PDA

View Full Version : Coach Stumbaugh and Port Isabel

Gobbla2001
10-16-2002, 08:20 PM
Hey PI fans/players or whatever... Are ya'll happy with Stumbaugh???

footballgal
10-16-2002, 09:26 PM
Gobbla2001:
Hey PI fans/players or whatever... Are ya'll happy with Stumbaugh???I for one am very happy :D to have Coach Stumbaugh as the PI coach. Despite popular belief it's not just talent that helps you win games it's a combination of different things and one big factor is a Good Coach and Coach Stumbaugh is definitely one. Even Coach Burch who came from a loosing record program, he has made the defense . even more aggressive. The kids are working well to both of them, and it is showing. They are playin' some good Footbaugh right now! wink

BTW I read somewhere that Def. Coach Burch is a graduate from Cuero HS, can you verify that Gobbla?

<small>[ October 16, 2002, 09:32 PM: Message edited by: footballgal ]</small>

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-16-2002, 09:41 PM
Gobbla2001:
Hey PI fans/players or whatever... Are ya'll happy with Stumbaugh???Port Isabel's football program is back from the dead now, thanks to Coach Monty. I didn't know Birchum was a Cuero grad???? I just wish Monty would talk to me a bit more......he wasn't real talkative when I spoke with him.......maybe it was because I introduced myself as a 1994 member of the Tarpons???

But Gobbla........what did you mean by that question? You hatin' on us?

<small>[ October 16, 2002, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: TarponFanInNorthTexas ]</small>

Gobbla2001
10-16-2002, 10:00 PM
Not hating at all, I'm just jealous... He left after I graduated so I still wouldn't be around him anyway, but he was my favorite coaches out of a bus load of them, I love that guy to death, just making sure you guys down there appriciate this guy... He's the best...

Kool Tarpon 21
10-16-2002, 10:14 PM
Hey Gobbla, like you once did, we all here love him to death too. He is a very good coach and I am glad he's coaching me. I have him for one more year. I know I'm gonna miss him. Don't worry, all of the athletes here like him too. He's like one of the best coaches P.I. has ever had. I understand why you would be jealous. I'm just glad that I'm going to be coached by him 3 years.

Gobbla2001
10-16-2002, 10:24 PM
Though sad to see him go, I was glad to see him get out of Cuero, he did a hell of a job here, his youngest son was graduating and he needed his own program, I'm really happy for him... Listen to what he has to say, he has enough schooling to be a doctor, he knows his stuff...

Now, I had him as an offensive coordinator, and he was funny, how is he as a head coach? Any humor?

Gobbla2001
10-16-2002, 10:26 PM
Though sad to see him go, I was glad to see him get out of Cuero, he did a hell of a job here, his youngest son was graduating and he needed his own program, I'm really happy for him... Listen to what he has to say, he has enough schooling to be a doctor, he knows his stuff...

Now, I had him as an offensive coordinator, and he was funny, how is he as a head coach? Any humor?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-16-2002, 11:18 PM
Ok, I kinda thought it sounded like jealousy.....but just had to ask if you were hatin'....that's all.

Just the little while I spoke to him, he seemed like a cool guy. He didn't talk to me much though. Anyway, where are you going to school right now? Ever considered Spring Break on South Padre Island? It'd give you the chance to visit Coach Monty at Port Isabel. I'm sure he's appreciate your visit. :D

Kool Tarpon 21
10-17-2002, 06:58 AM
He is a great Head Coach and he is funny. He thinks he can take me out.LoL. We joke around like that. I think he's a great coach. He is very funny. Well, right now we're concentrating on Raymondville. Hopefully we'll do well against them.

Missile #21

Gobbla2001
10-17-2002, 03:08 PM
Hey Kool Tarpon 21, any elbow drops?

Kool Tarpon 21
10-17-2002, 09:37 PM
No not yet. I know he's a big wrestling fan. Probably one of these days he will get me off guard and elbow drop me or something. He's a kool guy. He actually thinks he can take me on.LoL. I hope you're reading this Coach. You actually think you can take me? LoL. Oh well, I guess everyone is allowed to dream. Let's get ready for those KITTIES and then we'll talk.

Missile #21