of you from the posts on here and from when I met you the other day. That impression is gone.:D :D :D :weeping: :tongue: :D I'm talking about "Summer of 69" and "Kids wanna Rock" not his sappy love songs (although I like those too, but not for football)!! Give me a little credit! :D

IHStangFan
11-03-2004, 02:41 PM
*The Authority Song by John Mellencamp

*Go Daddy-O by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (if you like upbeat swing)

*For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica

*I Feel Good by James Brown

*Commotion by CCR

*Tomahawk Chop by FSU Marching Band

*Jet Airliner by The Steve Miller Band

*Call Me The Breeze by Lynyrd Skynyrd

IHStangFan
11-03-2004, 02:43 PM
*Sabatoge by The Beastie Boys

*Whatcha Want by The Beastie Boys

gotta dig the Beastie Boys!

IHStangFan
11-03-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
any thing by Ashlee Simpson :inlove: LOL....dont forget Milli Vanilli

Bandera YaYa
11-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
RM, you have got to be hyperactive......busy on the boards, have watched nearly every movie ever made, listen to practically all music ever written, ride herd on 5 kids, and hold down a job-----WHEW! No, it's called "W-O-M-A-N"........duh????? :rolleyes: :D

Bandera YaYa
11-03-2004, 03:34 PM
LOL....dont forget Milli Vanilli LOL !!!!!! :p

GOFOR2
11-03-2004, 03:38 PM
what about
"on the road again" Willie Nelson

Ranger05
11-03-2004, 04:09 PM
hell bells anything ac/dc rollin limp bizkit. when i heard ac/dc playin before game and i was the visiting team i always knew i was about to get hit hard. if u wanna get pumped up before a game just listen ac/dc

District303aPastPlayer
11-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
when i heard ac/dc playin before game and i was the visiting team i always knew i was about to get hit hard.

understatement of the year. . .

Bullaholic
11-03-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
No, it's called "W-O-M-A-N"........duh????? :rolleyes: :D

You won't get an argument from me on that, Ya Ya.....you gals work circles around us guys-------with the proper guidance, of course.:D

pero chato
11-03-2004, 05:05 PM

*Spinning Wheels by (i can't remember...call it a brain fart): because it has COWBELL!!

more to come.... [/B]

Spinning Wheel is by Blood Sweat and Tears. The group's name applies more to football than the song, except of course, for the cowbell!

Bullaholic
11-03-2004, 05:14 PM
A couple more:

"Born to be Wild"- Steppin' Wolf
"Pride and Joy"- SRV
"One Way or Another"- Blondie (Not Sure of this title name)

AggieJohn
11-03-2004, 06:01 PM
what about DUHAST by rammstein

IHStangFan
11-04-2004, 08:52 AM
OH yeah....SRV....there are plenty of songs he did that would fit on this CD just fine.

*Welcome To The Jungle by Guns N Roses

*Rusty Cage by Soundgarden